Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 05:48 AM   #76  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Sorry to be MIA, not sure where the first week of August went! Gearing up to go back to WW for awhile, I'm a lifetime member, so it will be a little cheaper for me to go, hoping some education and a different accountability will help. I can't afford to gain anymore and can't seem to get on a losing streak.

Diana sorry to hear about the flair up and best of luck with the new laptop.

Of course, I am woefully behind on this thread. Hope everyone is doing well, best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-08-2016 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:12 AM   #77  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1

Calories for yesterday: 1400 +
Weigh In: 171
No Change

FYML Great job on your day.

Chunkahlunkah
Congrats on the new low!

Kelijpa It's good to see you check-in. Good luck with WW.

Have a great day and start to your week!
Old 08-08-2016, 08:49 AM   #78  

Good Morning!

Chunkalunkah WTG with getting the hike in--yes, I would call it a hike I enjoyed reading your eagerness to get back to working out. I'm glad you are feeling so much better. Remember the runing club motto, if needed, "start slow & taper off".

Today I braved the scale and am relieved to find it on the low side of my high end, if that makes sense. Subtracting the coffee & water I drank, my estimate is just under 169. Anything under 165 will make me very happy. I'm going to play around with trimming calories ever so slightly and adding a few lower carb days. I like the feeling of lower carb, up until my sleep & mood go south. It can be a balancing act.

Have a good week everyone!

Last edited by Sundove; 08-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

The weekend went well for me. Stayed under my net carbs and calories, plus I managed to accomplish a ton of stuff with my side job (rental properties). No exercise, but I moved a lot. I was down another pound from yesterday, but I really didn't eat dinner last night, so I'm thinking it is more of an empty stomach kind of thing, plus I'm starting up weight lifting again tonight and that usually ups me a pound or two for a week. No sense changing my ticker down for just one day!

Sundove - So glad to found a way to quash your cravings! It certainly makes things easier if you don't have visions of the forbidden running through your head!

Misti - Best of luck and a speedy recovery from your surgery!

Nicholsfamily1987 - Congrats on your healthy weekend! I know I struggle more on the weekends because I think I should just relax and not do anything which ends up meaning I don't plan my meals so just grab whatever, and half the time I don't exercise either.

Diana - Hi to you too! Good job on your meal plan too it looks very good.

FYML - Your chili sounds delicious. I've been thinking about making some, but I really feel like chili needs beans, and I'm not supposed to have any yet.

Chunkahlunkah - Congrats on your new low!

kelijpa - Hi! Good luck with WW!
Old 08-08-2016, 09:22 AM   #80  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning – all!

WOW! I am in shock … Yesterday I ate conservatively. I fought to keep my calories in the 1400 range… and I did WELL!! 1453 BUT THEN – the kind neighbor came over, about 7:30 pm, with FRESH caught and cooked perch! He caught it and she cooked it. A plate of 1.5 breaded deep fried filets, french fries, tartar sauce, rye bread with butter … over 1013 calories! I was going to put it aside for another day – but it was fresh and hot … I thought – OH WELL! There’s always tomorrow, it’s not like I do this every day. So, I ate it – ALL!!

As usual, the first bite was the best (should have left it at that, but didn’t want to waste their kindness or labor they’d put in by catching, cleaning, and cooking – when someone in their family could have eaten that had they not brought it to me)… and, I was stuffed – the most belly bloated I’d been in a long long time – not a comfortable feeling.

The GOOD NEWS?? I only went up .4 pounds. God is Good! I really need to know and prepare what to do in the future; have a game plan if that happens again. I didn’t want to reject their gift – Any thoughts/suggestions??

So, I’m up and about this AM. Have my “list” of things to accomplish on my “stay-cation” and I am going to eat OP --- 1200 or less calories!

MonteCristo – thank you for the PM … and the explanation! VERY interesting to know the science behind intake and activity.

Nichols – EXCELLENT!! GREAT JOB on staying OP this weekend!!

Chunkalunkah– thank you for the computer info – glad to hear you got in a little hiking this weekend. I hope you get a chance to spend time on the treadmill

WOW Diana – 25 year life on recliners … it pays, sometimes, to get GOOD stuff as it lasts a lot longer. Think about it … if you paid $1000 a chair that’s only $40 a year! That is amazing!! What’s up with the AC? I sense you folks work on cars … so, I’m sure you’ve heard about that can of stuff you can use for AC. I know my mechanic said “he couldn’t help me with it” so I’m guessing it’s something that licensed shops can’t help with … did you get the AC fixed? Sounds like you did a great job on getting your computer, printer, and other paraphernalia connected. I’d never heard of Edge before. I hope you caught up the backlog. How’s the flare-up doing?? Feeling better??

