Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 12:57 AM   #61  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

THANK YOU for the wealth of welcomes! It's truly motivating, especially after a long day of student conferences cutting into my walk time with my dog.

Before I say what worked, I have to say my stall has been as stall of about a year in a 2 1/2 year process that began in August 2000. In the past 3 months I've gained back 1 jeans size, but I still hold on to an optimism and resoluteness. I just tell myself I'm in it for life, that this IS a part of my life and who I am. AND I can still say I haven't had a fastfood burger or fries in 2 1/2 years. And I don't care if it's a long stall, I haven't gained it all back, so I'm Still in the good.

I started this as part of an overall life change. Ended a 2+ year relationship with a man who mushed my heart. Lost two lovedones. Had gall bladder surgery. and thought, "I'm 30 years old. This is Not what my life is going to be." Started getting my body and mind on the same page ... I really think fitness is about Total body, mind, spirit, relationship, career, family and home fitness.

When I'm at my best, I think attitude is my biggest ally -- I had always seen myself as a fat girl with fat habits (interested in books, friends, cafes and other sedentary things) and told myself a lot of junk about how I couldn't get out there and be active, how other people would see me as clunky and clumsy, how I was simply destined to be heavy. I was my worst head trip. So the biggest hurdle for me was Not the exercise hurdle, but all the defeating thoughts Before the exercise. "Stop thinking. Just do it and argue with yourself later. Like **** I'm not a jock -- I'm a hikerchick, dang it, a treadmill warrior. Let the critics Bite Me. Okay, so I'm tired, right now -- at 7pm tonight will I feel better about myself if I exercised today? Oh Yah." .... Lots and lots of talk-back to my inner critic.

That and 64 oz water, a strict boycott of fastfood, 5 x week exercise, a food/exercise journal and a modified food pyramid. When I'm at my best. I did it for 1 1/2 years, moved from Washington to California (my homestate) and just lost some focus for awhile. But I really like who I am on this journey and I don't want to fall back into berating myself -- it's wasted energy when it's so very possible to start each day as a new chance to be the person I want to be.

eek, a novel for my first real post ... I promise, more moderate posts (mostly) in the future.

Last edited by shimmers; 04-03-2003 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:49 AM   #62  

Angry Thanks Shimmers!!

Thank you for the motivation!! I have been needing it!! I had a tough day; day before yesterday, went a little overboard with my eating. But I had a great day yesterday, felt like I was right back on track!

I got ALL my water in, did my 30 minute cardio workout yesterday morning (and this morning), and got a nice 3/4 mile walk yesterday afternoon. So now I am trying to stay on track today!!

It is a struggle, but it is nice to know we are not alone!!!!! That is what I love about 3FC!

Noelle. your new picture is beautiful!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:03 AM   #63  

Default Welcome Shimmers!

Welcome Shimmers! I just entered you in the challenge! I'm not here as often as I'd like to be but I love this place! I joined 3fc when I lost my first few pounds. It's truly been helpful to keep me motivated . We all started at different weights and sizes but we all have the same thing in common. We wanted to get the weight off! I talked to so many people online trying to find out which was the easiest way for me to reach my goal. Well I found out, there is NO easy way! I still dont love to do exercise but.....when I miss one day I feel guilty and like I'll gain all my weight back overnight. Later this month I am celebrating 6 months since I reached goal. It will be something to celebrate in October when I reach 1 yr at goal weight. I dont "hate" exercise , I only like it because I know that is one of the main keys to keeping the weight off. Its weird huh? lol

Well getting off the subject, our troops are 5-10 miles from Baghdad and are waiting for orders of what to do next. It's extremely hot there now and they will have to all get into those suits and masks once they get in there. Our prayers are with all of them and their families.

ttyl,Gen
Old 04-03-2003, 09:19 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone-

Just a quick check in. I am too busy these days. I cant wait till this wedding is over and I can get my life back.....

Kemp - I am excited about the wedding (now) - I have been panicing lately but this week I think I have everything in order and can kinda coast for the next 30 days. (YEAH RIGHT!)

Paula - Where in Georgia do you live? I live in Covington. We seem to be in very close weight/goal situations.

I agree with Gen we all need to pray for those troups!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:25 AM   #65  

Shimmer you have really made me take a look at myself and what I am doing about me. Not much is the answer right now. I always seem to do this to myself and I honestly don't know why. I did wonderful at the start of the year and now I am kind of falling back into the old ways. I guess I really need to sit down and evaluate what is going on inside me.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:09 AM   #66  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi everyone! My period messed with me really badly this month. I have wasted the last 4 days pigging out and didn't know why until my period started early. Anyways, I am back! I am ready to regroup and lose the rest of this weight! I am committed to doing it. I do feel bad at how much food I have consumed this weekend though. I don't understand how come I can't eat in moderation.

Gennel, You have done so well maintaining so I have a question for you. Do you ever just go off track for a couple of days and have to drag yourself back into the groove or have you been totally on track for the last 6 months. I can't understand how I can want something so badly and then go and screw myself up and fall into my old habits over night. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I can honestly say that I am ready to continue losing now.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:22 AM   #67  

Post Me again!

