Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 12:06 AM   #91  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

charliebear99 -- in your signature you stated "... I have a long, hard road ahead of me. Looking for friends and daily check-in support." --- I think you will find just what you are looking for in this thread. with your plan!!

FYML and CoolMom- thank you for the recipes. FYML - I have ground turkey in the freezer - so, I'll give this a try and CoolMom - I've always wanted to do something with spaghetti squash

Diana - praying as I type for the flare-ups to dissipate! I'm sorry it is creating such discomfort. I know you've been majorly busy - but try and get extra rest - if possible RE: the AC -- the stuff I used has a gauge to indicate if there's a need to re-charge. PM if you are interested in more info. Worked wonders for me and several others I know.

wannabehealthy - hope all is well with you.

kelijpa - How exciting re the concert this Sunday. It's nice to have something to plan for and look forward to. It helps make the week go faster.

Night night all ---
Old 08-09-2016, 05:38 AM   #92  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Thanks for all the upbeat messages.

Diana I'm planning on starting next week, my plan was when we're done bowling I would put that money towards WW. It's about the same. It'll get me back to weighing, measuring and keeping track of what I eat. What I already know I need to do

Coolmom I'll have to check that show out, sounds interesting. Good idea, packing your food.

waving Hi all around, best to all
Old 08-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #93  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1

I have been having some neck pain in the usual place. I think it's stress related. I am planning to stick to cardio for a couple of days. Hopefully it will calm down.

I had mentioned before about there being a lot of limbs and tree down at my Mom's house. The guy who does the grass there was suppose to take care of that. I found out over the weekend that he had not done the work. I had to contact him to inquire about the situation. I don't like having to deal with him or that stuff. I think that situation, over the weekend compounded all of the stress that I have been feeling. It still amazes me how I can feel normal but I internalize all of that stuff. Hopefully my body will start calming down a bit.

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 172.8
Up: 1.8 pounds

Have a great day!
Old 08-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

So Monday was movie night with my gaming group, and everyone wanted to get pizza. I don't like making a big deal about my diet in front of people who aren't either dieting or lifting, so I try not to really say anything about it, but how can you unobtrusively not eat pizza, or just eat the toppings off? I really don't know, so I make up excuses. I did a lifting session right before, so I had my protein shake and bologna and eggs before I went, and used "I was so hungry from my workout I had to eat ahead of time" as an excuse. Which technically was true anyway, especially since the pizza didn't even get there until 8pm and I usually eat dinner at 5pm. But I still feel a little goofy about it.

Anyway, finally got back into lifting after a couple weeks off. I've done a rather significant deload, so it wasn't too hard, and I hope not to be excessively sore, but sometimes you need a step back in order to progress.

Still basically eating burgoo and fried eggs and bologna every day. I'm lucky I feel no need for variety in my diet. Same thing day in and out is fine by me, and easier to boot.

BelovedWarrior - I probably would have done the same, had some of the goodies. You know how WW has the "extra" points you get each week? I used to do that with my calorie counting. So if I wanted to average 1500 calories per week, I'd set my daily goal at 1400, and I'd have a 700 buffer for random "cheats". Hopefully your gain will drop away quickly...chances are it is just bloat. Cheesecake makes you lose weight? That's awesome. When I do CC (instead of carb) I always loss after having pizza.

Nicholsfamily - Great job on staying OP and exercising. You are getting so close to goal!

CoolMom - Those recipes sound good! I love the idea of stuffed bell peppers, but they've never turned out quite the way I'd like them too (with soft peppers). I've also been wanting to watch Orphan Black, but I'm watching too many shows, and I have no patience, so I've been holding out until it finishes. Or I breakdown and watch it regardless. lol

Kelijpa - Good luck with WW. I know it works very well for lots of people! The added accountability must be a bonus.

Wannabehealthy - Hi!

Diana - Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope it settles down soon! Workmen who don't follow through are a nightmare. The area I'm in you are lucky if you can get a plumber within 2 weeks. I've told my 17yo brother he could probably become a millionaire if he'd just start a handyman company and actually showed up on schedule.

Charliebear -

FYML - Thanks for the recipe. That is so different from any chili I've ever made. I look forward to trying it once I'm further along the OWL ladder.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #95  

All
I have an unexpected day off. In the middle of work yesterday, I got a rash on my forearms. It had to be ruled out whether or not there was any risk to patients or co-workers. I felt fine. Rashes can be impossible to solve. They decided it was contact dermatitis with no identified trigger. To err on the side of safety, they sent me home not to return to work until Thurs. Seems extreme considering no one feels it is anything, but here I am. We used to joke about the "perfect illness" where you are off work but well enough to enjoy the time. I hate missing work though, and I know what a strain it puts on my colleagues.

I am using the day to finally reduce the stacks of papers--file or shred!

Diana I am sorry to read about your flare up, and also to read about the stress from the gardener not taking care of things. I always thought I handled stress well, but in reality I was hiding it well. I'm more aware of it now, and a tiny bit more aware of how it affects me. When I don't have a solution for the cause, I do find that belly breathing & strong exhalation, like in pilates and oxycise helps me. it also automatically helps my posture and that makes everything seem more manageable--when I stand tall instead of slouching.

Oh one other thing that helps me feel better is that legs against the wall, flat on my back (with a pillow). I've in my yoga book that it is considered an inversion, like standing on your head. They are thought to be calming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedWarrior View Post
How exciting to re-invent yourself and become a marine biologist!! I love it when people LIVE their life! You are a rare jewel – Thanks for the info re the murder mystery author. You have an Arizona trip in a few weeks?? Fun or business?
Thanks Beloved Warrior! You are a KIND rare jewel yourself! I feel more like I discovered what was already there in the marine biol project. I used to have dreams of being engulfed by tidal waves, in my 20s & 30s. They were terrifying and would wake me up. Eventually the tidal waves in my dreams turned into a tide pool, with all of the beautiful, strange critters. To me it was like looking into the origins of life. A few yrs later I saw an ad to go on a tidepool walk with a naturalist. No more tidal wave dreams after that. (cue the Twilght Zone music )

I'm glad you like J.A. Jance series. Somehow I got started on Ali Reynolds, while waiting for the Walker books. I love the audio versions!

I agree with the others about the surprise meal. I would say that as long as it's a choice, which it sounds like, and you did not feel forced. I'm glad you didn't have a spike. You are doing great--sounds like you are in the fat burning mode, and your body will burn up these blips. Hope you get your cheesecake whoosh Vagabonding sounds just amazing!!!!

MonteCristo I congratulate you on your skillful handling of the pizza situation. Your description really resonated with me. In those kind of situations, I have too often gotten so worked up that I throw in the towel or binge afterwards. You found a good balance and took care of yourself.

CoolMom Thanks for the spaghetti squash quiche recipe--looks incredible. I love that squash--never would have realized it could be a crust.

Time to resume decluttering!

Last edited by Sundove; 08-09-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:51 AM   #96  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
It still amazes me how I can feel normal but I internalize all of that stuff. Hopefully my body will start calming down a bit.
THIS! I am the same way. I don't *feel* stressed but my phisical reactions say otherwise. I hope the house sells and you can be done with it finally. I thought you already had an offer?
Old 08-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #97  

GOOD GOOD MORNING!!

I’m down 2 pounds today! AND! I will be eating good again today (that is if my neighbor doesn’t kill me with kindness again )

Today – is more cleaning, sorting, tossing --- Staying on track! (with food and cleaning)

Oh Diana! ARGH!! Re the yard-guy! Thanks for sharing … that helps tremendously to alleviate some of the stress too. Still praying … and sending BIG HUGS!

