3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2012 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/263868-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-august-2012-everyone-welcome.html)

Campana 08-03-2012 11:54 PM

I didn't get a chance to log yesterdays food intake.

Breakfast
Oatmeal, almond milk blueberries & cinnamon.

Snack
Cherries

Lunch
Chicken fajitas with sauteed spinach and brocolli

Dinner
Cucumber with lemon, and remaining sauteed spinach and brocolli mix..

Snack again
Cherries

Yesterday's exercise was good. I went out for a 30 minute walk + rode bike to a family members house not sure how long it was...

Campana 08-04-2012 12:17 AM

Misti keep up the great work so you wont ever again see the 270 mark I know you can do it! I also think you can reach your 230 weight goal by christmas. We will be here to cheer you on!

Mama great for you! Sounds like you had fun!

Diana; your mall walking sounds like fun. Althought I personally will put that off until I loose more weight.:lol:

Itsmyturn Good luck on your test

Katie I know how hard it is when you have people around you who don't eat healthy. I am very weak especially with sweets... But if your aunt is not visiting anymore make sure you are back in track. Check in more often please..

Serenity perhaps you felt like that because of the carbs and since you have been eating healthy it was too much for your body.. Or perhaps your exercise... Hope you will do better today..

Cyber thanks for the good wishes. i know how it is you want to get to all the post and it is sometimes hard. not enough time sometimes lol

So on the other hand I have ordered the Zumba DVD's I hope to receive them soon... yay!!

Misti in Seattle 08-04-2012 01:24 AM

Hi everyone

I'm exhausted but wanted to check in. I was not going to work out tonight so went shopping after work. But tonight I was lying here and was aching all over and realized my muscles were begging for a workout. So I did 45 minutes in the pool.

Today' food

AM - Tonic Alchemy in small amount grapefruit juice, 1/2 fresh squeezed lime

Breakfast
Greek vanilla yogurt
Black raspberries

Snack
?? (to edit when I look at my notes LOL)

Lunch
3 oz tuna packet
6 bagel crisps
3 tiny Satsumas

Snack (company meeting; passed up big display of meats, cheeses, guacomole (!!!), etc.
3 carrot sticks
3 celery sticks
1 pc broccoli
1 slice cucumber
2 chunks tomato

Dinner
hamburger patty
lettuce
pickles
tomatoes
mustard/ketchup
1/2 can peas
cottage cheese

Snack
none

I love hamburgers so decided to stop by my favorite hamburger stand and ask if they would serve it without the bread and add extra tomatoes, lettuce and pickles. They said they do it a lot. I offered to pay extra if needed but they just charged me the regular price and added a very nice portion of the items. I brought it home and added the peas and cottage cheese, and made a wonderful dinner!

I was not going to work out today but my body actually rebelled. I was all achy and decided my muscles were begging me to stretch them out a bit; so out to the pool I went.

Crystal, it would be super if you joined me on my cyber walk! I had thought about just letting the thread die since no one has joined me, but I decided to go ahead and post there today. It would be fun to have a cyber walk partner. I am now past Shelton WA and headed toward McCleary. :)

Misti in Seattle 08-04-2012 04:29 AM

Oh and I too had thought about paying myself $10 for every pound I lose. So I decided to do it, only for every 10 pound that one is $25 instead of $10. I calculated it out yesterday and am going to put $480 into a separate account that I have but don't use, and keep adding it up. I am also saving all of the $5 bills I get.

Diana3271 08-04-2012 08:13 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.2
Down: .2

Campana :yay: for the new Zumba DVD's! I am contemplating buying a couple more DVD's myself. I don't actually need anything new since I am doing a rotation right now. They are still calling and whispering to me though. ;)

Misti Good job on getting the exercise in tonight. I am totally envious of the pool that you have access to. I didn't see your post about the virtual walk. I haven't had time to read the new posts recently. I have been doing good to keep up with my regular check-ins. There was something like that going on at another forum where I am a member. If I see it again, I will let you know.

Misti in Seattle 08-04-2012 09:11 AM

Diana, here is a link to my virtual walk thread

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...ny-takers.html

I am having fun with it. I have been involved in virtual walks before but mine has a bit of a different twist. I picked a place I would love to go, that is an "achievable" walking goal, AND... important part... that is reasonably close enough and affordable enough that I can actually GO there for real when I have "walked" there!

