3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2012 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/263868-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-august-2012-everyone-welcome.html)

ItsMyTurn 08-08-2012 11:25 PM

Taking a rest day today. It was going to be cardio recovery day, but after working OT today, and then helping kids with homework, then doing my own... I am beat. Guess it's time to listen to the body. It just doesn't have any more "push" in it for today. Tomorrow it will be cardio recovery though, and take it from there. :) Stayed on plan for my eating and TOM is probably making me more worn out then I am even normally... who knows. Going to get a decent night sleep though... shooting for 6 full hours tonight... almost unheard of on a weekday for me!!

devnet 08-08-2012 11:26 PM

So I was dealing with a very emotional thing today, and I asked a friend to come over to help cheer me up. She brought a quart of chocolate milk with her (mostly for her, but she offered some to me). I accepted because I knew that for what I was going through today (it's a reaction very similar to shock), a little bit of comfort food actually helps a lot. So I'm very proud of myself here though. I only had 4 oz. of the milk (I even weighed it, lol). And I feel a lot better for it, I'm still going to be under my carb limit for the day, and I'm not even craving anything bad. It just...was enough to boost my mood, and now I'm good.

Hooray for progress?

Misti in Seattle 08-08-2012 11:26 PM

Food for today

AM - Tonic Alchemy in small amount grapefruit juice, 1/2 freshly squeezed lime

Breakfast
Greek vanilla yogurt
black raspberries

snack
2 strawberries
8 blueberries
6 carrot sticks

Lunch
3 oz tuna packet
6 bagel crisps
corn on the cob

snack
banana
1 very tiny bit of pound

Dinner
Lean ground beef patty
lettuce, tomatoes, pickles onion
mixed the above into my large bowl of mega-veggie/nuts/cranberry slaw

Snack
Coffee with skim milk

No workout today but think I will get out the weight balls/bands and do something gentle before bed. My body is needing a bit of a break from the strenuous stuff but this can just really stretch the muscles and relax me.

Edited 9:50 PM to add... just did 40 minute gentle workout with weight bands/balls. Adjusted it down quite a bit because the lighter stuff, just stretching the muscles a bit, was what I needed.

Misti in Seattle 08-09-2012 07:04 AM

Good morning, everyone.

Off we go to another day! Yay, I just have to make it through today and I am taking a four day weekend.

Diana3271 08-09-2012 07:09 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1570 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 149.2
Up: 1.2 pounds (sodium gain from Japanese steakhouse - will take a couple of days to get off)

Quick post, I will get to personals a little later today. Have a great day!

derrydaughter 08-09-2012 07:38 AM

Good morning! Here is yesterday's journal... was pretty hungry mid-afternoon, but I made it through. I ate dinner earlier than usual, that seemed to help.

Breakfast:
Omelette:
1 egg 102C
1/4 cup egg whites (from carton) 25C
2 T feta cheese 45C
3 T spinach, chopped 17C
Lowfat milk 1/8 c (in coffee) 14C
Sausage, vegetarian 2 oz. 60C

263C

Lunch:
Light Wheat Bread 70C
light swiss cheese 140C
Low salt ham 50C
sliced pickle 1C

Total 261

Dinner:

Salad 1 cup 22C
Olive oil 2 tsp 80C
balsamic vinegar 1 tsp 5C
Italian Bread 2 slices 108
Butter 2 tsp 68
Deli turkey (on salad) 3 oz 90C
Shredded Parmeson (on salad) 3T 60C
total: 433

Snacks:

grapes 1/8 c 8C
Sandwich cookies 2 100C
Apple 95C
Yogurt, Greek low fat 3 oz 101C
Banana Med. 105C
total 405

Exercise:
Exercise bike 61C 15 min
eliptical 10 min 91C
Slimnastics 20 min 137C
Total for exercise 289

Really enjoying being accountable to you all!

ItsMyTurn 08-09-2012 07:42 AM

Devnet - sorry about the emotional day...but great job on how you handled it!

Misti - Hooray for a 4 day weekend for you. Any plans?

Diana - Good morning!! That Japanese restaurant is your favorite though, so well worth the sodium false gain :) Have a good one!

Well, got 5 1/2 hrs of sleep and for some reason my body is still not thanking me and is dragging. Enough of listening to the body though - things need to be done, work has to be accomplished, and workouts need doing. :) Going to choose to make today an awesome day :D

CyberCrystal 08-09-2012 07:57 AM

Hi everybody

Devnet Well done on getting through the emotional stuff and managing your eating

Diana Thanks for the good wishes for my day

Staceygee Welcome . I wasn't here when you made your previous posts but losing 100 pounds sounds amazing

ItsmyTurn Yeah that judge WAS pretty cool .. Well done in fitting a workout in at the end of a day like that -- and as for the other day a rest day every now and then can always be justified for recovery.

Misti Well done with your virtual walk. Great news re the chiropractor and enjoy your four day weekend.

Derry Thank you for your advice and I am preparing some healthy snacks to take to work tomorrow

Goodnight all

mamakat 08-09-2012 08:26 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana I didn't get the haircut in, it's really just a simple buzz, but I have to color it too (hide the grays...shh, don't tell anyone :p). I have the Wii fit game, but to tell you the truth, the aerobics are boring to me and the yoga never feels like I'm doing anything, but I was thinking I could do the routine once by the instructor and then once by myself, but longer. We'll see how that goes, maybe today.

Stacy unloading is an awesome workout. I can imagine you'd be hungry after working that hard. Your plan of attack sounds good to me.

devnet proud of you for calling a friend and how responsible of you to weigh out the milk...that meant you were really thinking about yourself, that's awesome. In times like those it's really hard to think straight at all, you did very well.

Misti Thanks for all that info. I might consider dusting off the bands and balls. I could use upper arm strengthening and toning. Great job in getting that exercise in, even when you resigned yourself and rest night. :)

serenity Thanks for the yoga info. After I read it, I went online and sure enough, youtube has a lot of 10 minute workouts. So if not the Wii, I can do some of those. So cool, thanks again.

OK, I'm missing people because my page isn't showing who said what. I promise to post more later when I can see you properly.

I did not clean rats with DD yesterday. Instead I waited for my lazy kittens to wake up till 11 and no luck. So I said, forget it, I'm doing this. I got dressed, put on my headphones and walked out the door (alone for the first time since the boardwalk incident). I walked the boardwalk (5miles). On my way there, a young good looking man popped his head out of the passenger side of a truck and "whoo'd" at me. :lol: I was right behind and older man who thought the youngster was crazy. I just laughed. I remembered 16 years ago riding my DS on the back of a bike a Jeep load of young good looking men "moo'd" me, so I was pleased times have changed. On my way out of the reserve two gents waved, I get that a lot now...like we're all friends. :lol: That's funny to me. I am very very pleased with myself and I am hoping I am finally getting well after a very long down time for me. DH said maybe it's the music that helped get me through, I can't hear people coming near me. I had already thought of that, but can't listen to the Ipod when DH is walking with me.

Well it's a new day and I hope all of you have a wonderful and healthy one!

Campana 08-09-2012 10:22 AM

Hi everyone. I see a few new faces since the last time I logged in, it is nice to see more activity here. Well I have been kinda blue. Having some issues right now and I have not had time to come in and log for the past 2 or 3 days. However I have not forgotten about you girls. I have kept my routine up. I've made sure I drink my water and so far no tortillas, cookies or bread for me. The only good news I've had lately was in the scale. I've lost another 2 pounds! That makes it 4 lbs for me. I cannot wait to hit my first 5 lbs. I am very close. Well everyone I will try and come during lunch and post a bit more. Have a wonderful day everyone. And please keep up the good work.

SerenityDiva 08-09-2012 11:36 AM

Shellsbrood :cool: on getting into the 100 club! I can't wait to hit the 160s. I have not been that low since 2008 so Swissy I'm right there with you :lol:

Ouch Linda! My paternal grandma always said bruises and stuff hurt more especially in the ribs, and I have to agree. Then you get that "fear" of being extra cautious (at least I did) where I am guarded and compensate in other body parts. That's what really screwed me up according to my physical therapists. I had a surgery at age 6 months so compensated for that, another one at 5 years (scar from shoulder to hip/kidney thing) and compensated for that, multiple car wrecks as a kid, and yada yada...and I end up in physical therapy at 40. But it was a good thing for me. I looked at it as learning my body's limitations and stuff so I dunno it sounds all hippy drippy but I think it was meant to be the way it was.

LOL ItsMyTurn I do the grocery shopping and I stopped buying junk for the most part a few years ago, but REALLY stopped in March completely. DH has a bad habit of "forgetting to eat" so he is ravenous (and quite the jerk at times) when he gets home. I did have salad ready for him so he ate that while dinner was cooking, ate dinner (and yes I tasted the pork chops last night, oven coated soo good!) but anyway he's going through the kitchen like a teenage boy coming home from football practice. :hyper: because "there's nothing to eat." There was plenty to eat, there was nothing he *wanted* to eat. He got some frozen fruit (I find for us if I buy too much fresh it goes bad so we get frozen and it's never gone bad) and was happy :D He *says* he needs to change his diet, but we'll see. And I'm ALWAYS needing a nap once a month because of my TOM...but not recently (I also had a uterine fibroid surgery in February and so I think that's helped a lot of issues).

LOL Diana I'm better in the store, because 99% of the time they have nothing I want. I used to be bad..I mean I would buy ANY video that looked good. I still have a lot (let's just say Mary and I probably have the same amount in stock ha ha..well not funny really). I'm pickier for yoga stuff now, but fortunately for me I don't like Jillian's stuff (I think the workouts are solid/I don't "click" with her) and that's pretty much all I see except for Rodney Yee whom I don't love (I like but I have enough yoga so it's easy to bypass)...and while I was a diehard Firm Believer, I realy only like the Classics BEFORE Tracie Long so it is helpful to limit. But books do tend to fall in my cart a lot..and with the Kindle...more so (fortunately there are a lot of free ones too). Funny my husband's FAVORITE mixed vegetables are the California blend, I know exactly which one that is and he will eat it a lot. :broc:

Ugh Stacy sounds like a horrible schedule, but I know you're glad at least to be active. Up until March I was a medical transcriptionist aka sitting on my arse for 20+ years...and as I did...well my booty got bigger (but it's flat :( )

Misti that's so cool about the passport picture! I'm proud of you :bravo: because so many get discouraged because well weight loss IS generally slow, but you're being positive is so helpful for me :) I say selfishly.

