Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-19-2016, 07:50 AM   #286  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1260 +
Weigh In: 173.4
No Change

Have a great day and start to your week!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:52 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 218.2/201.8/165

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

Quick morning check in....

Morning weigh in has me down 2.4 lbs since yesterday! I can't believe it!!

Chunkahlunkah - I must find this Teri you speak of. I always loved and enjoyed Richard Simmons. He is "da bomb" as my kids would say. He makes me smile, and gets me moving, I don't care if he is "old school"!! And I will gladly be your breakfast buddy! Which of my snacks do you like most? Rotisserie drumsticks or muscadines? I love both, but the muscadines really have too many carbs. They'll be out of season soon, thank God!

Thanks everyone for your words of support. I'm beginning to believe I CAN do this!

Leanne~

Last edited by sots mom; 09-19-2016 at 08:05 AM.
sots mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:16 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Leanne - Congrats on your loss! That's awesome!

Ameline - Thanks! My arms are still killing me today, so they better be growing...I don't want these DOMS without the gains! lol

nicoley - I totally agree about paying for food you can make at home. When I go out I want something I can't (or won't) make for myself. Good job staying on track over the weekend.

kelijpa - So sorry about your dad's illness. I hope he and his doctor get it sorted out as soon as possible.

Chunkahlunkagh - I'm actually still eating on that pork roast, lol. I hope that doesn't creep anyone out, I know some people don't like to eat leftovers more than a day or so after they are cooked, but our family rule has always been up to a week, and I've never had any problems with that. I don't know if it is just because I have a cast iron stomach or what. And yes, it is delicious! I don't think it is dehydration with me, I think it is my blood sugar. Bad things happen when mine drops, and as I don't usually eat anything past 5-6pm, by the time I wake up in the morning I need some protein in me ASAP, and I also can't workout right after I've eaten. How do you deal with your anemia? Do you take iron supplements or eat a lot of beef or something?

zoniegirl - Back on plan today! It's unfortunate when you have one of those days where just everything seems to go wrong with your diet, but you've just got to get back on the horse. And even though your sodium and fat where a bit high, I imagine it was better than just trying to starve yourself through it. I totally agree that the benefit of losing weight is greater than the annoyance of clothes shopping. But I still HATE shopping. Although, it was a lot more fun when I was wearing size 4-6. And as for the bday cookout, I call full victory. If you consciously made choices about what to eat and what not to eat, that's a victory in my book.

Diana - Everyone has busy times, we all totally understand. Take care of yourself!

Sundove - Glad your sugar/flour embargo is working out for you.

magistra - It does sound like that maybe wasn't the best breakfast for you. I know I'd be a mess with a carb heavy breakfast like that, I've got to have my protein or things go pear shaped rather quickly. Glad you felt better after the tuna and nap. I know I eat a rather higher calorie and fat diet than most of y'all, but I really like to keep some kind of egg thing in my fridge at all times. Right now it is egg burritos, but you can have boiled eggs, or baked eggs or something like that. Easy to grab on your way out the door in the mornings.

NinaB - Great job on taking control of your breakfast! And congrats on your degrees! That's an awesome accomplishment.

Syckgirlsfv - Good job on avoiding the booze! That's a great NSV!

Golda - Hurray for getting back in the gym! You go girl!

merowi - 3.2lbs is so doable. You can make it by the end of the month!

Question of the Day - My eating out strategy really depends on the restaurant and/or reason for eating out. To be honest, I'd just as soon stay home most of the time because my cooking is better, lol. So most of my eating out is a matter of camaraderie rather than choice. But generally I'll choice whatever it is I want, making a healthier changes (maybe get green beans with my burger instead of fries) then only eat half of the meal. I don't get appetizers or deserts. But sometimes I want a full on cheat meal, which for me usually involves either pizza or mexican (can't cook it right, some kind of mental block). Then I just go all out.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:26 AM   #289  

Good Morning All,
just a quick check in.....
kelijpa OMG Thank-you so much for mentioning the Yoga Camp, one pose at a time. That is perfect for me--allows time to adjust poses to my ability and really take them. Here is Day 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUJW1Kd4zik

Have a great start to your week everyone!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 9/19/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Chunk - thanks for the comments and support! For me, it is snack foods like chips, Bugles, etc.

