Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-09-2015, 09:39 PM   #136  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
The new avatar is my dog Luke. He just had a birthday and turned 15.
Luke has aged very well. He doesn't look a day over 9 months. Such a puppy.

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-09-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #137  

Height: 5"6

Hey team! Today was a good day except that I TOTALLY did my math wrong. I recounted after dinner and the parm cheese I used (I caved and had a carb craving) on my pasta was TWICE what I thought. I counted though and I am proud for still going to the gym today...so while it sucks I accidentally went over, yay for me for still counting and being accountable! And hey, sometimes slip ups are good because they help you stay focused the next day!

My foot is also bugging me so I am going to do more strength training over the next few days. YAY TEAM! <3
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:35 PM   #138  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Luke has aged very well. He doesn't look a day over 9 months. Such a puppy.
You should see him get up and start walking. It takes him a few steps to get the kinks out. He still bounces like a puppy when it's time to go outside though.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:40 PM   #139  

Hi all
Northern, I like how positive / ralistically you look at things. The calories were more than you thought. But you counted and were accountable. And you went to the gym. Small slips ARE small unless we make them bigger. So yay, indeed. On an non related subject, 42 degrees below zero? Seriously dude? And I thought I had it bad in northern Vermont US. I dont think we will even hit 20 below when this air mass sinks down later in the week.

CoolMom You seriously have a doggy as cute as that? Oh, he is SO sweet. What kind of dog is he? My heart is leaping just looking at your Luke.

Fluffypuppy, I do think different people need more protein than others. I physically need more. and if I am not getting it, I do get ravanous. But something else I notieced. On my sugar busters group page, people were talking about how they tend to crave foods if they are currently having sugars. This was what I thought. When I cut sugars ( all sugars) out of my diet, the cravings were less. As soon as I went back to eating sugar, the ease of keeping to a diet was effected. Cravings for all foods increased. I do not know if this is true for all people. But for me, it is true.

Finch, you are inspirational with the exercise. Kickboxing must burn a lot of calories

Diana, I hope the Angioedema decides to calm down soon. I am really sorry its surfacing again Glad the LC cheese tasted good. You wrote
Quote:
I was having problems in the past with overdoing the honey mustard. I kept wanting to use more and more.
I SO relate to that. I think with some foods my tastebuds get used to the flavor. And I need more of it to create the same taste.

Syckgirlsfv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
Sorry to all you who are freezing!!! We are having 70 - 80 degree whether...all week. It's 73 today and will get as high as 86 by Friday
Oh no no no. I do not want to hear about warm weather that does not involve perpetual white stuff falling from the sky. No No No I won't hear it I hope you like your new classes. That way it will make taking all three easier.

Ian, re: stopping oats, have you trued a non gluten breakfast grain?

Novangel I am sorry to head the saga of the Pasta with alfredo sauce. I know that feeling of culinary regret. I bet the weight will come off easily. No damage done ( I think).

Okay,I have had a hard time sleeping. So in the middle of the night I get out of bed and cook some frozen chicken sausage. Its very low calorie. But it has made it so I am gaining rather than losing. Even though I am not eating much of it. The good news is that the frozen sausage is gone. Bad news, there is other food in the refrigerator.

So the total from Sunday night changed. 130 calories was added to it in the middle of the night. Revised calories for yesterday is about 1250

Monday's calories is about 980. When the Dr cut back on the thyroid medication it really made it hard to lose anything. If i keep my calories down to about 1100 I can lose slowly. Anything above causes gain or maintenence. I should make an apt with the naturopath so she can muscle test.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Last edited by flower123; 02-09-2015 at 11:42 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:45 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

CoolMom--15 eh? Good for him! My two are 14 and almost 14.

Diana--I do better with single serve too. Except that last night I ate two yogurt cups and two pudding cups all at once. Doesn't always work, but it definitely helps!

Northern--oops, yes, but still basically in control so you should feel proud. AND you went to the gym.

Just got home from my brother's (upstairs) and we had a good time. I took my own snacks but ended up falling prey to some of their food anyhow. I think I'm about 910 right now though cuz it was only cinnamon hearts.

Somehow I can't imagine being under 144 for any space of time by any decent amount. It just doesn't seem possible to me. It is the lowest I've been at any point since 2010 and it seemed so impossible to get below last time I was here. I guess I just keep doing my thing and see what happens.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:55 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Flower--simulpost! I haven't tried cutting out sugar as I didn't suspect it, not being something I go for when I'm craving. Worth a shot though. I understand having a low calorie limit and gaining at points others lose. It really sucks. Maybe I should have my thyroid tested. Strange thing is I lose fairly quickly at 900 but gain at 1200. 1000, 1100 I might maintain, lose or gain depending on where the calories came from, or so I think. It seems a bit random to be honest.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:59 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 70/61/58

Thanks Flower, it's lots of fun too! I've always wanted to try boxing and only just made a start 3 months ago :-)

Calories today: 1207
Exercise: 1 hour of cardio/weights
Finch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:27 AM   #143  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Didn't get to check in yesterday due to telework and shoveling snow.
164.0 today, wasn't going to log in MFP this week, but started thinking about how much I like looking back at what I eat so got caught up on that too.