I am a huge fan of B&Bs since I went to one on Whidbey Island (a couple hours away) a few years ago and became very close friends with the innkeepers, so I go back now every month or so. So I will choose a nice B&B in the Seaside OR area. Usually when I travel I just stay in inexpensive hotels but this time is going to be a nice B&B; I will have earned it.

No one has joined me in the thread (I really thought someone would) so I was debating about just letting it die and just posting my progress here... but I decided to just leave it up and keep updating the link. After I complete my Seaside walk I plan to choose a different place and do it again.

Campana 08-04-2012 12:57 PM

Misti Way to go! you didn't slack off on a day of exercise. Swimming sounds pretty fun and relaxing.. You did wonderful during your snack at work and also with your hamburger. Also, you have soo many ideas of keeping yourself motivated. I like the $$ you are putting aside. You will have plenty of cash for you to buy new clothes when you loose all the weight you want. About your virtual walk that really sounds fun!

SerenityDiva 08-04-2012 01:12 PM

Mamakat take care of yourself. :hug: I hope it's the good sore from the hike.

CyberCrystal ugh about the sound system, but glad the mirror thing is over and you go through it. :bravo:

Diana thanks for sharing your story AND the encouragement. I was kind of irritated with myself yesterday because I didn't do my yoga (mostly because I don't schedule a rest day and if I'm not feeling it, I figure it's God's way of saying skip it). Anyway then our planned meal changed to eating out. I ended up getting McDonald's. Unsweet tea, a side salad (no dressing as I just wasn't wanting to add calories and not one of those people that needs dressing, and the McDouble sans cheese. I saw my calorie count was higher, but more so than that (I don't mean A lot higher) but I had had the meal at the Italian place, the leftovers AND THEN THIS..so sodium you know makes some (me) bloat. I was surprised to be down another 0.2 pounds, which isn't much, but better than being up so I was :broc: a bit this morning. However, I keep in mind weight loss is not like EXACTLY X amount per we, and I know with my period it's going to be no loss for a few days and probably a gain, then a whoosh, then it cycles..blah blah blah. It *can be* at times disheartening, which is one reason I'm here to remember I'm NOT alone, there are people starting, going through it, and maintaining ALL pretty darn supportive and all with words of wisdom and gentle kicks in the butt at times...so anyway I appreciate all of you.

Campana WTG :bike2: on the increased activity level. I think I've mentioned before my dad and stepmom are VERY active for people in general, but they don't even stick to a real regimen anymore (although she does Pilates and yoga when she feels like it and my dad does stretch daily). They walk the dogs (they have about 10-12 at any given time), hike, etc., etc. As a kid I remember they had to be at work so ran at 5 a.m., weights/Pilates or something after work, then a walk before or after dinner. I am convinced because it's part of their lifestyle is why they are both pretty darn healthy and successful at weight maintenance and fitness. Can you tell I'm proud of them? LOL. And thanks I do feel a lot better. I have no idea what hit me, but glad to have flushed it out. I'm :cp: about your new Zumba DVDs! Enjoy.

Misti yay for you for the workout! I'm glad you listened to your body :swim: Do you have something in mind you're saving for with your weight loss money? LOL my dad was raised on Whidbey Island, but back then it was not that posh. I've not seen it since probably 1981 and I remember him saying it was different then than when he grew up (1950s).

Does anyone know how to change the ticker? I'm having problems figuring it out.

Stats for yesterday, Friday, August 3rd
Calories 1443
Cycling 25 minutes

No yoga. I wasn't moved to do it so since I don't schedule a "rest day" I figured that was fine. Also went mall and back to school shopping for four hours with my daughter...so I did walk more than usual, but we were not like speed walking obviously.

SerenityDiva 08-04-2012 03:19 PM

Hi all, just wanted to say I had a FABULOUS yoga practice today! I think I definitely needed yesterday off. Hopefully everyone is having a terrific Saturday.

