Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Wednesday Check In
Breakfast - egg and sausage burrito
Lunch - monterrey jack and bacon burger on onion bun
Snack - protein shack, 3 pb cups
Dinner - ham and cheese sandwich
TOTALS - 1825 cals, 137/80/137 (goal 1750, 131/78/131)
EXERCISE - 10,192 steps

I was too weak with the pb cups. I should have only had one, but I was home all day, and the package kept calling to me. They are all gone now, and I'll know I don't have the strength yet to just eat one at a time, so I won't by anymore. Had a nasty headache all afternoon, so I didn't workout, instead I just got my steps in and then colored for the rest of the evening.

Sundove - That's interesting about genetics and food. My dad's family is Italian with a dash of Irish, mom's is Cajun with a dash of German (and yes, this combo makes for some short tempered folks). Wonder what I should be eating, 'cause I'm pretty sure that I'm not lucky enough to lose weight eating pasta and sausages, lol. About the IOS update...embarrassingly enough, I had set my alarm to PM rather than AM so that's why it didn't go off. But it still won't use the proper song and that is very annoying.

Diana - As much as I dislike TOM, menopause is certainly not something I'm looking forward to. I get annoyed when my TOM is off by even one day...I can't imagine when it is months and you never know when it will rear it's little head. Ugh!

kelijpa - Yeah, the wedding will likely last several days with lots of outfits. I'll probably live in yoga pants for a month afterwards just to recuperate!

magistra - Have you tried half caf coffee? That may help with the heart palpitations. That's what my family has always used for their evening coffee. I can't speak to the taste since I'm the odd man out who can't stand the taste of coffee, but they seemed to like it.

Misti - Glad to hear from you! Sorry about the additional surgery, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Syckgirlfv - Peanut butter is a great way to boost your calorie intake. Has a bit of fat in it (and sugar, depending on your brand) but all in all a pretty good choice. The protein and fat makes it pretty satiating, so it generally doesn't cause extra cravings.

Ameline - I wish I had cravings for things as healthy as sushi. I always want something crazy like a lasagna or a giant milkshake. Glad you were able to have your treat! The idea that lost fat is filled in with water makes a lot of sense to me. You never lose those fat cells, they just deflate, and I know with me I tend to lose inches and weight at different times, so that would kind of explain that. Interesting.

Chunkahlunkah - I've always found I have a drop after I eat a more filling day after I've really restricted for a while. I've never really determined why it works that way either. It probably is the "sweet spot" thing more than anything else. I'm still trying to figure out mine.

zoniegirl - Snack food is of the devil. I've never really learned how to snack properly. I want to eat a full meals worth every single time I start eating. Which is usually 450-700 calories. You just can't do that more than 3x a day. I basically have to limit myself to snack I don't really like that much, so fuel rather than pleasure (almonds). Even those I can go crazy on if I don't watch myself.

NinaB - A couple bad days is nothing. We all have them. Heck, I've had whole years. The thing is to get back up and keep plodding on. Sometimes it is hard to realize that this isn't a quick fix. I want it to be like painting a room, but it is a lot more like growing a tree.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #347  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkahlunkah View Post
... After so much evolution designed to keep us alive, it makes sense that our bodies will most easily lose weight when it knows that doing so isn't contributing to our death.
People always say that naturally thin people have the best genetics, and I always bring this up. I'm pretty sure us folks with the fat store will last the longest in a famine, so clearly we are genetically superior!
Old 09-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #348  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
People always say that naturally thin people have the best genetics, and I always bring this up. I'm pretty sure us folks with the fat store will last the longest in a famine, so clearly we are genetically superior!
I agree!

We're also obviously life's favorites since we're the ones it most wants to keep around!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:04 AM   #349  

MonteCristo Haha I think those short tempered genes get around, I have that trait, just like my Dad did. Re the food, yeah most of us are melting pots. I've noticed over my lifetime that I gravitate to certain foods. I don't mean the tempting ones that call out & trigger cravings. More like my power foods that I default to when I'm eating well. No idea if there's a genetic component. Mine are cole slaw, eggs, cabbage, brocc, buternut sqush, pears, garlic, to name a few. Not exciting, but sustaining. Uh oh shuttle stop here,
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #350  

Chunkah Got some questions for ya, back soon.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 9/22/16

Greetings, everyone, hope you are all doing well!

I wanted to start today's post with an essay that I found on this site about falling off the wagon. To find it, go to forums, diet central, general diet plans and questions, click on the sticky - falling off the wagon. It basically likens the diet journey to a game of chutes and ladders. That was one of my favorite games as a child, so I really enjoyed the essay. Also, it seems like lots of people have had recent struggles, myself included.

Chunk - congrats on your 15 pound loss! I enjoyed your musings and I've read posts by others on this site that actually vary their calorie goals intentionally to keep the body off balance based on their experience that they lose more.

Magistra - congrats on your walking! I hope to add hiking as well when the weather cools off here next month and I add another cardio day to my workout schedule. I've got a great loop hike that has some elevation. So, it is a tough workout. Not sure I'm ready for that, but I'll give it a try. Hope you enjoy it!

Diana - grat job on your food and exercise! You are so inspiring with your consistency. BTW, what is War Room? Who is in it?

Sundove and Nicoley - thanks for your comments and support! Ditto re: snack foods and refined carbs. When I look at them for what they really are as nutritionally lacking and viewing my body as a temple, as Nicoley suggested, it really helps me to avoid them rather than having that negative mindset of "I really desire them, but I can't have them."

Sundove - glad you are doing well managing your cravings.

Nicoley - I send you support and encouragement. Please read that essay I suggested. It might give you a new attitude about slip ups.

Monte - glad you had a half day! Great job on food and exercise for the last couple of days! PB cups are a weakness for me, too. No worries, just make tomorrow a better day.

Nina - great to see you back! As you can see from my posts, I've struggled this month as well. But, with each slip, I look at what happened, try to learn from it, and resolve to do better the next day. I have a workout top that says "never, ever give up!" That helps me.

Ameline - thanks for your comments and support! I love sushi! Even with the rice, it is pretty healthy. I went to a place that replaced cucumber as the binder for the rice. It was delicious!

Sotsmom - great job on logging your food! Although I've never tried his videos, I love Richard Simmons! He has such an effervescent personality, so positive. He has helped so many people. Enjoy the video!

Misti - hi! I send you thoughts and prayers for your surgery and recovery.

Syckgirls - enjoy your ride! Hope you find a good way to add more calories. I see you already eat nuts, so that is a good. I also eat hard-boiled eggs, cottage cheese, string cheese (which I've seen you already do). I like Monte's PB suggestion. I've recently added canned tuna with olive oil mayo. Good protein, but kind of high sodium. They also have tuna as snack packs with different seasonings and crackers, so it is good for on-the-go meals.

Greetings and support to anyone I missed!

Daily update - plan for today - calories 1,220; carbs 74; fat 56; protein 118; sodium 2,550; sugar 35. Exercise - none, recovery day.

Well, I've gotten back on track and have added an 8 and 10 pm snack to my day. I do protein only for the 10 pm snack. I think it helps. I think I was getting too hungry in the evenings and that was why I had evening Bugles binge and my middle of the night snack attacks this month. My sodium is high with the cottage cheese, salad dressing, and tuna. But, I've increased my water by 20 oz. a day, so hopefully that will help to flush it out.

Have a great day, everyone, and let's stay strong!

Last edited by Zoniegirl; 09-22-2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Error
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 271/270/131

Height: 5'5"

Hi all...my commitment is to do some form of exercise daily, so going for a walk at lunch time.
erowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #353  

Hi everyone, today I'm again quite tired, but it's because I was working all day and didn't get that much sleep. My eating was in line, except I was so busy I had lunch 10 hours after breakfast and it did probably made me even more tired than I would have been otherwise. I was also thinking - the food is shaping nicely, more or less, but I guess I should add on the exercise a bit. It's pretty inconsistent, basically just when I feel like it. I do enjoy several active hobbies, but I sometimes don't give them high enough priority and at times I'm tired quite enough at the end of the day so I don't feel like adding to it, especially if there's a lot of work to do that I want to save energy for. But having some fun incentive to get up to it would be a good thing, I believe. Some people do say they feel energized after exercise and maybe I can try to find out how to do it too.

MonteCristo: I get the weirdest cravings since I tried intuitive eating. I went with it for 2 years after I realized my restrict/binge cycle was getting so out of hand it was starting to look almost a little bit like an eating disorder. Did me a world of good, but I probably shouldn't have been surprised that it's more suited to maintaining than losing weight. But when I caught myself with a mysterious desire which turned out to point to romaine lettuce, I knew something went right. The downside is that people think those might be early pregnancy cravings too often for comfort

magistra17: I'm definitely a tea person and today I drink coffee only for a special reason when I need that extra strong fast kick that doesn't neccesarily need to be gentle. I got restless and shaky after coffee too often. I worked my way from very strong dark tea (pu-erh or extra strong earl grey) to enjoying even the lighter tastes, I wouldn't have been able to replace it with green tea or even white tea straight away back then. Walking is great, I really enjoy it myself. It's just something to it.

Misti in Seattle: Hope you get better soon

Chunkahlunkah If you're talking about travelling, what was your favorite place so far? What is your dream destination? I dream of a walking holiday in Norway You made me think what I like about my country besides the beer, too I would go with the remarkably dense well-marked system of hiking trails, actually.
Ameline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:24 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 218.2/201.8/165

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

Sundove – you’re right – Richard don’t play!!

Chunkahlunkah – he has so much energy it wouldn’t surprise me if he came jumping off the UPS truck and out of the box!! Wears me out! But so much fun.

Thursday’s snapshot
Total 967 Calories

Breakfast (263 calories)
2 slices bacon
2 scrambled eggs

Lunch (422 calories)
½ parmesan crusted chicken breast, baked
1 medium cucumbers

Dinner (282 calories)
¼ lb hamburger steak, homemade
Sautéed cabbage, yellow squash & zucchini

Have a great night folks! Me? I'm praying for a positive digestive change, if you catch my drift.....I need some RELIEF!!

Last edited by sots mom; 09-23-2016 at 04:06 PM.
sots mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo View Post
people always say that naturally thin people have the best genetics, and i always bring this up. I'm pretty sure us folks with the fat store will last the longest in a famine, so clearly we are genetically superior! :d
Love This!!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, blueberries, apricot vanilla tea w/half and half
L: Hebrew National hot dog w/mustard on one slice of whole wheat bread
S: a few triscuit wheat crackers w/cream cheese
D: pizza

I will be walking later today. I bought a new dress this summer but it's a maxi dress and it has been too hot to wear. I put it on today and I'm really pleased with the way I look in it. It didn't fit me this well when I first got it. I look more trim in it now, so I believe the walking is definitely doing something.

MonteCristo That's a good idea. I may try half caf. I get the Starbuck's via, (blonde) since I'm just making a single cup. I wonder if Starbucks has something like that.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #357  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

Tomorrow is my early day. Oh joy, you know how much I just LOVE that. I am naturally a grouchy morning person, :early: just compounds the grouchiness.

TTOM did start, so that explains a lot with what I have going on. It's nothing like what it used to be, but I guess that's a good thing, since it was awful. How is that for a run on sentence? I walked around in circles most of my morning, not being able to focus on what I need to do. I have always done that sort of thing at the start of my TTOM. I wish I could call the walking in circles exercise, but I don't think so.

Syckgirlsfv Did you get that ride in?

Misti I hope you are doing well from your surgery.

Sundove What flavor roasted chicken did you get? I really like the ones they have. I also have the genes that hold on to everything for dear life, fat, water, everything.

Magistra Does the decaf coffee bother you? Great job on the walk. ETA: I just saw about the Starbucks via, how about mixing a regular one with a decaf, then use half one day and half the next. I have read that decaf coffee still has caffeine in it. That's why I only drink decaf after my morning coffee.

Kelijpa Are you done with the music festivals for the year? It doesn't seem like you went to as many as before.

Nicoley Great job on your day.

Chunkahlunkah I hope your day was a good one.

MonteCristo The wedding sounds like it's going to be a fun event. I hope you are feeling better from the headache.

Zoniegirl Here's the trailer to War Room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DbRwcrhiLA

Erowley Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Ameline Maybe you can add walking into your normal routine. Park farther away, take the stairs, etc.

Sots Mom I hope your tummy is feeling better soon. That cabbage at dinner should help.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:58 PM   #358  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/roasted turkey & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Quick Fix, workout 2
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #359  

Thursday Check In
Breakfast - egg & sausage burrito
Lunch - meatball sandwich
Dinner - chipotle chicken sandwich, pretzel chips
Snack - protein shake, werther's candy
TOTALS: 1723 cals, 113/81/133 (goal 1750, 131/78/133)
EXERCISE: 10,000+ steps
Old 09-22-2016, 10:48 PM   #360  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default Sept 22

I am not dead and not quitting!! I am still well and on track just technical issues for a week now ! Will hopefully update tomorrow night with results and such. Laptop is at 4% right now !
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote