Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 12:36 AM   #16  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 294/258.8/175 (10/29/16 - 229)

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome to AUGUST!! This is going to the BEST month!!
Hope all are well … Things are going well for me. Tomorrow I will have a few things to do outside the home. I hope to get a few more boxes cleaned out in the garage. It’s supposed to be quite warm again tomorrow.

CoolMom
Quote:
I tested out Stranger Things that is getting attention on Netflix...not sure yet if it's for me.
I’ve never heard of this program. I’m not sure what you like … but have you ever watched “Suits?” If you should decide to give it a try start with Season 1 Magistra – Thanks re the vacation idea. I am planning to be home more this week and completely next week … I am going to say I’m on Vacation!! I’m glad you found a BMI calculator. re two men on your property … courageous you on chasing them off. Ciecie – Thinking of your dad and hoping PT is going well. Wow you truly had a busy home today Chunkahlunkah – how exciting that you got a bunch of stuff purged. Diana – Thanks for the info re the ad blocker (Sundove too). I put it on my computer … awesome! Sorry to hear about your home laptop! Sundove – I hope you enjoyed your day at the coast. AND … another kudos in taking care of yourself by saying “no.” FYML – I hope you are feeling more motivated. You are doing a great job!! One of the keys … you mentioned in your post “remember WHY I am doing this!” keep on keeping on! Syckgirlsfv – I hope you feel 100% soon. Inkrid – thank you for the Will Power Dust and water reminder Sassypants - We have the same goal for the end of August. You had a good July … not so much for me. It looks like you might pass me up … you go girl!! Nichols – sounds like a busy schedule – as usual. Enjoy and remember to breathe

CocoBikiniBod, ByebyeKitty, and MonteCristo

hope you are well Flower!

Enjoy your day!
Old 08-02-2016, 08:33 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Well, Monday didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I didn't eat breakfast or lunch because I wasn't at all hungry (because of my pig out over the weekend). Then I had to do a bunch of work on my properties after I got of work and by the time I got home I was exhausted. So I didn't end up working out, didn't go to the grocery store and restock my low carb supplies for the week, and I ate the potato chips that I foolishly forgot to throw out on Sunday.

At least I walked for 26 minutes during my lunch break. Oh, and I drank a ton of water.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 08-02-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #18  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Hi, guys! I'm old here but I sort of jump in and out, both in this thread and the forum in general. In the past 3 years, I've had this habit where I reach a low enough weight which I feel I can maintain easily, I stop, a few months later a relative dies and I gain. Then I lose again, another relative dies, etc. This year, it was two uncles. I gained about 10 lbs. I have 4 lbs left to lose the regain but I might actually keep going once I've gotten there. I don't know. I'm more interested in exercise right now but with 3 lbs left to lose, I feel like I've just gotten started, so I might just keep going for that elusive 130 that I'm not really interested in reaching. :P

Breakfast: I skip it most days and today I was going to go to a restaurant, so nothing.
Lunch: Baked, marinated anchovies, Greek potato salad (boiled potatoes, grated carrots, leaks, onion, parsley), beet salad (that was just beats, yogurt and a couple of walnuts).
Dinner: same as lunch, I took leftovers home. There was no way I was eating all of it, even though the potato salad and the beet salad were pretty small.

Have a great month, everyone!
Old 08-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #19  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/186.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I had one of those angioedema flare ups where it causes the stomach cramping last night. Bad stuff but feeling better today.

As you know, I am having computer issues. I went to Best Buy last night and purchased a new one. I want them to set everything up. They are busy so it will be a week or so before they come out. Until then, my posts will be brief and no personals.

Continuing to wish everyone the very best.

Yesterday:
Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

TF Fire 30

This morning:
Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 171
Down: .2

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1
Old 08-02-2016, 09:47 PM   #20  
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 155+/Fluffy/Not Fluffy

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone, glad to see everyone is still here after my temporary break. I had quite a month to say the least... I stopped going to the gym/exercising completely because I was having a hard time eating from extreme stress and lost 10p in a matter of only a few weeks. I'm down to around 142-143p. So, I look great but that's not the way I wanted to lost it. Anyway, I started back at the gym Saturday and so far so good. I'm determined to keep this weight loss so at least I got something good out of a bad situation.

