Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-21-2016, 12:42 AM   #316  

Hey Everyone, Wow I am so far behind, not in reading, just replying to the lovely supportive comments-- Thank-you!

Diana Thanks Back atcha re don't work too hard! It always feels like I am working harder in fall/winter when the days are shorter.

kelijpa I'm glad your Dad & Mom are feeling better and have a plan to get more precise diagnosis. I can imagine how that might occupy your worry center. Sending prayers Congrats on the drop. There is nothing like real garden-fresh tomatoes.

Chunklunkah Congrats on the 15!!!

Monte Cristo What I wouldn't give for some of your muscle!

Nicoley I bow to you for steering your kids to healthier foods. It's scary how those foods trick our brains into thinking we're hungry. If only we were all as well informed as the food industry about how our food-brains work. Keeping junk food out of my home is an absolute for me--if it's there it will call out to me. If it's not there, I'm much more likely to eat well.

Amaline I got winded just reading about your dancing. It sounds totally joyful.

Zoniegirl Thanks for the good wishes re my hip. Congrats on the down lbs!!! WTG. I find that the less snacking I do, the less hunger I feel.

Magistra Wow those upcoming weekend walks sound great!!! Can you feel the toning from the brisk walks? Um, yeah!!! This time of yr in Calif is so beautiful.

Flower It's soooo good to see Glenda's visage pop up and read ya!

BelovedWarrior Hope things are falling into place for your travel.

Sot's Mom, Syckgirlsfv, NinaB & Everyone I missed!

For some reason I have not a huge appetite today. 1000 calories. I can even read about Syckgirlsfv's Wholly Guac single and not salivate. I'm surprised at how fast the cravings roller coaster seems to have subsided for the time being--just a week. Staying vigilant!

Last edited by Sundove; 09-21-2016 at 12:50 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:10 AM   #317  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Did legs up the wall stretch and lotus stretch, as I'm typing I realize I didn't do my arms, I do a stretch with the scarf that is supposed to open the chest, bringing both arms to the shoulders while holding the scarf, then one up and one down, I forget where I learned that one, an ancient fitness magazine probably.

Diana that was funny, I had a moment myself I don't have those issues on the iPad, it only shows the static ads, so I get to see Oprah and Ellen crying quite often.

Ok arms are done.

Magistra I drink coffee and tea in the morning I have a travel cup of coffee on the way to work then at work I make a travel cup of decaf tea, I was drinking just the peppermint but have a bunch of leftover flavored teas i'm using up. It really helps me get my water in doing that.

Chunkalunkah thanks for the info on anemia, I have to eat spinach for a week before giving blood, especially if it's around TTOM. When I went to the doctor I asked them to check my iron, it was 14 something, in the normal range. I have been taking a multi, just the recommended dose.

Well, as always, I need to get going and finish getting ready for work.

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:49 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana: I loved that movie!!!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:16 AM   #319  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
Chunkalunkah thanks for the info on anemia, I have to eat spinach for a week before giving blood, especially if it's around TTOM. When I went to the doctor I asked them to check my iron, it was 14 something, in the normal range. I have been taking a multi, just the recommended dose.
kelijpa - Do you know if 14 was your hemoglobin or your ferritin level (iron)? Hemoglobin is what's tested in a complete blood count. Ferritin isn't typically tested unless a doctor suspects an iron deficiency or the patient specifically asks for that test. One way to think about it is a hemoglobin test is the gateway to then seeing if a ferritin test is needed. I ask because if 14 was actually your ferritin, you're on the very low end of normal/borderline deficient. If it was your hemoglobin, then you're all good and very well oxygenated.

Sundove - Thanks! I only have about 2 more sets of 15 to go. It seems more doable when I think in those terms.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-21-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:17 AM   #320  

9/20/16

Weight - 142.2
Calories - 1458
Exercise - OrangeTheory and 13990 steps

I went a little off the rails yesterday - got chicken fingers and fries for the kids after lacrosse practice and ended up eating a bunch of fries. Total stress eating - my night had been hectic, argument with my husband, daughter bombed a math test. As I was looking for something sweet after, I was grateful I have purged the house of junk! There was literally nothing I wanted to eat - no cookies/ice cream/candy.

I'm a little disappointed because I wasn't hungry, and the food I ate was not healthy and not particularly delicious. If I splurge, it should be a conscious decision. So I have some work to do on the mental side.

Good luck to everyone today!
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:01 AM   #321  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 172.6
Up: .2

Have a great day
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:34 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

So this is definitely one of those first world problems, but I just updated my phone to iOS10 the other day, and since then my phone alarm (which is the only one I use) has been acting all wonky. First it wouldn't play my wake up song, which is massively annoying because I've been waking up to it for years (Wake Up Call by Maroon 5). Then yesterday it just didn't go off at all, but lucky for me, I just happened to wake up at 5:45 anyway so I did make it in to work. Let me tell you, it is hard to get a good night sleep when you are paranoid that your alarm won't go off. Slept horribly last night, and now I'm so tired I could just go to sleep right on my keyboard. The only comfort is that I only have to stay until 11am 'cause I have a 1/2 day today, so maybe I'll get in a nap before my lifting session this afternoon.

Tuesday Check In
Breakfast - egg & sausage burrito
Lunch - pork pot roast with potatoes and carrots
Dinner - sun dried tomato and basil flat bread crisps & cream cheese
Snack - protein shake, sun chips, pb cup
TOTALS: 1757 calories, 130g carb, 86g fat, 113g protein (goal: 131/78/131)
EXERCISE: 10,260 steps

Diana - The ad blocker is marvelous! Thank you for suggesting it.

Sundove - It's all fun and games with muscles until you can't fit into pants anymore. I already lean towards having larger legs/smaller waist than "average" which makes finding pants that fit difficult. Now with my squat heavy workouts I better start looking for a tailor, 'cause I foresee either a lot of yoga pants, or else custom jeans. lol

magistra - Great job on getting up to a mile already! You'll have that 2 miles in no time, it's the first mile that is the most difficult. Or is that the first million? That is interesting about the tea vs coffee thing. I wonder what the difference is?

Chunkahlunkah - Congrats on your new milestone! 15 pounds is great!

Hi to everyone! Keep up the good work! We can do it!

Last edited by MonteCristo; 09-21-2016 at 08:34 AM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:18 AM   #323  

MonteCristo Finding pants that fit is one of my least favorite activities. I tend to have large thighs, too. Once I learned some brands, it saved some time in fitting rooms. As you get closer to your goal, it might surprise you how your weight redistributes. At my last few lbs, I suddenly noticed straight slender thighs. It didn't last, but it did show me the possibilities in any case, yoga pants are nice! Are you getting any ideas or info about what you will wear at your sister's wedding?
Old 09-21-2016, 09:40 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
MonteCristo Finding pants that fit is one of my least favorite activities. I tend to have large thighs, too. Once I learned some brands, it saved some time in fitting rooms. As you get closer to your goal, it might surprise you how your weight redistributes. At my last few lbs, I suddenly noticed straight slender thighs. It didn't last, but it did show me the possibilities in any case, yoga pants are nice! Are you getting any ideas or info about what you will wear at your sister's wedding?
I don't really expect my weight to redistribute that much. No idea what I'll be wearing at her wedding. I hate dressing up so much, I haven't really given it any thought. With it being in India, and with my sister's obsession with Indian culture I wouldn't be surprised if she wants me to wear a saree, but I really don't know. I actually like the anarkali suits which are pretty common for women to wear as guests at India weddings, so maybe I'll go that route. I just need to get myself in the shape of my life, and then I can wear pretty much anything and look ok. That's the plan so far. She was either planning the wedding for before February or after October (cause it is just too hot in the middle) and since she hasn't made any progress yet, it looks like it will be Fall/Winter 2017, so I have lots and lots of time. I plan to lose 50-70lbs by then, so really no point shopping too much yet.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 09-21-2016 at 09:45 AM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 124

Height: 5.5

Default Truth be told....

Well, I haven't posted in a few days because frankly, I felt like quitting. I started strong, but after a few days of poor choices and no exercise I felt like if i picked back up it would be like starting all over again.

BUT I AM BACK. I will not lose sight of wanting to lose weight just because I made some mistakes. I will continue to commit to this support forum, and to make choices that will help me reach my goals.

I ate a healthy breakfast of greek yogurt and an apple, and I am currently eating crackers and low fat cheese. I have healthy plans for lunch and I WILL do pilates tonight.

I an not giving up on myself this time.
NinaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #326  

NinaB Good to see you back. That perseverance will get you to your goal.

MonteCristo I like your words "get myself in the shape of my life."
I just looked up Anarkali suit. I thought it would look like a suit, but it resembles a fairy tale ball room gown! Looks more comfortable than a sari.

Last edited by Sundove; 09-21-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #327  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaB View Post
Well, I haven't posted in a few days because frankly, I felt like quitting. I started strong, but after a few days of poor choices and no exercise I felt like if i picked back up it would be like starting all over again.

BUT I AM BACK. I will not lose sight of wanting to lose weight just because I made some mistakes. I will continue to commit to this support forum, and to make choices that will help me reach my goals.

I ate a healthy breakfast of greek yogurt and an apple, and I am currently eating crackers and low fat cheese. I have healthy plans for lunch and I WILL do pilates tonight.

I an not giving up on myself this time.
Yay Nina! It helps me to remember - forward progress is not linear. It is peaks and valleys - the important thing is to keep focused on the goal. Every day is a new day.
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:16 PM   #328  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 9/21/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today. Just a short post before I head out for the day.

I deviated from yesterday's plan. Calories 1710, 510 over goal. Had the late night snack attack AGAIN. I think my actions have shown that I'm not far enough along to manage myself around snack foods. Can't seem to control myself. As the saying goes...insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. So, I'm going to do something different. Actually, it is what I was doing several months ago when I was having good success. That is, to clear out the cupboards of non-plan foods. As many of you have noted, I've also noticed that all of these snack foods have only increased my hunger. Furthermore, this binging has set up the binge/restrict cycle AGAIN. I'm re-committing to consistency. In modifying my plan, I've veered too far off course. Need to get back to the basics of what was working for me previously.

I don't think I'm going to make my September goal of 8 pounds a month, but I can still do 5, I think. I've decided I'm only going to weigh-in on Mondays.

Today's plan - calories 1,194; carb 80; fat 57, protein 101, sodium 1,664; sugar 33.

Exercise - 45 minutes cardio, plan to burn 250 calories. 20 minutes strength training, lower body, 15 minutes stretching.

Thank you, everyone, for your support! Have a great day!

Last edited by Zoniegirl; 09-21-2016 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Grammar
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:16 PM   #329  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

So about 10 days ago, I decided to get more consistent with my calories. My plan was to eat in the 1100s - 1300s. At that time, I'd estimated that I'd probably been eating in the 1300s - 1400s most days.

I realize I was off with that estimate! I've had trouble reaching my goal range. I'm usually full for the day well before 1100 and don't want to eat (but I make myself for the sake of this consistency project). So I was probably eating in the 900s - 1000s much more often than I realized, since that's the point where my stomach says "no more." I thought those very low calorie days were the exception, but I think they had become my norm. Makes sense though, since I was basically comatose for a couple months. My killer sloth impression didn't require many calories.

Now that I'm paying more attention, I've noticed that my bigger drops happened the day after I ate on the high end of my calorie range. Meanwhile, I stayed the same or even went up after a very low calorie day. I don't know if this...

~ Is just a coincidence.

~ Shows that weight isn't directly and tightly related to the calories we'd eaten the prior day (although it is impacted by foods that day which cause water retention, etc).

~ Shows that my body finds it easier to let go of weight when it gets fed at its sweet spot. If this is the case, then it looks like at this time my body likes to drop weight when I eat 1250-1350 calories, and it doesn't let go as easily when I eat below that.

I wonder if I'd lose at the same rate if I consistently ate 1250-1350 calories, or if it takes the days around 1100 calories being part of the mix to give me that rate.

Thank you for letting me ramble about my MFP research findings and musings.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-21-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:26 PM   #330  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hey all

still so busy at work it's ridiculous

I don't think I posted yesterday so to summarize: weight - 161.4 B - mini babybel light L - refried black beans, chicken breast, asparagus S - string cheese, favas and peas D - ground turkey, spaghetti sauce, zoodles Late snack - mixed nuts

I was up to 161.8 today! The scale is going in the wrong direction and I have NOT cheated once during SBD phase 1! I'm one week in to it - I think maybe the beans caused it so we'll see what happens tomorrow on the scale. here's today so far:

b - hard boiled egg, chicken spinach provolone sausage
s - favas and peas, mini babybel light
l - leftover ground turkey, spaghetti sauce, zoodles
d - tbd (planning an omaha steak burger patty and steamed broccoli)
exercise - tbd but planning a bike ride

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 09-21-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote