Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 08:16 AM   #226  

Good morning. Ooh, Wood Nymph, I like the name Ivy (name of a good friend of Mom's who was a war bride from England and is the sweetest soul) but I think Arabella really suits you. I've been thinking since yesterday and can't think of any other name that seems to suit me but what I have. Maybe Patricia, my chosen confirmation name or Suz, what DH calls me. But no big light bulb.

On saving from fire, first would probably be a folder with financial info that I have (but seldom update) for just such purpose. Only because it would make life so much easier (and I'm SO practical). Then it would be as many pictures, albums, family videos as I could muster, I think.

I sort of faced this in a less immediate situation when we evacuated during Three Mile Island. Even the pictures didn't seem as important as I had thought (some could be replaced by family and friends). I finally did take with me two Hummel figurines; there really was no room to take them all but I made room in the suitcase for those and a couple of antique rings that gave me pleasure.

But today's a better day, supposed to be less humid, and we're off for one of my best antidepressants. Heading to DDs today to play with the princesses again. Back tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:10 AM   #227  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Eeek. Yesterday was not my best. Ok with the calories, but way over on the fat grams. It was the cheese that really did it to me. O well, today I know I will eat properly, and yesterday I resisted the temptation to give up writing things down once I knew I went over.

I ahve no idea what I would save. Maybe my passport? My favorite thing in the house is the woodstove, but it is not portable. Maybe the rocking chair?

Today it is nice and cool out. The high is only supposed to get to about 70F. Actually this is just the way I like it. If it does not rain I will study outside.

I agree with everyone that time is moving super fast. Maybe after the bar I can slow it down a bit.

So my sister is trying to decide on baby names (not yet pregnant, but she is an over achiever). Her girls name is chosen and everyone agrees (it is my first name, Margaret), but they are stuck on boys names. Her husband is very into old school names (as in Roland and Clarence, both of which he loves and she thinks indicate that their child will become a paste addict) and hates modern names (thank goodness there will be no soap opera names). So any ideas? They can't use John (long story).

At any rate, I am off to get some work done.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:43 AM   #228  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Zadie, I think -- since this is all hypothetical -- you can take your woodstove. Enjoy!

One of my favorite boy's names is Frank. It's my ex-DH's name, so I don't often get the opportunity to recommend it, but I really like it. Not the name of a paste-eater, i don't think...
Old 06-27-2003, 11:41 AM   #229  
Momma Frog

Hey Zadie I was named after a girl on a soap opera!!!!!!!!!

But anyhoo-We've already picked out our baby names as well. (guess we're over achievers too!! ) Have had them picked out a long time.
Jayna Robyn and Brandon Gabriel.

Ok back to work...

Last edited by frogger; 06-27-2003 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:00 PM   #230  
Is it Friday yet?

Friday!!

I've been at work almost 3 hours and I haven't lifted a finger.... I feel a little guilty, but I figure next week, Mom's probably starting chemo (find out this afternoon for sure) and next week I'll be making up for my laaazy bones today. Besides, I'm the office manager and I say I've earned it!

Started painting my room last night (sleeping in paint fumes made for some interesting dreams) and the color is purdy! It's a soft sage or mossy color.

Anagram, thanks for the MSM info. I'll pass along the information!

Arabella - yes, all hail the Goddess of Lycra! Very cool about getting into the capris.

Cerise, glad you're back. Harry will be to blame for my lack of work next week (just got book last night). Thank you for the good reviews Cerise and Zadie too - one of my best friends said it was "ok" but Harry got on her nerves... I had to tell her like 5 times - NO SPOILERS!!!!!!

Zadie, you could give it a positive spin and be thankful that you went over in fat grams on something like cheese, which has at least some nutritional value - better than eating junk!

As for names, I like Sam as an old fashioned boy name. With my last name it would *never* work though. We also have (or had) a Marshall, Everett and Hayden in our family which are all old names that I like too. My Dad's middle name is Dewey - I'd avoid that name like the plague - even *I* teased my Dad about it!

Today's goal - drink that water!!! I've been so dehydrated....

Happy weekend everyone!
Terri
( Punkin o' Friday now declares it Friday and insists you all dance)

Last edited by Punkinseed; 06-27-2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:22 PM   #231  
Hot Stuff

Whoo Hooo!! I went shopping this morning, on my first day off of five! Hit Northern Reflections, which I love, love, love, and came out with two pairs of crop pants, two pairs of shorts, and four t-shirts! Everything I bought was buy one, get one half price. I'm all set for the next couple of months...just have to buy some new sandals for work. Luckily I can wear shorts, tees and sandals to my office. What a great way to spend the morning! I was out at 7:30 for a car appointment, so I've been on the go since 6am....on my day off!

This afternoon is going to be a major cleaning day to get it all out of the way so I can enjoy my extended weekend. Grocery shopping at some point today, too.

For anyone expecting babies, PLEASE tell them not use trendy spellings...they may look neat, but that poor kid will have to spell his/her name for people for his/her ENTIRE life! Take it from me...I have an unusual name and rarely get called by the proper name and have to spell it all the time. It's a right pain in the ***! Your child will have many ways to express that they are unique individuals. Don't curse them with unusual spellings!

Arabella, congrats on the capris! What a pleasant discovery! I rather like the name Ivy.

Frogger, congrats on the house!

Punkin, you tell your Mom she's got a bunch of us with her when she goes for her chemo. I'm the one on her shoulder with a sharp little pitchfork, ready to poke anyone who doesn't treat her properly! Still sending good vibes...

Must get at the cleaning while I'm still enthused....that cleaning vibe can wear off so quickly!
Old 06-27-2003, 02:19 PM   #232  
deleted2

Just wanted to fly in and say that Susan Powter is going to be in a town only 30 min. away tonight and we're going to try it again. Very excited!

Ack! No time---but I have to say that I adore your full name, Arabella. When I first heard it I had visions of a clever British detective, with a wild side of course!

I'm listening to the new HP on audio and am loving it--and I'm with Terri---NO SPOILERS!

Wildfire, how's BFL going? I'm still doing it, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. "Free day" is a nightmare, I don't like it strangely enough!

I'd love the name 'Chalice' for myself. One of my favorite symbols and I'd love to be a worthy vessel!!!
If I could save one thing from the fire, I'd go for my new goddess statue who's now enthroned on a bed of moss. Lovely...

Enjoy your day w/ the princesses, Anagram!

Hi Zadie, Bo-Beena, Frogger, wsw, Kaylets, Cerise, Scooby and all! I'll let you know how things go with Miss Powter!

Old 06-27-2003, 03:09 PM   #233  
Is it Friday yet?

Cool Eydie! Say "hey" to Susan for us!

Have you considered calling ahead to make sure she was given good directions??

Can't wait to hear how it was.

Terri
Old 06-27-2003, 05:32 PM   #234  
Spreadin' the luv.

Talking Singin' the Friday song...

Hello, ladies!

Ahhh, I LOVE the name Ivy, Arabella! You're so lucky!

My real name is Cerissa (sounds like Teresa, Punkin! ). Unfortunately, people mispronounce it a lot and one person actually told me that the pronounciation is phonetically incorrect due to the spelling. Puh-LEEZ. "Cerissa" seems a bit girly and prissy to me, though, so I ask people to call me "Cerise". If I could change my name, which I don't really want to do, mind you, I would call myself "Soleil", pronounced "so-LAY", which means "sun" in French. Goes with my personality, either cheerful and light or about to scorch your behind.

Weigh-in today. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna like what I see (major pigging on Veggie Booty this week), but there are two things I have to keep doing no matter how badly the fitness process goes: I have to keep weighing in and keep checking in here. That way, I can see all of you struggling and encouraging and succeeding, and if I let myself go to pot, well, at least I'll force myself to watch my downward spiral on a scale. Or upward spiral, I should say. Nah. I'm just going to keep along. I'll get it right eventually.

So, love to you all and have a wonderful weekend. Mine involves a lot of church. If I don't check in Monday come and get me. I'll be asleep in one of the pews.

Lovies to you dovies.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:35 PM   #235  
Spreadin' the luv.

Oh, yeah, and I LOVED the new Harry Potter!!!!! I got a bit depressed after it was finished, really. How pathetic, but I don't care. Enjoy, my girls. Me, I'm off fiction until I can get the sodding house cleaned.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:50 AM   #236  
Gonna be strong and fit!

Default "flamin' friday"

Hello ladies, I am quite behind I can see.
Kalyets, it is very uncanny, the timing of todays QOD.