Ian you look fantastic, you should be proud, all that hard work you put in is def paying off.

Flower we're having the same weather pattern to a lesser degree, I mean less snow, we had Irwin first yesterday so it was some work getting rid of the crust, but we did it. We have the negative temps coming too, funny, I was thinking this morning "they're only calling for -8, when we moved in here it was Jan and -18" so like you said in reference to Northern we don't have it bad at all. I have to say Diana South Carolina is looking better and better, I have the weather thing on my phone so I can see the temp here and Corner, SC, always warmer there Syckgirlsfv I have Buena Park there, too, my Aunt lives there, so I have SoCal envy quite often as well

Hope everyone has a great day

Diana I like the pepperjack flavor of laughing cow and garlic and herb sometimes, the pepperjack is one of the few I can just eat by itself, good and bad qualities in a cheese...
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #144  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Work & Sleep from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste DVD
This morning: Oxycise Level 1

I took an extra, smaller dose of the antihistamine yesterday. Not sure if it helped, but my face wasn't as swollen this morning.

Calories for yesterday: 1485 +
Weigh In: 172.6
Down: .8

Have a wonderful day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 211/196/155

Height: 5'9

Been MIA!

On Saturday, I got down to 194! But I had a cheat meal (but didn't let it turn into a cheat day ) TOM is coming tomorrow (or Thursday...who knows with biology) so I'm retaining water like crazy! All that to say....

02/10/15
W: 197
Calorie Goal: ~1330

CC
Breakfast = 378
Oatmeal w/ Blueberries & Greek Yogurt
Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee Creamer

Lunch = 233
Cream of Broccoli Soup (188)
Fat-Free Cheese (45)

Dinner = 546
Fiesta Bake (375)
1/4 cup of FF Greek Yogurt (25)

Snack = 158
Nutella-Almond Butter Cookies

Exercise
Swimming through the piles of work to do

Non-Scale Victories:
Was able to take my pants off without unzipping/unbuttoning them
jessicahayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 211/196/155

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Day one of the sandwich w/Laughing Cow cheese was a success. I don't remember which LC flavor I had before, but I didn't like it. I bought two different flavors yesterday, light Swiss and white cheddar. Today I tried the white cheddar and liked it. I was having problems in the past with overdoing the honey mustard. I kept wanting to use more and more. I would even take an empty bottle, divide a full bottle between the two and then add water to thin it out. The idea would be that I would get less calories and sugar but that didn't help much. I think the sugar was triggering this. The LC cheese provided just enough moisture and flavor but didn't seem to trigger anything, (yet )
I love using LC with sandwiches!!!! My love affair with cheese is very well known and that gives me the cheese-y factor that I need without eating a block at a time
jessicahayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #147  
Warrior Princess

So I made home made baked Italian sausage with peppers last night, one of my all-time favorites. Did I stop at one sandwich? No...No, I didn't. After about 20 minutes I ate a 2nd. One is enough for a grown man, peeps. Talk about remorse and I'm paying for it. I feel sick as a dog to my stomach today. Times like this are why my weight is at a stall I'm sure. The rolls are 190 cals each so if I wanted more I should've just eaten the sausage with the bell peppers and left the bread alone. I never learn.

Tonight I'm going to have to run at least an hour. :/
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #148  

Height: 5"6

Good morning!

It is minus 52 with windchill...which is the exact same in fahrenheit and celsius. omfg I am FREEZING. I am wearing my parka as I write this!

lolololol

<--living for this moment. Come on, summer! Ugh...four more months of snow to go!

My plan is slug through the day...then work out...then skype a friend (which is AWESOME- I just mean it is hard knowing its 8 am and my day until 9 pm is planned out. Sigh).

May your days be warmer and less planned than mine!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #149  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

They are calling for 81 degrees here in Los Angeles today...this is what keeps me here! I was born here and grew up in Fountain Valley / Huntington beach (on the border) and sometimes I get so annoyed at how much more everything costs here, but then I remember there is no weather like this anywhere else! I do still think I want to move to Vegas someday and work as an accountant for MGM Grand or Caesars. I can buy a huge house over there for 250K - here you can't get anything good for under 500K and that's a small house! sigh

B - chicken cilantro wanton soup
L - deli chicken (low sodium, nitrate free)/asiago cheese/just mayo on sandwhich thin
S - trekk mix if necessary

I'll ride my bike by myself after work - maybe just 11 miles. Poor DH can't go since he's sick.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #150  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Hey everyone!

W 162.4 (down)
B egg on toast, decaf with milk
L roasted veg, chicken sausage
D chicken noodle soup, blood orange

That will bring me to 900 calories.

Still loving the twogrand app. It was just the change or something new I needed to reel my motivation back in.

Flower, my pooch is a shih-tzu. Can't say I would get that breed again but he's been my little shadow and a good dog.

Northern, I can't even comprehend that level of cold. Nope. I'm Imaging surviving the night in the belly of a tauntaun (Luke Skywalker).

I've made plans for a bike ride on the rail trail tomorrow. It won't be warm but hopefully it won't be raining. My teenager agreed to go with! A rarity.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote