Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 07:47 AM   #196  
deleted2

I'm off to work, and I don't have time to respond to evryone personally, But I'm paying attention, I know what's happening and I really do care.

I gotta throw a congrats out to Frogger tho---buying a house is a HUGE milestone!

About Susan Powter: Garry and I drove 1 1/2 hours to get to the bookstore; I was so excited that I was going to get to meet her----and after waiting with a small [but appreciative] group for 40 minutes the store manager came over and told us that she wasn't going to make it because he had given her the wrong directions and there was no way she could backtrack in time. I was so pissed at him!!! 1 1/2 hours! She's stopping by the bookstore this morning to just sign the books, and I'm sure he'll have his *** chewed good and proper then!
So that's the anticlimactic end to that story---I was so disappointed! Wah!

Old 06-24-2003, 09:08 AM   #197  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Frogger, huge congrats on your new house. It sounds fabulous! May it bring you great joy!

"She's stopping by the bookstore this morning to just sign the books, and I'm sure he'll have his *** chewed good and proper then!"

ROTFL! I bet you're right! Boy, did HE pick the wrong gal to mess with!
Old 06-24-2003, 10:27 AM   #198  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Fist of all, congratulations on the house Frogger! Remember, even though the payments are scary now, they stay the same even if there is inflation, so it all works out ok. That has been my mantra since we bought our house two years ago and it is just comming to fruition.

I ahve officially been in remission for 2 1/2 years. Had the apointment yesterday and it is all looking good. (gigantic sigh of relief)

I am at work now and it is going ok. I am tired but that is not too unusual, especially since I was up late studying. The coffee shop was pretty empty last night becuase a lot of the regulars are AA members and they all had meeting last night.

I am really sorry about Susan Powter. That is a long drive.

Today at work I think I am going to try and find some justification for reading the two new afirmative action supreme court cases. I am one of about a billion law students signed on to an amicus brief in support of the law school admission policy that was upheld.

Well, back to work.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:51 AM   #199  
Is it Friday yet?

Tuesday!

Isn't it summer?? I woke up to a temperature of 32 degrees this morning - my heater kicked on! Yeah, I love the high desert - freezing in the morning, and 90 during the day...

Didn't eat enough yesterday, and no exercise (1 1/2 hour phone call with our Bo-Beena - blame her! ). Yesterday was only Monday though and I will get my exercise in this week!

WSW, I'd love to send you some of our cool weather! I seem to remember you being in Florida??? I thought of you the other day when I heard about the flooding that happened recently down there - donno' why, you're probably nowhere near there!

Arabella, I'm sure you're right that it'll get better. Everyone I've known that's given up something they enjoy for their own good has had a good case of the crankies. Look at it from our perspective, I don't know anyone trying to give up their favorite foods that's "happy" about it!
Oh, and yes, I feel like I'm about 8 years old going to bed when it's still light out! My Dad thinks I'm odd kid because I've told him to not call me past 9pm during the work week (retirement must be nice!).

Kaylets, sorry to hear about your bad news. Honestly though, it sounds like you still handled it pretty well. You threw out things that weren't tasty?? That deserves kudos - since when does taste have anything to do with eating to make yourself feel better???? You did something good!

Frogger - Congratulations homeowner!!!!! (and welcome back, you were missed!)

Eydie - Oh, yea they're gonna get an earful from Ms. Powter! That bites that you didn't get to meet her... hopefully she'll show up again. She's done a few women's conferences in Portland and I've been tempted to go see her.

Q o' the day - What can I do to make today special?
I think making a point of laughing everyday, talking to at least 1 person you care about (I owe 2 people phone calls today!), and seeing *today* as a day to be enjoyed - to LIVE this day regardless of what's going on.
I've wished away so much of the last 4 years. Saying things like "I can't wait until my divorce is over.... I can't wait for next weekend, I wish it would be _____ (insert date here)", and now "I can't wait for Mom's stuff to be over with". Of course the ultimate is not doing things because of my weight (thinking I'll do this, that, or some other thing someday when I'm thin).
So what happens to all the days in between? If you don't live them, you loose them. To make today special I'm going to live it.

Ok, that's as deep as I'm gonna get today!

Toodles for now,
Terri
Old 06-24-2003, 10:58 AM   #200  
Is it Friday yet?

Zadie, this is the 2nd time I've posted at the same time as you and missed your message! I second your thoughts to Frogger on the house payments - scary, but they don't change (most, like mine, actually even go down after 5 years) *and* you get that itsy tax break!

Wonderful news about your Dr.'s appointment! I must've missed it though, may I ask what you're in remission from?

Terri
Old 06-24-2003, 12:18 PM   #201  
caffeine free!

Howdy,
Terri - It must be a common habit that makes us post at the same time - get to work, check boards for a while, post message.

I am in remission for cervical cancer. I know I have mentioned it somewhere, but I do not know if it was on this thread.

Re: house - forgot about that tax break. Very nice. Depending on the size of the mortgage, the interest rate and your income it can be a huge tax break, especially in the first ten years when it feels like all you are paying is interest.

I am torn between needing to get a bunch done today becuase next week is my last week at work for a whole month, and not really waning to get too invested in any project becuasse next week is my last week at work for a whole month.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:20 PM   #202  

Zadie, WTG on your continuing remission!

Punkin, I WISH the problem was that he was cranky because of cutting down on his drinking. He's still drinking copious amounts on the weekend and trying to keep to a double G&T or two or a few glasses of wine through the week. It's really only when he's not drinking at all that I've seen things get better, but I haven't really seen him drink moderately enough to know what that would be like. He doesn''t get plastered, but drinks a lot. I'm feeding him nutritional yeast, because I know that alcohol depletes B vitamins that we need to control stress levels.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #203  
Is it Friday yet?

Arabella, I'm sorry, I must've misread your post... You're very smart to find your way of dealing, and to take care of you - find your joy. I really think it's what keeps us going in hard times.
Ok, so he's got no legit reason for being pissy then.... pass 'em around the thread and we'll have a little talkie with him! (hang in there ok?)

Zadie - Congrats again on the results... I'd wondered about the comment you made about "massages at your clinic" when we were discussing my Mom and chemo (knowing you were in an attorney's office) - now I know, you'd be in the know! (ya know?)
And yes, it sounds like we do have similar habits - 'cept mine is done West coast time! I'm in at 6:30 pacific time, download email, skim some, read some, go to the newest posts on the thread.... tomarrow I'll pause for a cup of coffee and maybe see your post!

Hi ho, hi ho....

Terri
Old 06-24-2003, 07:59 PM   #204  
wsw

hi all!

frogger-congratulations on your new home! that is very exciting. i hope you will be very happy there.

Eydie-sorry it didn't work out for you to see/meet Susan Powter-and especially after that long drive!

zadie k- so glad your results were good at your doctor's appt.!

i'm in nc, punkin. very hot and humid here.

hi also to arabella, kaylets, and all. i have been making better food choices more and more lately, which i'm glad about. hope everyone has a ood evening. thinking of you. take care.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:08 PM   #205  

Good evening, Sparklers! Flare seems to be easing and hopefully I'll be keeping more current. Lots went on while I was away.

Doubled meds have brought back my appetite. I've been able so far to avoid the prednisone so as not to eat like mad but forgot that just the meds seem to do it. It's really only been yesterday and today that I seem to want to eat a horse so hopefully I have not done too much damage yet. I seem to have lost motivation. Hope it comes back with a bang. Really not long left on this challenge.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:33 AM   #206  

We're having a heat wave! Don't remember the next verse but its true! And just Sunday I was wearing a sweat shirt! Here we go!

Realized by midday yesterday, I was not as "in contol" as I thought-- A stress full situation happened at work and I really overreacted. And hit the candy dish too. And then, was so exhausted an hour or so later. Today is A FRESH START.

Anagram- How frustrating that the meds you need are increasing your appetite!!

Frogger- That was just a joke about the ramen noodles and macaroni right??? - and the house sounds lovely!! Are there gardens too??

Arabella- Been there, luckily, it changed but there were many dark moments. At the worst, it didnt matter if I left or not. Luckily,
one morning's hangover must have hurt more than all the others and that was the end. We all have to make our own decisions -- we all know how much we will allow.

To everyone I didnt mention- Hello, how are you, congrats on lbs down, and bravo to us all!

Thought of the day:

"You are what you repeatedly do,"
--Aristotle

=====================
Question of the day:

"Is having a sense of humor the same as being funny?"
-- Table Topics
=======================

Take care all! Got to get to the postoffice !
Old 06-25-2003, 06:47 AM   #207  

Yeesh. I was just finishing off a message and stupidly hit the back arrow to look for other messages I wanted to reply to. Wish I wouldn't do that!

I'm still ailing here and planning to get even more focused on health. Life is hard enough without getting sick at the drop of a hat.

Love to all -- Let's make this a good day!
Old 06-25-2003, 10:09 AM   #208  
caffeine free!

Hello,
We had monster storms last night. Now, I generally lik rain and it helps me sleep, but not when it is leaking in arround the air conditioner. We also have some issues with out chimney that we put in for the woodstove if the rain is the super hard sideways rain.

There are some things that we have control of and some things that we do not. The difficult part is figuring out which is which and concentrating on the things that we can control. I think that is one of the appeals of changing your lifestyle: you can take control and know it is in your hands.

So...I have a full deck of guilt free cards for all takers becuase yesterday is now the past and today is a new begining.

QOD: Very different. I think that someone who is funny can make people laugh, while someone who has a sense of humor can recognize that something is funny, but cannot necessarily convey humor to others. Plus there are some funny people who cannot recognize the humor in life, while there are some people with a sense of humor who can find the core irony of any situation.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:55 AM   #209  
Is it Friday yet?

Wonderful Wednesday!

My exercise for the next couple'a weeks is painting. I found my bedroom color, my bathroom color and 3 colors that I want to sponge on to one wall in my front room (then paint the other walls one of the colors that's been sponged). I still have a mountain of red rock to finish dispursing too....

I bought a new Tanita scale last night. My old one weighs in .5 increments and whole body fat percentages. The new one weighs in .2 increments and .1 in body fat. Turns out my old scale is right on for the weight, but was registering about 2% high for my body fat. I *am* shrinking! The $70 is worth the extra motivation it's already given me!

Has anyone thought about the next challenge? The 4th is a week from this Friday!!!!
The next logical chunk o' time is Labor Day (Sept. 1st) which is 8 weeks. Or, does anyone else know of any other holiday - no matter how obscure - that we could aim for?? I checked earthcalendar.net and found:
8/10 Family Day (US)
8/11 Hero's Day (Zimbabwe)
8/18 Discover Day (Canada)

What's next Firecrackers??

Arabella, I hope you're feeling better soon. Nothing's worse than the weather turning summery and feeling like poop.

Anagram, I'm glad the flare is easing. You have my sympathies on the prednisone! They put me on it in '99 to temporarily stop a cluster headache and by the end of the week I was ready to sleep in front of the fridge! Stepfather's still on it too for his RA - it makes him a bit bear'ish at times. Hang in there!

to everyone!

Anyone ever hear from Dollar anymore????

Q o' the day - I agree with Zadie, humor and being funny are two different things. I think she said it perfectly so I'll just say "yea, what she said".

Terri
Old 06-25-2003, 11:06 AM   #210  

Ditto for me -- Zadie said it! I would just add that my favorites are people who are both funny and have a sense of humor!

Zadie, I like rain too. Love to watch lightning storms! My sisters and I used to run right out and dance around when we had torrential downfalls. However, it takes on a whole different effect when it won't stay outside where it belongs....

Kaylets, I didn't see you sneak in there! I wish my DH would get hangovers the way I do. I would feel like total crap if I drank as much as he does. Sometimes 3 glasses of wine makes me feel horrible the next day. One of a good number of reasons that I drink moderately.

Punkin, Labor Day sounds good to me. I like 8 weeks as a chunk of time. Man - you are just flying, too! Imagine where you're going to be by then
Closed Thread