Kelijpa - congrats to you and your mom for doing the breast cancer walk and best wishes to her for being a survivor! Hope your dad feels better soon. Glad you are back on track.

Nicoley - congrats on your success this weekend!

Ameline - thanks for the support! I can see how it would be really hard to keep a schedule when everything changes so much from day to day. Preparation is everything then, so you are ready for whatever the day brings you.

Sots mom - congrats on your loss!

Monte - thanks for comments and support! I hope your arms are feeling better today. I, too, eat leftovers for a week and my roommate is totally grossed out by that. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

WI - decided to postpone today's weigh-in until tomorrow. Will drink a lot of water today to flush out the bad stuff. Plan for today - calories 1,208, 242 under goal; carb 105 g; fat 47 g; protein 104 g; sodium 2,231; sugar 49 g.

Exercise - 45 minutes cardio; 20 minutes strength training, upper body; stretching 15 minutes. Plan to burn 250 calories, excluding strength training.

Got hungry last night at about 10 at night. Should've just gone to bed. But, had frozen yogurt (not too bad) and Bugles (very bad because I was eating out of the bag, didn't weigh it out). I think I've decided I shouldn't incorporate snack foods into my plan. Since, I've kind modified my plan to be more focused on calorie counting, I've gotten more liberal in what I can have. But, I don't think I'm ready for that kind of freedom because once I start with the snack foods, I can't stop myself. I think it is easier to just avoid them altogether, rather than have a limited amount. Also, it is one thing to take a measured amount out of a full size bag versus having a pre-packaged bag ready made for me. It takes more discipline to measure it myself. I'll take this under consideration.

Best wishes and support to everyone and all those I missed! Have a great day!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:41 PM   #291  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
Hi All Quick check in, lots of cooking to do; not even gonna try to get the cleaning in

Sots Mom I'm sure that .4 will be gone asap. You are doing great, I was a bit concerned your cals were too low--I was cautioned by a nutritionist to avoid going under 1000 cals. That's just my 2 cents fwiw. So I was glad to see you are having a little more--it's still very low cal and carb.

Day 5 of sugar/flour abstinence has gone well.
B protein shake/coffee
L Whole Foods hot bar eggs, smashed potatoes, then some ground turkey marinara.
S about 15 cashews
D broccoli, home made bone broth, sauteed cabbage, something else?
S maybe an egg white omelet
Sundove - I am trying to increase my calories, but I don't want to get carried away. With me it's always been give it my all or not try at all. Moderation is not easy for me. But I'm averaging around 1200 calories per day overall, so I figure that's not so bad. I promise to try to be conscious of my intake. Thank you for the support - I really appreciate it so much!

Leanne~
Old 09-19-2016, 06:10 PM   #292  

So today, well, I'm trying to get ahead of a deadline. Because of that I'm having coffee now, at 11PM. It generally makes my stomach upset if I don't add sugar or milk. Didn't have any milk. So a teaspoon of sugar out of plan. Still don't think it's as bad, though. Everything else was on the lower end. It's also dawning on me that in just 3.5 months I'll get to see the band Omnia live. That's what I've been dancing to yesterday, and oh my god, do I need to get in shape for the concert! I love to dance. Not that I'm particularly good at it, but people actually come to me to say they love it. It's the enthusiasm, I guess, maybe made more surprising by my weight, I don't know. And then often say the most ridiculous thing ever - that they can't dance themselves. I always tell them that if they can hear the music, it means they can dance. I mean, it's like being lead by a partner like in classic dance, and oh boy, Omnia is one heck of a demanding dance partner even in their slower pieces! And even when I ended up laying down to catch my breath at the end of a song, I'd be called again by the next song within barely half a minute. My body knows what to do. It just can't keep up for as long as I'd like (hours, ideally). Theoretically if you're improvising alone, you can adjust the speed and impact level, except if it goes right, you're not alone, it's your body dancing with the music and you're mostly a bystander. Maybe I'll sign up for sessions of intuitive dance again. I would be near fainting at the end, with muscles just giving up randomly. It was fun Didn't particularly care for their music selection, though, went only about 5 times because of that. But the crowd was something I liked about it.
Ameline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #293  

Zonie - I can't just calorie count. I'm saving that for maintenance. I must eliminate processed carbs and refined sugars - I just don't have enough self control otherwise. And remember that a lot of foods are engineered to keep you eating them, even after you should be full or satisfied - like doritoes and probably bugles too. They are really not healthy, physically or mentally! I tell myself that as I pass up the cheetoes on sale at the store! If I must have something crunchy/snacky, I pop my own popcorn.

I am trying to keep all junk food out of my house, for me and my children. We eat pretty healthily, but I've noticed that as my daughter gets older (shes's 11) she wants to eat more junk food. She was always my healthiest eater! So it's easier to just not have it around, rather than trying to portion control her - she can eat an entire bag of chips! I'm trying to look at my diet the way I look at my kid's diet. I want them to be healthy and to eat a well balance diet - I should want that equally for myself.
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #294  

Monday’s snapshot
Total 1047 calories

Breakfast (263 calories)
2 slices bacon
2 scrambled eggs

Lunch (215 calories)
5 oz chuck pot roast
½ cup boiled cabbage

Dinner (552 calories)
1.5 pork chop
4 oz roasted turnips
4 halved deviled eggs

Snack (17 Calories)
5 muscadines

Thanks to all who have offered support. Today My net carbs were 11.8.

Y'all have a GREAT night!

Leanne~
Old 09-19-2016, 08:35 PM   #295  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

I am not sure what the heck is up with this website when I'm at home, but I couldn't post yesterday and today it's vERY SLOW...

sundove wholly guacamole is organic guacamole in single serving cups...so good!

real fast, since even typing here is slow and annoying

b - light mini babybel
s - steamed organic zucchini
l - SALAD: romaine, chicken breast, cucumber, homemade balsamic vinaigrette
s - The Good Bean favas and peas
d - TBD
exercise - going to walk to the store and return a DVD - 2 mile round trip. weather is crappy but hot
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #296  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Ameline - I've become a bit evangelical about fatigue! I was diagnosed in July with anemia. Looking back, I can see that I had it for decades. Doctors would always say I was "borderline anemic" due to slightly low hemoglobin levels, and they would just leave it at that. I didn't know better to ask for more tests. A standard blood test, like the kind you get with your physical, just shows your hemoglobin. So if that's only a little below normal (like mine used to be before it really tanked), I guess doctors don't think to then order additional blood work which also shows your iron levels. The problem though is your hemoglobin may be only slightly below normal, but that still may be causing you avoidable fatigue because it's caused by low iron. So since then, I've been on the lookout for others who may be needlessly suffering from an exhaustion that can be easily solved. In your case, it sounds like there are other things going on that could definitely be the cause. But that doesn't necessarily rule out anemia though, so I would advise that during your next physical you ask that they also add in iron tests. Not that I'm a doctor or anything but I'd hate to see anyone suffering when they don't need to be. Btw, I love that you can feel music like that. That's a great talent to have!

sots mom - Hot damn, congrats on the 2.4 lb loss! That's fantastic! Teri is another poster here who mentioned that she likes to use the Richard Simmons Food Mover. Clever of you to feign ignorance, as if you two aren't in cahoots planning Richard Simmons world domination! For snacks, I love them both, but I'd have to go with the tasty drumstick more often b/c grapes make me too hungry. Which is sad, because I love them.