Devnet at least you had it in moderation. I'm sorry you're having a hard day and I hope it's better. :hug: :hug:

Woo woo Mamakat! :dancer: what a cool thing to have happen (although I know some think not but I like attention when it's positive :) You're welcome about the yoga stuff. There is a lot of free information out there so it's all good.

:grouphug: Campana I hope you are feeling better. I'm sending some good vibes and WTG on the 2 pounds.

So anyway I'm at 170! I'm doing the happy :dancer: because I have not been in the 160s since 2008? I've also noticed an upward trend as far as intake, meaning calories were around 1330s now 1500s. I'm not going to get all worried unless I start gaining or stop losing. I'm thinking the increased cardio speed and length, as well as probably increased muscle, is making me somewhat hungrier. I'm not eating like a candy bar, but more fruit usually or an extra salad.

Calories for yesterday 1592, 55 minutes of yoga and 25 on the bike.

SerenityDiva 08-09-2012 12:09 PM

Holy cow.

My husband just emailed me from work.

He wants to know my POV on the Caveman diet because apparently he's never heard of it...maybe he is serious? I just had to share and obviously will encourage him!

shellsbrood 08-09-2012 01:06 PM

Star--Aw, you're awesome, thanks!! :hug: Miss you guys!

Diana--I'd love to be a size 6 and right now I'm mostly a 10 (I'm a 6/8 on top, but I'm very bottom heavy, so that's still a 10). So, if I can go lower, I will. But, if not...I won't sweat it. :)

Stacy--Life happens and I know you'll be right back along with me in no time. You'll probably zoom right past me. ;) It took me six months to lose the last 10 pounds. :o

Mamakat :wave:

Serenity--You're so close, though!! :hyper:

stacygee 08-09-2012 02:55 PM

Shellsbrood: That's funny... me zooming past you. I am pretty committed again. Maybe you can hold me to it!

Serenity: I love it when my husband wants to worry about his nutrition but I hate dieting with him... he always loses so much so fast! I don't know Caveman... is it like Paleo? I really like the work I do but the 5AM is hard. Mostly it is sleep deprivation that all of us experience. We can't go to sleep because we are so scared we won't wake up. My booty is flat too.... maybe that happens with age?

mamakat: what an awesome walk! I love getting attention! A couple of months ago in the grocery store a very good looking man was smiling at me and I was so proud... until I looked down and found my zipper all the way down and OPEN! LOL

Cyber- 100 pound loss hopefully will be amazing.... but I have some wok to do.

devnet- Sorry about a rough day... but, I sure hope to stop soothing any emotions with food. I wish I could get to where I only eat for nourishment. Not to reward myself, enjoy it, socialize or soothe myself. It is taking some work.

Well, I ate a protein bar on my way to work and then a protein bar and cup of fruit at my 8:30 break. It did feel well. I was totally ravenous on the way home but made it home to my perfect breakfast for lunch of my spinach eggs. I am really pleased. The best thing that I did was say no to candy and no to rice krispy treats. Proud ME!

The rest of the afternoon I have to work on a new spin routine. I teach my fourth class in a row tonight and need a new routine. Once I finish it I will run to the gym and run through it and then rest until my class. Whew. Long Day!

SerenityDiva 08-09-2012 03:12 PM

Shellsbrood I am so stoked about being close :) I know it's been slow, but I keep telling myself if I don't do it now, June 2013 or whatever will be the same weight or more so it keeps me going.

Whew. Stacy I talked to him again in email, he meant this diet for him. Honestly he needs an overhaul. he sent me a link to some site. It sounds like the Warrior Diet that Ori something popularized around 2001. Briefly it is nuts and fruit during the day only snacking and one big meal at night avoiding most grains. He eats that way sort of. He hardly eats during the day and if he does not go to lunch (which in the last 4 months has been often) he eats crap...i.e., Twinkies or whatever is in the vending machine. Then he comes home and scarfs (spelling?) down whatever while waiting for dinner and then dessert, then second dessert, and before you know it I'd say he eats 3000-5000 calories between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. EVERY weeknight. Weekends are similar, except for he STILL ADDS lunch AND breakfast to it. And yep he'll lose weight quickly. Our running joke was "DH goes on a diet, loses 5 pounds in a week by eating ONE less cookie a day. I go on a diet and ate 500 calories less a day and lose 5 pounds in a year." But it's that whole male testosterone thing and what not, although he was found to be hypothyroid in the last few years so he could be slower this time (he lost weight initially after being diagnosed, gained it all back, and at least the blood levels show the thyroid as normal for now). So anyway long post short I think this way or schedule of eating will work for him...the food itself...um I have no idea. He's not a nut person per se.