Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Diana--damn re pill. Hope you will be ok.

Kelijpa--thanks. I still feel stressed out. I'm working today and not feeling right. I like the phone a lot though. It came with a health app that has a pedometer but the weight function is in kg and you can't seem to change it so I haven't used it much. I will look for the one you mentioned.

Wed 1600 cals Thursday up 1.6 to 145.6
Thurs 1320 cals Friday up 1.0 to 146.6
This is ridiculous. Where is my maintenance window? 1000-1100? Is it that tiny and low? Not that I'm trying to maintain but ef. You'd think I was eating 3000 a day the way I'm gaining. I guess it's water and food but h.

I feel mental. I'm still worried about my dad. He has a test scheduled on Tues. I'm back to work today, tomorrow and Sunday. I have no energy and I'm second guessing everything.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #92  

Hi all
Mossy, great to see you again. I am sorry your adrenals are not good. I have been dealing with adrenal depletion. Was taking a homeopathic combo supplement for it. Now just taking bovine adrenal

Diana, I hope that the lapse in supplement for the angioderma will be okay. Saying a big prayer.

Kelijpa, I hope you are not going to get the 3 days of snow that is forecasted for much of the northeast. I think we will get 12-15 over 3 days. Enough already.

Fluffy, thinking of you during this time.

Ian, Salmon en croute, Smoked salmon and cream cheese, caviar, Trout Pate. I could curl up with any of them, and more on the list.

Northern, sorry but your post made me laugh. Sorry you ate the cookie. But I can understand. It was there. You were there.... need I say more?

Novangel, I hear ya re the snow and cold. Are you getting that warm up that much of the mid west is getting? Or are you too far east for that?

Jessica, I am so impressed you are training for a 10k. Good for you !

Finch, As someone who has a deep and abiding aversion to exercise, I am in admiration of the cardio and weights

CoolMom and everyone else

Roads were good on Thursday. I did go out. Big mistake. I ate my way through the day. I am up 3.6 lbs from Thursday morning weight. So I will have to be much more careful in the forseeable future. Hopefully Saturday will be better. Well, it WILL be better. I will make sure of it. I am going to make a committment to the trampoline. I am not going to do it much. Just 10 minutes. But at least that's something. I hope you all have a geat Friday.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday. Happy weekend !!!

Last edited by flower123; 02-06-2015 at 03:16 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #93  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

HI everyone!!! I'm back! I got back at 9:00 last night...drove through dessert in pitch darkness last night, it was weird and creepy but fun

We had a blast - I didn't win money but I played craps for hours each night and only gave up 35 bucks, so I call that success. I walked SO much! The hall at the convention center was a LONG walk from the monorail, and I walked it to and fro a bunch of times. I would go with DH in the morning, then leave around noon or so and walk back to the monorail, then go back around 4 and do it all over again! The first day I used mapmyride, and I walked more than 6 miles. Plus I didn't really do a lot of eating, either. I drank a lot, though lots of apple martinis at the craps table!

my scale battery died this morning...maybe that's good. LOL I don't know what I weigh today!

ok, today:

B - none. couldn't bear to eat my oatmeal...
L - classic chicken wrap (chicken breast, tomato, romaine, light mayo on a wheat pita)
S - none
D - who knows.

DH woke up not feeling well and sounding bad this morning. I'll let him decide what's for dinner, since when your sick only certain things are appetizing. Glad to be back, time to get on track again because June is 4 months away!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 02-06-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:20 PM   #94  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
Ian, I totally agree! I have been running a base of 3 miles forever and it just wasn't cutting it anymore. I have definitely noticed improvement in the love handles department by stepping it up to 4 miles the past few weeks. I will for sure keep 4 as a base and throw in 5 (or 6) miles occasionally like you suggested.

jessicahayes, yes the winters here are very long, very cold, and very annoying. I'm sure when we retire in a million years we will become those people that fly south for the winter. I don't think I could ever leave permanently. Chicago Summer's rock and I love our city.

I can't believe TOM is almost due again. *SIGH* Seems like it just ended ffs.

The Walking Dead finally returns Sunday!!
You are in Chicago?? Alllll of my family history research is in Chicago and I would LOVE(!) to go there sometime, mostly to the Bohemian National Cemetery.
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:46 PM   #95  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

TTOM started messing with me today. I thought something was up the last couple of days since I woke early. I was doing fine today and then wham, my attitude changed. I could tell it was hormones. A sales rep had to deal with Diana's wrath, too. LOL It seemed like everything fought me and took twice as long to get done. I ended up not even doing a workout. When we got back in town TTOM showed up for 2 days. This seems like a similar situation. I'll see how tomorrow goes. It just ended on Jan 31. Who knows what's up. I have been checked out and the Dr. couldn't find anything wrong. Maybe it's part of the "change".

I'm not going to do personals tonight. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention. I ate a sandwich, yogurt, apple for lunch for the longest time. I got frustrated because I was having problems finding the lunch meat, or the bread, or this or that. It was always something. The grocery store I use has had a face lift. Since the first of the year I have seen all of my original lunch stuff. I bought what I need and will go back to my old lunch. I liked the soup, but hate making it every morning. Also, today I couldn't find some of the things I need for the soup.

Total Approx 1545 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 calories)
Chicken zoodle soup made w/chicken, chicken bone broth, zoodles, & trinity veggies 300 calories
apple 100 calories

Dinner (745 calories)
Grilled chicken 300 calories
2 coconut shrimp 170 calories
bread 75 calories
steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
None
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:33 PM   #96  

Diana--sounds like a bear of a work day. Do you get weekends off? Me thinks that would be in order. I hate when I can't find my trusted foods at the store. Has the store "facelift" been good or bad for you?

Alaskan--are you a genealogy fan? I have always wanted to get into that. My dad's family has samurai ancestors and my mom's I don't know..British I think.

Syckgirlsfv--welcome home! So glad you had a good time! Sounds like you moved a lot so hopefully the drinks won't hurt you. I hope your hubby doesn't get hit too hard with this sickness.a

Flower--3.6 should come off fast. I know you can do it. What do you do when you get on the trampoline? It sounds kinda fun and I hate exercise!

Mossy, Finch, Sensual, Ian, Kelijpa, Novangel, Jessica, Northern, everyone.

Today was ok. Tried to do my best with my students and be present and not let my mood and energy low leak out. I found myself judging myself all day though. I think this is just a low mood side effect. Or maybe I was just more aware of something I do normally.

Sitting at 700 cals right now. Hoping those two extra pounds come off fast. I was so happy to get to 144. 146.6 this morn after all the eating associated with family events.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:44 PM   #97  

Syckgirlsfv, glad you had fun in Vegas. Great that you got to play all that time and were only down 35 dollars. cheap entertainment.

Diana, I hope tomorrow is better for you. If not maybe you can wear a sign asking people to give you lots of space..... for their own well being as well as yours. You could decorate it with glitter so people would find it attractive I DO hope tomorrow is better though

Fluffy, I think its understandable that you went into some negative patterns re: judging yourself. I think that when we are in challenging situations it compromises our own buffer zone, if that makes sense. As for the 2 lbs, I think its pretty good you managed to gain only 2. What goes up will come down. Its the law of physics. Okay, maybe I am taking that out of context Still it is true for you. You asked what I do on the trampoline. I just jog in place. It can be made more difficult by raising knees up higher or by doing it more quickly. Because it is a trampoline it is not as hard on the joints and spine

Today, about 1060 calories. I did the jogging/mini trampoline for 10 minutes. I will do 5 or more later. Exercise and I have an adversarial relationship. So 15 min is pretty good. Just looked out the window. Snowing again. I feel like I am being held captive in a snow globe. Well, they say it may not snow next Wednesday. But I am not holding my breath

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Last edited by flower123; 02-06-2015 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 PM   #98  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Checking in with my string of off plan days.

Calories the last three days: 1651, 2640 and 1938. No exercise and feeling tired. I was hoping to do a long bike ride tomorrow but the rain is relentless. I'll try and do something.

I keep reading your updates and rooting for you all.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:01 AM   #99  

Hi CoolMom! Good to know you're still with us.

Flower--thanks. It's hard to give myself a break. I don't have a relationship with exercise at all so you're doing well!

Well, I'm in bed and I'm at 900 cals. Back on track. For today at least.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:31 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 70/61/58

Haha thanks Flower and trust me, I used to be the same! It's taken years for me to actually enjoy exercise :-)

Calories in today: 1197
Exercise: 30 min walk/run
Finch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:07 AM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

No yoga or stretch for last night.
This morning: Oxycise Level 1

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 172.8 (TTOM - yesterday, not sure what today will bring will it be more drama or less drama? Stay tuned. )
Down: 1 pound

Fluffypuppy We do have the weekends off! I still go in as needed and might actually need to do some work today. We'll see how fast my butt moves this morning. I also go to work so I can workout in my office. But at least if I go to work on the weekends I don't have the deal with other people, and I can actually get things done. The store remodel is a good thing. I don't know why the had cut back on carrying a lot of the things I was buying but now they have them again. Good job getting through your day and doing your best for your students.