Monte - I'd be eating the pot roast too! My general rule is also a week. I think for me the morning misery is often blood sugar issues too. It's hard to know for sure b/c I have so much wrong with me right now. I'm not the most well put together machine. I went for another walk on Friday. It was midday after I'd already eaten and drank quite a bit, and I still got that horrible feeling and needed to sit for a while. So idk, guess it could be a few things for me. For my anemia, I was just taking supplements and eating more meat, but that wasn't working fast enough for me, so I've also started drinking blood. I know it sounds gross, but it's not so bad once you get used to it! Ok, that was a twisted lie lol. Apparently I'm quite disturbed that the idea of drinking blood made me laugh. I've just been going the supplements route. In the beginning, I also ate a ton of red meat but I couldn't keep that up. Also, I didn't really feel a difference until my dr increased my iron dosage. Food doesn't do that much in comparison. I'd need to eat 24 steaks a day to get as much iron as is in my supplement. Now I'm getting a flashback to those old Total commercials.

Zonie - Those darn snack foods!! They're what can get me too. I've avoided having my two weakness foods in the house for several months now. I want to try eating them like a side dish. I've read that's a way to try reducing the portion for the foods we're drawn to overeat - to not eat it alone but instead as part of a regular meal. I don't know if I can do that yet without wanting to finish the whole bag/box. And what would I pair chocolate bunny grahams with? A filet mignon? I like picturing it in a serving bowl on the table, along with green beans and meatloaf. "Pass the bunny grahams, please."

Syck - I love those wholly guac cups too! I have some in my fridge right now. I bought the spicy b/c my store didn't have the regular in stock. I don't like it as much. I hope the computer issue resolves itself b/c that sounds like it would be very annoying!

Have a good night, all!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-19-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #297  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Daily Question: I eat out almost daily for dinner. I usually bring my own dressing and order a salad. I have also been known to order grilled protein and steamed veggies. No sauce, starch, drinks (only water), or dessert.

MonteCristo
LOL at the tricep work being more effective.

Zoniegirl Sometimes salads can be frustrating. I have seen times that my DH's side salad was larger than my entree salad. Sometimes it makes you wonder. Great job on your workout.

Chunkahlunkah
DH didn't eat an omelette along with me. He ate the shrimp just boiled. I enjoyed the omelette so much that I asked him to thaw some more so we have have a shrimp omelette for dinner again.

Kelijpa
Great job doing the race for the cure with your Mom. Praying your Dad's health issue gets completely resolved.

Nicholey
Great job on your steps.

Ameline Yay for cooler weather. It was really hot and humid here today. Good luck with building up your cardio endurance.

Sots Mom You CAN do it! Congrats on the 2.4 pounds!

Sundove I hope you had a great start to your week.

Syckgirlsfv Are you seeing ads on the site? I was having problems with them and the pages loading. I installed ad blocker plus and it has been fine ever since.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:43 PM   #298  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

KCM's Total Body Kickbox workout 2 w/#5's
Old 09-19-2016, 11:52 PM   #299  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Diana I don't think it's ads...but when I type sometimes it's slow slow I've finished typing a word and it isn't showing on the screen yet!

Okay! Dinner - turkey breast patty, madras lentils, reduced fat swiss, asparagus

we walked 2 miles round trip to the store to return a Redbox movie

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 09-19-2016 at 11:52 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:53 PM   #300  

Hi all. Sorry, not been around. laying very low lately. Hope everyone is doing okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
I am not sure what the heck is up with this website when I'm at home, but I couldn't post yesterday and today it's vERY SLOW...
Yes in recent months I too had the same challenge at 3FC.. I have thought its because the new video ( flash) ads on the side. I too will have to get ad blocker if I want to post here. But I always worry about spyware/malware attached to that stuff. So I have resisted getting it. I remember BelovedWarrior talking about it months ago. And now Diana.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday.

Last edited by flower123; 09-20-2016 at 12:01 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote