3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2012 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/263868-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-august-2012-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 07-31-2012 09:05 PM

Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2012 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Misti in Seattle 07-31-2012 10:22 PM

Hi all

Decided to go ahead and post this in the new thread since August is only a few hours away!

Glad to see so many good reports tonight. I wish I had time for personals more, but with getting up at 4 AM to go to work, working out at night, etc. my time just gets very limited. But I am reading and keeping up with all of you.

Serenity, Tonic Alchemy is an all natural nutritional supplement which contains 71 different "superfoods" from around the world... fruits, veggies, grasses, grains, sea plants, leaf and root extracts, etc. I showed the package to my doctor and she highly approved it. Gives me the nutrition I need, and I hardly ever get cravings. It is a powder you mix with liquid.It does taste horrid, unfortunately, so people find ways to kill the taste; I've found adding it to a bit of grapefruit juice with the juice of half a lime really knocks it so it is not so bad. I'm not allowed to post a link but if you google there is an official website about it.

And I completely agree with your yoga teacher! I really push myself hard working out but I know my limits and when I need a break. I will get sick if I don't listen to those signals.

Well, how do I look in my "new outfit" (mini ticker and new cheerleader)? That's right... I made it to 266! Yay. There is actually a "5" middle number in my ticker now... of course LOL I still have to reach it. :)

This is long so will post my food and workout in another post.

Misti in Seattle 07-31-2012 11:12 PM

Today's log

AM
Tonic Alchemy in small amount grapefruit juice, 1/2 fresh squeezed lime

Breakfast
2 steamed eggs
7 bagel crisps
6 strawberries

Snack
None

Lunch
Cottage cheese
4 bite sized fresh pineapple chunks
3 tiny Satsumas

Snack
Banana

Dinner
2 small slices healthy pizza (believe it or not, I bought this pizza on Saturday and still had half of it left. Ate 2 small slices and put rest in freezer)
corn on the cob
mega-veggie slaw

Snack
Coffee with skim milk

Exercise
35 minute water workout with weights

Now a total of 56.7 miles (567 min exercise) on my "virtual walk" to Seaside OR. Approx. 136 more miles to go (193 miles total). (I posted a thread on this so I could keep track and hoping others will join me in a virtual walk somewhere, with the reward at the end being a REAL trip there! :)

ItsMyTurn 07-31-2012 11:34 PM

Diana - I did do the first workout tonight with my youngest and we both looked like we took a shower at the end, :lol: Per my HRM I burned 406 calories... I have seen others do more, but since I have to keep heart rate under a certain amount to remain safe since my heart surgery in 2005, I am doing it smart. If I can't keep right form I break too... this is the best workout out there if you keep the right form and do as you should... so I plan on cashing in on that with you :) We can totally do this and I am excited to see how my endurance improves! I love that there is someone here to "do it with me" too... it's encouraging :) How did you do on your workout? Did you feel like jello after? We just got done about half hour ago and I am still jello-legged, :lol: but actually feeling better and more pumped for tomorrow's workout! Glutton for punishment

ItsMyTurn 07-31-2012 11:35 PM

Moon/Campana - you got a new look :O Threw me for a loop on the other posting thread.

Misti in Seattle 07-31-2012 11:40 PM

Diana and ItsMyTurn... wow, you two are really getting a workout!!! Way to go!!!!

Campana 08-01-2012 12:37 AM

Hi everyone day 2 is almost coming to an end.

I will be posting my food intake here. My "plan" is eating healthy so please give me your input if it looks like I'm doing healty choices, and at adequate times.

Breakfast: 8:30am
Raspberry tea with fiber

Water up until noon

Lunch: noon
Lentil soup with chicken, carrots, onion, tomatoes, spinach.

Snack: 4pm
Light Yoplait yogurt with granola

Dinner: 7pm
Small plate of lentil soup, small side salad & one low fat string cheese.

Exercise: Rode bike for 25 min.

Writing this down makes me feel like I didn't do good in my exercise for today...

Misti in Seattle 08-01-2012 01:15 AM

Hi Campana

Thanks for posting. Your food intake seems extremely low to me. Do you know how many calories you are eating? And I'm a big believer in starting off with a healthful breakfast to keep your metabolism steady.

And 25 minutes of bike riding seems fine. It's not necessary to have extreme amounts of exercise; just get moving and be steady.

Diana3271 08-01-2012 06:57 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Let's make this a great month!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 149
Down: .2

Misti Congrats on your new mini ticker and :cheer: You will definitely get there!

Campana Good job on posting your foods. Your menu looks healthy. Like Misti said, not sure on the calories, though. Do you know approx the amount of calories. Good job on the bike workout. I think 30+ minutes a day of exercise is the recommended amount. You are right there! :carrot:

Itsmyturn Great job on the workout last night! Here's my post about my workout yesterday (on the other thread):
Leslie Sansone 2 Mile from Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs
Insanity Cardio Recovery

I thought Cardio Recovery was going to be a lighter cardio workout (compared to the regular workouts ) Here's the description: Shaun goes easier on you once a week so you're ready for the next round. I did the Leslie workout with the idea of keeping it lighter, but knowing I need cardio. Well, Cardio Recovery is a stretch workout. It's tough, though. My legs were getting shaky at certain points. I might even be a little sore tomorrow. We'll see. I might keep doing this workout, but doing a little more intense 30 minute cardio workout the same day. Cardio Recovery is about 30 minutes.

Yesterday I had some upper body DOM's from the 2 previous Insanity workouts. It's funny that I can lift heavier weights but not get DOM's. The DOM's from Insanity are in the craziest places, too. Not like the ones you get from regular weight lifting.

ItsMyTurn 08-01-2012 07:30 AM

Misti - Great job on getting the cute mini ticker! Loving the cheerleader look!

Campana - Sorry to join the choir, but do you know the caloric intake? Honestly I have found calories in vs. calories out to be the main formula that works with tweaks as you go. You did good on the bike... maybe try to increase by 5 more mins?

Diana - not sure what DOMs are? Even with having done the kickboxing and weights before starting, plus my running.... I have SORE legs! The very upper part of my back thigh muscle on both legs are killing me. I think it's funny that I am walking funny and it's not even from "the other white meat", :rofl: I was sore yesterday in the same area, so a couple of the exercises must hit this area real well - always thought I was getting it before... my bad.

Diana3271 08-01-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn (Post 4423323)
Diana - not sure what DOMs are?

DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...uscle_soreness

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn (Post 4423323)
I think it's funny that I am walking funny and it's not even from "the other white meat", :rofl:

You naughty little girl! :rofl: Hey, That's exercise and burns calories, too! :lol:

SerenityDiva 08-01-2012 09:58 AM

Campana my BFF loves Zumba! She got it for Kinect and I want it too, unfortunately how the house is set up the stupid box can't read people anymore (the living room is too small and the media room there is not enough space). I am hoping if my plantar fasciitis gets better in the future to implement it, even if it's just via DVD versus the game. She also likes this new Deepak Chopra video game..yes a video game. Weird but true. I also would just start logging my calories because that does seem low to me, I also find for ME I have to have breakfast. But I read a lot recently that states that's not true for all people, so if it's working. I wouldn't want to burn out though and that'd be my fear eating too low calorie wise.

Lulu WTG on being prepared. I think most successful dieters know that is key!

LOL ItsMyTurn well I wouldn't want to be in one either. I've had some media attention before and they twisted EVERYTHING I said to the point that I was livid. I avoid it like the plague. I do have a good friend who is in that area and I won't even eat lunch during days she films...I don't want to be in a picture with her AT ALL because I'm that paranoid. And yes you earned the shirt and then some!

Diana I've heard of that and might pick it up. DH could use some motivation and maybe if he sees it...well you get the idea. Shaun's recovery sounds tough. I did some yoga workout recently that was labeled "beginner" and while I'm NOT advanced, because it was so slow and you held the poses so long...my thighs were on fire the next day (the good way). Love mixing it up!

Misti WOOT on the new goal and thanks for the information. I'll look into it later as today is a busy day (for the morning anyway). I appreciate it.

Well yesterday not good...but I'm not going to get all ticked off at myself. First I don't mean to make excuses but I knew there was going to be an extended family stressor starting yesterday (7/31) and while I didn't expect drama yesterday (which will probably happen if history repeats itself) I overate. But I don't know if it was that, PMS, or the increased exercise time/intensity. I'm not going to figure it out because why? I can just move on. Although tomorrow's check in will probably be similar as we have had this restaurant thing planned for awhile, while I could get a salad. It's a cheap Italian place and their salads are iceburg, carrots, a tomato and wishbone type dressing. Not exactly a meal and the only meat they add is chicken. Since it's been planned for about 2 months I'm eating probably pasta, definitely bread, no soda though, and no dessert.

Anyway the data:

Calories 1950
Cardio 25 minutes (*the increase was that and upping the speed to 15 MPH yesterday and Monday)
Yoga 60 minutes

pinkpendant 08-01-2012 10:38 AM

Oh gosh, I wish I'd found a place like this before! Feels like this is exactly what I'll be needing in order to achieve my goal :)
Anyway, I'm currently fasting (Ramadan), but I'd love to be part of this thread too :) Ramadan will probably end somewhere near August 18th, so I'll be posting more regularly after that!
Are there any other people here that are fasting this month as well btw? :')

Campana 08-01-2012 04:15 PM

Ahhhh!!!!!!!! I had been typing my message for the past 30 minutes and it is gone! Ugghhh!!!
I'm going to summarize it real quick

Girls thanks for your two cents on my plan. Can you please tell me where I can start tracking my calories?

Diana and itsmyturn= good job everything counts keep up the great work on your workouts! You girls rock!!

Serenity regarding the Zumba I too love it. I don't have a gym membership so I was looking into buying the DVD's although right now 100 bucks is a lot for me. Regarding the eating out. Try eating a salad before your pasta and don't finish the meal make sure to leave some on your plate.

SerenityDiva 08-01-2012 05:50 PM

Campana will do but also splitting with my daughter I think since she doesn't eat much either.

Hi PinkPendant!

Also oh yeah try fit day, lose it is my favorite, spark people..there are all sorts of trackers out there.

SerenityDiva 08-01-2012 06:04 PM

Okay I'm happy, I pulled the nutrition data for their spaghetti with meat sauce and it's 500 calories per DINNER order. If that's to be believed the only extra I'll have is the bread and that's a okay...especially since I'm splitting the spaghetti.

Diana3271 08-01-2012 08:41 PM

Serenity I hope your dinner goes well tonight. Is the extended family going to be at the dinner? :?: If so, try not to stress too much.

Pinkpendant Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Campana I use daily plate or even this site to look up calories.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...000-items.html
http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/

Diana3271 08-01-2012 08:44 PM

Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken tenderloins 600 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories

Exercise:
Insanity Pure Cardio

ItsMyTurn 08-01-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 4423337)
DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...uscle_soreness

You naughty little girl! :rofl: Hey, That's exercise and burns calories, too! :lol:

Ahhh, that's what I had after the fit test and it's just gotten worse, LOL! I have DOMs in my pants :rofl: OMG, I am ON ONE today! :lol:

As for the other comment... well, you know me... anything for the betterment of fitness :D After all, isn't my health worth it? :rofl: :carrot:

ItsMyTurn 08-01-2012 08:54 PM

Diva - I think you are doing good. Being conscious of the decisions is a huge thing for us :)

Campana - I use MyFitnessPal for calorie counting and such.

Well, finally home from work. I have some studying for my finance mid-term on Friday to do tonight, and then it's Insanity time! I took a sneak peek at tonight's workout and not ashamed to say... I'm scared, :) It will be all good though. Since I am still sore, might as well work through it, :lol:

SerenityDiva 08-01-2012 10:10 PM

ItsMyTurn sending you study vibes :).

Diana no, but friends. It went well, I ended up ordering a full thing because mt daughter wanted pepperoni added and ew. Anyway I ate probably 1/3 to 1/2 mostly because I was full. I ate some calamari and some bread, totaled up to about 1800 for the day because while i had salad as well, I only put vinegar on it because I really am not a fan of shelf Italian generally. I was happy and the dessert. Originally everyone wanted one and they have this Italian ice box cake DH and I love, but no one saved room (LOL I had room) but decided NOT to :D. It's hard at times, the waitress was all encouraging to take dessert home but honestly I told her five minutes from now I'll not even want it...which was right.

I'll finish the spaghetti for lunch tomorrow though :carrot:

Misti in Seattle 08-01-2012 11:18 PM

Hello all

Looks like some more successful days for all of you! Yay! And welcome, Pinkpendant.

Serenity, I am stunned at how much the Tonic Alchemy helps! I just don't have cravings like I did before -- my body is getting the nutrients it needs and craves -- and I have tons more energy! I love the stuff.

AM
Tonic Alchemy in small amt grapefruit juice, 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice

Breakfast
3 oz tuna packet
1 steamed egg
6 bagel crisps

Snack
6 pineapple chunks

Lunch
1/3 can spicy red beans
3 oz brown rice
(was supposed to be 1/2 can beans, 4.4 oz brown rice, but was not hungry so did not finish)

Snack
Greek vanilla yogurt
3 tiny Satsumas

Dinner
Jack-in-the-Box grilled chicken salad
cottage cheese

40 minute pool workout

Counts as 4 additional miles toward my "cyber walk" to Seaside OR.
Current total 607 minutes of exercise = 60.7 miles
I am exactly halfway between Allyn and Shelton WA - 9 more miles to Shelton
193 total miles, minus 60.7, equals 132.3 more miles to Seaside
I think I am going to buy myself some flowers at the halfway point

ItsMyTurn 08-02-2012 12:21 AM

Diva - Sounds like a great day :) That's awesome and sounds fun too

Misti - So glad you found something that works for you...that's great!!!

DD and I did the Insanity today. Wow, this one was not gentle..dang!!! Tomorrow is Cardio Recovery ... maybe that means a bit of a break in action? Who knows... I am not sneaking a peek tonight :) Have a super night all!!!

Campana 08-02-2012 12:45 AM

Ok so I joined one of those calorie counting pages and according to it I had 1187 calories today.

I will be logging my food in there daily. And sharing with you girls.

Diana is Insanity an intense workout?

Campana 08-02-2012 12:48 AM

Itsmyturn keep up the great work! and good luck with the studying...

Diana3271 08-02-2012 06:44 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 148.8
Down: .2

Misti Good job on the pool workout!

Campana Insanity is a shorter, more intense cardio workout than I am used to. I normally do longer steady state cardio. We'll see how my body likes/dislikes it. ;)

ItsMyTurn Good job on Insanity! Cardio Recovery is basically a stretch workout. I thought it was going to be a less intense cardio workout, but it wasn't. I added on a short cardio workout when I did it.

Serenity Good job in having the spaghetti dinner in moderation.

Misti in Seattle 08-02-2012 07:15 AM

Good morning, everyone!

Off we go for another successful day! LOL all these hard workouts are making me fall asleep and I don't get much else done. NOT easy getting up at 4 AM every day.

I was up a pound yesterday but back down to 266 today so hopefully it is gone this time. Neat thing is that usually I weigh more in the evening but the last few evenings have all been under 270. I never want to see the 270s again, hope hope.

ItsMyTurn 08-02-2012 07:55 AM

Campana - Great job finding a site that works for you :)

Diana - I could really use a less intense workout today. A whole new muscle group feeling everything today, but hoping that means my horse walk goes away? Although now it may resemble a mummy :lol: I look forward to a bit less intense :) I will say that DD didn't puke last night though - first time since we started that she wasn't throwing up... so that's a NSV for her!

SerenityDiva 08-02-2012 11:57 AM

Misti I totally believe that too. I think when you're in balance, you do not crave unhealthy stuff. Although I do believe if you have an intense craving for something SOMEWHAT indulge, because there is a reason (hope that makes sense) but it needs to be a real not "in my head" craving.

ItsMyTurn yay for her not throwing up! Although, that workout scares me more now than evah :)

ALL I am glad I was able to eat and enjoy in moderation, I mean I didn't actively think more than a few minutes about the food while there. It was like "okay this" and that was that, the rest was relatively good conversation and what not.

