Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 12:24 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Beloved Warrior - I sent you a PM about the diet math.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

WI: 137.4
Exercise: 20 minutes stationary
Calories: 1300

I am a bouncing machine..My weight has been bouncing over the past month between 10 lbs. Is this a part of maintaining?! Or am I on the road to gaining all my weight back. It's always goes back down...
Old 08-05-2016, 04:50 PM   #48  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Happy Friday, guys!

I've been at the same weight all week, 152.1. Still no exercise but I'll be spending some time out in the county tomorrow so I hope to get in a little hiking.

Sundove and Beloved Warrior - Thanks! I'm still run down but I'm hoping if I keep up with my supplements and water, and keep my diet high in iron and b vitamins that I'll notice a difference soon. It's definitely not as bad as the worst week, so that's something at least.

Misti - That's exciting!

MonteCristo - The times when I've tracked have been pretty in line with what it should be too. I hear ya on how that's both comforting and depressing! Mostly it's helped me adopt a patient attitude.

Diana - I'm not a fan of Windows 10 either, but I've gotten used to it over time. I still don't prefer it though, and I'm even someone who usually likes change, so it must just be lousy. Good job getting it set up!

Nichols - Congrats on your loss! Are you someone who's always fluctuated a lot bc of water weight or is the bouncing this month rly unusual for you? Kudos to you for staying on track of it and noticing the fluctuations. I don't wanna extrapolate from my own experience bc we all have our own fluctuation ranges, but when I was maintaining my weight didn't fluctuate much. How long have you been in your current weight range? Are you at your maintenance weight or are you still losing?

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 08-05-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:17 PM   #49  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Chunkahlunkah Do you know how to permanently pin open the favorites? So when you open the browser the favorites is automatically there?

Do you use the default Bing or have you changed to google?
Old 08-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

Nicholsfamily Maybe once you get back into your normal routine, you won't have as much bouncing. I would definitely try to reel it in a bit. Your don't want the upswing to get out of control. Instead of taking the weekend off, just take one day, etc. I think you are close to where you want to be, so just work on maintaining within a 5 pound range.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:27 PM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

BelovedWarrior I do have a touch screen. I also have on at the desktop at work. That computers uses 8.1 or whatever the last one was. I liked that one so much better than 10 and Edge. I think Edge is what I really dislike.

Geek Squad people said that Edge was safer . . . but I still don't like it.

I had to come home today for a delivery. It was suppose to arrive between 2-5 and it's still not here. They are running late. So I spent my time setting up the printer. I didn't want it wireless so I hardwired it. I prefer printers to be hardwired. No messing up or having to get it back on the network. I love when life is simplified.

So about the delivery. A few weeks ago DH decided that he wanted new recliners. The old ones were about 25 years old and the leather was starting to crack. I really don't like buying expensive stuff that we don't absolutely need because the poop usually hits the fan. So we went in and picked out the chairs and ordered them. Of course the poop starts hitting the fan. The A/C in my car developed a problem, the laptop at work started acting wonky (but still working - thank You, Lord) and then last weekend the laptop at home went completely out. My DH better not suggest buying anything else.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:34 PM   #52  
Shorty getting fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Chunkahlunkah Do you know how to permanently pin open the favorites? So when you open the browser the favorites is automatically there?

Do you use the default Bing or have you changed to google?
Diana - I downloaded and use Chrome as my browser. With that browser, on the far right of the screen I click on the image that looks like a ladder with 3 rings.

From there, I click settings.

A few topics down is "Appearance" and that's where I click the box next to "Always show the bookmarks bar" and that's what pins them. There may be another way too, but that's what I do.

From settings is also where I change my permanent search engine to Google.

If you use Edge instead, I'm not sure on the instructions with that...

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 08-05-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:22 PM   #53  

Beloved Warrior It's really great to read that you feel connected to your body. I'm so glad your knees feel better. Good luck on your home sale. Have you decided where you will move? Thanks re avatar pic. It's from right near the Tucson airport. I thought it looked like a face too.
I think I should be retired The way I look at it is I took my early retirement in my 50s. I cut my work hours & got a degree in marine biology, instead of socking away the nest egg. It took a while since I had to take all the basic math I had avoided in order to take the more advanced required stuff. It was something I really wanted to do and I'm glad I didn't wait until I was older.

Today was another day of feeling less hungry.
B cashew milk/coffee, tofu roll ups
L yam/chicken salad-- a lot
D cauli fried rice, a few bites of chicken
Old 08-06-2016, 12:31 AM   #54  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default August 5th

Today was good again. I ate clean and healthy for 985 calories, did a cardio fix workout, and got almost 13,000 steps in! Tomorrow is my two week weigh in. I am not expecting a huge difference as I fell off the wagon during this two week period!
Old 08-06-2016, 12:42 AM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
No workout since having to wait for delivery people
Old 08-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #56  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Happy Saturday!

Sundove I really liked Firefox on my previous laptop. The Geek people said and from what I have read online Edge is the safest right now. I am back to having the ads on the side, but they don't seem to be causing problems at the moment. I don't like to mess with things too much when I get something new. Leave it to me to mess something up. I am the IT tech in the family, Lord help us, so I don't want to get into something that I can't get out of.

I have a ton of stuff to do this weekend, since I am so backlogged from the issues of this week.

Nothing for last night
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 171
Down: .2

Have a great day!
Old 08-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #57  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Mornin'

Weight up and up, 166 this morning.

This month I took most work days off to drive my son back and forth to his driving class, 1.5 hours away. It's about 6 hours each of three days a week. I have succumbed to fast food and restaurants, which sent me even further up in my regain path. Reality hit again and I'm planning to use a cooler and pack meals from home.

Beloved, I haven't watched the Suits so I'll look into it. Thanks! I'm thinking it might be time to take a tv and internet break. It has been a good run! lol
Old 08-06-2016, 02:36 PM   #58  

Diana I have so little patience with non-user friendly operating systems and software--makes me want to scream sometimes! It seems there are periods when the new line of products is intuitive to set up, user-friendly as you go along, then there is the rest of the time..... A while back, I switched to Apple, willing to pay more for something I could set up and use by myself. Now Apple has turned a corner and no longer as user-friendly. That's truly strange how your new chairs coincided/caused the other things to crash. I hope the new chairs are worth it and last a good long time! They sure sound nice.

I'm in slo mo today, but so far doing no damage n the eating front. Just decompressing from the week & reading murder mysteries set in southeast Arizona. I'm looking forward to trip there in a few weeks.

Last edited by Sundove; 08-06-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:16 PM   #59  
Shorty getting fit

Happy weekend!

My weight is up a little from 152.1 to 152.3. That was inevitable since I haven't been exercising and have been eating ribeyes almost daily. I'm doing a little hiking today. It's a social thing but I'm also using it as a test run to see if my body's up for exercising again. I hope so! I feel blah being so sedentary.

Diana - I really like Firefox too. In the past, I'd use both that and Chrome but I've been using only Chrome on my new computer. I like Chrome bc it has a simple, clean design so is really easy to use.

I hear ya on not wanting to fall down the computer rabbit hole! My brother is the tech guy in my circle, so I just do what he tells me to do. He also had me d/l a program I use to scan for spyware about once a week and another program to run every month or so that cleans my computer. If you're interested, feel free to pm.

Sorry that I can't give Edge tips. I hope others here can.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 08-06-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #60  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

CoolMom
Good job coming up with alternatives to eating out. Another option is to have a game plan for each restaurant. That way you have a plan if you have to eat out.

Sundove
Gosh, I'm in slo mo every day until noon or later.

Chunkahlunkah We shared a ribeye tonight. Yay for the hiking.

It's nice to get back to a routine.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Closed Thread