3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2012 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/263868-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-august-2012-everyone-welcome.html)

CyberCrystal 08-05-2012 06:27 AM

Hi everybody

Busy day but I did manage to get in a session on the cross- trainer this morning .. and have stuck to my food plan today. Feeling good for having done all of that.

Misti -- I have just written in your post about the virtual walk and am going to give it a go to join you :) I am thinking I will add it up each week and enter on the weekend how far I have got over the week. Good idea of yours so I am going to give it my best shot.
Hope everybody has had or is having a good weekend.
All the best CyberCrystal

Misti in Seattle 08-05-2012 08:10 AM

Good morning, everyone!!

Crystal, I saw your post and am really happy to have you join me. It sounds like a beautiful location you are headed to, also.

I still can't figure out how to add any photos and thumbnails.... if I can figure it out I will let you know. So far nothing works.

I am stalling about posting my weight this morning as it is only 5:10 AM so I am hoping for another pound down LOL. But often this IS the time of morning I lose.

Diana3271 08-05-2012 09:22 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

I had a little sodium bounce from yesterday's foods. I made spaghetti for dinner. I had spaghetti squash and the meat sauce. The sodium is still higher in the sauce than my normal weekly foods.

Calories for yesterday: 1810 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.6
Up: .4

Misti in Seattle 08-05-2012 10:55 AM

:celebrate: WOOOOHHOOOOOOO :bunny2:

Watch that ticker go!!! Down TWO this morning!!! 250s here I come!

:encore::encore::encore::encore::encore::encore:

Diana3271 08-05-2012 10:50 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Mamakate Hi :wave: Check-in when you can.

Campana Did the spinach get blended enough? Maybe you used too much spinach? I don't make smoothies, so I can't say what could have went wrong. I'm hoping someone else will chime in. Good job on the walk. Yes, the protein is good. It will keep you full longer.

Itsmyturn Two rounds? :eek: That's killer, for sure! I posted this in my other check-in: I think Insanity is getting a little easier. All last week, I could feel that my legs were extremely tired during the warm ups. The Insanity warm ups are really tough and I rain sweat during the warm ups! Yesterday I took a break from Insanity and did my mall walk. It think that break really did me well. I didn't have that muscle fatigue feeling today.

Misti Congrats on the 2 pounds! :bravo: Keep up the great work!

Crystal Good job sticking to your food and exercise plan.

Diana3271 08-05-2012 10:55 PM

Total Approx 1320 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (645 calories)
Greek Chicken, orzo, kalamata olive, feta cheese, asparagus salad (and dang good! :drool: 645 calories)

Dinner (280 calories)
Ricotta cheese 210 calories
cinnamon peaches 70 calories

Exercise:
Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance

Misti in Seattle 08-05-2012 11:57 PM

Hello everyone. I am enjoying reading all the good reports. Way to go.

I've done well today too. This morning before church I got out my Danskin weight balls and weight bands and did 25 minutes. Then later did 10 minutes of dancing. And tonight an hour in the pool. Whew!!! But I sure feel good but tired.

Food was "on' too --

AM - Tonic Alchemy in grapefruit juice, 1/2 fresh squeezed lime juice

Breakfast
2 steamed eggs
4.4 oz brown rice

Snack
Coffee with Half and Half (church)

Lunch... LOL I did it again -
Might do it tomorrow night too; I am seldom in the area of the burger stand)
Burger patty loaded with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, pickles
Corn on the cob

Snack (a bit larger snack than usual because I was doing a later pool workout)
Greek vanilla yogurt with fresh raspberries, blueberries, banana

Dinner
Large bowl mega-veggie slaw
small scoop cottage cheese

Campana 08-06-2012 01:19 AM

Diana I might have put too much spinach not sure though. I will probably youtube this.. So I can actually see what they put. (I'm more of a visual person) Great work with your workout! Keep it up!

Misti congrats on the weight loss..

As for me I am exhausted today I did an 80 minute walk and I am drained. My food intake was actually lower than the 1200 calories recommended by the website where I count calories.

Breakfast
4 egg whites with veggies

Snack
Cherries

Lunch
Wendy's apple walnut salad

Dinner
Banana, strawberry and blueberry smoothie.

And a whole lot of water throughout the day.

devnet 08-06-2012 03:19 AM

Everyone seems to be doing awesome! Congrats, all!

I'm on a lower carb eating plan.

Breakfast/Lunch: (woke up really late)
7 pieces bacon, 2 fried eggs, some strawberries
8g carb

Snack:
1/4 cup black beans, 3 pieces pickled herring
10g carb

Dinner:
300g homemade spaghetti sauce, no noodles. Bowl of salad, 1 tbsp Italian dressing
27g carb

May have a little more spaghetti sauce before bed. If I do, it will be 230 grams (I weighed it before putting it away). If I do, that will bring my day's carb count up to 60. My limit is 80, so all in all, very good day.

Diana3271 08-06-2012 06:49 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1320 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.6
No Change

Misti Good job keeping things on plan.

Campana Good job on the walk. Let us know what you find out on youtube about the smoothie.

Devnet Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: I think we are in the weigh in thread together.

derrydaughter 08-06-2012 07:04 AM

Good morning.
I have nothing to report so far, but I made up my mind that today would be different and that I would re-boot myself and begin anew. Just back from a vacation and about 8 weeks ago, I was on another vacation. My eating, drinking and enjoyment has been really fantastic, but my clothes are tight and I need to be responsible. I hope I can be inspired here.
I am not on any kind of plan yet, wondering what to do. I failed Weight Watchers 101, I guess. I'm a lifetime member who kept going back and re-starting and it just wasn't working for me.
I need to do this and make it happen on my own.
So, here I am. I'm hoping to report a good day where I consume between 1200 - 1300 calories today and exercise. We'll see how it goes....

mamakat 08-06-2012 07:40 AM

Monday Morning WI 181.8 up to 2.2lbs.

Yesterday was the first day I could walk. I moved like a turtle in the morning with grumpiness. I kept yelling at everyone not to watch me because I looked ridiculous (I felt like my butt was sticking way out for some reason...it wasn't). DD had a beach party to attend, but the party throwers flaked without telling their guests, so DD wanted me to come down. It's packed on the weekends, music in the Pavillion plus they were having an arts fair. DD wanted us to walk around looking for said party thrower. DH had no idea what she looked like and just stopped to listen to music. DD stayed with her dad. I was walking and although it was hot and crowded...I was walking. I even ran around in circles like a three year old doing airplanes (when you can't walk it's nice to celebrate plus add embarrassing to DD :D). DD wanted fried oreos but was too embarrassed to order, so I got her some then we walked around until she was finished. Also as I was roaming alone, I saw a little girl wearing the exact same shirt as me (local ice cream shop shirt). I approached her and her dad and said nice shirt (I initiated...my therapist would be so happy). She said thanx and her dad laughed. So all in all, yesterday was a good day. I got out of bed, I WALKED and I interacted with real people (oh and embarrassed DD :D)

Hi to everyone :wave: I will do my best to get personals in some time soon. I think of you all the time.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.

ItsMyTurn 08-06-2012 07:56 AM

Misti - Great job on the pounds down!!!! Keep it going! So happy for you :carrot:

Campana - Super job getting in 80 mins walking! That's awesome :)

Mamakat - Way to go!!! Walking slow is still walking!!! Great job initiating contact with others too.... sounds like a definite "Winning" day! :)

Diana - Two rounds was actually pretty good for Saturday, we had to make up for not doing anything Friday and since I don't have work on weekends, it worked out perfectly. I didn't take the day off yesterday, we just skipped the rest day. Maybe tonight we will take it? I am trying to get that rest day pushed out to Friday. Weekdays I run off average of 4hrs of sleep a night and by Friday I am just too beat to even try to function in a workout - and I don't want an injury due to that. So we are going to push out the rest day as far out as possible this week and hopefully have it to Friday by next week.
I agree that Insanity is working. We also are dripping by end of the "warm up", but it feels sooooo great now! Neither of us has the muscle soreness that seems to last, and since doing the Cardio resistance one again, DD and I both have seen performance improvement! Something is happening. I am putting away the scale until the end of the program and we are going off pics and measurements instead until the end of the 2 months. I don't want that number to frustrate us, especially since it's a fully rounded program :)

CyberCrystal 08-06-2012 09:16 AM

Hi eveybody

Late at night here -- so a bit late for me to do personals. Just checking in and reading through people's posts.
Have had a reasonable day ... out to dinner with some good friends tonight- a longstanding group of women friends and have a great time. I tried to be good with the food. We went to a Vietnamese restaurant and I ordered tofu and vegies and steamed rice. Not too bad I hope. I even managed to get home from work in time to go for a walk/jog beforehand.

I hope everybody has a good day/night
Will check in with personals tomorrow
CyberCrystal

Campana 08-06-2012 10:41 AM

Hi everyone just checking in before I head out to work. Kind of in a rush I will diffidently check in later on today. Just wanted to come in here and wish everyone a wonderful day! Please remember to drink plenty of water. Come on girls let's stay on track we can do it!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: I am looking forward to Wednesday morning to do another weigh in to see how much I've lost.