Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheiladane View Post
I have been pretty good this week about food except for the lemon cake I have been nibbling at that I made for my husband. That has been hard to resist. I just hope i haven't sabotaged myself at my next weigh in. And I haven't been drinking enough water. It has also been hard to get motivated to exercise. I skipped last week entirely. But I did get out today and did 35 minutes brisk walk with my hubby and then did 15 minutes of excruciating ab exercises when I got home. So this week is starting out better.
Great job in jumping back in with your exercise!
Old 08-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

WooHoo! Another good day yesterday.

WI: 136.4
GW: 125
Calories: 1250
Exercise: 20 minutes stationary; 20 minutes treadmill; Weights

11.4 until I'm at goal weight. I am going to start weights again tonight. I can tell a huge difference in my arms from when I'm lifting and when I'm not... so here we go! Tomorrow is back to school for the kids so I'm crossing my fingers I can get all of this knocked out plus lay their clothes out..and mine...and do something with my daughters' hair tonight..we will see!
Old 08-09-2016, 04:03 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholsfamily1987 View Post
WooHoo! Another good day yesterday.

WI: 136.4
GW: 125
Calories: 1250
Exercise: 20 minutes stationary; 20 minutes treadmill; Weights

11.4 until I'm at goal weight. I am going to start weights again tonight. I can tell a huge difference in my arms from when I'm lifting and when I'm not... so here we go! Tomorrow is back to school for the kids so I'm crossing my fingers I can get all of this knocked out plus lay their clothes out..and mine...and do something with my daughters' hair tonight..we will see!
Another lifter! What program are you using?
Old 08-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #109  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Sundove
Quote:
a tip for going up on the wall, the trick is for your butt to really be up against it--that gives good support and a nice little stretch for you legs. You can do this by laying on your side with butt sort of pushing in to the wall, then roll onto your back. (Otherwise, once on your back, it's kinda awkward to scoot into the wall)
OH so true -- I very unsuccessfully tried the pooch scoot and ... well, let's just say I'm not a puppers I will try the side trick -- I'll let you know how it goes

BTW - I am so, well tainted comes to mind but I'm not sure if that's the right word. The minute I met Deputy Ken, in the book, I thought he was crooked. I wondered about the Sheriff too. And... I knew Joanna would be running for office I watch too many detective shows. I hope book two is available so I can continue cleaning and sorting ...

Oh and thanks, I'll try the calf/hamstring stretch too. ENJOY the HOLLERING!

Best line from the book: "... the income tax is the most abominable illegal piece of legislation ever palmed off on this land..." Hilarious!!

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 08-09-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #110  

Diana
Quote:
I don't know why we internalize things the way we do. Also, in the moment, I seem fine. My problem usually erupts after the major drama is over. That's when I completely fall apart.
Yup - me too! I was really bad when I was a kid. I was just talking about that with a friend on Saturday. When I was younger we'd have an event called "high school rodeo." It was the hottest days in July. We slept in a pole barn (pb). When we were in the pb we could wear whatever. When we were outside of the pb we had to be in FULL gear... long sleeves, long pants, boots, hat, buckle ... not to mention how unbearable it was for the horses too. So, it was a three day event. Wonderful memories... great time. After the event ... I had a full blown meltdown ... totally wailing!! My mom couldn't handle it. Can't tell you what it was about ... make me laugh now. WHAAAAAA!!

"You had to take a hammer to it when it wouldn't start."
This made me laugh out loud (sorry) but ... I'm very visual and pictured this as I read it... still makes me laugh.

"mechanics hate working on their own stuff" Just like the cobbler's kids had no shoes. I laugh, my niece is married to a guy who does construction ... yet ever since I've known them (maybe 9 years now ... not sure) the kitchen window's frame is showing and the bathroom wall has a hole where the plumbing for the sink comes in.

Ah ... vent vent vent ... as much as you want! You always make your stories hilarious... ALWAYS! And, for me - and I'm guessing others too, please never feel like you are a bother re the angioedima. One - it gives you record of episodes... and Two - you are so loved on here, and you give out so many emotional hugs ... it gives us a chance to hug you back! This is one AWESOME Family ... (speaking of which - I hope ciecie and her dad are doing okay!)

HUGS
Old 08-09-2016, 04:47 PM   #111  

sheiladane WTG ... sounds like you are making great progress

nichols WHAT!! School starting ALREADY!! Man ... what a bummer for your kids! Sounds like you are all ready - set - go! ENJOY!
Old 08-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #112  

Diana Do you notice that you feel better with the Oxycise? It's fantastic that you are managing to do them daily, even if it's for a short time. Sometimes I'll take a deep abdominal breath in the middle of my work.

I feel like it makes a difference for me throughout the day when I apply myself. The PT program I do for my hip entails 4 exercises each day. The breathing is a key part of them, and my PT wants me to actually blow up a balloon to get the breathing echnique down. I thought I finally had it, and quit using the balloons, but I notice since I don't do that, I don't feel the exercises and calming effect to be as strong.

I'm also doing the Brain Buttons thing, which is really weird but I find that works too if I really do it. My friend was taught something similar when she gave up smoking and found it helpful.