This evening I left with DD to go to the store. When I came back home I couldn't get down the street to get to my court. All I could see were fire trucks and police cars! Thank goodness I could see my husband in our driveway(we live on the end)so I knew he was ok. We had to drive the long way around to get to my house. It was the longest 5 minutes, not knowing what was going on. As we came closer to our house we saw a fire in the fields near our home so we thought that was it. Not the case, sadly, at the end of the court , our neighbor's house burned. My dd and I were only gone about 40 min. In that time his house caught on fire, exploded out the windows(brand new, just installed) and was put out when we arrived. Isn't it amazing what can happen in such a short time. Thankfully, the neighbor was outside and is unharmed other than shock. His home is still standing but that is about it. It is completely burned up! He is an elderly man and his son has been cleaning up the yard, new windows, and getting ready to paint. My DD really likes this man and was very upset. She said she wanted to donate all her birthday money($155) to him so he could rebuild his home, can you believe it, she almost had me in tears. She can sure be a pain sometimes but at moments like that I was so proud of her! She has been wanting to get a hamster for a long time, that is what she is using her money for and yet she was willing to give it away to help him. I have to tell you guys my greatest fear is for my house to burn down. Give me floods and earthquakes but don' t you dare burn my house. And to answer the question of the day, it would be my negatives so I could reprint my photos and rescrapbook the memories.

Sorry for the long story, I had to share. As I type there is still fire trucks in my court. Don't know how much I will sleep tonight. I will catch up on all posts tomorrow. My hand is hurting I need to give it a rest. Thank you for listening. Bo-Beena

Last edited by Bo-Beena; 06-28-2003 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:36 AM   #237  

Default Simply Saturday!

Hello all!

Big yard sale here this weekend! DH is putting out signs as we speak - nearly 30 of them- big plain hands pointing left or right and above that spelled out in very big bold letters "LEFT " or "RIGHT" -- Who can read those signs with all the writing anyway?
So, hoping to sort, sell, and enjoy being outside today and tomorrow-

Today's thought is also today's question--

"What is your favorite saying or quote for inspiration and/or motivation?"

Take care all!
Old 06-28-2003, 11:52 AM   #238  
deleted2

Bo-Beena, what a scary thing to happen so close! It's amazing how quickly things can happen. And I was touched by your daughter's generosity too---sweet!

Cerise, you're right; it may be 4 steps forward and 3 steps back, but we're moving ever onward--no giving up!

Punkinseed, funny you should mention directions. My husband e-mailed her publicist who actually asked for directions! Susan is traveling in an RV that she says looks like a rolling bordello [I can only imagine!], and is making rather impromptu stops in small towns across the country.
Let me just go on record right now saying I LOVE SUSAN POWTER! I think she's one of those people that you either love or not. She's a tiny little thing and she has hair now, or at least extensions, the color of cotton candy and she has a goddess tatoo around her navel. She's as 'high energy' as ever too! She spoke for an hour at a bookstore and we were all mesmerized; she drew quite a crowd. We were on the front row and that's the place to be if you want to get close to her. She gets right in your face and uses you as a prop and it was wonderful!
One thing that I noticed about her is she seems to genuinely love people and when we were in the line for book signing, whover was in front of her was getting her full attention for as long as they wanted and she stayed there till everyone was done. And she did it for free--she just wants to sell her new self-published book "The Politics of Stupid" and her new website.
I could go on and on about her. I'm SOOO happy I got to meet her. One day I'd like to be as juicy as she is! I still feel energized today!

Kaylets, are you buying or selling in this big yard sale today? Has the hunter become the hunted?

I love today's question and am eager to see everyone's answers. One of my favorite quotes is the one at the bottom of my posts, a Scandinavian proverb. Another that I employ is a quote attributed to St. Theresa: "Cultivate holy boldness, for God helps the strong." I love that turn of phrase, 'holy boldness'!

Old 06-29-2003, 06:56 AM   #239  

Smile Scrumptious Sunday!

Hello all!

Moving carefully this morning-- not too sore but there are some muscles talking that we haven't heard from in a while!

We open the yard sale up again at 8 am and hope to reorganize the garage at the same time. Since the garage is nearly empty ...... We've not sold as much as we hoped but I think we had a lot of competition this weekend too. We know we'll have to have another one or drag things down to the flea market. Since this is the first weekend in 6 weeks without rain, I am sure EVERYONE is either running their own yardsale, or outside yardwork, kids sports, etc, etc.

But we did make some money, and make the garage passable.

I'll try and check back later--

Take care all!
Old 06-29-2003, 07:22 PM   #240  

Looks like everyone's off enjoying a great weekend. Weather finally great here. Enjoyed my princesses (and the weight lifting that goes with them). Not too badly off plan today so far but will still claim a Fresh Start for tomorrow. Last two days BAD.

Hope you sold it all Kaylets and are only half as sore as yesterday.
Closed Thread