Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-29-2016, 09:49 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

One more thing, Sots, I buy my nuts at Costco. Don't know if you have one near you, but they have really good prices on nuts compared with most grocery stores that I've looked at.
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:40 PM   #482  

Looking good Sot's Mom...Keep us posted!

Diana I know what you man about time flying by. I hope you get some slow mo time.

NicholsFamily WTG on your cals & exercise!!

Snapple WTG with finding the foods you enjoy eating. It's clearly working for you! I'm another coffee lover. That's interesting that you don't feel like eating meat--is it something you are aiming to do, ie eliminate meat? Oh man i have that same pizza pizza thing going on quite often!

Chunkahlunkah I chuckled when I read that you are tempted to start a new experiment n=1 because you love the data I hope it works out well, and at least keeps it interesting!

Syckgirlsfv I think you're losing well, esp considering you don't have much to lose, judging by your ticker. Do you have a scale that gives fat & water percentages in addition to weight? I know they aren't all that accurate but if used consistently, they give trends. Mine works that way--when I have a lot of sodium, I'll see a weight gain and also bigger number for water %. It's a little consolation and information when the weight number isn't cooperating.

Zoniegirl I love frogs too. Good luck at the Birthday party. You've got this.

to everyone I missed

Today included a 4 hr road trip winding up with hotel offering fresh baked cookies in the lobby. And a little package of mini oreos in my room. I am so thankful for this sugar abstinence experiment--it's like a safety belt. There was none of my usual internal dialogue & rationalizing. It was easy to walk by them. The oreos are stashed out of sight--if they start calling my name, I'll remove them from the room. I'm not above flushing them down the toilet if it comes to that! I also resisted the urge to buy some more protein bars-I'm starting to want them too much.

Check in 1500 cals
B protein bar, tofu, protein shake/coffee
L apple, jicama & cucumber sticks, almonds, cold cooked broccoli
S protein bar--again!
D store-bought green salad with beans, corn, extra chicken that I added, discarded the tortilla strips.

Happy Week's end everyone!

Last edited by Sundove; 09-29-2016 at 11:12 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:07 AM   #483  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I was aiming to get in 14 or 1500 calories today, but I had to call it quits at 1330. I just wasn't hungry enough today. I even had to eat a big bowl of cereal late tonight after class to get as high as I did.

Happy End of the Month, everyone! Here's to an even better October.

zonie - GL at the party!

Sundove - It's a sickness; I can't help myself! Fresh baked cookies at reception, oreos in the bedroom...I think Cookie Monster manages that place. Well done abstaining from sugar!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:26 AM   #484  

Chunkahlunkah I thought you meant you were getting high with the cereal as a requirement for your class. Glad you got as 'high' as you did

Last edited by Sundove; 09-30-2016 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:01 AM   #485  
Shorty getting fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
Chunkahlunkah I thought you meant you were getting with the cereal as a requirement for your class. Glad you got as 'high' as you did

I shouldn't post when I'm high. I mean sleepy. Yeah. Sleepy.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #486  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Hmm, it was getting really deep in here last night.

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim & Limber & 10 Minutes Legs Up the Wall
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 172.4 (TTOM - day 10 - I'm thinking today is my last day)
Down: 1 pound

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:26 AM   #487  

Good morning Everyone,
I'm going to do a pre-check in; will be a challenging day with unexpected foods/meals popping up.
B protein shake/coffee--somehow I have a chocolate flavored shake--rude surprise in my coffee
B eggs, & sausage potatoes if available, fruit if not,
L store bought Asian style salad, jicama sticks
D store-bought Greek salad with extra chicken
S There will be a reception. I'll be better off if I don't eat anything and won't miss it

Last night I dreamt I was eating pastries. The taste experience was so vivid. Then I remembered I was avoiding them and would have to tell you all about my slip. It was nice to wake up and realize it was a dream. On some level, I had the pleasure of having eaten those things. Virtual indulgence!

Last edited by Sundove; 09-30-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:33 AM   #488  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Thursday Check In
Breakfast: ham and cheese sandwich
Lunch: tortellini and italian sausage
Dinner: hamburger patty, tortilla chips, salsa
Snack: protein shake
TOTALS: 1850cals, 107/98/122 (goal: 1750, 131/78/131)
EXERCISE: 120 min 5x5 A, 10,000+ steps

Macros were a little off yesterday, I not so much that it will have a bad effect on my weight loss. I had a protein shake for breakfast today, so I should be on track for today. I killed my lifting workout again. It seems that having pasta before lifting is the key to progress. Who knew?
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #489  

9/29

Weight - 140.4
Calories - 1315
Exercise - ran 3 miles - total 15,483 steps

I've been stuck for a week - obviously doing something wrong.

But I wanted to recap my accomplishments for this month:

Tracked calories almost every day
Weighed almost every day
Fit into clothes that were too tight last month
Added one/two days of running to my weekly exercise
Did not have a Monday weight surge the last two weeks

Things to work on next month:
Drink more water
Figure out how to eat at night - I have class from 5-9, so I end up eating right before I go to bed and don't make the best choices
Eat more fruits and veggies
Track my food better - I pick at things and then just add 200 calories to my total at the end of the day. I need to be better disciplined. And stop picking!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by nicoley73; 09-30-2016 at 09:35 AM.
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #490  

nicoley - Just because you are stuck for a week doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong. Sometime our bodies just want to take a break for a bit. Look at your accomplishments for the month...you are doing a great job!
Old 09-30-2016, 09:59 AM   #491  

Can I make a suggestion for the October thread? I'll repost there when it goes up to make sure everyone gets a chance to see it, but I think it would be a great idea for us to all take our measurements at the beginning of the month and again at the end, and see how much progress we make. If you are at all uncomfortable with sharing your numbers you could just share the change at the end, but I think it would be an interesting experiment. We probably want to do the main ones, (chest, waist, hips) but you could do as many others as you want. I know it really helps me, especially when I'm on a plateau, to see those numbers change.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #492  

S/C/G: 186/135/125

Height: 5.5 feet

Hi people Thank you for all the many welcomes.

LOL yep I see that "Pizza" sign. I had a slice last night but at least I practiced portion control. So trying to not "slip up" again today. Scale is at a stand still.

Did stock up on the frozen veggies on sale yesterday so that's lunch today

Not really striving for vegetarianism, but just kinda... felt like as if my body wants me to chill on my carnivorous tendencies for a bit. Ya know? I am considering cutting out dairy too, though for other reasons.

Monte
that sounds like a good idea to me, about the measurements. Oh but how dread measurements lol! I have hips, thighs and residual swimmer's shoulders. Sigh.

Last edited by snapple; 09-30-2016 at 10:30 AM.
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:34 AM   #493  
Shorty getting fit

Diana -

Monte - Measurements are a great idea - I'm in! I haven't taken mine since July.

Nicoley - You slayed September! Awesome job!
Old 09-30-2016, 10:49 AM   #494  

I think measurements are a good idea - if someone can do a tutorial on how to do them correctly! I never know if I'm measuring in the right place!
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:29 AM   #495  

The important thing with measurements is to be consistent. I can tell you how I take mine, but IDK if that is "right". It really helps to take them in front of a mirror so you can make sure you tape measure is parallel with the floor, also don't go to the end of the tape as they can get stretched out. I usually overlap at 10inches for ease of math,.

Chest - under my arms, but above my bust
Bust - fullest part of bust, while wearing a good fitting bra
Rib Cage - directly under the bust
Waist - smallest part. I personally suck in as hard as I can, then relax and take the measurement
Gut - this is a silly one of my own devising. Just the part of my stomach that sticks out the most
Hips - Some people do this at the widest portion of their hips, looking straight on. I personally measure at widest point looking from the side (so across my butt)
Thigh - come down on one knee. measure the thigh at the thickest part (if you want to get really particular, pick a spot, measure that distance from the inside of your knee, then make sure to hit that exact spot each time)
Calf - come down on one knee. measure the calf at the thickest part (if you want to get really particular, pick a spot, measure that distance from the inside of your knee, then make sure to hit that exact spot each time)
Upper Arm - flex your arm like you are showing off your guns. peak of the bicep is where you want to measure. even if you can't feel it, you should be able to feel it. Measure around. for this one the tape will actually be perpendicular to the floor. This one can be a bit tricky on your own, but just wrap the tape around a couple of times and it makes it easier. relax the flex for the actual measurement, just use it to find the right spot
Fore Arm - flex your arm (make a tight fist) measure at the peak of the muscle (2-3 inches from the inside of elbow), relax the flex for the actual measurement, just use it to find the right spot

I don't regularly measure neck and wrist because they just don't change, but I just do those at the smallest part.

Here is a wiki for measurements. I just use mine for my own information, so I don't really care if they match up to clothing sizes, but you may want to take a look at this if you want to use yours for both.
http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Measurements-(For-Women)