Btw Diana I can't imagine anyone minding your posts about the angio. I wish I knew something that would help. As for the other things you write, I was literally laughing out loud about the car thing. Not funny at all to be stranded after dark, but your description of the hammer and keeping DH on the phone, was so graphic and funny. I love that side of you, like when you threw the food--was it drumsticks?--outside? If you didn't vent, I think I would be too intimidated to post my own struggles. So thanks for keeping it real.

MonteCristo Aw I know what you mean about geographical snobbery. Humans are such funny critters aren't we? My Mom & Dad grew up in NYC & went to U of Arkansas and met there. Go Razorbacks! My oldest bro was born in Fayetteville. And my incredibly wonderful hair guy is from Fayetteville as well. I used to hear a lot of granola jokes and tipping the continent to let all the loose nuts roll down into Calif. That sort of thing. I like 3FC because it's like neighbors running over and having coffee, only we're from all over.

BW Careful that you don't roll off the bed when you're getting up & down! If you decide to try the floor again, you can get a cheap yoga mat, even a couple of em layered. They have them at Target, Marshall's, Ross, etc.

Re the mystery, sounds like you will figure out what's what pretty fast. I hope that does not make it boring! I love storytelling, so just hearing the narration is nice.

CharlieBear & sheiladane

Last edited by Sundove; 08-10-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #113  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Nicholsfamily Great job on your day!

MonteCristo HI

BelovedWarrior & Sundove
After I post about our wackiness (chicken thrown in the yard and hammer to the starter) I think, uh oh, these people are going to think I'm crazy. At least me and hubster get along, right? Thank the Lord, since we work together and we're together 24/7. If we didn't get along, it could get really crazy, right?

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 08-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #114  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Salad w/grilled chicken w/BHF's ranch

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Blast - Step Plyo Blast Plus Premix
Old 08-09-2016, 09:22 PM   #115  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,

Diana I'll have to look for those, I've decided to start this Thursday, the idea was to start after bowling, but I feel like getting started. I've been pretty good, but knowing I'm going to start WW seems to have given extra strength to some cravings, so annoying... I've been taking a b vitamin supplement, seems to be helping, I haven't had that drop in energy that I was. My last was July 8, I wish it was my last

Sundove and Beloved I enjoyed reading your chat about stretching, I almost got out of bed to try it, I finished week 7 of c25k tonight, I could use a good stretch, but am sleepy, maybe tomorrow.

Coolmom

Best to all
Old 08-09-2016, 09:25 PM   #116  

Well done kelijpa! Enjoy your well-earned rest, plenty of time to stretch another day

Diana It doesn't hurt to add in that you & DH work together, for those just tuning in. Even if I didn't already know that, I would have the feeling that your DH is crazy about you and vice versa. It comes across loud & clear in your posts, between the words.

Last edited by Sundove; 08-09-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:20 PM   #117  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default August 9th

Today was good. I ate clean and healthy for 1,210 calories but I don't think I drank enough water today. Overall I consumed 12 cups, but I barely drank any of that at work so I think thats what led to all my snacking today! Healthy snacks but still! I did an upper body fix today and went on the treadmill after. I also walked 12,000 + steps.

One after thought I had about the chilli, is that the 160 calories per a serving is based on the weight loss program I am following. One portion of chilli is one cup. This is something to keep in mind if you make yourself a big bowl of chilli and then only count it for 160 calories when it could be double that amount.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:15 AM   #118  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
You know, I still have to worry about something while I am venting.
You crack me up.
And please share as often as you like! You're not a bother in the slightest.

Waves for all. I'm here reading but am in a quiet and low energy zone. I enjoy reading how you're all doing though!

For me...weight's been the same the last few days at 151.2. No exercise yet. I keep bringing my gym bag to work, thinking that maybe *this* will be the day I don't feel like I took sleeping pills. No luck yet, but it's only a matter of time. I never would've thought I'd be so eager to walk on a treadmill.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 08-10-2016 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:36 AM   #119  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Hope everyone had a good night. I could sleep for a few more hours I think. Time for coffee and making my lunch.

Hope you all have a wonderful day
Old 08-10-2016, 08:04 AM   #120  

HOWDY ALL!

Well, you wouldn’t know to look at my living room, but I AM making progress!!

It’s supposed to be, and already is 93% humidity … and that’s the prediction for tomorrow too! ARGH!!

No windows open today

So, on the : front – up a smidge (.4) and calories were decent 1318. All I know is – I think I am officially out of the 236 range Twenty days to lose 7 pounds (for my personal goal) … I CAN DO THIS!! Buckle down and eat smart!!

Kelijpa – have a TERRIFIC day at work!! Let me know if you try the stretch today. I’m putting it on my “to do” list so I remember to give it a try!!

Diana – it sounds like you and hubster have a relationship that many would envy. You are a very blessed lady!

FYML - on eating clean and healthy today … you are doing a fantastic job!!

Chunkahlunkah – feel better soon… don’t push it too early… start slow! It will happen very soon

Everyone else – ENJOY THE DAY!!
Closed Thread