Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 01:11 PM   #196  

Post Hello!

How is everybody doing??

Jen the official last day of the challenge is Sunday the 27th! So I guess Saturday or Sunday will work.

Well not much going on here, same old same old! Still doing good eating but not exercising! I think I am going to have to move my alarm clock across the room so that I HAVE to get up when it goes off!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 01:05 AM   #197  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

ohhhh for the April showers to end! I need an extended patch of pure sun for these post-holiday, mid-semester, can't-take-one-more-thing-on-my-plate blues ... *whimper* ... lol, okay, I overstate myself, which probably means what I need most is a good night's sleep.

See you tomorrow ... I'd put sleepy-smiley here, but I don't see one. Imagine smiley with a night-cap and a teddybear. That'd be me.

Oo! For wake up troubles, have you tried putting a gentle lamp on a timer and having it go off 5 or 10 minutes before your alarm? I like waking to light -- helps me a lot.

Night.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #198  

Hey folks,

I've been busy and AWOL diet-wise. I started slipping up last Friday (the temptations of an all-you-can-eat buffet), and it took until yesterday to get back OP. I had to slay several diet dragons (the jar of nutella is in the freezer, some candy went to work, the rest is at least out of sight). I want to stay OP for the rest of the challenge or I may snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The real problem is that I still have a boolean switch in my mind: diet/no diet. And I can flip from diet->no diet in the blink of an eye. Even though when I am dieting I try to think that it will be a WOE change, it doesn't seem to stick. Oh, well. At least I have gotten back on the horse and Eater (oops, meant "Easter" there; must be a Freudian slip) has been dealt with. We'll see about the net damage on the official weigh-in.

Later,
-Deborah

Angie... since I'm editing this post I saw your response. The buffet was Chinese. I have the same weakness!

Last edited by Yoyo Mom; 04-24-2003 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:17 AM   #199  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am the same way. On the days I know I am going to have Chinese food(MY FAVORITE) I intend to be good but once I eat my first bite I am a goner. I hope to conquer that some day. The important part is that we always get back on eventually and keep going forward.

I am hoping to get back to 151 by Saturday. I honestly don't know how much damage I did because I have refused to step on the scale. I don't want to know how bad I did. I know it was bad and I don't want to freak myself out and give myself another excuse to overeat.

How is everyone else doing this week?
Old 04-24-2003, 03:12 PM   #200  

Default Pizza buffet!

Well I read buffet and I just remembered something! This past weekend I was up by where our house is being built .It was around 3PM and we were STARVING! There were no good food choices nearby and I ended up walking into a " No Win Situation"
We went to a Pizza Buffet restaurant! Can you imagine? lol
They had all types of Pizzas under heating lamps and youserved yourself any slice you wanted, also in another buffet there was baked ziti,garlic breads,cheese sticks,desserts and ummm a salad bar ...with all the yummy fattening dressings!I cant eat plain salad with no dressing! I did pretty bad that day! lol The slices are like half a slice actually , so I that made it possible in my mind to justify eating 3 slices! and 1 cheesestick. I can tell you one thing my stomach knew the difference right away cause within 30 minutes I was in a bathroom. I went like I took some sort of strong laxative! yuck. With all that I still was happy that I had my pizza believe it or not! lol ... I'm up and down with my eating but I dont maintain steady fatty food eating. If I pig out for lunch I'll eat something sensible for dinner.
Well today I spoke with my brother who already moved into his house over a month ago. The last time I went they just had the concrete slab and they had the blocks and roof trusses delivered . Today I spoke with my brother and he tells me that all the blocks are up so all my walls are up! Woo Hoo ! isll I can say lol Stores are pretty far from the house so that had me a bit sad just thinking of it. But today mroe good news. My brother tells me
that around two miles away from my house there is a huge lot that was just cleared and there is a sign just posted that says " Walmart Super Center " Coming soon!" I practically live in the Walmart near me now! So being able to do groceries and shop at thestore also will be great!
ok gotta go now!
ttyl,GEn
Old 04-24-2003, 03:30 PM   #201  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Oohh, Wally World. We're supposed to be getting a Super Center here in Hawaii too but there's been so much controversy about where it's being built that it's been stalled--I don't know if it's a go or no go anymore. We are supposed to be getting a Best Buy right across from the current Sam's Club. It's exciting--Hawaii is finally getting some more "mainland" stores. All I want now is a Target, oh yeah, and an Ikea. Don't ask me why, I think I love those stores since we don't have them here .

Gennel I'm so excited for you and your new house! : Real estate prices are so outrageous here that I still don't own...I'm biding my time though and when it's right I'm sure it'll happen.

Anyways girls, have a good rest of the week and I'll check back w/ya on Saturday.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:13 PM   #202  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

We have a Walmart Supercenter about 30 minutes from here and I love it. We go every Saturday and do our household and grocery shopping.

I am watching Oprah right now. It is about huge weightlosses. I love those kinds of shows. Helps keep me motivated. I did have a good day today. I bought a shirt 2 years ago as incentive to lose some weight and I never wore it....Until TODAY!!! YEAH!!! Small successes.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:56 AM   #203  

Default Hawaii real estate prices!

Noelle,
My brother used to live in Hawaii with his wife. He had a 1 bedroom apt. and was paying around $750! And that was like 11 yrs ago! A house that would sell here for $70,000 would sell for $275,000 over there. That is why he wasnt a home owner over there until he moved here to Florida. His inlaw's home is a wood house with jalousy windows, is that how you spell it? lol Anyway thehouse is appraised over $300,000!!! The house I'm getting built would go for at least one million over there. Location,location ,location! Hawaii is beautiful . I'm still hoping to go to Hawaii on a second honeymoon one day!

ttyl,
Gen
Old 04-26-2003, 12:26 AM   #204  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Angie, congratulations! what a great feeling. I have a picture of me, my 'midway' picture, in my old jeans holding them wayyy out, like those commercials. I have a few blouses I'm still working on working my way down into.

Been walking, despite tweaky back that has me worried. I may have to change some of my evil computer ways ... no more hanging out and surfing for a while I think, although I'll certainly check in here.

Night everyone,
Shimmers
Old 04-26-2003, 05:53 AM   #205  
determined chick!

Default hi everyone

Hi everyone. Jen I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, and sorry for posting about it so late. I can't seem to make time during the week to get on this darn computer anymore. Gennel- your house is going up so fast! Definitely send pics when they're done! Well for me I had a 3lb loss this week. It came 1/2 way through the week, after I started on another plateau. From Sat. to Wed. I weighed the same, so I had to make changes again. I noticed looking back in my exercise journal, how after cardio days which was an hour on the elliptical, I was gaining a pound for 2 days or not losing at all. As much as I love that machine, I had to make a promise to only use it for 30 - 40 min. The rest of my cardio is broke up into intervals on the treadmill of speed walking and running. I thought I was fast jogging until I asked other members of the gym what speed they were running at and most were much lower than my speed. Anyway the intervals worked and got the weight moving again! Woo Hoo! I'm hoping to lose 2 more pounds by the end of the month but don't know if it's possible. The intervals on the treadmill will help to get my speed up for my weekend walking around the tracks at the 2 parks I go to. Anyway 15 lbs to goal! Let's hope I can make it without pulling all my hair out! Well gotta run- need some new under clothes. My sports bra actually slipped off my breast the other day while I was running! Thank God there was only women in the gym. I realized when I looked inside at the size it was 4 sizes bigger than what my chest is now. I had noticed they were much looser, but didn't realize it had been that long since I got new ones. Well hope you all have a great day. Take care- Di
Old 04-26-2003, 08:04 AM   #206  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

CONGRATS DI!!! Good thing there were only girls at the gym.

I didn't weigh myself all week so I haven't watched my weight fluctuate. It was nice to not wake up and either be pissed or even happy. I think I will start to weigh in only ONCE a week to take the stress of the next 10-20? pounds off.

I weigh 150 even. WOOHOO!! Maybe next week I will see the 140's!! I lost a total of 3.5 pounds this month.

I hope everyone has a great weigh in
Old 04-26-2003, 10:09 AM   #207  

Congrats go out to Angie and grizzlychick, You guys are doing great!! You have so much to be proud of!! I hope weighing in only once a week works out better for you Angie. A lot of people seem to have much better luck with that.
I am reporting in with a two pound loss this week. I am very happy after my stand still last week! That puts me at an 8 pound loss for this challenge! I think that is the most I've ever lost in a challenge.
Di, I know I am a slow jogger! I jog at 4.6 to 5 mph usually. I can do 1-2 minute intervals at 6mph, just before I fall off in a pile of mushy exhaustion! I'm just happy to be jogging at all. I work out at home so I don't even have anyone to compare it too. That could be good, or bad! Omg about the flying boob!! I feel like that could happen at any time! I wear two sports bras, the one on top being a size too small. My dh likes to tease that you could bounce quarters off of my chest. I do feel like I can't expand my rib cage all the way, but I am a 38d, just down from a 40dd. Any they have a mind of their own if I don't reign them in!! I wouldn't want to hurt someone. Good luck on your shopping expedition.
And good luck and congrats to all those who haven't yet reported in for the week!! Have a lovely weekend all, TTFN,
Old 04-26-2003, 12:51 PM   #208  

Good morning all.
Glad to hear everyone up and reporting in with successes so far. This week I get to count myself among you (finally, even if it's a small one). I'm down 2 pounds from the last weigh-in, which brings me to a total of...drum roll please...1 whole pound for this challenge. You see, I was going the wrong way for a while. I'm still happy, though. It's possible if I work at it.
Anyone have great plans for the weekend? I feel like I want to do something fun and different, but it's raining and I can't figure out what. Maybe just going for a drive with my DD. We can load up on our favorite CDs and go whatever way we felt like. Haven't done that in a while, but we both love it. Oops! I forgot I have to be home between 1 and 3 so the hospital bed people can come and pick up grandma's bed. Well, maybe just a movie (NO SNACKS!)

Jen
238/227/140
Old 04-26-2003, 01:00 PM   #209  

Congratulations, Angie, Di, and Serina!!!
You all rock!

Hey, Jen, you too! You snuck in while I was posting!
It's great that you are on the right track!

I managed to lose the pound I had gained last week, which
puts my total weight loss for this challenge back at 4.5 pounds.
Whew! That was a squeaker! I was up a few pounds mid-week
due to my falling off the wagon and I got back on just in time .

My 6-year-old daughter has been motivating me to move today. She said whe would do 10 math problems every time I caught her, so I spent the morning chasing her around the house. Now I'm about to go off to the pool with her. It's funny that I don't want to exercise for my own good, but I will get off my duff for her!

BTW, I found a partial solution to my disappointment over the calorie count of sushi. One of my favorites is the tobiko roe. I
bought a package of the roe at an Oriental grocery store and
I put a couple of tablespoons on a salad (along with some
olive oil, but less than usual). The roe only has 20 cal/tablespoon
so I come out ahead on the calories and I get to keep one of
my cravings at bay.

Good luck to everyone else wrapping up the challenge!

Later,
-Deborah

Last edited by Yoyo Mom; 04-26-2003 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:28 PM   #210  

Yahoo!!! Congratulations to Jen and Deborah!!! This journey is so frustratingly long and difficult, you guys are doing some awsome work!! The whole family went to the park today. We played tennis, then the kids played with my dh while I walked 3 miles. It was great fun. Now dh is grilling some dinner. There is talk of having a bonfire tonight. Sounds l;ike fun, but that means the danger of hot dogs and smore's. I'll have to get some Wow Doritos to keep me busy!! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, TTFN,
Closed Thread