MonteCristo – You have said SOOOOO much that sparks thoughts and commonality with me. Not that I weightlift – gosh … I still haven’t gotten into an exercise routine -- BUT! “pizza” I am afraid of pizza at this point! The last time I lost 30 pounds I had pizza for my bday, felt bloated, and it was downhill from there. So, I have decided that once I meet my goal weight I am having a BIG PARTY at the best pizza place in town. This plan has sustained me when it comes to pizza. I thought your reasoning was good… and I think the others did also. I’m sure they’d rather have your company than you dodging out because of the menu. You also said “I usually eat at 5pm” … me too and I find it so difficult when people invite me over for supper at 730pm. So far, for one reason or another, it hasn’t worked out … but, sometime I’m going to have to go. I thought maybe if I sleep till noon then 730 would be about the right time You also said “sometimes you need a step back in order to progress” … oh how true, in many respects and aspects of life. OH! OH! OH! --- get thee behind me … I do NOT need to read “I always lose after having pizza.” (I did not read that, I did not read that) Yup, it seems every time I’ve had CheeseCake I drop weight. I’ve joked that I should just do a CCk diet. HEY! You weren’t here when Diana gave us her tool when eating with others and don’t want to have their food … she tells them “she’s allergic!” I’ve put that one in the vault – should I ever need it What shows are you currently watching?? Keep pumpin that iron!!

Sundove – ouch!! (I wanted to say ou-ee but I don’t know how to spell it ) is the rash uncomfortable?? So, you’re having a shred-fest!! FUN!! Thanks for the great pointers re stress relievers. It reminds me of something I have some folks do once in a while. You know when you can see someone isn’t really breathing?? And, of course they (I) don’t know I’m doing it. So… when in a private place, or the car --- as loud as you can, from the depths of your gut/diaphragm holler out HAY!!! Do it a couple times … it really expels some crud! This is the third time you’ve mentioned the ‘legs on the wall’ thing … and each time I think, THAT SOUNDS GREAT! I just looked around the room and found a portion of wall I can do that – so, once I’m finished here … I’m going to do it. AWESOME explanation re the dream and the life experience (and the TZ music – teehee)

CoolMom Sundove Diana and Me --- amazing how so many of us stuff! I’ll bet there are many more of us on here that “don’t FEEL stressed out” but see the ramifications otherwise. If time and life were just unlimited, I think it would be a great research project to see if there is any correlation to stuffing feelings and stuffing with food (I was going to say stuffing our faces, but I thought I’d be kind ).

ENJOY the day everyone.
It’s getting muggy and I’ll have to close the windows soon
HUGS!! To ALL!!
-Gail
Old 08-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #98  

Sundove - Sorry about the rash, and hope it goes away quickly...but how nice to have an unexpected day off! A lovely little mental health day, as I like to call them.

BelovedWarrior - I think they bought it, lol. Though they did keep offering me pizza and beer. At least the beer wasn't appealing :blergh:. Really, I'm sort of having a honeymoon with low carb right now. I wasn't even that tempted by the pizza. Of course, not really a fan of pizza hut, so that helped! Sorry about the pizza thing. I've always considered it that my body goes "finally, something to eat" and relaxes, and that's why the pounds drop off. But it only works if I've been good for like 2 weeks, then have the pizza. If I eat pizza every day I end up at 250lbs. We just started Mr Robot. Had been watching GOT, but that's over for now, so we thought we'd pick up with Season 1 of Mr Robot and we should be caught up just in time to watch this season's finale. Looks like we're having our game night on Wednesday this week, so another day I'll have to rush my workout right after work, but the fun makes it all worth it.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 08-09-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:06 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedWarrior View Post
This is the third time you’ve mentioned the ‘legs on the wall’ thing … and each time I think, THAT SOUNDS GREAT! I just looked around the room and found a portion of wall I can do that – so, once I’m finished here … I’m going to do it.
Sundove - Ah ... well ... I did it! I think it took me longer to get on the floor and then off the floor than I was with feet up. And, my hip bone area (I think that's it anyway) really hurt laying on the hard floor, even if it had carpeting. I think I have decided I will try this in my bed The stretch that I was able to obtain in my back thighs and gluts was amazing!!

MonteCristo "LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!" No apology needed re I will have to look up those shows ... as I am in need of a new series. For the FuN of it, I'm watching a smidge of Dharma and Greg before bedtime. That was such a fun show!

Later

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 08-09-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:15 PM   #100  

Break from declutter Thanks for the good wishes. I am in no discomfort at all.

Thanks MonteCristo! Enjoy that low carb honeymoon, and I hope it lasts as long as you need it. I would stick with it permanently but my brain needs more carbs, esp. in winter. I noticed you avatar says The Natural State, so I googled to see if it was a state motto. Silly me.

BW You said a mouthful (pun intended) about stuffing. I'm hoping that even if I can't eliminate the stress, I can use breathing to mitigate the toll on my body--a different animal from endlessly problem-solving the stressors. It could be argued that if we weren't stuffing with food, we might have other ailments. Maybe these issues are messengers, letting us know where we need to pay attention. Easier to take this view on a day off, lol.

Btw, a tip for going up on the wall, the trick is for your butt to really be up against it--that gives good support and a nice little stretch for you legs. You can do this by laying on your side with butt sort of pushing in to the wall, then roll onto your back. (Otherwise, once on your back, it's kinda awkward to scoot into the wall). Some people put a small support to raise the hips a little--gets more of the inversion thing, with head lower than hips. Sometimes I read in this position, but mostly just enjoy the relaxation.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #101  

BW Good thinking with that tweak. I'm so glad you got the good stretch! You can pull on you forefeet with a strap and add to the hamstring & calf stretch, if that makes sense. My massage therapist recommended that last week.

EDIT pulling on forefeet--I mean passively bending at the ankle, as if you were standing on your heels with your feet pointing up. :basically standing on your heels: Darn where's that emoticon

Gonna try your breathing car thing next time--perfect for after those tough work days. Thank-you.

Last edited by Sundove; 08-09-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I posted this question earlier. Any other suggestions? http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food...ss-quiche.html

I don't know why we internalize things the way we do. Also, in the moment, I seem fine. My problem usually erupts after the major drama is over. That's when I completely fall apart.

CoolMom Even if you get extra calories from a larger piece of salmon, it might not show as a gain. I think the gains usually come from more processed foods rather than whole foods. We actually went as far as having a closing date set for the house. A couple days before, the people backed out.

Charliebear Hi

FYML Great job with the Sh@keology treats.

Belovedwarrior Thank you for the good thoughts about the flare up and the A/C stuff. I forgot to mention that we are in the business. I just hate drama and everything coming down at one time. Also, as a side note, mechanics hate working on their own stuff. Years ago, my car had an intermittent problem with the starter. You had to take a hammer to it when it wouldn't start. We were busy in the shop and it wasn't a priority on DH's list of things to do. I finally broke down in another town, after dark. I got the car going with the hammer, but threatened to take the hammer to the hubster. I kept him on the phone the whole time I drove home and cussed him the entire way. You know, I do feel better when I post my drama here. It feels like my own little nonjudgmental place. People may or may not understand, agree, disagree, etc but they are always supportive. But I do worry that I bother other people with the constant talk of angioedema, etc. You know, I still have to worry about something while I am venting.

Kelijpa I have some Weight Watchers workout DVD's. Maybe they will have some at your check-in place. Maybe they will help come Winter time to keep you motivated. How are things going with the hormones? My last TTOM ended June 8 and noting since.

MonteCristo
I agree with your thoughts on getting help around the house. Most people are willing to pay good money for a dependable person to come work at their house. Thank you for the link at my other post.

Sundove I think I was doing better when I did the longer Oxycise routines. I'm only getting in about 6 minutes a day now and a longer one on Saturday.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-09-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:40 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 157.8/151.6/125

Height: 5'5"

I have been pretty good this week about food except for the lemon cake I have been nibbling at that I made for my husband. That has been hard to resist. I just hope i haven't sabotaged myself at my next weigh in. And I haven't been drinking enough water. It has also been hard to get motivated to exercise. I skipped last week entirely. But I did get out today and did 35 minutes brisk walk with my hubby and then did 15 minutes of excruciating ab exercises when I got home. So this week is starting out better.

Last edited by sheiladane; 08-09-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #104  
Trying to live below 200

sheiladane HI and welcome to the check-in.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
... I noticed you avatar says The Natural State, so I googled to see if it was a state motto. Silly me. ...
Sorry, I get a bit of a complex putting Arkansas down on stuff because people just automatically assume you are some kind of hillybilly redneck, which I find extremely annoying. So I just use the motto because people who look stuff up are generally a great deal more open minded!
Closed Thread