Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 09:54 PM   #151  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1395 Calories +

Breakfast (330 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (420 calories)
Panera Strawberry Poppyseed & Chicken Salad 340 calories
apple 80 calories

Dinner (645 calories)
Salad w/BHF's ranch 100 calories
zucchini noodles, pasta sauce 2 Bilinski's Italian sausages 300 calories
1 small slice of baguette grilled w/garlic 75 calories
Blueberry vanilla Greek yogurt parfait 170 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Amped-Up Cardio - combined workouts premix, no drills
Old 08-13-2016, 11:08 PM   #152  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Hi All ... just jumping in for a few moments - re Zucchini Noodles.

Well, I don't know if this qualifies or not ... but here's a recipe I did two days in a row ... because it was just so darn good!

4 oz mild Italian Sausage ... brown in a frying pan (if I had mushrooms, they would go in at this time also)
While browning add chopped onion
then add "stripped" zucchini (I have a stripper, but the old metal cheese graters should work also.)
Add a little water
cook for a few minutes ... stirring to mix ingredients
add tomato sauce (I had garlic & onion fortified Rinaldi - because 0 gm sugar)
stir to mix ingredients and heat up sauce

scoop out ... add Parmesan
And ... YUM YUM!
The onion & zucchini strips should have a little crunch to them.

Calories around 400 (w/o mushrooms or Parmesan - because I didn't have them)

That's what I've used lately instead of pasta/noodles.
ENJOY

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 08-13-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:31 PM   #153  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default August 13th

Today was a good day. I ate clean and healthy for 984 calories. I did a dirty 30 workout plus a run on the treadmill. I made spinach and feta turkey burgers for dinner and had some vegen & gluten free protein brownies for dessert which contained no refined sugar.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:42 AM   #154  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1395 +
Weigh In: 173
No Change

BelovedWarrior I'm glad you are enjoying the zoodles, too. I didn't use Parmesan, either, since I didn't have it.

FYML Another good day for you.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #155  

I enjoy zoodles. Thanks IdealProteinNewbie for the idea to blot them. I also love to use spaghetti squash. I haven't tried butternut squash yet. I avoid cheese--my skin reacts to anything with the milk protein, casein.

I had some pizza yesterday. I'll be drinking a lot of water today. I was not a great day, foodwise. Sometimes when I think i have it all under control, it turns out otherwise. It's that after-the-stress eating that caught me off-guard, and I will need to remember to watch out for that. The visit with my Mom went well, but she is an independent 89.8 yrs old and I never know what to expect when I show up. For her 90th, in October, I am getting her genetic ancestry mapped.

MonteCristo Yikes about the cookies and Bravo for getting rid of them!!! Reminds me of the movie where someone wakes up 2 centuries in the future and finds an old VW Bug in a cave. It starts perfectly. Your game night group sounds great. We don't have alcohol at mine. I'm not sure why--I think there might be someone who must avoid it and it has become a custom, except champagne on NYs.

I have been reading back to catch up better on the thread. That is so cool that your grandmother got you the book. Are you calves getting stretched out? I know a few things, one is that wall thing I mentioned earlier. I'll repost if you like. If you use a yoga belt around the balls of your feet to bend your feet towards the front of your ankles--does that make sense?---you get a good stretch, but even without the strap, you will. Also standing and facing a wall and leaning into it. The best way to do this is standing on a slanted block--they usually have these at the gym. I had a trainer tell me it's the best way to stretch your calves. You can adjust the angle and also your distance from the wall, and you will feel a difference. Do you lift at a gym? I think I would like to read that book--I think good alignment is th ekey to good health on many levels.

Diana That is a bummer about the flare up still lingering. I hope it is not causing pain. Weight uptick is bad enough. Your consistency with eating is simply stellar---I hope that gives you a good feeling in spite of the scale. I think eating right-scale not showing it is way more wonderful than eating poorly & getting away with it on the scale. There's something heartening and powerful about eating well.

Today's plan is to learn my new exercises, forgive myself for not making good food choices yesterday, and a dinner at a friend's. He makes the best BBQ chicken I ever had--secret ingredient is ketchup. It will be easy to rein it in in front of others--I will be on alert for urges to cheat after the fact.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Sundove; 08-14-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #156  

Speaking of alignment...one more thing popped into my mind when I read MonteCristo's post about Supple Leopard and alignment...Sleeping postures. I have been hyper aware of my left hip since getting all the bodywork. I have been a left side sleeper for ages, and decided to give it a rest. I think it's helped to sleep on the other side. I have been advised to try to sleep on my back with pillow under the knees, which I will try tonight.

I noticed that the way I normally sleep, my jaw is clenched to support itself. I can't quite explain what I mean, but I think it has to do with my jaw somehow providing neck support. I am mentioning this because there have been conversations about teeth grinding. I never thought I did, but then I caught this and noticed my teeth are clenched, even though my position feels natural and relaxed. My teeth look really worn lately so I think something is going on. I think i need to get a better pillow.

I would love to hear if anyone has a pillow they love. My massage place sells some, and I will post the model when I find out, in case it's of interest.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:42 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, Sundove, those are the stretches I've been doing. My calves hurt for a good three days, but they seem back to normal now. I actually lift at home, I have a gym set up in my spare bedroom. I even built my own power rack. I've got pictures up somewhere on 3FC, I'll see if I can find the thread.

I am baffled at how you aren't starving all the time FYML. There is no way I could eat 984 calories and not be ravenous. I've never set my daily calories at less than 1500 per day. You are amazing! And working out to. I'd be a hangry mess.

If zucchini noodles are more of a facilitator for sauce I guess I"ll give them a pass. I'm happy to eat sauce plain, lol.

I've also been thinking about sleep positions. I pretty much sleep every way except flat on my back, turning over and moving around constantly in the night. But the last couple of nights I've woken up with my jaw hurting on whichever side was down. Thought it might be a cavity at first, but it is moving from side to side. I've had this happen before when I was super stressed, I'd start grinding my teeth. Had to get in the habit of biting my tongue, 'cause you can't crunch down that hard if your tongue is in the way! Guess I"ll have to start practicing again!
Old 08-14-2016, 08:25 PM   #158  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Some of you who have been here a while might remember me speaking about our friend Brandon. I wanted to give an update on him and ask for you to keep him in your prayers the next couple of weeks. He finished up with the experimental treatment. The last couple of weeks they have been giving him Neulasta shots to boost the stem cells. My parents would get those shots after their treatments to boost their immune system, so I guess this is the same. This week they removed his stem cells. They were able to get more than enough for his treatment. They also installed a port and some other tubes that I'm not familiar with. The Dr. said that sometimes there isn't enough stem cells and they have to seek out donors. Tomorrow he is suppose to check into the hospital between 6-8 PM. He will be in the hospital for 10-14 days for the treatment. As you know, he helps my DH at the farm and they hunt together. Tomorrow is opening day to deer season. This is the time that deer are in velvet. Brandon has never gotten a deer in velvet and was disappointed that he wouldn't get to hunt during this time. Once he is out of the hospital he won't be able to do anything for a month or so. So he's going to be out of commission for close to 2 months. DH told him that he would take him hunting tomorrow morning for the opening day. DH never goes hunting until Fall because it's too hot. So he will have to get up a 3 or 4 in the morning to take Brandon, LOL. I will open the shop. I am just glad that Brandon will have the opportunity to go opening day and hopefully they will have a good hunt. So, if you would, please keep him in your prayers the next couple of weeks during his treatment.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:35 PM   #159  
Trying to live below 200

Sundove Enjoy the BBQ chicken with your friend. I wear 2 guards at night for the TMJ, grinding and whatever other destructive nonsense I have going on at night. I love spaghetti squash. I like to make like a flat pancake out of it and brown it in the pan. It is frustrating to be doing the right thing but not losing. I have looked at it another way. I have such a bad history of weight gain, sometimes I see the angioedema (or whatever I have going on) as a reminder to stay on my toes about my situation and eating. Before starting with the antihistamines, I could gain 3 pounds overnight without a change in diet. If I was eating badly as well as having a flare up, it could get really ugly.

MonteCristo
My DOMS are usually in my glutes and hamstrings. OUCH! Talk about walking funny.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #160  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1405 calories +

Breakfast (320 calories + )
Organic Valley Vanilla fuel protein drink 260 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/cream & stevia sugar blend

Lunch (495 Calories)

sauteed together chicken breast, remainder zucchini noodles, 1 serving Path of Life garbanzos & lentils w/ garlic, olive oil & basil 365 calories (this was really good)
iced coffee 50 calories
Apple 80 calories

Dinner (590 calories)
Cobb salad w/chicken & BHF's ranch 510 calories
apple 80 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Pump - combined workouts w/12's

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-14-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:40 PM   #161  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Today was a good day! My food was pretty good, I did have a little bit of a set back as I had about 1/3 of a regular slice of pizza but I didn't have any more than that even though I wanted to. I made sure my bit of pizza fit in my yellow carb container for the 21 day fix program so that I didn't make excuses to over indulge. Pizza included, my daily calories were 948. Today I just did a straight 30 minutes on the treadmill at an increased speed. It was definitely a good workout. I got in 11,000 + steps today was well.

MonteCristo: I actually have no problem eating a low amount of calories. Sometimes I have to push myself to even get up to 1,000. Sometimes I worry that I sound like I have an eating problem where I starve myself but I really don't! I am just really big on clean eating and balance and portion control. I have made little food swaps that save me mad amounts of calories like from a 200 calorie large whole wheat wrap to a 50 calorie small corn tortilla and plain greek yogurt flavored with almond butter as opposed to flavoured yogurts. I am following the 21 day fix program and it is really teaching me a lot. My number one trick for staying full is high protein foods / snacks and not a whole lot of carbs but I still enjoy carbs from time to time (whole wheat only!)

If anyone is interested in seeing how I change traditional meals to make them healthy and low calorie, you are more than welcome to check out my instagram account: dak209 It is my personal account so there is non health related stuff on it but I post a lot of my meals to show how I alter the meals to promote a healthy lifestyle.

Last edited by FYML; 08-14-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:15 PM   #162  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

149.8 today! I'll wait until I'm below 150 for at least a couple consecutive days before I do my happy dance for being out of that decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post

Congrats on the new low Chunkahlunkah! That awesome. You are nearly at my goal. :sob: LOL
I'm really short! Only 4'11. I'll have to double check when it switches, but I think bmi scales still place me as obese until 148 lbs. You're at my goal height! Maybe next life.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!
Old 08-15-2016, 03:35 AM   #163  

hi everyone. I have not been here in a perhaps a month. I have not been able to read the posts. But hope all is well with you. I have been trying to keep things under control. Success is being redefined. I have gained a few. But still am well within the parameters of maintenance. I have been having success in saying no to the highest calorie foods. But am having a challenge with amounts of lower calorie foods. Been quite a wild summer. Good challenges. But still they are challenges. I want to reduce the amount of food. But apparently wanting to is not enough Here is a short video of a hamster enjoying his carrot slice. Perhaps inspiration of some sort https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCliacIDH-s

hope your Monday is good !

Last edited by flower123; 08-15-2016 at 03:38 AM.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:02 AM   #164  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nothing for last night or this morning. I have to open the shop today.

Calories for yesterday: 1405 +
Weigh In: 172
Down: 1 pound

The loss with the having to wake early and not getting enough sleep is just short of amazing.

Have a great day and start to your week!
Old 08-15-2016, 06:06 AM   #165  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Diana prayers for Brandon.

Flower good to see you

Sundove I use a flat memory foam pillow, I'm a side sleeper, too. lately sleeping on my left side seems to be bothering my ear. Got my wall stretch and 2 sun sals after reading your posts about stretching.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, I have to get moving, I keep getting distracted by the beautiful sunrise
Closed Thread