Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 04:27 PM   #151  

Hey Jen,
Bring your own food to Disneyland if you can, it will save you lots of $ and provide smarter choices. You can find healthy food there, but if it's crowded you might not feel like waiting on line or for a table.
I am so incredibly frustrated today. The scale has not budged and its been 5 days of really hard work. I think that's a record for me, but the last time I stuck to it for 4 days at least I saw some results. The positive side is that since it HAS been such hard work, I'm going to stick to it. A little splurge right now would make me feel so terrible.
Anyway, I'm going to wait for weigh -in tomorrow, maybe the scale will come around.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:42 PM   #152  
One day at a time..

Angry Weeks Loss..

I think this Go DIET is working for me. I am down another 3 lbs this week. Took me a long time to get moving. Have you Girls heard about Dr Atkins? What a terrible thing.

Good luck to everyone on the scales.

Venetia
Old 04-12-2003, 10:55 PM   #153  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Venetia. Good job on the 3 lbs . I read about Dr. Atkins a few days ago and just found out that he's still in a coma today. Chances of a meaningful recovery are slim...very sad.

Apple Blossom, I betcha if you stay on track today tomorrow the scale will show you a sizable loss. I find that if I fill up on extra water for a couple of days that helps the pounds go down too. Keep it up!

I just got back from my walk and am feeling energized.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:56 AM   #154  
One day at a time..

Wink aloha..

Hello Noelle,

How lucky you are to live in Hawaii. My husband took me there in 1999 after we got married. I fell in love. The flowers are so beautiful. I remember a tree called Angel Trumpet. So gorgous.

Someday I hope to go back. The Stock Market really hurt us but lucky for us my husband is Retired from the Military so we can go on a Military plane. It is such a long trip bur definitely worth it.

We stayed in the Military Hotel and it was really nice. Do you know where I mean, the name slips my mind right now, maybe the Hallie Koa. We had such a good time. Od, Lucy You. Were you born there? I could ramble on but gotta get some sleep. Bye Bye...

Venetia
Old 04-13-2003, 11:44 AM   #155  

Default Weigh In Chart

Here we go!

Gen..Goal ..Maintain current weight of 130 lbs

Palm Ba, Granny..Goal 6 lbs..loss 6.5 lbs

Kempyd ..Goal 2 % bodyfat

plb112467 Goal 8 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Clarita..Goal 4 lbs

mbg..Goal 9 lbs

AngieMe..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 2.5 lbs

melekalikimaka ..Goal 6 lbs ..Loss 5 lbs

Laney1733.Goal 6 lbs..loss 1 lb

grizzlyschick ..Goal 7 lbs loss 2lbs

Angel26519 ..Goal 8lbs

Yoyomom ..Goal 4 lbs..Loss 4.5 lbs

Jen519..Goal 6 lbs

EvasiveMarigold..Goal 6 lbs

jjules300..Goal 7 lbs..Loss 1/4 lbs

Choci..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 2.5 lbs

Shimmers ..Goal 6 lbs

Last edited by Gennel; 04-14-2003 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:00 PM   #156  
so close, yet so far...

WooHooo look at those numbers!! Come on everybody, just a couple more weeks. Let's see how many pounds we can lose together this month . Has anyone ever tallied the cumulative losses of a challenge? I think that would be neat.

Venetia glad you liked your visit to Hawaii--you gotta love the value of Space A if you've got the time. I love living here and it's the only home I've known. I was actually born in Little Rock, AR when my dad was in the Navy. He retired a year and a half after I was born and we moved here since this is where my mom's family is from. You were right about the Hotel, it's called the Hale Koa (Hale = home/house; Koa = warrior/courageous/brave, military etc.) We can use the facility too, their banquet halls and ballrooms are quite nice and 2 of my sister's have had their wedding receptions held there. The Angel's trumpet is a beautiful flowering tree, very poisonous though. If anyone visits the island of O'ahu, give me a holler. I'll also be vacationing in Maui during the 4th of July...ya'll should try it sometime.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:22 AM   #157  
Hardcore UFOs

Hi everyone! I'm late reporting my numbers... I was actually very busy this weekend and didn't spend time on the computer, except doing some research about moving possibly to Columbus, OH -- it's been taking up all my thoughts! Anyone ever live there and have advice?

Or does anyone have advice about relocating?

Anyway... I' submitting my Saturday weigh-in weight, which stayed at 254.5, 3 pounds down from last week and 5.5 total for the challenge! Woohoo!

Unfortunately, I had an all-out binge practically all weekend. I don't know why I do these things. I still have these compulsions to just eat and eat and eat every once in a while. It is such sabotage, I know. So I am going to avoid the scale for a few days and get back on track and hope for the best. And next weekend? NO BINGES! Grrr.

Looks like everyone had a good week, congrats to all!
Old 04-14-2003, 09:01 AM   #158  

Angry Late check in!

As usual I am here to check in on Monday, but with GOOD news!! Even with TOM here I am down by 1 pound!!!!!!!!!!!

I am miserable (cramping)!! But happy to see a loss with Tom here! That puts me at a 3 lb total so far this challenge, I am at 202 so maybe if I am a good girl and get back in to the exercise groove this week maybe just maybe I can be at or even below 200 next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ready, now if I can get rid of these cramps so I will feel like exercising!

Congrats to everyone here for making an effort, it's an accomplishment to make an effort, whether you are acheiving success right now or on hold.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:22 AM   #159  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Exclamation Congratulations!

Wow! Lots of Losses and maintains but most importantly so much support and let us not forget focus! I am so proud of all of you! A BIG BRAVO to you ALL!

I may not be on the wagon but I am very motivated with your stories and positive posts. I plan to be there with you all in May! That is when the semester will be over and I can focus and commit to my regular exercise schedule. I can't wait!

Today marked my 30th birthday and it's not so bad. I got up and I didn't feel a day over 25. I didn't see a new gray hair, not a new wrinkle, and I realized 30 was just another number when I saw the couple of pimples on my forehead! I don't have a problem with my age because I certainly don't act my age...of course I have maturity but I giggle and joke like any other youngin'. At this time every year, I do wonder when age will become more than just a number...will I handle 60 just as well...I think by then I will be so occupied with grandkids that I won't even notice. Today was a wonderful day filled with balloons, cake, presents, hugs, smiles, friends, and last but certainly not least family.

Well it is getting late. I have classes in the morning...my kids don't want me to go they want to be off for my birthday but they know better than that. Anyway...I will talk to you all again!

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 04-15-2003, 03:56 AM   #160  
so close, yet so far...

happy belated b-day wishes Kina

I've got plenty of gray hair for the both of us, don't you be in a rush to get yourself any

Glad your day was happy!
Old 04-15-2003, 09:01 AM   #161  

Happy birthday KIna!! I'm glad to hear that you had such a good time! My 30th is coming up next Feb. In fact it's one of the reasons I started this "healthy lifestyle change" I'm not sure how I feel about being 30. Married 11 years with three kids doesn't make me feel old, but the number 30 might! How silly!!! Well, the baby's up and demanding attention. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-15-2003, 09:34 AM   #162  

Hey, Kina, a big Happy Birthday to you! The thirties are awesome! Much better than the twenties or especially the teens, at least for me. So, jump on in, Serina. I can't say "join us" because I'm already in the forties but that decade is awesome so far also!

It's great that you *youngsters* are getting your weight under control now. It's better for your long term health and it does get harder to lose as you get older (but it's never too late ).

Today is a beautiful day... I would love to go for a walk but today of all days I'm kind of backlogged with work. Arrg! I'll try to squeeze one in because there's no form of exercise I like better than a walk on a beatiful Spring day. Well, speaking of work,

TTFN,
-Deborah
Old 04-15-2003, 11:09 AM   #163  
One day at a time..

Post HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Kina...

From experience,I can tell you that if you keep your laughter for 30 more years there will be a lot less gray hairs.LOL I was 60 in January and personally I still feel like 20. In my mind at least. I refuse to get old and gray haired.

I love life and want to keep my laughter forever. I am a jokester and love to laugh at myself and everyone who can throw a joke my way. Keep smiling. You have the secret. Those babies will keep you young for a long time.

Venetia
Old 04-15-2003, 02:14 PM   #164  

Smile

Happy birthday Kina!
I was a little sentimental about turning 30, but now that I'm close to 40 my age doesn't seem to matter. Who's counting?!!!
I haven't checked in because I was having some computer probs. I did manage to drop 2 pounds last week.
If all that work and frustration pays off with a 2 lb drop at the end of the week I will be very pleased. Actually I'm only trying to lose 1 lb a week. So I'm ahead of schedule. BUT....while yesterday was OK, it was not where I want to be eating- wise and today I have already cheated by indulging in a blueberry muffin and a latte. A friend and neighboor just opened a resturant so I had to stop by.... So I'll be careful for the rest of the day. Oh, and TOM is here too. As usual, just as I get OP it comes along to make it all the more difficult.
(daughter at the smilies again)
Old 04-15-2003, 03:19 PM   #165  

Wow, two posts in one day! It's like a personal record. Dh and I went for a walk at a new trail we discovered, it's paved which is nice for the stroller. But there is no shade to be found. And I am NOT a sun person. Anyway, we walked 6.5 miles. Then we went and bought tennis rackets, so we're going to do that tonight. I think I could get into tennis. Now, I'm off to go mow the lawn for the first time this year. How exciting! It is 80 out today! And 73 tomorrow. I'm going to take advantage of every second of it. Oh, and Saturday I bought a Pink Dogwood tree and a new lilac. I collect lilac bushes. I'm trying to buy a lot of differant species of lilacs so I'll have one in bloom for a long time. Now I have to figure out where to plant them!!! Have a great one, TTFN,
Closed Thread