3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2012 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/263868-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-august-2012-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 08-10-2012 11:42 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Misti Enjoy your weekend!

Mamakat Awesome workout, yesterday! Happy Anniversary! :love: You could always have gluten free rolls w/garlic rosemary oil. Enjoy your day!

Serentiy I have to eat by a certain time, so I understand. If I don't eat, it's someone else's fault and they deserve what they get. ;) Just kidding. :D Keep us updated on how your DH does with his new eating plan. I eat Oikos yogurt because it doesn't have the thickeners that Chobani has. Some of the thickeners are legumes. I avoid them because of my food allergy.

Speaking of my food allergy: I think it is getting worse. The thing is that I don't react immediately to the allergen. It takes a while. A week ago last Saturday, DH and I went to Edisto Beach/Island for a fishing tournament. We had to eat at a small family owned restaurant. I was very limited as to what I could order. Last Sunday/Monday I could feel that I was having some breathing issues. Nothing major, but I could tell the difference. That was a week later. My mouth was broke out during the previous week. I also had stomach cramps that week. Monday night I decided to start taking Benadryl again. The breathing situation cleared up overnight. I can tell it's getting a little worse. I need to make sure that I really watch what I eat in those unusual situations. I will have to make sure that I notify the staff of my allergy when I go on the cruise. Maybe that will keep my eating in check while I'm away.

Linda I have have always allowed Saturday to be a little higher calorie day for me. Maybe you can do that. Add up how many calories in wine that you drink and lower your calories by a few each day during the week. I used to drink wine on the weekend, too. I was having issues with one or two glasses would end up being the whole bottle. Nothing wrong with that since I was at home and not bothering anyone. Then I noticed that I really got the munchies when I was drinking the wine. I had to end up stopping the wine. Last Summer, we went out of town and DH and I had a mixed drink. I ending up eating the majority of the appetizer, all the bread basket but one piece (I allowed DH to eat that :o), I ate all of my food, some of DH's food, my dessert, some of his dessert, then I made DH stop at another place and I got 2 more desserts. :yikes: Did I mention that alcohol gives me the munchies. :rofl: Sending you good strength for the weekend.

Campana Congrats on your first 5 pounds! :bravo:

Itsmyturn Insanity is getting ugly! Today was two workouts! My shirt was totally wet, top, bottom, front and back.

Diana3271 08-10-2012 11:46 PM

Total Approx 1520 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Shared Salad 150 calories
Grilled Steak 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Insanity Pure Cardio
Cardio Abs

Diana3271 08-11-2012 08:25 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Enjoy your weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1520 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.8
Down: .2

Diana3271 08-11-2012 08:37 AM

A friend just sent me an email with a link to a short video clip. I thought it was really cute. What is our reward for working out? :rofl: http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=yEH4Yum4nN4

derrydaughter 08-11-2012 08:54 AM

Yesterday, I met a few challenges well.
I had planned to serve a certain meal for dinner, but ended up taking my daughter to the doctor and we ended up eating dinner out, to top it off at a Chinese Restaurant. I had a lite beer and steamed chicken and vegetables with plain rice. I met this challenge well, I think. Everyone else had food that was tempting and much worse. I was proud.

Here is how the day shakes out:

Calorie allowance: 1399

Breakfast:

Cantaloupe 69C
Bran flakes 90 C
Simply Smart Milk 1 cup (added extra for coffee in this) 120C
Total breakfast 279

Lunch:
Carrots 45C
Chicken breast 3 oz. 80C
Light Wheat Bread 70C
soft margarine 45C
Total for lunch: 240

Dinner:
Bud Light 110C
Steamed Chicken and Vegetables 302C (used a major chain restaurant to estimate the calories on this, it was hard to estimate and I brought half of it home with me)
Soy Sauce 10C
Caolories for dinner: 422

Snacks:
Quakes rice cakes 120C
Banana 105C
Grapes 1/8 cup 13C
Low Fat Greek Yogurt 3 oz 101C
Total for snacks 339

Exercise:

Treadmill 118C 35 min, moderate

So, that was my day. According to my lose it app, I was 235 Calories under where I should have been. I had to estimate what I ate out, so I called it a "day" and I have to say that I went to bed feeling fully satisfied and not hungry. Per usual, the afternoon was my hungry time. I need to find a mid afternoon snack that truly fills me up.

Linda

mamakat 08-11-2012 09:18 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana love the video! So cute.

Plans for anniversary was postponed, DH said it was suppose to rain all day so that must mean he's going to walk me somewhere. I can use the walk right now. DD baked the cake. I had a huge slice after dinner last night on top of 1/4 cup of licking frosting...ugh, what a belly ache that caused. At 3am I was wide awake with another belly ache/starving (thank you sugar) and RLS. SO went down stairs where I could move around without waking DH. Kittens came down for chatting and DD ended up working out on the Wii for 50 mins. After that I crashed on the couch...haven't done that in years especially because of the rats, which had my nose running faster than DD on the Wii :p Oh and I had a second piece of cake. Woke up with the worst taste in my mouth, a kink in my neck and back and a belly ache. SO that's the extent of my off plan day. I was gonna do it all day long, but it's not worth the pain. Maybe I can burn off this cheat today and not see it on WI. Who knows. Anyway, I gotta find something to do...I'm clearly out of my depression and slightly manic so I must move move move.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

Misti in Seattle 08-11-2012 10:18 AM

Good morning, everyone.

Not going to post my food yesterday as it was a busy day and I did not write it all down. More than usual but I am okay with what I ate. For lunch I went to a place called "Pita Pit" which was yummy! You choose a pita (I chose wheat) and if you want, meat (chicken for me) and they have a huge display of fresh veggies and you can put whatever you want. I wish there was one of these closer to home, as it was a fantastic, healthful lunch! I just checked their website and you can "build" the pita and find out all of the nutritional info in it. Wow, mine was a huge, delicious sandwich and had 410 calories!!!

Oh well I will go back and try to build what I ate. :) The Tonic Alchemy stuff of course... and for breakfast on the ferry (wanted something light before I worked out)

2 steamed eggs
8 rice crackers

Snack
coffee with cream

Lunch
Pita Pit sandwich

Snack
6 oz cup frozen yogurt (approx 200 calories)

Later snack
a few mixed nuts

Dinner
Small chicken teriyaki bowl with rice, broccoli, carrots

I did not realize my friends were planning a BBQ so later I ate
Mixed fresh fruit... 3 kind of melon, pineapple
2 slices fresh tomatoes
2 potato chips
2 bing cherries
(passed up the most fantastic looking hamburgers, which I LOVE)

Snack
1 dark chocolate Hershey's Kiss

I did 1.5 hours of water workout, including a fun game of water volleyball for an hour.

Today is the arts festival so I will be out running around.

SerenityDiva 08-11-2012 10:20 AM

LOL Diana that video is cute. I do get the have to eat by a certain time, but you do. He doesn't. He like literally will go from 7 p.m. until 5 p.m. the next day without eating...I know everyone is different but geez dude EAT. He has decided he is going to have chips and salsa (homemade salsa or this one from a restaurant that's smoked) once a week. I doubt it will be once a week because the restaurant is 15 miles in another direction and he's not going to make it weekly, I know him. But regardless I told him I don't think that's the worst thing in the world. I had no idea about Chobani and legumes. I don't think I have any allergies, but I do have an intolerance to milk. I can eat cheese, ice cream (not shakes though), yogurt, and milk in recipes, but give me a shake or milk in a cup without Lactaid and well let's just say you and I will suffer if you have any sense of smell ;) It's always been that way since I hit puberty and my daughter has the same issue. I get ridiculed for it a lot, but I finally just told people I did have a saliva test and they shut up. I don't understand why people have to comment on what I do or don't eat anyway, if I'm not taking it off your plate--then it doesn't affect you LOL. Rant over.

Linda I've been doing a shake and 1 cup about of frozen fruit or fresh (usually frozen though) in the afternoon. I don't know if that'd work for you, but it does for me. I also really like those Blue Diamond almond crackers, but I do not think for me they'd work the same. Just throwing some ideas out there :) You're doing great with tracking. I don't know if Lose It! does "friends" like MyFitnessPal but if so my username is the same and if you want to add me, please do!

Ugh MamaKat it sounds like a horrible night. I hope you guys get to celebrate soon and your stomach feels better now.

Yesterday was a slight "win" or whatever. I met a girlfriend for lunch at a Mexican place. I figured on having fajitas. She said the fajitas light have more veggies, it was $2 more, but I figured meh I'd rather have more veggies than save $2. It was cauliflower, brocolli, mushrooms (YUMMY always), red and green peppers, onions, and I estimated 3-4 ounces of steak. I didn't special order, i.e., I didn't say "save the tortillas" or "no beans and rice." Well this girl is the one that eats caveman style and so it's a good influence. The chips came. We maybe ate 3 between the 2 of us..maybe. They have great salsa and I didn't "actively" think "no chips" but I didn't want them anticipating the food. Then the HUGE skillet of veggies arrived and I didn't realize it came with sides (different plate) of beans, rice, and of course the tortillas. I didn't eat the beans, rice, or tortillas and couldn't finish all the skillet (left probably 1/2 cup of onions I mean this thing was stacked!)...but it wasn't an "active" decision making process. I just knew I wasn't hungry and ate what I wanted. The calorie count I used was from On the Border of steak fajitas sans tortillas so I figured around 500-600 and put it in at 580. I did not eat the cauliflower as I hate it and next time I'll see if they will sub mushrooms or brocolli or just remove it all together. I also had tea, but only one glass...which I won't do again sorry it was not worth $2.99 for a freaking tea.

Stats from August 10th, Friday:
Calories 1668
Yoga 55 minutes
Cycling 25 minutes

Next month or after 4 weeks I'm increasing the cycling to the program on the bike which is more interval at least every other time. I don't particularly want to keep increasing time, but intensity.

Also Diana the 10 workout Powerfit arrived yesterday! I don't know if I will add it now or when the kids start school (end of August).

Misti have fun today! It sounds like it will be. I like the idea of the Pita Pot. I love pita pockets. As a kid my dad used to do them with sprouts (which I don't like) all the time.

Diana3271 08-11-2012 10:40 AM

Campana I was in Walmart last night and saw this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dance-Off-...-Pack/17376012 Are these workouts similar to Zumba? If so, it seems like a good deal.

ItsMyTurn 08-11-2012 11:14 AM

Diana - Since DD and I took a day off earlier in the week, today is our double workout. SOOO scared about it. Not sure how good I am going to do on the abs when I can barely breathe from prior workout, but.. bring it on! :lol: I am still loving it all though. I don't like being on the floor breathing, but LOVE the energized feel I have after I cool down...almost like my whole body relaxes since I kicked the crap out of it, :rofl:

Diana3271 08-11-2012 09:34 PM

Linda Good job in how you dealt with your challenge for the day.

Mamakat Did you do anything else fun for the day. Sometimes I don't think off plan days are worth it. I always feel bad, full, bloated, sleepy, etc. But I so look forward to them. Doesn't make sense, does it? :lol:

Misti Good job on your accountability post!

Serenity Oh, heck no! I couldn't go that long without eating! Someone would die for sure! I will give you an example of something that happened yesterday. DH was talking with customers on the phone at lunch time. He asked me to go get his lunch. I got tied up in traffic and didn't get back until 1 PM. I eat at 12. DH knows how I am. He had all of my lunch stuff on my desk and my water poured for me since I was eating an hour later. I am a big fan of Survivor, DH and I had this conversation a couple years ago . . . . DH suggested that I try out for Survivor. He felt that I was fit enough and that I could handle it. I told him NO that would not work out very well. He asked why? I proceeded to explain to him that I cannot go without food and/or starve like that. Then I told him that the first person that pissed me off would come up missing and they would end up being BBQ'd for my dinner. He hasn't brought that up again. :rofl: I did my new kickboxing workout today and loved it.

Itsmyturn Did you survive the two workouts? :lol: Where are you at in the rotation? Tomorrow is my second fit test.

Diana3271 08-11-2012 09:42 PM

Total Approx 1475 Calories + :coffee: - Wow! I did really well today. This was suppose to be my higher calorie day. I stayed full/satisfied today, too. That's a good day!

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (285 Calories)
Good Food Made Simple Steel Cut Oatmeal Vermont Maple Syrup Variety 180 calories
Fat Free Ricotta Cheese 105 calories

Dinner (795 calories)
Turkey Smoked Sausage 160 Calories
Red Rice 200 calories
Broccolini 100 calories
Strawberry shortcake 335 calories

Exercise:
Dana Pieper's Kickbox Challenge w/weighted gloves

stacygee 08-12-2012 08:56 AM

Serenity: I teach a Spinning class at Golds Gym.
Diana: Thx for the tidbit abotu egg whites. I am going to get them today. I went to the grocery store yesterday but forgot them. It is always easy to do when you are adding something new!

I had a bit of a setback the past couple of days. Friday I stacy on my program but didn't get to exercise becasue I ended up working a double. Saturday I stryed a bit off my program at night and I didn't exercise. I was up 2 pounds on the scale this morning. I'm not going to change my ticker. Hopefully it'll be back down tomorrow. I will stay on my program and exercise a bit today. I am really sick but I don't want to go three days without exercise.

Diana3271 08-12-2012 09:04 AM

Good Morning , Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1475 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.8
No Change

Stacy I agree. Don't change your ticker, especially if you are not feeling well. Give it a couple days. I'm sure it will be back down. Have a good one!

Misti in Seattle 08-12-2012 09:47 AM

Good morning, everyone. Off we go on another successful day!

Yesterday my food was:

Breakfast
Scrambled egg white with fresh spinach, tomatoes, other veggies (the innkeeper here fixes those special for me)

Snack (at Eagle's Song Health Food Store)
Tonic Alchemy blended in fresh spinach, kale, coconut milk, pineapple, fresh lime

Lunch (Eagle's Song Health Food Store)
Sandwich made with almond bread made from manioc root flour (YUM!!!)
With tomatoes, onion, pickle, avocado, vegenaise, mustard, black olives

Snack
Iced coffee with 2 individual half and half serving
small handful mixed nuts

Dinner (with friends)
Went to Pita Pit for takeout sandwiches only to find out they had closed early. So
4 small slices genuine Italian made pizza (very low in fat, etc.; the healthiest pizza in town)

Snack
A few mixed nuts

Exercise - walking around a lot at the arts festival -- going to count it as 40 minutes although it was likely quite a bit more altogether.