Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 124

Height: 5.5

Default Morning Update

Sundove- Thanks! I finished my two degrees this fall, I did my BA and by BEd side by side. I am so happy for it to be over, but I have always loved school (good thing I went into teaching, lol) so I am still enrolling in classes to further my BEd. As for the dress, I don't really have a jacket but I have two sisters-- so a jacket should be easy to find without spending a dime lol.

I had a small victory this morning. My parents came home with McDonalds breakfast like we do every Sunday. I forgot to tell them not to get anything for me this time. But I only ate half of everything, and I took the bacon out of my sandwich! Half was a little more like 2/3 of everything, if I'm completely honest, but my intention was to not eat the whole thing, and I didn't

Hoping that the rest of the day goes well too!
NinaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everybody!

Today’s menu:
B: half of a cheese bagel with grated cheese and butter, handful of tiny tomatoes, coffee w/powdered vanilla cream
L: tuna, mayo on whole wheat w/sliced tomato, water
D: pork chops, broccoli, snap peas, baby carrots, rice

A couple hours after breakfast, I found myself not feeling too well. My hands were shaking and I felt fatigued. That was weird so I ate some tuna and went back to bed. I felt much better after that, but I’m thinking that maybe a white bread, coffee and sugar breakfast is not so good for me. I’ll have to make a better choice tomorrow.

I have church this evening so probably won’t go walking, but I have my mini tramp so I can jog.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:46 PM   #273  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

menu update

Lunch - Omaha Polynesian pork chop, brussel sprouts
Snack will probably be deli chicken breast, reduced fat swiss, and a wholly guacamole single
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:40 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 218.2/201.8/165

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

Morning weigh in has me down 2.4 lbs since yesterday! I can't believe it!!

Sunday’s snapshot…

Total 1069 calories

Breakfast (604 calories)
1 omelet w/ bacon, cheese, onion and green olives
2 scrambled eggs

Lunch (250 calories)
4 halved deviled eggs

Dinner (215 calories)
5 oz chuck pot roast
½ cup boiled cabbage

120 oz water

Remember I am attempting low carb/low calorie diet per doctor’s recommendation. Today I only had 13.6 net carbs, and 1069 total calories. Pretty good!

Have a GREAT night everyone!!

Leanne~

Last edited by sots mom; 09-19-2016 at 07:51 AM.
sots mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #275  

Hi All Quick check in, lots of cooking to do; not even gonna try to get the cleaning in

Sots Mom I'm sure that .4 will be gone asap. You are doing great, I was a bit concerned your cals were too low--I was cautioned by a nutritionist to avoid going under 1000 cals. That's just my 2 cents fwiw. So I was glad to see you are having a little more--it's still very low cal and carb.

Day 5 of sugar/flour abstinence has gone well.
B protein shake/coffee
L Whole Foods hot bar eggs, smashed potatoes, then some ground turkey marinara.
S about 15 cashews
D broccoli, home made bone broth, sauteed cabbage, something else?
S maybe an egg white omelet

Last edited by Sundove; 09-18-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 124

Height: 5.5

Today was not a great day. Ate too much, and I did not exercize. I am now too full and kind of sick and can't even bear the thought of working out.

Tomorrow is a new day, and back into the routine.

Daily Question: what kind of choices do you make when you eat out?

I tend to go for a burger of sorts...despite chemicals or hormones possibly being in it, the meat patty is generally pretty lean and simple. There is almost always an option to go for a whole wheat bun, and a side salad instead of fries. I also try and order off the kids menu if I am at a place that is notorious for unhealthy choices, like McDonalds or something like that. The portion is smaller, and I still go for a simple burger.
NinaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #277  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

I have read all the posts. This will be another quick one for me. I still have stuff to do before bed. The weekends just fly by and it just seems like there is never enough time in a day to get it all done. I hate to neglect the thread when I get busy but it seems like there is always someone who can pick up the slack during those times. I want to thank everyone for the way you support each other.

Total Approx 1260 calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley Vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream and stevia blend

Lunch (500 calories)
salad w/roasted turkey & BHF's ranch 500 calories

Dinner (500 calories)
Omelette made with shrimp that my DH caught, peppers, onions, mushrooms, a pinch of cheese, a bit of salsa on the side 400 calories
Yasso caramel ice cream dessert bar thingy (these are really good ) 100 calories https://www.yasso.com/products/sea-s...el-stick-bars/

Exercise:

KCM's Circuit Burn - Cardio/Boxing premix
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #278  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
menu update

Lunch - Omaha Polynesian pork chop, brussel sprouts
Snack will probably be deli chicken breast, reduced fat swiss, and a wholly guacamole single
Syckgirlsfvyour diet meals always sound mouthwatering! What is a Wholly Guacamole single?

Daily Question: what kind of choices do you make when you eat out?

Depending on the place, I'll order broiled meat or chicken, a salad with oil/vinegar, and as many steamed veggie orders as I want. Lots of food, but no butter, nothing breaded, nothing deep fried, no bread or starch. Maybe a glass of wine, tho to me it's a waste of cals--would trather have a dessert

Last edited by Sundove; 09-18-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Sunday Check In
Breakfast: eggs and ham
Lunch: ham and mashed potatoes
Dinner: blueberry pie and almonds
Snack: 2 scoops protein powder
TOTALS: 1707 calories. A little low on protein, only had 115g. I also need to get in some veggies. I just don't care for them, so I tend to forget them.
Exercise: Hit 10,000 steps

My triceps are so so sore today. I found a video that explained how to do a more effective version of skullcrusher and I used it during my Saturday workout. Now my arms feel like someone beat them with a metal pipe. So I guess they were right about it being more effective.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 9/18/16

Hi everyone, just a quick update on today's meals. Calories 1,372; carbs 94g; fat 73g, protein 94g; sodium 3,051 mg; sugar 41g.

Kind of a crazy day today. Went out to lunch after church to a Chinese restaurant. Chose a pork salad. Not what I was expecting at all. The cabbage was good, but I think the dressing probably had a lot of sugar because it was sweet and spicy. And there were tiny bits of pork, barely 2 oz. i would have been better off ordering chicken with vegetables, but I was afraid if I did that I would eat it with rice. Oh well, next time.

So, then I was trying to waste time because I needed to go back to church for a function later in the day. I didn't want to drive all the way home and then turn around and drive back. So, I was puttering around shopping for a few hours. I was absolutely starving after having hardly any protein for lunch. So, I was at Target and bought beef jerky, roasted cashews and Goldfish crackers. I ate them in the car (only a few handfuls of goldfish) on my way back to church for the function. My sodium, calories, and fat are well above my goals for the day. It ended up to be kind of a disastrous day when I had hoped for a day of moderation to make up for yesterday. And, tomorrow is my weigh-in...I'm going to chug water tonight!

Back on plan tomorrow and it is a workout day to boot! Have a great night everyone!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:46 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Daily question/answer

Hi, I forgot to answer today's question. If I go out to a restaurant with a light menu (like Chili's or Applebee's ), I do very well and order straight off of that. If no light menu is available, then I focus on protein and vegetables. I don't usually order with no butter, no oil, no salt, although I probably should do so. I generally ask the server to substitute extra veggies or a salad for the starchy sides like rice, potatoes, etc. If I have salad, then I order vinaigrette dressing.
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:08 AM   #282  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Flower - I read in post 157 that you're going through a challenging time. I hope things have gotten better.

Zonie - Post 161. I think many, if not all, of us can relate to soothing with food at some point. Kudos to you for becoming aware of it. I find it easier to avoid that if I keep away from my go-to soothing foods. For me, that's usually processed carbs, things like popchips and Annie's chocolate bunny grahams. I'm like a bottomless pit with those things.

Anitanita - Nice work getting to strength training at the gym! Did you like it? The good thing about no tai chi yet is it gives you something new to look forward to down the road.

Monte - Oh, I hate being sick when there's a special meal going on! Did you get to enjoy your pot roast after feeling better or was it all gone by then? And yes to everything you said that goes wrong for you when exercising in the morning! I wonder if maybe we're both reeeeaaaaalllly sensitive to dehydration? Who knows. We should be studied. I don't know a thing about weights, but it sounds like you're a monster! In a good way. Congrats on the broken plateau! Well done!

Syckgirl - I read South Beach and think it's a great diet. Congrats on how effective it's been for you this week. That's awesome!

Teri - I think that's a clever idea to record desserts. It shows you've already identified where you have an opportunity to change and get major results. I know that cutting down there can be hard, but you can do it. Have you found the food mover yet?

sots mom - We could so be breakfast buddies. I like your snack choice a lot too! And wow, congratulations, you've made so much progress this month! I think you and Teri are on a mission to trigger a Richard Simmons comeback.

Sundove - I actually haven't settled on my philosophical approach yet! There are a few areas I'm interested in. It will most likely be something within epistemology though and its connection with identity. Are any of your degrees in the humanities? Man, that's disgusting that Harvard researchers let Coca Cola buy them off. Congrats on your weight loss and maintenance. I hope you're very proud of that major accomplishment! Very smart to notice the creep up and get on top of it before it gets too far.

merowi - Good luck with reaching your end of Sept goal!

Diana - I hope your weekend wasn't too busy to get some fun in. That omelet sounds really good.

NinaB - Sounds like a great plan and like you've got your head in a really good place. Congrats on your degrees! What year/subject do you teach? Love your daily question idea! I'm also a coconut lover. Have you tried chobani's coconut yogurt? I figure you must've, but just in case it's somehow been off your radar, I want to let you know about that coconut deliciousness. Frozen coconut bars are also insanely delicious and pretty low calories for how fantastic they are. Sorry you had a bad day but good attitude about starting fresh tomorrow.

Beloved Warrior - Homer is singing, "I like pizza, I like bagels" in my avatar. That could be my theme song. Yeah, my weight loss really slowed this summer. I'm pretty sure it was my anemia making me comatose. I still need to make some accommodations for it, but I'm feeling much, much better. Hugs to you. I think about you and hope that your heart isn't too heavy with the sorrow you've been through. Wow, you have a LOT of traveling coming up! How's it going?

Nightowl - Nice to see you in this thread!

Magistra- Good to see you back!

Ameline - Do you have fatigue often, or was that sleepy day unusual for you?

Hello and to all!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-19-2016 at 12:10 AM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:07 AM   #283  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Busy weekend, Hope everyone is doing well!

Walked with my mom Saturday in the race for the cure, she is a 25 year breast cancer survivor, my hero. My dad told me he has an abdominal aortic aneurysm, so now have that to occupy my worry center. He has an appointment today with his family doctor to go over test and strata path forward, so will see how that goes. Then a sort of family reunion at my in-laws, everyone is getting along at the moment, so that went well, going to enjoy that for as long as it lasts...

Anyhow, back on track yesterday, back to routine today. My niece told me about a youtube series yoga by Adrienne, going to try that tonight, I think one is called yoga camp, she said she teaches you one pose at a time, she really liked it.

Ok, better continue getting ready for work...

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:16 AM   #284  

9/18

Weight - 143.4
Calories - 1312
Exercise - 9573 steps

I'm happy with how I did this weekend - only gained back .5 lbs and pretty much stayed on track.

Daily Question - I order what I want when we go out, and eat smaller portions. I hate paying for food I can make at home. I do try to avoid going out to eat when I'm dieting - even the best options are much higher in calories that what I would eat at home!
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:34 AM   #285  

Hi, I forgot yesterday . I ate well, danced for exercise, nothing notable happened except me being quite comfortable and happy the late heat-wave is definitely over and the house is starting to cool off.

kelijpa: I totally love yoga with Adrienne, she's just so sweet and her approach really works for me. It brought me to yoga, basically. It's one of my favorite parts of the day (though lately I'm often going "freestyle" without a video). I basically walk around recommending her channel to everyone who listens How did you find her?
I'm sorry about your dad, hope he'll get well soon.

Chunkahlunkah: A tired sleepy day happens every now and then, whether I restrict or not. Maybe a bit more often than other people, but nothing too bad. It's often about the weather - I'm crazy sensitive to changes in pressure - but it's also about changes in sleep patterns - it's not unusual for my sleep time to shift +-12 hours in a day and as I'm getting older (27 LOL) I'm getting to feel it when I do. My work schedule is also all over the place, I take pleasure in the final sleep-deprived sprint towards a deadline, but it leaves me exhausted for up to a week now (didn't phase me when I was 20, ah well). But I do enjoy taking the week off since I've earned it, so... Also I used to get very tired when I forgot to eat (not a meal, mind you, I sometimes got so distracted I missed a whole day), but since I'm following a plan, this at least is not the cause. Why? Do you have some idea of your own that could help? I honestly think it's mostly my poor time management overall that makes me tired. Need to work on that.

Zoniegirl: Crazy days happen. Tomorrow you're getting back on plan, that is great.

MonteCristo: Adding new more challenging exercises is a great way to see progress. Good luck

Daily question: I generally don't eat out and if I do, it's a special occasion (like, say, 3-5 times a year). I'm not in weight loss for long enough to get to one But for me the whole point of eating out is getting some extra special food. If I were to count calories, I might as well not go. Parties and balls are a different question, though. Beer is my weak point

Last edited by Ameline; 09-19-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Ameline is offline   Reply With Quote