Diana3271 08-04-2012 10:35 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Serenity Good job on the yoga! Did you figure out how to edit your ticker? If not, here's a link that should help you. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

Diana3271 08-04-2012 10:40 PM

Approx 1810 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 calories)
Homemade cheeseburger 400 calories

Dinner (1015 Calories)
Salad 150 calories
Spaghetti squash 100 calories
meat sauce 300 calories
garlic bread 125 calories
apple pie 230 calories
vanilla ice cream 110 calories

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk

Campana 08-05-2012 01:09 AM

Hello girls!

Serenity awesome job with your yoga! Keep it up!

I know I didn't post my food intake for yesterday (friday) so here it goes

breakfast
Spinach, blueberry, almond milk smoothie <--- I need some tips on how to prepare this. It was pretty nasty.

Snack
Grapes

Lunch
Leftover fajitas on a bed of greens

Snack
kiwi & grapes

Dinner
Same as lunch

apprx 1118 cal.

Today's food intake

Breakfast
Oatmeal,apple,almond milk

Snack
Carrots

Lunch/Dinner
Chillis Santa Fe salad

Snack
half a pear and 2 kiwi's

Apprx 1048 cal

Exercise 1 hour walk

It has been a while since I took a long walk and it felt amazing! I LOVE the feeling when I get home super tiered. My legs seem to be pumping all the blood and that feels awesome.

Campana 08-05-2012 01:14 AM

Quick question:

While tracking my calorie intake I notice that my total protein is always more than my goal. I assume protein is good. Right?

ItsMyTurn 08-05-2012 02:01 AM

Diana - Great job getting in the mall walk today :)
Wow that Pure Cardio was pure killer! :lol: Wow! Today my DD and I did 2 rounds of Insanity because I ended up being too exhausted last night to do any. So we did one this morning, then did today's this evening. I didn't want to fall behind and we actually have to try to get our "rest day" to be on Fridays. I run off about 4hrs of sleep a night on weekdays and by Friday I am coma-toast. After I get sleep caught up on Saturday morning, I am good to go! Which means for us, Sunday is not the ideal "off day". So we are going to skip the day of rest tomorrow and work out... make Monday our rest day... and then hoping to push it forward 1 every week and see if we can get it to Friday before month 2 starts.

Misti - You are doing great and what a wonderful goal to work for!

Diva - that was still 4 hours on the feet... way to keep going :)

Campana - Way to stay accountable and getting in an awesome walk!!! To answer you : protein beyond the recommended level is best used for building of muscle. My nutritionist had me increase protein when I started lifting cause she said before that it could be stored in undesired ways, but with lifting it converts into energy needed for muscle building. They way I translate that now is I would rather be over on protein then on carbs/sodium/sugars... especially as long as you are staying busy. If you are physically stagnant, you may want to watch the intake more... but as long as you are active...no worry at all!

Misti in Seattle 08-05-2012 02:32 AM

Hello everyone

Wow I am late tonight at checking in. I waited until 8 PM to get out to the pool because it was such a hot day. But I did get in my 35 minute workout.

Serenity, how interesting that your dad grew up on Whidbey! Where at? I went to a B&B in Coupeville (Anchorage Inn) a few years and have since become special friends with the innkeepers and staff so go down once a month or so. It is still pretty "quaint" there. But yes, I am sure everything is way different than the 50s. But Coupeville has retained a lot of its charm as it is on the historic register, and it is illegal to build a building there that does not look as if it is at least 100 years old.

And no, no special plans for the $$$.

Today's eating was a bit different since I went to the fruit market and grocery store and it was so hot I did not want lunch. So I ended up eating at about 3:30 or so. And LOL went back and got another "hamburger salad."

AM
Tonic Alchemy in grapefruit juice, 1/2 fresh squeezed lime

Breakfast
2 steamed eggs
4.4 oz brown rice

Snack
Coffee with skim milk (at a coffee shop with a friend; did NOT get my usual raspberry mocha)

Snack (around 1:00 PM)
banana

Lunch (around 3:30 PM)
Hamburger patty with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions
corn on the cob

Dinner
Late - around 9:30 PM after pool workout)
Greek vanilla yogurt
fresh raspberries
handful mixed cashews, pecans, walnuts, brazilnuts
7 rice crackers