Sundove – thank you for kudos on being more connected & knees. No idea where I’ll move if duplex sells. I’m considering being a vagabond for a while. How exciting to re-invent yourself and become a marine biologist!! I love it when people LIVE their life! You are a rare jewel – Thanks for the info re the murder mystery author. You have an Arizona trip in a few weeks?? Fun or business?

FYML – GREAT WI!! : I know you said that you “fell off the wagon” a few times --- however, I’ve been surprised with my biggest loss when I had a higher calorie day (ex: 1000 or less for 2 weeks … then a 1500 day and lost 2 pounds – I weigh daily). You are doing a fantastic job – it HAS to go! ENJOY your week. Your chili sounds WONDERFUL! Do you have a recipe??

CoolMom – I hear you about backing off TV & computer… I’m not sure when that will be for me … I’m watching the Jesse Stone series presently. I hope you followed through with the pack meals from home. 3 hour drive (RT) then 3 hours hanging out … getting any good books read during your hanging out time??

Sundove – I’m not sure I’m in diet-fatigue or bored with my food. I’ve never been one to cook much for myself and I don’t eat much veggies … although I love fresh tomatos and had my first one of the year – YUM YUM! Gonna get MORE! I’d say it’s more lazy and sloppy. I need to get back in the MENTAL game! Thankfully – today is a NEW DAY! Thanks for the WPD and “sheltering in place” explanation.

Hey Misti – it will go well! AND!! It will be worth it. Keep in touch so we can keep you in our thoughts and prayers! HUGS … and praying! 11 days and counting!

Kelijpa great to see you checking in … are you enjoying your summer? Any concerts in the near future? on WW!!

Missing Flower and ciecie … if you’re reading – I hope you are both well!!

Okay – now … on with my day of tossing and organizing … and EATING WELL!! And answering my 5 text msgs that have been dinging as I've been writing this (ARGH!!)

Old 08-08-2016, 11:44 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

WI: 137.4
GW:125.0
Exercise: 30 minutes on stationary; hoping to get a mile on
Calories: 1200

Ready for the day! Ready to meet my GW. Beach Trip booked for October so I hope to hit by the end.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:37 PM   #82  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Mornin'

Weight 163

I made a spaghetti squash crust veggie quiche and planning to also make some stuffed bell peppers...both recipes apparently pack nicely for lunches out . Some fruit on the side. I'll try not to think about the pho place I saw but may try and work it in one of these driving trip days.

Beloved, I would have eaten the plate of food too. Wow! Awesome neighbors. You asked about reading during my 3 hour wait, and I have been bringing my book. Instead, I found myself walking the park and shopping records at the thrift shop. I found an unopened Nat King Cole album from 1968. It still had its recommended sale price of $1.57. I felt kinda bad taking it home and tearing off the plastic and throwing it on the player.

Diana, you are so good at planning ahead for restaurant meals. I had a salmon fillet salad that was so good. It had a balsamic vinegar dressing but I'm sure it was still a days worth of calories. I'll try and find it online because it would be awesome to have it again.

Eta: of course I can't find the nutritional information. Boo!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 08-08-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #83  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

CoolMom --- OH!!! Nat King Cole ... I love his music! I can only image what a virgin album sounded like. Mmmmm it doesn't get much better than that! WTG! BTW - is there a recipe for that quiche??

Sundove --- Thanks for telling me about JA Jance ... the library has ebooks and e-audiobooks. The "Brady" series first book was available, so I've been listening to it all day as I cleaned, sorted, swept, and tossed --- oh, and napped THANKS ... much easier to listen to than James Patterson.

On track so far today AND ... I get to take a friend to the doctor in Milwaukee next week -- so you know what that means??? TRADER JOE'S

Tonight I had the Roasted Chicken Patty (thank you whoever told me to get those -- I think it may have been Syckgirl). Tasted scrumptious.

B (214): Coconut Milk Unsweetened Organic, Coffee, Casein Protein Powder, Peach, Heavy Whipping Cream
L (531): TJ Salmon & Vegetable Croquettes, Midget Dill Pickles, Brussel Sprouts, Mayo
S (427): TJ Roasted Chicken patty, TJ Pita Bread, Ranch Dressing, Black Olives
Sn (100): JG 100 Calorie Healthy Popcorn
Total - 1270
F 47.3g
C 89.3g (sugar 22.8g)
P 64.4g
My assessment? Carbs too high
OH - wait the peach was 21.4g carbs / 18.8g sugar - thus I had 4g sugar … that's pretty good .

ALL in ALL --- great day!