Hey everybody!

Angie thanks for asking Gen that question about maintaining, I can't wait to hear her answer! I wonder if I will ever get to goal!! cause I have a LOOOONG way to go , but when I do I worry that I will not be able to maintain it! Because I am a food-a-holic!!!!

Angel, I live in Camilla, you may not have heard of Camilla (we are kinda small), but you have probably heard of Albany, we are 30 miles south of Albany on Hwy 19. very south GA. We have had beautiful weather here this week, perfect for walking!!!! We are close in miles and goals, I just wish I could get down there with you at 200!! Hopefully in a week or two!!!!

Y'all have a good day!!
Old 04-03-2003, 01:48 PM   #68  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

I updated my avatar in support of my friends in the middle east. I want to say congrats to all the losers. And those who are not going as fast as they plan, just keep at it.

I miss coming here regularly but we are at war now and my duties don't allow me to be on the web enough to keep up woth you movers and shakers, but as I said before, I will be in and out regularly to say hi.

I am losing weight but it's all because of stress, but i'll take it how i can get it

You guys are doing great. I'm proud of all of you (even the ones I don't know) I hope I get better aquainted with some of you over the weekend.

Later Gals,

-Dips-
Old 04-03-2003, 02:15 PM   #69  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Dips I am so glad that you posted. I was just thinking of you today. How are you holding up? Do you think you will be sent to Iraq? I hope not. I am glad to hear that you are still losing but it's too bad that that has to be the reason. We are thinking of you.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:30 PM   #70  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hi Angie!!

I'm fine, it's my friends that I worry about. As far as me going to the dessert, I don't know, it's always a possibility.

But its good to hear from you as well. You've come so far and you are more determined than you give yourself credit for. It takes a lot of hard work to come as far as you have and I know how crazy the period can make us sometimes but you gotta stick with it girl, it's gonna get warm soon!

No matter what Angie, you are coming along just beautifully. I'll be online this weekend trying to play catch up. I also have monday off so I'll be home glued to the tv watching out for my buddies. I don't know if you've seen or not but the mass paratrooper jump that happened last week, were the guys I'm stationed with. A lot of them are my close buddies. I'm so proud of them.

And again I'm proud of you, Angie and everyone making a concious effort to get healthy. Before I write a whole essay, I'll leave it at that.

-Dips-
Old 04-03-2003, 02:31 PM   #71  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Big Smiles to everybody. Lots of new people...big welcomes to you all.

I have been busy with school as usual but I think of you all often which keeps me in line with my eating. I have just a brief moment so I just wanted to come in here and say hello to all of you.

Big hugs go out to Di, Dips, Jen, Kempy, Angie, Gen, and all that I don't know by name.

I will talk to you all later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 04-03-2003, 02:34 PM   #72  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I love your avatar Dips.

Say hello to all your friends and tell them we send them big hugs with lots of kisses.

Love, kina
Old 04-03-2003, 05:21 PM   #73  

Good to see you Dips. Love your new avatar!
I love it when I pop in and see so many new posts. It's great to hear how everyones doing.
Thankyou for writing that "novel" Shimmers. I'd love to hear more stories like yours from the others who have so much success behind them (as well as ahead). I think today, I'm going to start back on track by drinking my water. It's about the simplest thing I can think of, and I had completely forgotten about it. I've been doing diet soda instead! Not a great choice. Water cooler...Here I come!

Jen
238/228/140
Old 04-03-2003, 09:16 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello All!!!!!

Dips - I dont know you but know that I am praying for you and your friends... I hope this ends soon! Where are you in Italy???
My wedding is in 30 days and our honeymoon is going to be in Italy... we are going to be there for 14 days and are doing Rome and North.... how long have you been in Italy? Do you get a chance to get out and see anything?

I hope everyone else is doing good....
Old 04-03-2003, 11:21 PM   #75  

Welcome, Shimmers! I'm glad to hear from people who have managed to become active. I'm not there yet, but at least I know it *could* happen!

Dips, my thoughts and prayers go out to all the troops, especially your friends in Iraq.

I have a little bit of news. I just got my cholesterol levels checked for the first time in about 15 years. Last time, I was about 40 pounds lighter, belonged to a health club (and went!) and ate a low-fat diet but I still clocked 210 (borderline high). I figured it was genetic and tried to ignore it. My new reading came in at 153 (abnormally low)!!! Not only that, but the HDL ratio was good, despite my currently sedentary lifestyle. My risk of CAD is 40% lower than average. Go figure! I was bracing myself for a statin prescription! I guess it's because I've been dieting. Hopefully, by my next checkup a year from now I won't be dieting anymore so I might get a reading that reflects reality. In the meantime, I guess I'm not doing any damage to my arteries.

Has anyone else experienced these swings in cholesterol readings?

-Deborah

P.S: I've been OP so far this week and an early peek at the scale looks very promising...
Closed Thread