Don't want to get into details, I'll be fine, just wanted to touch base and jump back in the 3FC saddle.

ETA: Did anyone ever hear from Larry?

Last edited by novangel; 08-02-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:08 PM   #21  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default August 2nd

Today was a very good day. I worked my normal shift and got off at 3:00 so I was on my normal routine. I ate healthy, worked out (beachbodys upper body fix + my treadmill), and I exceeded my 10,000 steps. I ate clean and healthy for a total of 988 calories.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:31 AM   #22  
There's always tomorrow!

S/C/G: 196/172.0/145

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

I have been eating off my plan yesterday and today. We have a lot of prepared Costco food in the fridge right now and unfortunately I feel obliged to eat it so that I don’t have to throw out anything. Yesterday I ate a lot of carbs, and then I fell asleep right after dinner so I didn’t go for my walk.

Today, I again ate too many carbs and not enough veggies. Also, I had a mango popsicle after dinner, which was very tasty and refreshing in this heat. But after I ate it, I felt too full to go walking. So I didn’t go walking today either.

I might follow this course of poor choices for a few days before I get back to my healthy eating choices. My moods are jumping all over the place and I am eating according to how I feel, which makes it difficult to stay on plan. So, I am going to focus on exercise. That seems easier than worrying about what I am eating.

B: cheese bagel w/butter, coffee w/vanilla cream
L: crescent roll w/Costco chicken salad
D: spicy ramen w/egg, tofu, and veggies
D: mango popsicle

I will get back to walking tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:49 AM   #23  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 294/258.8/175 (10/29/16 - 229)

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Novangel - glad to see you peek back in on us Nothing from Larry. I googled the newspaper and didn't see anything with his name.

Magistra - be kind to yourself. Give yourself permission to do what is needed for this moment.

Diana - blasted flare-up! I hope it doesn't last long.

FYML - glad you are back on track.

Hey ?? Where's Misti been lately??

Doing good. Ate low calories today and was down 2.2 this AM.
BUSY BUSY BUSY day tomorrow. Start out the door at 7am and hope to be home by 5pm.

ENJOY and stay cool and hydrated.

-Gail
Old 08-03-2016, 02:12 AM   #24  

Kind of checking in late. I spent the evening with my friend and had some Chinese food. Afterwards we went to starbucks where I had a medium sized caramel machiato (espresso, milk and lots of caramel ) and a cake pop. Starbucks is my weakness lol. Will make healthier choices for the rest of the week.

I did a 16 minute fitness blender workout as well as day one of a squat challenge.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:36 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Tuesday definitely went better than Monday. Managed to get my fridge cleaned out and restocked with low carb goodness, and I made a batch of burgoo to eat this week. I didn't eat much though, because I didn't get to the store until the late afternoon so skipped breakfast, had a cheesestick at lunch, and then had fried bologna and scrambled eggs for dinner. Just 850 calories and about 5nc. Only exercise was a 26 minute walk during my lunch break.

I have dinner/game night plans tonight, but I'm going to try and get in a StrongLifts workout between work and dinner. It'll be tight, but I just might be able to squeeze it in. I've been too tired to workout, because I haven't been working out. Sort of a vicious cycle. But if I don't get back in it soon I'm gonna be so sore!

Last edited by MonteCristo; 08-03-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:43 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Good Morning
Welcome back, novangel!! So glad you peeked in here. Yeah for the 10 pound loss!

I was wondering about Misti as well...I believe her surgery is this month. For some reason I was thinking it was later in the month, though. I'm sure she's doing lots of swimming as we've had beautiful weather in the Pacific Northwest..minus yesterday. It was odd...we had a great downpour at my house, but at DH's work, 20 miles away - it was dry as a bone.

DH has an extra vacation day to use, so we decided to throw together a last minute garage sale this weekend. (Well, just Friday and Saturday) We have SO MUCH JUNK!! I am such a sentimental person, especially going thru things. "Oh, remember when..." and then put it aside. Well, sadly not much gets tossed around here. I am working today, and it will be a long day (work wise) I'm hoping to be home about 8:30 tonight. Tomorrow is my "gotta get focused" day/night as the sale is the next day. I have an ebay business that was doing really well. It kind of got put on the back burner as I'm busy with my regular job and kids, and well...LIFE! Now I've partnered with another company, so that is taking up a lot of time. Always an excuse...anyway, my background is fashion, so my ebay business was clothing. I would buy things and resell, and also put complete outfits together and sell them for profit. I actually did really well with it..My question I'm throwing out to you is this: At a garage sale, how much would you pay for clothing? A lot of the pieces are new, with tags still attached. Last time we had a garage sale, I pulled some pieces out and sold them for $3 each. I did pretty well with that. Maybe I'll just do that again.

I've done well this week as far as eating...I had to run to Target yesterday afternoon, and it turned into a family trip. I had planned to make pork chops for dinner when we got home. We ended up going to Jersey Mike's for dinner. Has anyone ever eaten there? It is wonderful!! It's like a classier Subway, and you can earn points with your purchase. Last night we got one of our sandwiches free I had my sandwich made as a salad, so was still on plan. However, when we got home, I opened up 2 bags of Hershey kisses to put into some sample bags I was making up. Why oh why did I buy 2 bags of Hershey kisses? The scale was nice to me - ONE MORE POUND UNTIL I'M AT 50 POUNDS!!!!

Have a great day, everyone I may not check in until next week with work and the garage sale going on. (Unless I do reach the 50 pound mark...then just open up your windows and you'll probably hear me screaming all the was from Washington State
Old 08-03-2016, 10:19 AM   #27  

Diana I hope your flare up is a short one. Good luck with the new computer! Kind of like getting a new pet, with a getting acquainted period. Hopefully yours is a friendly one

Magistra I like the way you acknowledge & accept what's going on with your mind/body/appetite. Do you think your moods are related to change in daylight? I'm super sensitive to that, and I'm reacting to dark mornings, shorter evenings. This year my strategy is to eat carbs rather than restrict them, but not fast carbs.

FYML WTG! Sounds like you made good use of that routine work day to be on track.

BW Nice loss! Good for you for staying the course.

Today is day off & a time regroup. Mon & Tues are 12 hr work days. Today will be pilates with a very strict instructor as my usual one is out. I could have skipped the appt but decided to go and get worked really hard. The teachers here seem to be former dancers who were injured. I find them a little intimidating. Goes back to childhood. I am someone who finds Jazzercise routines challenging to follow--gotta stop & think about which limb to move each time.

Since I began eating more carbs, I notice I have been sleeping a lot. On low carb, I developed a sleep deficit that dogged me for a couple of yrs. Now that I sleep normally, my mind works better. I think I will be able to gain better control of eating but it's taking a while.

Have a great day All!

check in
B cashew milk & coffee
L chicken & yam salad, beets in balsamic
D tepary beans & ground turkey
S cauli fried rice, stumbled upon some slivered almonds--ate too many

Last edited by Sundove; 08-03-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:20 AM   #28  

Hi Magistra,
I have my bad eating times too. Like last week. Doing better now, but I'm disappointed with myself. My goal for July was to lose another 5 pounds and get down to 200. I lost 2 1/2 pounds in July. Pretty mediocre. Oh well. In August then I am readjusting my goal to get down to around 198 by September 1. Ultimate goal of 195 may have to wait a couple weeks!
Old 08-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #29  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/186.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

Not back online at home, yet. So this will be quick.

Continuing to wish everyone the very best.

Yesterday:
Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

KCM's Cardio Pump - combined workouts premix w/#13

No stretching for last night or Oxycise this Morning

Calories for yesterday: 1495
Weigh In: 171.4
Up: .4 <-- Not bad considering the swelling
Old 08-03-2016, 02:58 PM   #30  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/137/119

Welcome to the new posters here and welcome back to the old ones!

This week I've gone up a little from 151-something to 152.1. I think that's my usual pms bloat though, always happens. I feel more pudgy though since I've stopped exercising. This anemia is kicking my butt. I'm barely getting through my days as it is, so I'm reluctant to add exercise back in. I'm scared it'll trigger that week when I felt terrible - mentally confused, exhausted, dizzy, headache. All that good stuff. Hopefully my energy will pick up soon though bc I miss my daily walks so much. Maybe I'll try doing just a short one instead of my usual 45 minutes +.

Have a good day, guys!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 08-03-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Closed Thread