Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 01:12 PM   #46  

MMM Chocolate covered macadamia nuts.
I am a sucker for chocolate of any kind.
I tried those *no pudge* fat free brownie mix and they were actually pretty good..they are really rich so you don't feel like eating too much.

Thanks for the comments about the weight loss comments. I know sometimes people are meaning to compliment you but it just comes off the wrong way.
Kempy: I am sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you in La. I completely forgot that you lived nearby! I was in town for a conference for a week I was working a booth.

Hope you are all having a great week so far.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:27 PM   #47  

I will try to get a walk in this afternoon, our weather is beautiful today! Thanks Kempy! Don't worry about your binge yesterday. I believe that is something we will all have to deal with from here on out! That sucks I know; but I believe I will anyway! I think about food all the time!! I have some how (for the most part), taken control over my food desires since January, but with a few slip ups of course!! Just start over, I think I may have to start over everyday for the rest of my life!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:13 PM   #48  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Kempy watch out for those mac nuts...they have a laxative effect if you eat too many (believe me, I know) . Picturing you w/a box of chocolate covered mac nuts makes me think of Christmas time at my house. We always buy a bunch of extra boxes (2 dozen a box) for emergency gifts. Some years we don't even give them away and when my sisters come over we go through a box a day until they're gone. I vow not to do that this year though.

Paula, I start over everyday and have to constantly remind myself that food is nourishment and I'm eating to live, not living to eat. It's hard, but we CAN and ARE doing it.

Clarita, where'd you find 'no pudge' brownie mix? Sounds interesting. I'm a chocolate fiend too, especially dark chocolate.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:19 PM   #49  

Claire I would love to know where you found them too. I would probably eat to many of them though as i do with all chocolates.

Noelle I had no idea about those nuts being that way. That explains alot about hubby. His mom sends them from Cali and he will eat a jar in one sitting. Do I need to go on?
Old 04-01-2003, 03:27 PM   #50  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I have seen the No Pudge Brownie mix at Shaws and Shop n Save supermarkets in my state.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:26 PM   #51  

I think Trader Joes has No Pudge. I've never tried them though. My SIL made home-made brownies for dessert last week-end. Oh boy they were good.....
Kemp, thanks for your concern about my knee. As a stay-at-home mom, I really don't have the time to take running seriously anyway. But when the kids are both in school 5 days a week I'm going to be real itchy....I've tried walking as a form of exercise but I don't find it effective. I need to walk about 8 miles a day to lose weight and I don't have time. Maybe if I tried to walk FAST... I think I'm already doomed to have arthritus in the knee some time down the line...
Old 04-01-2003, 06:19 PM   #52  

They were giving out tastes of "No Pudge" brownies recently at Trader Joe's. I couldn't partake because it was during Lent, but my daughter (age 6) gave them a rave review. It comes as a mix and you add apple sauce (if I remember correctly). I've also seen recipes in the past for making brownies from scratch using apple sauce instead of oil.

I've found that the days *after* the party have been harder to stay OP than the actual day of the party (though I've been managing it barely). I guess it's partly the leftovers that have been calling my name and the fact that the party itself didn't last long, so I could keep my guard up easily enough then.

Well, the leftovers won't last much longer. DH is taking care of them.

Later,
-Deborah
Old 04-01-2003, 11:08 PM   #53  

Default Wow Ladies!

Wow , I really have to catch up with all the new posts in here! .
Di I've said this a million times " YOU HAVE TO Send me Pics!" IF you think you just have to be at your goal before you do that I can understand! lol But trust me You have determination and I am so damn proud of you girl! I cant even imagine going as far as you've gone already! I lost 64 lbs and I thought the day would never come. You must feel like a whole different person.
Angie, it also bugs me when people dont give it a rest about " how did you lose all the weight?" comments. They all think I did some special diet and want me to write everything down for them. I think its more determination than any recipe you can write down , to lose this weight! I still feel self concious when I get all eyes on me now cause I look so different! And yet I'm just normal! I took my girls for some clothes shopping and my heart went out to my 11 yr old daughter. She's outgrown most of her clothes and sometimes ends up borrowing from my clothes. This week she couldnt find anything that fit , I looked everywhere in the store and everything tight on her. FInally I found some cute shorts and a skirt that fit her. By this time she was almost in tears. She's really not a "fat" girl. But she is thick and she is starting to notice that. I tried before to help her eat healthier and that was mission impossible. Every 30 minutes she wanted a snack,.like all she thought about was her next snack. But something happened yesterday that came from her. I asked her what she wanted for Breakfast and its usually 2 poptarts and a glass of milk. But this time she tells me " Mom I just want 1 poptart and lowfat milk. Every tuesday I usually get them Pizza Hut cause its $5 for a medium with 1 topping. Today after school she said " NoPizza! " She came home and got unsalted crackers and a slice of fatfree cheese. I didnt say a word to her but I wanted to cry cause , I dont know why ...cause I'm mom lol. I will be watching her closely though. She is the type to eat very little for dinner but then wants a bowl of icecream as soon as she tells me that she is full from dinner lol. Geeze I canremember being her age and just wanting to be like my other friends! They were all around 110 lbs at age 15 and I was 130 lbs at age 15!
I dont know whats wrong with my mailbox but I'm gonna delete a few of them so I can receive new messages! PLEASE , if I didnt put your weightloss this week send me a PM and I'll edit the chart .
ttyl!
Gen
Old 04-02-2003, 01:11 AM   #54  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Hello everyone!
Is it too late to join you? This is my first post to 3FC -- I really enjoyed everyone's enthusiasm and energy, and hope I can find a home with your challenge. I've lost 65 pounds (with 100 yet to go) and I've stalled out ... grrrr. But I am resolute and in this for the long haul, so instead of wallowing, I'm getting back on the treadmill with a goal of 6 pounds this month. It's spring in Northern Cal and the hiking trails are calling!
Old 04-02-2003, 02:41 AM   #55  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome shimmers. Glad to have you. First off, big congratulations on your loss so far! That is awesome . If it's inspiration you need you'll find it here. I'm finding it very motivating to have this online group of friends I can turn to when the going gets tough. I wouldn't have kept at it if not for finding 3FC. This thread has a wonderful bunch of gals, all of us in various stages of weight loss/maintenance. I'm sure you'll be right at home. So tell us a little more about you. What was your "lightbulb" moment that made you decide you wanted to get healthy? (Yeah I'm a nosy one aren't I ) Good luck and again, welcome to the challenge.

Aloha!
Old 04-02-2003, 07:13 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi All!

I just wanted to check in and let you know that I lost 1/2 pound last week.... for me that is real good.... you know those horible hormones.,....

31 days till the Wedding!!!! Trying to get everything finished so that the last 2 weeks I can just relax (YEAH RIGHT!). The only thing I have to finalize is the videographer and the dj(we have hired them -just need to hook up). At the last minute yesterday I decided we were going to do an engagement photo. I know it is a little late but oh well... my photographer just does such incredible work I cant help myself.

I have done pretty good with working out this week. I am going and doing about 30 minutes on cardio and upper or lower body circuit training workout each morning - which is not as much as I normally do but have decided this month not to do too much or feel obligated to do too much that way I am not disappointed in myself..... I am also walking in the evening... all of this does help with the stress.

Anyway, I am off.... will chat with yall later.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #57  

Default about motivation...

Welcome Shimmers. I'm interested in what got you started on a healthy track too. You and the other amazing women I've encountered on this thread who have worked so hard and continue to do so. I've lost a piddling 10 pounds and am JUST NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH. It's like I have no motivation at all. I'm not watching what I eat at all the last few weeks. Walking only from bus-stop to work and back. I did take the long way to the sandwich shop yesterday at lunch, but really not taking any of this seriously. What keeps people motivated? I'd be really interested in finding out. Maybe something will strike a chord in me.

Jen
238/228/140
Old 04-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #58  
Hardcore UFOs

Hi everyone, and welcome Shimmers! I am in the same boat, just about... I have lost just over 50 pounds, with 100 some to go, and have stalled out in the past month. Forunately I have maintained, give or take a pound or two... but I am still determined to keep going to reach my big goal!

I started up again full force this week and feeling positive and hopeful. It's been a little tough, but I am sticking pretty well to my program and getting back to exercise, too. Unfortunately, like the beginning of every challenge, I have TOM and I almost never see a loss during my TOM week anymore.

Good luck, and glad you're with us!

As for the comments people make about noticeable weight loss, I have to be the dissenting voice here, I guess! I love it when people make comments about how I look... I never take it as a criticism. (Although, maybe I was a little rankled when my dad and stepmom said, "Oh! You're getting your figure back!"... but that's another story altogether...)

For a while I was disappointed that not many people were saying anything until one of my friends said that she hesitated to say something for fear of hurting my feelings! I see now, after what a lot of you have said, that she was correct in being concerned.

And, come to think of it, unless I was very close with someone, I guess I wouldn't just come out and hand someone a weight-related compliment, either. It can be a delicate issue!

~Amy
Old 04-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #59  

Angel I am sure that you are so excited about the big day. I had alot of fun when I got married. And hey, 1/2 pound is nothing to sneeze at.

Jen don't give up. The fact that you keep coming to the site shows that you have determination. We are all here to support you in any way that you need.

Hi shimmer glad you could join in. I was hooked as soon as I found this place. Everyone is so helpful.

Gen I remeber what it was like when Iwas younger too. I was the heavy one of the group and I hated it. I could never where the cute stuff all of my friends were wearing. All I have to say is, thank goodness that the low rise pants that are out now where not in fashion when I was younger b/c I would never have been able to wear them.

I am going to ask my MIL to get some of those brownies for me. She has a Trader Joe's right by her house. They really do sound good.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:27 PM   #60  
determined chick!

Angry Hi all

Hi all. Gen- I know I keep promising to send pics and will as soon as I hit goal. TOM is here and I've been on a plateau since the middle of last week- I feel like screaming! Losing the 1st 166 was nothing compared to trying to lose this last 24. I swear it feels like I have to fight to get every darn pound off! I'm praying that when I come of the plateau I'll have a good loss though. Clarita- the comment thing I can truly understand. People feel they have a right to ask me all kinds of questions from, " I bet you feel better with all that weight off", to my least favorite lately, " I bet the sex is much better now." I'm a semi reserved person and the last question has been asked by at least 4 different people the last 2 weeks. I just keep reminding myself that though the compliments are nice, the other comments I can just let roll of my back, because I'm doing this for me and no one else's opinion matters. It took a while for me to reach that point- but thank God I have Hi Shimmers- Welcome to the group Well everyone see you Saturday. I'm betting on still being plateau ridden, but I'm crossing my fingers for a loss. Take care all. Di
Closed Thread