Campana your plan to post sounds great. I really am glad there are so many calorie counters because sometimes I question things, i.e., last night's meal, and checked their website and several calculators to kind "reverify." It's not hard with stuff like say a Lean Cuisine, because it's on the box, but some stuff gets trickier.

Stats from August 1st!
Calories 1763
Yoga 65 minutes
Bike 25 minutes

mamakat 08-02-2012 06:01 PM

Finally got out of bed and hiked up a mountain. It was high in the humidity so we had to stop for DD to catch her breath. At one point we had a race, declining path against stairs short cut. I ran most of the way, but still lost to her and the short cut. I figure I got the better workout though and who knew I could even run?! :D

Diana3271 08-02-2012 09:36 PM

I got home late tonight. I had computer issues today and I started closing out my books. This is always a hectic time of the month for me.

Misti Nothing like a good exhausting workout to help you sleep well.

Itsmyturn Are you saying you are stiff like a mummy? :D My doms have subsided and I'm feeling pretty good now. I can definitely feel my legs during the warm up, though. They are not sore, just tired.

Serenity You are doing great with your workouts! Keep it up! Good calorie range, too.

Mamakat Hi :wave: I've missed seeing you! Great job with the run!

Misti in Seattle 08-02-2012 09:38 PM

Hi everyone!! Here we are at the end of another successful day!!!

Wow, working out until you throw up? Can that possibly be healthy? But I guess to each his/her own. :)

Serenity, to an extent I agree about giving in to a genuine craving... although it is far better to "train" yourself not to give in. I am convinced that most of our processed foods and artificial ingredients, chemicals,etc., cause us to be lacking in genuine nutrition and that is the reason for a lot of our cravings.

Morning weight today 266

AM - Tonic Alchemy in small amt grapefruit juice, 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice

Breakfast
cottage cheese
7 fresh bite size pineapple chunks

Snack
banana

Lunch
2/3 can spicy red beans
small amount brown rice (leftover from yesterday)

Snack
None

Dinner
2 slices healthy pizza
corn on the cob
1 can green beans

Virtual walk to Seaside OR progress
50 minute pool workout = 5 miles
total 607 + 50 = 657 minutes
total miles 60.7 + 5 = 65.7
current virtual location just coming into Shelton WA
193 - 65.7 = 127.3 mile to go

Diana3271 08-02-2012 09:39 PM

Total approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Sirloin 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
raw carrots 100 calories

Exercise
Check-In: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day. I need to move my rest day to Saturday so I can do my mall walk. Maybe I should do another Insanity workout. We'll see how I feel. I think most of my doms are gone now.

ItsMyTurn 08-03-2012 12:14 AM

Diva - Don't let her scare you too much from the workout, she was doing that when I made her run with me too :lol: She got caught sneaking out, so I have made her workout with me ever since... she obviously has too much energy if she can stay up at night, right? I am mean, but it was necessary...and... if she sees results then she will be thankful anyway! Win-win! :rofl: Great job doing the yoga and bike!!! Way to take it up a notch and really dig in :)

Mamakat - Great job with the run! That sounds like a nice time!

Diana - IT issues always happen at the most inopportune time! Glad to hear your soreness has subsided. Mine has too for the most part now. About the middle of today they eased up. It kills me to be sitting all day at the desk, but other than every 2 hrs, I am stuck at the desk - can't even reach for transferring calls if I stand. I am honestly really close to asking the doctor to write a note requiring me to have a standing station...then our ergonomic department HAS to get me set up for one :) Might actually follow through on that idea. Every time I get up, my joints are stiff (even with as much as I bounce my leg at desk)... that can't be good for my RA or Insanity recovery :lol: Of course I would leave the last part out with the doc :lol: The cardio recovery was tonight. It was nice to recover from high cardio, but those "stretches" were hard to keep control of, legs were shaking. Still no big joint flares caused by this (which was my dr's worry)... so that's great news so far!!! Forward we go!!!

Home from work, supper at computer for schoolwork (have a mid-term tomorrow in finance..nerves!)... then Insanity workout, watched Big Brother.. now catching up on here and hitting the bed. Up at 4am to do it all again! Woohoo!

Misti in Seattle 08-03-2012 01:59 AM

Hello everyone

Okay... guess it is time to share this. Recently I changed my main goal to divide it... make it to 230 and then 170. There was a reason I stuck in the 230 goal.

I have extremely large breasts... so huge that they are causing muscularskeletal damage and making it hard for me to do anything. Recently I saw a plastic surgeon about breast reduction, who was very encouraging and explained fully the risks and benefits. But the risks are much higher for anyone over 200 pounds; however, they do take height and build into consideration. Since I am tall and have a large build, that will make a difference. I told him I can always get down to around 230 and then end up gaining it back. He said... "Well, get to 230 and come back here before you have a chance to regain it."

Because of insurance... getting them to pay... I also have to see a chiropractor and probably a massage therapist. The one I am going to is totally supportive and writing her reports to both my doctor and the surgeon. My doctor is also 100% supportive. The surgeon told me "you do your part and we'll do our part." I told him "You're on!!"

So I am working my tail off to get down to that 230 pounds. Oh and the surgeon's assistant told me if I did what they say and come back, she would almost guarantee me she could push my insurance company and get it covered. All three of the doctors think the same because it genuinely is a health issue.

Soooooooooo... I figure since they recommend 200, if I go back at 230 it darn sure better be a well toned, healthy-food fortified 230!! My labs are already very good; do need to lower blood pressure a bit still but it has gone way down from what it used to be. I need to do everything I can to lower the risk of healing problems.

Talk about motivation and incentive LOL! I *will* get this weight off!!!! I will do anything to get rid of these boobs! LOL someone tells me to lose weight and they will whack them off, you had better believe the weight is coming off!

I would love to make the 230 goal by Christmas!!! I know I will have your support here. Thanks in advance!!!

Diana3271 08-03-2012 06:05 AM

Good Morning :wave: and TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a great weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.4
Down: .4

Itsmyturn Those stretches are tough in Cardio Recovery. I was seriously thinking I was going to be sore from them because my legs were shaking. Today is suppose to be my rest day. I'm thinking about doing a regular cardio workout or maybe doing one of the longer workouts from the second month. What do you think? :D I am putting in an extra workout so I can make my rest day on Saturday for my mall walk.

Misti You definitely have our support. I can totally relate to you with the weight you carry in your upper body area. My problem was the lower body. I swear I have always had the biggest butt/hips/belly on the planet. I have a very small office. I could never turn around without knocking something off my DH's desk or off a counter. It was insane. It was really bad when I was almost 400 pounds! Anyways, my first goal and actually life goal is to live below 200 pounds. I really didn't think I would get any lower. I didn't know that I could do it. I just kept working out and eating within my calorie range and my weight kept dropping. Fast forward. I always hear about people not being able to get off the last 5 or 10 pounds, etc. I was in the 160-170 pound range and I could see that those last pounds were in the butt/hip/belly area. The problem area. I kept doing what I had been doing all along and I dropped those last few pounds. Now, my body is in proportion. It's amazing. It took forever, but it's worth it. It's those last few pounds that made a huge difference for me. Now, when my weight starts creeping back up, I can see that it goes straight to the hip/butt/belly area. Anyways, I want you to know that we are here for you. There are people here that can relate to your struggles, you are not alone in this battle. You can do this! :cheer:

ItsMyTurn 08-03-2012 08:00 AM

Misti - We are totally in your corner! How wonderful it would be to get down enough to cut the risk on something that is needed so you can function better! It's a hard struggle, but not impossible. Lord knows the plateaus I have hit and they seem to stick for MONTHS.. but if you keep doing the right things, you CAN and WILL do this. I am so proud of you for taking the initiative to go to professionals and find out what is needed so you can do what is best for you :)

Diana - Did you get the package with the bonus DVDs? Some of them have 2 bonus ones that maybe you could incorporate one? I am surprisingly not sore after last night's workout too.. shocking. I feel the muscles and they are tight, but no soreness. Maybe a sign that we are already getting stronger? Guess time will tell :) I know I am holding a ton of water right now though, my fingers even feel swollen, :lol: Has that happened to you?

Misti in Seattle 08-03-2012 08:01 AM

Thanks, Diana! I did not know you previously weighed almost 400 pounds. Do you have any progress photos here anywhere? You have certainly done a super job of getting and keeping it off!!

Thanks to you too, ItsMyTurn!

Yes, I am definitely the opposite... although my stomach is definitely my second problem area, but I don't have much of a butt at all, and my legs and thighs are in good proportion so when I lose weight that part of me will be fine. But my boobs are so gigantic they make it nearly impossible to do anything and I look ridiculous. One advantage though of being so huge is that the surgeon said it makes the surgery a bit more extensive BUT it means I can pretty much choose what size I want to be because there is some reconstruction involved anyway rather than just taking out some tissue.

AND I am down TWO pounds this morning... have to go change that ticker and get it off of that left side. 34 more pounds to go until I can go back to the surgeon!

katiekish 08-03-2012 09:17 AM

I love reading what ya'll are eating. It's giving me some great ideas...

I was doing really well for a few weeks! But then my aunt came to visit and she is a heavy eater... and it's always junk food. We went shopping and she bought chocolate, then we went to the gas station and she bought cheezies, then she wanted to go and have ribs for dinner, then she wanted to make brownies when we got home. It's weird that I started to feel guilty for saying no repeatedly!!

SerenityDiva 08-03-2012 11:17 AM

:carrot: Mamakat you rocked that run! Love it!

Misti ITA. I think it's a fine line between a healthy craving for REAL appetite (for lack of better terminology) and an excuse to down a piece of cake or something. I don't know if most people ever can master the difference, but heck I just do my best too. And I'm rooting for you to get to surgery weight. EVERY single woman I know who has had a breast reduction does NOT regret it. EVERY one. You are smart to optimize your health before the surgery and I'm sure you'll heal fast and hopefully painlessly (although really I don't remember any of them hurting for long).

ItsMyTurn thanks. I think I'm a long ways off from Insanity. I can't believe I used to do so much and now I have hip/knee joint issues, the plantar fasciitis, and then whatever the fascial issue is (I refuse to be formally diagnosed with fibromyalgia but that's what the D.O. thinks and since there is no treatment I figure why keep testing). ANYWAY I just push myself gently, but I still push. I won't rule out Insanity or Body Pump (I really want that) in the future though :D:D You and your daughter are inspiring. Good luck on the midterm.

Wow Diana you really have done well! I get so impatient at times, but I figure this time next year if I eat right and workout (workouts are not hard for me generally as I love to exercise) I'll be better off, if not I'll be bigger off. Even if I'm not at "goal" per se, I'm thrilled with having forward momentum at least...and my weight is mostly in the stomach and boobs. My booty is flat :( no matter what I weigh it's not my favorite body part due to that.

Katie I have the same problem to a point. I started to say "I don't eat that" partly because I read it somewhere but partly because my stepmom and dad say that with regards to 99% of junk food...and both are very fit and healthy, meaning until the last 10 years running a marathon or a biathlon were regular activities for both of them (now they are 60 and 65 respectively) and they only stopped because they got into dog sled racing. I felt/feel like a snob sometimes, but you know you only get one life and for ME I'd rather be empowering myself and staying on track with "I don't" eat that versus "I CAN'T" eat that which implies someone else is controlling me or food or whatever. The only person that would really try to make me feel bad is my mother, but that's really her issue anyway.

Oh geez forgot the stats:

August 2nd, Thursday:
Calories 1740
Cycling 25
Yoga 50 minutes

Okay this is the icky part. I ate for lunch 2 pieces of the sourdough bread and the rest (which ironically was 1 cup) of the spaghetti with meat sauce (apparently they give you very little meat sauce) BUT I felt like CRAP after for about five hours. I mean REALLY achy and dog tired. I guess that's a carb overload or something which is something I've read about but NEVER experienced. I mean totally WIPED and almost flulike. My husband swears he gets this everytime he eats too many carbohydrates. I'm writing it down because I want to remember next time I do that to NOT do that. I don't know if it was because Wednesday night I didn't feel this. I don't know if it is because it was around 7 p.m. OR because I had the calamari beforehand which was fat (fried) and protein (squid) to balance it more? Whatever it is I did not like it.