Flower Good job on the trampoline! Ha Ha I probably do need a sign. I have tried to make sure that I keep an open line of communication with my DH about all of this. I let him how I'm feeling at the moment, etc so he will know it's not his fault and I may aggravated for no reason, etc. He's the type who doesn't know what to say, so he just kinda looks at me. I can tell he's being supportive in his own way but he can't fix it and doesn't know what to do. We work together so I think it's important for us to communicate about all of this.

CoolMom Good to see you check in. UGH! On the rain! Our yard is squishy from all the rain. At least it's not snow and ice for us. Sending some your way.

Finch Good job on your day.

Waving Hi all around! Have a great day!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

I have a question that I am trying to work through right now. I mentioned about going back to eating sandwiches at lunch. In the past I have used honey mustard. The one I use is the lowest calorie and lowest sodium. I am also trying to avoid food that cause problems with my thyroid. Mustard can cause problems. I know "everything in moderation" but I would like to avoid it on a daily basis. Also, I have a history of starting to use too much of the honey mustard. I can easily overdo anything, it's always a struggle. I was trying to figure out another low calorie, low sodium condiment that I can use, that I will like. I also prefer it to be individual packages so I don't "abuse" it. In the past I have used those little containers of avocado. (I can't remember the name) The calories were too high so I would use only 1/2 of a little container but the next day it wasn't too appealing. It had also become hard to find. Of course now I see it everywhere. Go figure. Maybe I need to look into that option again too. I was thinking about trying one of these. It's a processed food and not exactly what I am looking for. But I don't see anything that will cause problems with my thyroid, the sodium is fine, calories are low enough, and it's individually packaged so I won't eat too much. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

http://thelaughingcow.com/products/creamy-light-swiss/
http://thelaughingcow.com/products/c...white-cheddar/

Here's where mustard is listed as a goitrogen: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/goitrogens/
Old 02-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #103  

Diana, I know this would not come in packages, but if you want to mix low calorie mayo http://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Natur.../dp/B0007KNXGQ with prepared bottled horseradish it might help. I would have to think about another suggestion. That's the one that comes to mind.

Coolmom, Sorry you are getting "relentless rain". The west coast rain has been in the news a lot

More personals later. Going to try to go out before the 3 day storm and get some fish and cumin. And mail a valentine to the UK. It is snowing out. But not as much as it will be tonight through Tuesday AM. Damn this snowglobe

Last edited by flower123; 02-07-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #104  
Warrior Princess

Flower, yes we're going to get a little warmer weather this weekend. It will be a nice break.

Alaskan, definitely worth the money to come here. Chicago is a blast and there's so much to do and see that it would take a month before you might get bored. So many museums, music festivals, theatres, amazing food (be impossible not to gain weight - only downside) and gorgeous beach that's almost as good as the ocean. I moved to the burbs a few years back but it's only a 30 minute drive to the city. Definitely best to come sometime in mid June till early October. Hottest in July and August. The Fall is nice but can't go to the beach. Depends on what you're looking to do.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #105  

Height: 5"6

Hey team- good morning! (Yup- it's 1 pm but it was a wild night!)

In regards to the cookie- it was a heart-shaped sugar cookie with pink icing. I'm not a miracle worker! I usually do either a run OR boot camp but two days in a row, I did BOTH to make up for it!

Last night was a surprise party for a friend and OMG THE SWEET RELEASE OF NOT HAVING TO KEEP A SECRET ANYMORE! I ate and drank a ridiculous amount but I feel good- we danced a lot of it away!

I did measurements today and the legacy of the pear lives on! My itty bitty chest shrank even more (what the actual f*ck) and my hips didn't budge. Oh well...I'm all about that bass! I am a proud 35 31 42- size small on the top, size XL on the bottom!

haha I am glad to see movement on the high waist so that's a step in the right direction! I am also noticing an increase in my push up stamina- yay!

Have a great day, all!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

Last edited by NorthernChick13; 02-07-2015 at 04:50 PM.
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote