Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-14-2016, 10:31 PM   #211  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default September 14th

Today wasn't the greatest again. I didnt feel well and wasnt hungry for dinner so I only had 869 calories. I got hungry around 730 and just ate random food that wasnt very healthy. I did straight cardio again today as I couldnt bring myself to do my 21 day fix workouts. I got in 12,000 + steps.
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:32 PM   #212  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoley73 View Post
Sundove - I have very similar issues with sugar. I hate to pass up a treat, and I love to bake, but I find it extremely difficult to eat sweets in moderation. If I eat sugar in the morning I will be irrationally hungry all day. So I do best when I eliminate it from my diet. I do use artificial sweeteners when I have a craving - like a protein bar or shake. I also make a very yummy dessert with full fat greek yogurt, frozen raspberries and just a teaspoon of lemon curd. It tastes sweet but I think it's not enough to trigger a binge. I still have a hard time resisting birthday cake at the kids many parties, or ice cream at our local parlour, or donuts...

So sugar is probably my biggest struggle and what causes me to fall off of my diet most times. I do believe all of the research about how addictive it is. I've also tried to crack down on how much sugar my kids eat but it's hard!
Thanks for that dessert idea nicoley73 Yup, that's me alright. I honestly don't know what would work with kids. Maybe the best one can do is expose them to delicious healthy foods so they're in their taste memories? Good luck!

As for the addiction model with food, it sure fits me. I'm more clearheaded & tuned in to my life when I am sugar free. That's as important to me as the weight and health benefit.

Last edited by Sundove; 09-14-2016 at 11:34 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:30 AM   #213  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Going good here, had to make some eggs and salsa for breakfast since I ran out of yogurt, got in the legs up the wall stretch, the scarf really deepens the stretch, then I bring my feet down together and do a hip stretch, kind of like sitting in a yoga pose but with my feet against the wall.

Sundove I hear you on the missed treats bucket list, I've been obsessing for days over this graduation/treat ceremony they're having artwork for one of my friends. Since it's my weigh in day at WW and I had a good week that I don't want to screw up....well you can imagine the gyrations my mind is going through I'll probably take something back to my desk and try and figure out how to wait to eat it until after I weigh in. I love the pillow between the knees, I use a small one we have for camping, I've only lost it once so far

Diana

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:49 AM   #214  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Default Thursday's Food ...

Just a quick one for now ...

Today's Food ...

Breakfast ~ Porridge Oats made with Almond Milk, with Grated Apple, Cinnamon and drizzle of Coconut Milk
Lunch ~ On the go ... Just a Nectarine
Dinner ~ Asian Duck Salad
Beverage ~ Will probably have a glass or two of wine, as it's public holiday here in HK tomorrow, so no work for hubby, and he fancies opening a bottle, which I know I will par-take!

Hope everyone is having a good day ... keep up the good work all of you!

Weigh-in day for me tomorrow, so we'll see what effect the weekend has on the scales!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:33 AM   #215  

9/14
Weight - 144.0
Calories - 1117
Exercise - 8147 steps

I would like to do better with my steps - I've gotten a little lazy. i really just need to add another walk with the dogs in.
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:48 AM   #216  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing) 10 Minutes legs up the wall
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 173.4
No Change

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:52 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 218.2/201.8/165

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

Wednesday’s snapshot…

Weight 209.0

Total 1148 calories

Breakfast (263 calories)
2 slices bacon
2 scrambled eggs

Lunch (455 calories)
8 oz hamburger steak (90%) lean ground beef
1 oz American cheese
½ cup red sautéed bell peppers
1 medium apple

Dinner (316 calories)
½ cup chicken fajita filling only
½ cup vegetable fajita filling only
5 tortilla chips
2 tbsp homemade salsa
20 muscadine grapes

Snack (114 calories)
1 rotisserie chicken drumstick lemon pepper

90 oz water

I usually don't have the snack, but last night for some reason I was starving!!!! The drumstick did the trick, and I had a WONDERFUL night's sleep!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Leanne~
sots mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:37 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Wednesday Check In
Breakfast: egg and sausage burrito
Lunch: roast pork with potatoes and carrots
Dinner: big hot ham and cheese
Snack: 1oz honey almonds, 1oz pretzel crackers
TOTALS: 1712 calories
EXERCISE: 145 minutes (110min 5x5 A, 35min walking)

My weight is up a little today (220), which is annoying since I finally have my calories under control, but a quick look at the calendar shows me this is probably pre TOM creep. So it will probably be about a week before I see a trend downward again. Great workout, added a bit more assistance exercises plus foam rolling afterwards.

Nina B - Hi and welcome! Congrats on finishing your degree, that's a great accomplishment. I've always wanted to try out kickboxing, as I really enjoyed the kickboxing part of the P90X program, but we don't have a place around here to do it.

Sundove - Sugar does seem to be addictive. If we could just limit ourselves I'm sure a moderate amount wouldn't be detrimental to our health, but it is hard! I'm sure you'll see great results during your experiment.

