3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2012 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/263868-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-august-2012-everyone-welcome.html)

SerenityDiva 08-06-2012 12:37 PM

Thanks Diana for the signature help. It seems a little PITA for me, but I am sure I must be reading something wrong.

Misti I have no idea even the street. I just know the house was torn down and replaced by the time I went as an 11-year-old with an all glass looking house. His mom had a horse named Sugar in the early 70s when she lived there with her youngest daughter. WAY TO GO :broc: on the weight loss!

Hi Linda and Devnet! I hope you find something that works for you. I am following the Simple Diet, but I'm not super strict (i.e., I have to cook nightly for the kids and husband and sometimes I use that instead of a frozen entree as my meal probably 1-2 times a week).

Mamakat it's hard for me to talk to people I don't know. For me to initiate a conversation can be excrutiating, but I do it and I think it's great you are. I need to expland my circle of friends a bit I've learned as of late.

Saturday's report:
Calories 1850 (yep)
Yoga 50 minutes
Cycling 25 minutes

Sunday's report:
Calories 1439
Yoga 75 minutes
Cycling 25 minutes

Any ideas on LOW impact to NO impact cardio besides swimming? I am enjoying the bike, but in the future I'm hoping to add to it. I have plantar fasciitis so keep that in mind. I'm toying with some sort of cardio karate (maybe the DVDs I've seen from J.B. Berns) as I enjoyed taekwondo when I took it, but it made my back flare (I was also 20+ pounds heavier).

Misti in Seattle 08-06-2012 06:41 PM

Hello everyone

Linda and Devnet.... :welcome3:

Just checking in -- will come back later and post my food and stuff. My weight was up two pounds this morning but it did not surprise me since I weighed earlier (going to work) plus I had a late dinner yesterday. I know I did not deserve the gain so it is okay. Well not okay but it is what it is LOL.

Today has been the biggest struggle for me so far, but I think it is because I have not felt well, plus I don't cope well with this heat so I did not sleep much last night. I had an ear of corn to take for my lunch to have with cottage cheese, but forgot it. BUT in the past I probably would have gone to the machines and gotten Cheetos and root beer. :) Today I opened up a can of peas and carrots I had in my desk and mixed it with cottage cheese.

Big victory thougth that I did NOT (edited... yeeks I left out the "not" earlier LOL... head for food to make myself feel better. Ate what I was supposed to and that's it!

Diana3271 08-06-2012 08:15 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Derrydaughter Hi and welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Mamakat Good to see you check-in today. You did great interacting with the other people.

Itsmyturn I had a rough time with Insanity today. A friend of mine lost her Mom yesterday morning. My mind was in overdrive last night and I didn't sleep well. I am going to try to get to bed early tonight. Did you and your DD do a workout today? Do you have a favorite of the workouts, so far? I think the easiest is Pure Cardio. What do you think?

Crystal Enjoy your evening out with your friends.

Campana Hi :wave: I hope you had a great day.

Serenity Did you figure out the ticker? Do you like Leslie Sansone? How about Petra Kolber?

Misti Good job on your food choices today. I struggle more when I don't rest well and/or feel well.

Diana3271 08-06-2012 08:37 PM

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (670 Calories)
Grilled Sirloin 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
raw carrots 20 calories
Mango puree 50 calories

Exercise:
Check-In: Insanity Pure Cardio

SerenityDiva 08-06-2012 08:40 PM

Thanks Diana. I did find it and it helped. Also I think I'll pull out some of my Leslie's and add them. I have a few Petra's too!

Diana3271 08-06-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerenityDiva (Post 4429524)
Thanks Diana. I did find it and it helped. Also I think I'll pull out some of my Leslie's and add them. I have a few Petra's too!

I'm glad you got the ticker figured out. It can be confusing. Petra's workout are not my style, but they get really good reviews. I always keep a few Leslie's that I won't ever get rid of. Do you have Stephanie Huckabee's Power Fit Harmony? I am thinking about getting those.

ItsMyTurn 08-06-2012 08:56 PM

Diva - Not sure if you have access to one, but elliptical is also good for super low impact. Ice works for inflammation to things that get irritated from impact exercise too, so be sure to do that after the workouts and it will help you tremendously

Misti - Sorry about your struggles today, I think we all have those "harder than they should be" days. Hopefully that false 2lbs will drop for you real soon :)

Diana - Sorry to hear of the emotional time. Lack of sleep does effect the workouts a great deal at times, but to push through is admirable, great job on that! My favorite is probably the Cardio Resistance. I love how killer it feels :) I don't find the pure cardio to be easy at all because my HRM alarm goes off regularly. As my endurance builds though, I am hoping it has less effect on my heart/lung issues, :lol: If it doesn't, that's cool too cause I get a rush off being so dripping with sweat, LOL!!!! Is that pure cardio your favorite? DD and I peeked at the next month videos and we are scared and excited all at once, :rofl: We skipped Friday, but did 2 on Saturday to make up the day...didn't take Sunday off as the calendar said to because we are trying to push the "rest day" off a bit to work it out to Fridays. I am thinking we are going to go for it tonight and do one too :) Pure Cardio is on tap if we do. Loving this Insanity!!!

SerenityDiva 08-06-2012 09:02 PM

Diana I'm sorry about your friend's mom, I missed that earlier. I've toyed with getting Powerfit Harmony, but have not yet, I might just get it especially if it goes on sale again.

ItsMyTurn, I don't and I love ellipticals. I would have loved to had that, but the bike's footprint is smaller and right now finances aren't permitting a gym membership. However, after another year they should..although I think by then I might be in good enough shape to start up with taekwondo or something again. I'm the ice queen...haha..as far as my feet it helps a bit. The best thing for me is stretching them and the rest of my body..well I was getting massages but I can't do those anymore $$$$. But I've found some massage therapies and tools that helps A LOT. If y'all would have seen me two years ago and my limitations you would be shocked. It's so so much better. :carrot:

Misti in Seattle 08-06-2012 09:35 PM

Thanks, all, for the encouraging word. Yes, I think I was just totally exhausted from working out so much yesterday and the heat and lack of sleep. Came home from work tonight and crashed for an hour or so, and now things are looking better. I did not even want dinner but decided I needed to eat it so I did. Here is today's report.

AM
Tonic Alchemy in grapefruit juice, 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice

Breakfast
3 oz tuna packet
6 carrot sticks
6 bagel crisps

Snack
6 fresh pineapple chunks

Lunch
1 can mixed peas and carrots
cottage cheese

Snack
Banana

After work snack
Iced coffee with skim milk

Dinner
Mega-veggie slaw with lots of veggies, mixed nuts, dried cranberries
1 slice healthy made pizza

No workout - my body is demanding a break so I am giving it

Edited 8:30 PM. Ha scratch that last statement! After a nap I felt much better so went out to the pool for 45 minutes. I think a bit later I will bring out the weight bands and balls and do 15 minutes or so.

Edited 10:30 PM. Just did 25 minutes with weight bands and Danskin weight balls. These things are so nice because I can just lie on my back in bed, turn on music videos on YouTube, and get a pretty good "extra" workout! I am going to go google to see if there are additional things I can use this way.

Wow, have to go upgrade my walk to Victoria thread!!!! Just added 7 virtual miles today!!!

devnet 08-06-2012 09:36 PM

Another decent day here. Pretty pleased so far.

Breakfast/lunch: the 230g bowl of spaghetti sauce I never wound up eatng last night, plus a small bowl of salad - 21g carb

Snack: 25g blueberries, 1 boiled egg - 4g carb

Dinner: pork chop with mushroom cream sauce, and boiled broccoli - 20g carbs

Total so far = 45g carbs. I will likely have a snack or small meal later though.

As for activity, my shoulder is healing from an injury so I'm trying to take it easy. All I did today was go bowling and swimming (more like goofing off and playing frisbee in the pool)

Not a bad day in any way. I'm content with it.

Misti in Seattle 08-06-2012 11:38 PM

Devnet... I am curious. You just eat spaghetti sauce by itself? Do you make it yourself or is it from a jar or...???

I am always open to new ideas.

And congratulations... I see you just landed in "Twoderville!:

Campana 08-07-2012 12:31 AM

Hi everyone hope everyone had a wonderful day.Although today wasn't that great of a day for me diet-wise . Although I do acknowledge myself for not going overboard. I have a thing for sweets and for some reason I was hungry all day! When I stopped at my mom's she had sweet bread and eventhough I knew it was a big :nono: I still grabbed some I only got half of the bread and ended up eating only half of the half lol So technically I only ate 1/4. Every bite I took which was 3 I kept telling myself I was doing wrong. So I ended up tossing it in the trash! Way to go for me!

Breakfast
Almond milk, banana, strawberry milkshake

Snack
pear

Lunch
Tuna, tomato, sour cream ( I was really tempted in using mayo)
Side salad with cucumber
4 crackers

Snack
pear

Dinner
Raisin Bran & Milk

Exercise
1 hour walk

Would you girls be able to give me some recipes I have no clue what to cook for tomorrow.

Diana3271 08-07-2012 07:00 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1440 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.2
Down: .4

Misti in Seattle 08-07-2012 07:11 AM

Good morning, everyone

Campana, way to go for throwing out that bread!! Even though that small amount would not really have hurt you, sometimes it is the discipline of not eating something we don't feel we should be eating, and throwing it out!!!

Everyone have a great day!

mamakat 08-07-2012 07:57 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is the first day I don't have to go to New Haven, therapist is on vacation for two weeks...aw, I feel on vacation too :) DD has a doctor's appt. that is long over due...City wrote me a lovely letter and said she wouldn't be able to attend school if she wasn't seen by the 15th of Aug. It's really hard to get an appt. for healthy visits at our peds because they are the only ones in town. I explained and they were super nice about it. I said my only job was to take the kittens where they needed to be and pay the bill...I have really dropped the ball with this one as they had sent a bill to the collectors from last year...I kept saying I'll get to it then forget it. Same way with the appt. So I'm cutting it super close.

Two days out of bed (yesterday, I took DD to get a new fashionable hair cut) and almost 2 lbs dropped. This body aches to move. August is so hot though. I sweat just sitting in the car. So I was fascinated a few weeks back from sweating for the first time, now I'm complaining how sweaty I get...it's a lot! I'm never happy :p

DS finally brought back the Wii so I thought I'd do some yoga since walking in this heat is out. I can use it to slowly stretch out my body. I'm not fully recovered from what we are now assuming was a major flare-up and muscle fatigue from the hike all at once. I'm just glad I can walk again, but have a little fear of putting myself in the same situation. I've grown fond of moving and it's super depressing when I can't. My hands and right hip haven't recovered fully (that's how we know it was a flare up as well since I don't walk on my hands :p). But they work and that's really all I care about...I've learned to live with the pain...I just hate hate hate not having use of my body when I want to use it.

Complaining done. You all are doing wonderfully. Diana and ItsMyTurn the way you talk about Insanity, it sounds doable. You two are just whipping through it. You two are amazing and so dedicated. Misti way to go getting in the exercise, glad the nap helped. Campana I say that is an awesome NSV as I couldn't throw out bread once I put it in my mouth...and I'm gluten intolerant and know it's going to wreak havoc on my body...I'd still eat it. Good job. Devnet your menu looks good. I eat spaghetti sauce over my salad (that's how DH serves it), I find it taste weird that way, but don't complain as he's the chef in this house. Serenity how about yoga? Is that even cardio, I don't know. I totally need to expand my circle of friends :lol: I've lived here for 16 years and I don't have one friend to show for it. All my friends are on Facebook and here. No one ever believes me when I tell them that. I think it would shock my entire circle of doctors if came to them and said, 'I have a friend'. :lol:

Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!