3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2012 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/263868-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-august-2012-everyone-welcome.html)

derrydaughter 08-07-2012 09:08 AM

I made one day work for me. One day. Reminds me of the saying "One day at a time". I am attempting to use the "Lose It" app on my iPhone. I like that it even scans bar codes and you get the calories and info from food packaging. I had less than 1600 calories yesterday. I readjusted the program easily and went from wanting to lose 1/2 pound a week to 1 pound a week and today I am allow about 1400 calories instead. I hope I can make that happen.

Yesterday's log:

It shows that I was 152 calories over my daily budget right now, but only because I adjusted to try an lose more weight....

Breakfast:
2% Breakstone low fat cottage cheese (small container) 90 calories
whole grain bread, 2 slices 100 calories
grapefruit, 7 oz. 100 calories
soft margarine 45 calories
FF coffee creamer 20 calories (this is 1/8 cup, counted for the day)
Total 355 calories

Lunch
1 cup frozen chopped spinach, 65 C
Lean Cuisine Spaghetti with meat sauce 300 C
2 Tspn grated parmesan cheese 20C
Butter (on spinach) 68 C
Total for lunch 452

Dinner:
Scampi in foil packets done on grille (counted all the calories, but I did not consume all the oil????) 706 C
Brown rice 3/4 cup 164 C
Grilled Zucchini squash and onion (in foil on grille with non-stick spray) 15C
soft margarine (on rice) 45 C
Total for dinner 930

Snacks:

WW golden sponge cake 90C
Ice cream sandwich 170C

Total consumed 1998C
Total earned by exercise 429C
Net Calories in the day: 1569

The 1569 was less than the 1620 I was allowed. Today's calorie budget is 1417, less than it was yesterday as I adjusted to lose more weight. Hoping I can stick with it.

Does anyone else use the lose it app on their iPhone?

SerenityDiva 08-07-2012 11:25 AM

:cp: Misti on getting that rest and extra workout in! :cp: The heat takes it out of you. I grew up primarily in Southern California, so a DRY heat and generally cooler at night. But family is from the South, so when I moved back here (New Orleans originally) it was like being a sauna ALL THE TIME. It just sucks out any energy you have. Now we're in North Texas and sorry its STILL humid to me here. I hate our summers, but more so since I got fat. So uncomfortable! And when it's over 100 and humid, blech.

Devet sorry about your shoulder injury. At least you are still being active and that's a good thing! :cheer3:

Diana yay for the calories! My husband asked me if I eat the exact same everyday recently...I said "yeah right" :doh: although yesterday was weird I was NOT hungry at all. I did get the amount of protein I needed and veggies/fruit, but otherwise I was like meh..just wasn't hungry. I was surprised because I think I had close to 1400 anyway.

Campana WTG on the bread :bravo: Are you cooking something special or just a general dish? Like what are you thinking, chicken, vegan, fish?

DerryDaughter I use Lose It and on the iPhone. I love it. For me it's the most intuative (spelling) program I've tried. I compared it for a week at a time to SparkPeople, FatSecret, MyNetDiary (which is also good but not $10 good which is what I paid), and one other I can't remember. I hear good things about MyFitnessPal too. I don't particularly follow the program exactly, i.e., I didn't say "I want to lose 2 pounds a week" because I'm following The Simple Diet by Dr. James Anderson for the most part, but I'm counting calories too because I don't eat frozen entrees every single day. Because I cook for the family, some days I will eat what I make them and use the calorie count from that or add the recipe into that recipe thing at Spark people to get a good enough idea.

Monday, August 6th:
Calories 1396
Yoga 55 minutes
Cycling 25 minutes

Also I restarted APY60 which is some 60 day power yoga program at home. I did it during the holidays last year. Basically he (Kurt Johnsen) does these 10-20 minute warmup things 6 days a week, then you can workout OR do the practice later in the day. He has daily challenges, i.e., every time you see blue take a deep breathe, smile at people, no white flour, etc., etc. It was wonderful during the holidays to have a no brainer program to follow so I think now it might be, although I might substitute a different yoga program 1-2 times a week (you do the same workout 6 times each week/the daily blends are different daily and one day off) as well as my yin yoga or a long massage session one day a week on the "off" day.

derrydaughter 08-07-2012 05:27 PM

Keep on working....

Diana, I just read a whole bunch of postings and I am very impressed by what you have done for yourself. Great job! :cp:
This afternoon has been a hard one. I'm HUNGRY.
But, I have determined that this is "it" for me and I shall keep on working.

I want to say to others (can't recall your names, I'll learn) that are bothered by heat and recovering, that I have been there. It does get better.
What about swimming if you have a place nearby? That is always a can do exercise for me in hot weather. I also own a treadmill and can walk indoors in my air conditioned home.
As for recovery, I had a terrible fall two years ago last week. Believe it or not, I am still recovering after all this time and often I am in pain. It set me back a great deal with exercise. I am trying hard again. I just need to find what works and does not hurt.
Will post my daily "intake" later on. But needed to be back here as I'm driving myself crazy with hunger. I have kept away from the cookie jar and other snacks for the afternoon and I am proud of that.

CyberCrystal 08-07-2012 09:00 PM

Derrydaughter-- Yes "No more excuses" I hope I can remember that one. I am struggling with a very busy day at work at the moment but have made the time to log on and read a few posts.
Staying out of the staffroom today so that I don't eat the biscuits etc that are out on the table. I always have lots of excuses about why it is okay to have just this one and then just one more etc.

Have a good day everybody -- And I hope that heat dies down for you guys in the Northern Hemisphere who are having a hot time of it.

All the best to everybody. You are all an inspiration.

Misti in Seattle 08-07-2012 09:45 PM

Hello everyone... great to see all the good reports.

I am on target for today

Food was

AM
Tonic Alchemy in grapefruit juice, 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice

Breakfast
2 steamed eggs
6 bagel crisps
4 chunks fresh pineapple

Snack
Banana

Lunch
3 oz tuna packet
corn on the cob

Snack
None

Dinner
Large bowl mega-veggie slaw with nuts, avocado

Snack
Coffee with skim milk

Exercise:
45 minutes in pool

Planning to do some weight band/weight ball exercise a bit later.

Edited 8:30 PM. Wow, I just did an hour with the weight bands/Danskin balls. I didn't plan to... but put on a Hillsong concert on YouTube, lay flat on my back in bed with the weight bands/balls, and did a mostly gentle (some more strenuous) workout. It was soooo relaxing I could have almost gone to sleep doing it.

My doctor said I do not need to be concerned with doing too much or taking rest days because what I am doing is not weight-intensive enough for it to be a problem... she encouraged me to go for it.

Wow I had best go update my cyberwalk thread... I went 10.5 miles today!!

Diana3271 08-07-2012 10:00 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Itsmyturn Right now I dislike all of the Insanity workouts pretty equally. :lol: They are all tough. I don't remember if you mentioned, but did you get the extra workouts, too? What was the biggest difference between this month and next month? I know they are longer.

Misti Good job on getting that workout in last night.

Serenity I just ordered the new Dana Pieper (sp) Kickboxing workout and the Breathless Body 2 The Edge. I will probably get the Powerfit Harmony set the next time it goes on sale. It's out of print, so I think Mary is the only one that has it. Unless you go through Amazon, etc.

Devnet Good job on your food/exercise, yesterday.

Campana Good job with the bread. What type of recipes are you looking for? Here's a site you can search on: http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Mamakat Did you do the yoga with the Wii? Heck no! Insanity is not doable! I am totally lying! :lol: I'm just trying my best to keep up with Itsmyturn! ;)

Linda I don't have an iPhone, so I don't use anything like that. I just calorie count and look up calories online or on the package. It's the same idea, though. You can do this. Think positive and stay consistent with what you do. Sometimes, if I have the bottomless pit going on, I will eat a very large serving of steamed veggies. It seems to help.

Crystal Have a great day!

Diana3271 08-07-2012 10:02 PM

Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
1 order steamed broccoli 100 calories
2 small apples 200 calories

Exercise:
Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Misti in Seattle 08-07-2012 10:05 PM

It's been a long, exhausting day topped off with a workout but wanted to briefly share.

I saw my chiropractor today and she was thrilled with me! She could not believe how much better my posture is and could tell by that and also she said in my face that I am in so much less pain. She is a super encourager as well as wonderful doctor. She is right... I am able to stand up better without so much pain. She said she can also tell even in my face that I am losing weight. Wooot

stacygee 08-07-2012 10:39 PM

Hi Everyone. It has been so long for me to be here... but I really need to be here again. I was 7 pounds from losing 100 pounds about 8 months ago... but now I have gained about 30 pounds. It is just laziness about my diet and trying to reward myself with food. Also, I kept thinking I could exercise out my poor eating habits. No can do. It is 90% diet and 10% working out. Anyway, I hope you can welcome me back and know that I can help provide support and I just need a little accountability and support in return.

Diana3271: so happy to see your familiar and beautiful face. You look great! You have done so well maintaining!

mamakat: another familiar face and so great to see your results!

Everyone else... hello and thank you in advance for welcoming me back!

Misti in Seattle 08-07-2012 11:27 PM

Hi Stacy!! :welcome: back!!! Yes, it sure is easy to slip up but you caught yourself in time!! Good for you!!!

ItsMyTurn 08-08-2012 01:23 AM

Derry - I use the MyFitnessPal app on my IPod and computer. If I enter it on either device, it's there for me

Diva - Great way to get started on a program!

Crystal - Great job staying out of the staff room where the temptations are!!! That's an awesome NSV!!!

Misti - What a great workout! Way to get it done!!!

Diana - Your post had me :rofl: !!!! I didn't get the deluxe version, so no extra dvds for me, thank goodness! :lol: Not sure when I would do those. Month 1 to month 2 = doing regular workouts and going to month 1, :lol: I don't know how else to put it. That $hit looked scary and intense... I can't wait! :lol: Did the Plyometric Cardio tonight and had to stop less!!! My HRM alarm went off a ridiculous amount, but I dug in it and burned more calories tonight then I had so far. DD couldn't do with me today due to a foot injury, but she watched and was like "holy cow mom, you are going as fast as the 'machines' " :rofl: Thank goodness she wasn't there to see me on the floor at the end of the 2nd half!!!

Stacy - You can do it! You have done it before... just staying accountable helps :)

Mamakat - Doable? Insanity? Suuuuure...that's what we will say, :lol: Honestly know why they named it as they did though. You may not think it is so doable if you were in my house hearing me grunt, groan and yell during the workouts :rofl: I am ALWAYS dripping wet and sometimes shaky until I get my protein shake in me afterwards too :lol: Glad you were able to get your DD into the doctor for her well-check before school. My youngens have been in school for 2 days now. Oldest and youngest are attending and the middle kidlet is doing her first semester of schooling online due to her knee replacement. Her campus is too big for her to try and walk yet. Especially for the bus or fire drills.

Well, I had court today for the speeding ticket so took the day off of work. Judge was actually very cool and granted me the extension I need to get traffic school in and make the ticket go away. Not only did she grant it, but said with all I have going on, she was documenting that if I don't get it done in time for this one, then I am to be granted one more extension!! How cool was that?!? Came home, cleaned a bit, then DH cooked salmon and salad for supper (super yummers!). Got my schoolwork done, and then hit Insanity HARD. Got my shower in and now wanted to catch up on here before I laid down. I have to hit the bed though... not much sleep time tonight even with having the day off, LOL! Night all!!!

Diana3271 08-08-2012 07:01 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Tonight is my monthly hair appointment and I get to eat at the Japanese restaurant that I like. I normally have a sodium gain, so I will expect that for tomorrow.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148
Down: .2

Misti I'm glad things went well with the chiro and you both are seeing improvements with your health. Those are the little things that make our lives a better place. Its those things you think back on when things get tough and you want to throw in the towel. :carrot:

stacygee Hi and Welcome back! :wave: Thank you very much. :hug: We look forward to watching you reach your goals. You can do it! I agree about the food vs. exercise. Sometimes it's really hard. I understand.

Itsmyturn I am always talking to Shawn. Yesterday when he was telling me that I can do it, I proceeded to explain how old I actually am. :rofl: He just doesn't understand. :lol: I told him that I am old enough to be some of those kids Mom! Please, send me the motorized scooter! :rofl: I love the part where Shawn asks that one girl "how do you feel?" She said "like sh!t"! (they bleeped that part out) But I totally agree. :D Then that one girl says "can I leave". Yeah! I want to leave, too!. Question: When they go from standing, into a push up, then the sprints on the ground, etc. Are you able to keep up with the same number of moves they do? I wish they went a little slower. It takes me a little longer to get to the ground and in position. I am trying to avoid hurting myself. By the time I am in starting my push ups they have already done 1 or 2. I am glad to hear the judge was understanding.

Misti in Seattle 08-08-2012 07:15 AM

Good morning, everyone

Diana, thanks for the encouraging words. I gained back those two pounds earlier in the week and finally zapped one of them but the other is still hanging around. Grrrrrrr I'll beat that thing off though LOL

derrydaughter 08-08-2012 07:47 AM

I'm so glad I found you all. I think you are what I needed? No one else in my "circle" of people is making any kind of weight loss effort. That is a story for another day, but let's suffice to say that they should be and I hope to be a shining example?

CyberCrystal, If I had a very busy day like you. I think I would plan ahead and bring with me snacks and whatever food and beverage I might need. Days like that throw me off and I end up giving in to the stress when someone in the office pulls out a pizza delivery (substitute food of choice) menu and it becomes just easier to give in. I hope you get through the day and are proud of it. Planning is essential. I speak with knowledge as a lifetime WW member, though I am way over my goal and put on every pound, and then some. Just because I am not at my desirable weight, I sure know the program inside and out...

Misti, what is Tonic Alchemy? Medications? Also, what happened to your back?

Diana, good idea about the steamed veggies. I may chop some up and have ready and I wonder if I can steam them easily in my microwave without buying a fancy steamer? I guess a little water in the bottom of a covered casserole would do it OK? A big bowl with summer squash, beans, carrots and cauliflower would be comforting. I love that idea.

So, here is yesterday's "log":

Total calories allowed 1417, total used 1450, exercise 102, net 1348!

Day 2 completed and I am glad! :smug:

Breakfast:
Switched to low fat milk in my coffee and counting 1/8th cup for a few cups of coffee throughout the day, just is easier.
1/8 C low fat milk 14 calories
Whole grain "lite" English Muffin 100 C
Black raspberry preserves, 2 tsp. 33C
Breakstone 2% cottage cheese 90C
Buttery spray 0 C (trying to keep away from margarine or butter at breakfast, at least)

Total for breakfast: 237

Treadmill 30 min moderate pace earned 102C

Lunch:
Thin and Trim lean eye of round roast beef 70C
Whole grain lite Hamburger bun
sprayed with buttery spray and grilled 110C
Banana 105C
Total for lunch 285

Dinner:
Grilled Turkey cutlet, with citrus and olive oil
marinate 285C
3/4 cup brown rice 164C
Soft margarine, 1 T 45C
String beans, one cup 34C
Total for dinner 528

Snacks:
Quakes rice snacks 120C
2 mini ice cream cones 280C

I finished the day 70 calories under my allowance.

My scale moved down a bit this morning and I adjusted my signature tracker. I know it will probably go down a bit more throughout the week as I am just home from vacation. It was a vacation of eating out every night except one, so I am really trying hard to drop the vacation pounds here! But, it is not all about a vacation, I'm ready and it's time.

ItsMyTurn 08-08-2012 08:00 AM

Diana - The first time through on getting down, pushups, and sprint I do pretty good... however all the times after that I get slower and slower. It's so much easier to get down then up, so needless to say... I am down by the time they have like 2 pushups in :lol: takes me longer for the pushups, and by the time they do like round 4 of those, I am half dead, HRM goes nuts with alarm, and I am yelling "aren't we done this yet???" Then you hear him encouraging the others with "push through y'all"... ummm... :rofl: But I will say... 3.25" off chest and not even done with week 2 yet...and .5" off hips... and I have been on the 2nd LONG plateau for so long that it shows me this type of intensity was needed to push me to another level of fitness. My back (which is where the chest measurement comes in handy), waist, and upper arms is where I was looking to lose...so definitely loving this program while I hate it, :lol: The other measurements are the same, but that's HUGE to me and will totally take it! I am actually looking forward to the next Fit Test knowing I have made conditioning improvements too - obvious with how I am holding in there. The plyometric cardio one still is the one that kicks my butt the hardest though. I looked last night, but think tonight is Cardio Recovery. I didn't burn a ton of calories on that one last time but everything still shakes a bunch :lol:

New day, and going to have to stay an extra hour at work today due to a coworker taking the day off. So work in a half hour, get home shortly after 6pm, schoolwork/supper while at laptop, let stomach settle while finishing studying, and then Insanity before shower and bed. So habitual with my routine, but have to be or couldn't fit it all in :D Hope everyone has an awesome, on-plan day!!! Feel good about yourselves for putting in that effort for changes/maintaining changes. Someone might be watching you and using you for inspiration in real life without you ever knowing it- YOU may be the push someone is needing to make those same changes in THEIR lives!!