OH DRATS!! I just remembered I had 1/2 piece of key lime cheesecake (from the freezer). That changes total calories to 1445 ... the only saving grace is --- as we all know, I may see a weight loss tomorrow as that seems to be what happens when I have cheesecake I guess we'll see ---

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 08-08-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #84  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

Diana I dislike Edge, too, our IT guy at work said he uses Internet Explorer, it's still there, so I use that, took me awhile to realize I needed to make it my default browser, now it's good. DH uses Chrome.

BelovedWarrior thanks, feels good to check in, we're planning on going to see a bluegrass band Sunday, The Gibson Brothers, hopefully it'll work out. Supposed to get hot again. You're doing great!

Magistra saw your post about Stranger Things, we liked it, being kids (well maybe a little older than those kids lol) during the 80s, brought back lots of memories. I was going to have DH look up the show Coolmom suggested, but I already can't remember the name of it I read it this morning, that was eons ago
Old 08-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Misti, I pray your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery. Will be thinking of you....
Old 08-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Sudove You are very close. It should only take a little tweaking or extra time. I agree, it's a balancing act. I would probably lose a bit better if I lowered my overall carbs, but I don't know that I can keep it up.

MonteCristo
Good luck with the weight lifting.

Belovedwarrior Sounds like you enjoyed the treat in moderation. Hopefully these Lazy-Boys will last as long as the last ones. I'm not recovering from the flare up very quickly this time. In fact, I am having the stomach pain as I type this. (I have been doing better with taking the meds as soon as I get that twinge of pain. It seems to make it where the pain doesn't get as bad as it used to) I have been waking with the swollen face and tonight my face started swelling enough for DH to notice. I don't usually have back to back flares like that. Hopefully it will start clearing up soon. Not much I can do about it. DH put some dye in the A/C system. It hasn't shown a leak, yet. Or maybe he hasn't looked for it.

Nicholsfamily Which beach are you going for vacation?

CoolMom
You can always dissect the salad and look the ingredients up individually. I usually say the salad veggies are 50-75, depending on the size. The salmon fillet is probably 4-6 ounces. You can gauge that by the look. If you have a cooler, you can take your lo-cal dressing with you. I have these little ice packs that comes in DH's medicine that I use in a bowl to keep the dressing cool.

Kelijpa When will you go to your WW meeting? Were you able to get any exercise in tonight?

Wannabehealthy
Hi

Waving HI all around!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-08-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #87  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)

Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Salad w/grilled chicken w/BHF's ranch

Exercise:
Michelle Dozois Walk Your Way Slim
Old 08-08-2016, 09:53 PM   #88  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I packed my dinner and am sitting in my parked car while it rains...ready to read my book. Major cravings for beer and food are hitting me. I will survive! Lol

Beloved, the quiche recipe was part of a low carb menu list. http://ifoodreal.com/kale-and-mushro...quiche-recipe/

Kelijpa, the show I just finished and LOVED is called Orphan Black. It's available to watch on Amazon Prime if you have it. A Canadian Sci-fi about human clones. The girl who plays all the different clones does an amazing job.

Diana, good reminder to bring my own salad dressing. The salmon is so good! Bigger than my hand. So probably a lot.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:07 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Default Spaghetti Squash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
I packed my dinner and am sitting in my parked car while it rains...ready to read my book. Major cravings for beer and food are hitting me. I will survive! Lol

Beloved, the quiche recipe was part of a low carb menu list. http://ifoodreal.com/kale-and-mushro...quiche-recipe/

Kelijpa, the show I just finished and LOVED is called Orphan Black. It's available to watch on Amazon Prime if you have it. A Canadian Sci-fi about human clones. The girl who plays all the different clones does an amazing job.

Diana, good reminder to bring my own salad dressing. The salmon is so good! Bigger than my hand. So probably a lot.
Thank you for the recipe. I love spaghetti squash!
Old 08-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #90  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default August 8th

Today was another good day. I ate clean and healthy for a total of 1,016. I did a total body cardio workout then went on the treadmill for 10 mins. I really had to push through it as I was exhausted today!! On the bright side, I made peanut butter ice cream out of shake-ology today and it was amazing!

BW: I don't have a chilli recipe as I never made it before and was just throwing in random items lol but it is SO good!

1 lb ground turkey
1 medium onion
4 oz tomato paste
1 can chopped garlic tomatos
1-2 tbls of pickled garlic, chopped
1 can of corn (drained)
1/4 cup of beef broth
1 tsp oregano leaves
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chilli powder
1 can of baked beans

*Cook the turkey half way then add onion once these are cooked, add everything else and use the spices to taste of course!

Last edited by FYML; 08-08-2016 at 11:19 PM.
Closed Thread