Ameline - Glad it was a lovely wedding and that you got to spend some quality time with old friends. I think you have a great attitude about the food too. You may have had a bit more than usual, but you stayed active, and I'm sure you'll be right back to plan when you get home. Great job!

FYML - I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Keep up the good work everyone!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 9/15/16 update

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well today!

Sundove - maybe we can support each other not to binge/ restrict.

Sundove and Nicoley - my dad read this book called The End of Overeating. I don't remember who the author is. If I correctly recall, the book was about the various food addictions that people have like sugar, salt, carbs and how the food industry does this on purpose so people can't get enough of their products. Kind of like the tobacco industry.

Nina - welcome! Congrats on your accomplishments and decision to get healthy. Hope you find good support here.

Diana - thanks for your support regarding my back. It is feeling much better today. Great job on your food and exercise!

Greetings and best wishes to everyone I missed! Let's stay strong and keep at it!

Daily update - WI 205.0, down .6 from yesterday. Plan for today: calories 1,178; carbs 104g; fat 41g; protein 110g; sodium 1,988 mg; sugar 41g.

Exercise - none, recovery day.

Plan is going well. I'm a staying much more consistent so far this week. Have wine group tomorrow, karaoke on Friday, planning for 2 drinks, and nephew's Bday celebration on Saturday. We're probably grilling, so should be relatively healthy.

Have a great day!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #220  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoniegirl View Post
Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well today!
Sundove - maybe we can support each other not to binge/ restrict.
Definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoniegirl View Post
Sundove and Nicoley - my dad read this book called The End of Overeating. I don't remember who the author is. If I correctly recall, the book was about the various food addictions that people have like sugar, salt, carbs and how the food industry does this on purpose so people can't get enough of their products. Kind of like the tobacco industry.
This book was an eye opener for me, btw the author is David Kessler. Since published, a lot more research has been done that seems to support his premise. (Btw he is the former head of FDA who blew the whistle on the tobacco industry for suppressing the research about harms of smoking).

The recent news was nothing surprising, really. It revealed in stark detail how the sugar industry interfered to skew research by buying off Harvard researchers, with their credibility. The smoking gun correspondence was published in the Journal of the American Medical Assoc. Despite knowing better, I still cling to remnants of that thinking, that filling out my daily intake with carbs is healthier than doing so a little more satiating fat.

Last edited by Sundove; 09-15-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

WI: 138.0
Calories: 1250
Exercise: 20 minutes stationary; 10 minutes walking

I go up and I go down. That's really all I have to say about my weight today lol.
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #222  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi all!

down another pound of water - that's 4 in 4 days I'm a pound from the weight I was in July after Vegas (I was 159 when I left for Vegas, and 161.8 when I came back) so I'm 162.4 today...not good but let me tell you, I retained water all the way back up to 166 over the weekend!

today:
b - 2 hard boiled eggs w/mustard
s - dried fava beans and split peas, string cheese
l - black refried beans with about an ounce and a half of grilled chicken breast, 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup of 0% greek yogurt, Frank's Red hot
d - will be ground turkey w/spaghetti sauce (from last night) served over zoodles
exercise: will ride 20 miles
'
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:36 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 124

Height: 5.5

Default Daily Update

Hello Everyone,

I hope that your day has been well!

B- Poppyseed bagel with light cream cheese
L- Salad with low fat thousand island dressing, corn crackers,
S- a rice krispie
D- fish tacos (seasoned fish, but not battered) on mini tortilla bread, broccoli

I am proud of my eating today.

I have also been drinking homemade iced tea. It is just chilled black tea with sliced lemon.

My goal is to do total body pilates tonight no matter what. I am in the middle of an online course as we speak that ends at 9, but I still want to get in a workout. If i start making excuses now, I will get back into my old ways.

I was thinking that we could do a daily question so that we could all get to know each other better and be reminded of our goals? What do you think? Lets try!

Daily Question- Do you have a particular event that you are getting in shape and losing weight for? Tell us about it

My Answer: I want to slim down for my graduation party in mid-October. I will not have reached my goal by then, but I will be wearing a body-con dress made out of a soft material, so if my underwear is giving me muffin top, it will definitely show! haha! I do not want to have to buy a new dress, so I am trying to fit better into that one

Talk to you all soon!
NinaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:35 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

For the question of the day - No, I don't have a particular event that I"m getting in shape for. It's just an ongoing thing for me. My younger sister just got engaged and will probably be getting married next fall, so that is an extra incentive, but I started before that popped up.

Thursday Check In
Breakfast: Big Hot Ham & Cheese
Lunch: Egg & Sausage Burrito
Dinner: Pork Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots
Snack: almonds and pretzel chips and caramel
TOTAL: 1744 calories
Exercise: 10,421 steps (so far)
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #225  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

This will be a quick post for me.

About the question of the day: I am trying to maintain my weight loss and/or lose a bit more in order to stay somewhat in a "normal" range for the rest of my life.

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream