Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 10:39 AM   #181  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am checking in with a 1/2 pound gain!! It was 3 pounds on Monday HUH? and it went down to 1/2 pound this morning. I am pretty pissed because up until last night I have not messed up at all. I am so far at a total loss of 1 pound this month. Yipee! Bust my *** and that is all I get! I wouldn't be so upset if I wasn't in between sizes. My 10's are too tight and my 12's are too loose. Monday I plan to regroup and get back to the grind but this weekend I am going to enjoy Easter with my kids.

Good Luck to everyone else.
Old 04-19-2003, 12:06 PM   #182  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down Challenge goal 6#s; #s lost = 7!!!!

Do little dance make a little love get down tonight

I'm checking in with a 2 lb loss this morning, I am now down to 171, this despite an overindulgence of reeses peanut butter eggs on Thursday . That means I've exceeded my goal of 6#s this challenge (see, set your sights a little lower and do better rather than set them high and fail ?!?!--yeah, whatever works for me ) My metabolism is great right now and I'm riding this wave as long as I can. Walking for exercise 3.5 mi. daily and oh yeah, stress is a great way to burn calories too. I like this groove I'm in.

Congrats to all the losers, maintainers and even gainers since we're all in this together and that's what counts. 1 week to go, let's make it a good one. Happy Easter all.
Old 04-19-2003, 01:45 PM   #183  
determined chick!

Talking FINALLY IN THE 150's

Hi all- I know I usually check in early, but can't seem to get my butt in gear I am finally- yes finally in the 150's! I had a 4lb loss this week which puts me at 158 I'm hoping to make the challenge goal for this time which was for 7 lbs this 4 puts me at 6 off so maybe there's hope for me. I'm just so glad to be in the 150's that even if I don't make it I'll still be on
Congrats to all the losers and stay strong to all the maintainers. Angie don't worry- I go through those slight gains every once in a while and it's usually water or muscle gain and eventually in a few days it goes back down. You're so close to goal that's probably why it's getting tougher for you. My last plateau I felt like bawling because nothing I did worked and I worked a lot harder than I usually do. You've done so well, I know it'll start moving again
Well hope everyone has a great holiday. Hubby's rushing me out the door again! Take care all- Di
Only 18 to go to goal! WOO HOO!!!
Old 04-19-2003, 11:49 PM   #184  

Lots of catching up to do. Just thought I'd pop in and catch everyone up on my life. Grandma passed away last Sunday, but everyone thought it would be best if my daughter and I went ahead to Disneyland since we had been planning it for several months. We had a great time (in spite of the pouring rain last Monday, leave Seattle for Southern CA and get soaked!). Grandma loved "It's a Small World" so we waited in line to do that one time. We told each other we were bringing her with us. A couple of sad moments here and there, but mostly fun times.
Had to get up around 5:30 this morning to be ready to catch the shuttle to the airport at 6:15. Had a stopover in Portland, so we didn't get in until 12:45. Grandma's funeral was at 3:00. We just got home from that and the graveside service and the family dinner after. It's nearly 9:00 and I'm ready to drop. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning. I don't expect to see much change either way.

Jen
Old 04-20-2003, 01:50 AM   #185  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Jen...big HUGS to you and your family. I am so sorry but what a wonderful way to celebrate her life. Chin up honey...it's times like this that we look to memories to fill the gap and mend the pain.

Take care...

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 04-20-2003, 09:19 PM   #186  

Default Weigh In Chart

Everyone here is sick and now "it's mommy's turn " Horrible sore throat! I feel like I have broken glass in my throat! Plus TOM is here as well,drippy nose... My oldest daughter is finally pretty much over it ,my 6 yr old only felt mildly sick for less than 2 days! She never gets it that bad lol.

Jen((hugs))) and prayers to you and your family
Angie , I know what you mean about being in between sizes it really sucks I agree with you 100%!! But it will pass,you're very close to goal !
Mele...I know you must be on cloud 9 with Di! Congrats to both of you!

Update on my house! Well the worst and longest part of building is actually over! The lot prep took forever cause waiting for a freakin permit! The lot was cleared,land was filled,frame was put up ,all plumbing is done, the entire concrete slab was poured,the blocks are there and so are the roof trusses! so By this saturday the 26th I will actually have all the walls and roof trusses up. I cant believe it takes them two days to lay alll the blocks! The roof trusses takes no more than 3 hrs to do. I saw them working on another home and I was shocked how fast they did this! Builder didnt give me a specific day but is sure Iwill move in by first week or by the 15th of July definately! I feel like I'm expecting my first born lol. I have tons of boxes already in my office with all the stuff Ive purchased and made for the new house. I gotta take all this stuff over to my brother's house tomorrow! That will ease some of the moving headaches since we will be living 2 miles from each other.
Well here is the weigh in chart !

Gen..Goal ..Maintain current weight of 130 lbs

Palm Ba, Granny..Goal 6 lbs..loss 6.5 lbs

Kempyd ..Goal 2 % bodyfat

plb112467 Goal 8 lbs..Loss 5 lbs

Clarita..Goal 4 lbs

mbg..Goal 9 lbs

AngieMe..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

melekalikimaka ..Goal 6 lbs ..Loss 7 lbs

Laney1733.Goal 6 lbs..loss 1 lb

grizzlyschick ..Goal 7 lbs loss 6 lbs

Angel26519 ..Goal 8lbs

Yoyomom ..Goal 4 lbs..Loss 4.5 lbs

Jen519..Goal 6 lbs

EvasiveMarigold..Goal 6 lbs

jjules300..Goal 7 lbs..Loss 1/4 lbs

Choci..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 2.5 lbs

Shimmers ..Goal 6 lbs
Old 04-21-2003, 09:15 AM   #187  

Just time for a quick checkin (late). Had an off-program weekend and I'm up a pound today (which puts me at only 3.5 pounds lost for the challenge). If I can get back OP today, I don't think it will be a real problem. But it's tough with all the chocolate in the house and without a prohibition on it! Later -Deborah
Old 04-21-2003, 03:26 PM   #188  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

(((((Jen))))) Sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. That was a nice way to celebrate her life though and I'm sure she was with you as you enjoyed It's a Small World.

Gennel I can feel your excitement for your new house. I can imagine that it would be like expecting a child . I came down with some horrible nasty flu bug on Easter Sunday and it had me down and out for most of yesterday. I'm well medicated today though and coping.

Wow Di, that's an awesome loss! 150's...I'll get there too one day. You've come so far.

Hang in there everyone we can do this!
Old 04-21-2003, 05:22 PM   #189  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Hi everyone,

I'm back home and soooo glad to be in my own bed, even though the week in VA was lovely. Can I post my week's (hopeful) losses tomorrow? Weighing in the buff in the a.m. is the Only way to face a scale.

While I walked in my first few days there, I admit to slacking off from Thursday to Sunday, which I don't think will speak well for me when it comes time to weigh in. Ah well, tomorrow is another day frought with healthy opportunities.

Have you read the new research on ephedrine (the stuff in Hydroxycut and products like it) showing how when combined with caffeine it taxes the heart? I've never used it, but I was recently surprised to find many of my students (18-20 years old generally) do. The effects are not surprising, but still an unpleasant reminder of the risks of diet aids.

Take care,
Shimmers
Old 04-21-2003, 09:31 PM   #190  

Hello all. What a weekend! I feel like a bloated cow! It's funny cuz I probably got 30 compliments on my weight loss, yet I spent the whole time eating! Everyone is probably wondering how I'm losing weight eating like that!! The kids had a blast, which was nice. I ran two whole miles Easter morning. I didn't think I'd ever be able to do that! And I am fitting into size 12 jeans, which I haven't worn since I WAS 12! All in all, I've had a great weekend, but it's time to get my butt in gear again. I want to see that scale moving again.
I'm sorry for your loss Jenn. I've not lost a Grandmother yet and I can't imagine. Take care of yourself.
I'm so glad to hear about your house Gennel! THat's wonderful!!
And congrats to Angie on your size 10's!! It's a wonderful feeling!! I'm off to put my little one to bed now. Have a great one all, TTFN,

Last edited by laney1733; 04-22-2003 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:21 AM   #191  

Angry Good Tuesday Morning!

Just dropping in to say "Hello!". Hope everyone is doing well!!

Jen, Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother! I am glad you and your DD went ahead with your trip; I am sure your grandmother would have wanted it that way!

I am still doing good with my eating; but having trouble with the exercise!!! Really the only time I have to exercise is in the mornings before work and for about two weeks I have not been getting up on time!!!

I am determined to get up tomorrow!! I want to lose and I know it will go faster IF I get my butt in gear!!
Old 04-22-2003, 01:52 PM   #192  

Jen, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother

Sounds like everyone else is doing well. I have been plateauing for way over a month. Something needs to change. Pilates is kicking my butt but I have been slacking on the cardio and letting a bit too much chocolate slide in. I am determined to finish what I have started!
Old 04-22-2003, 03:32 PM   #193  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi everyone!! Jen, I am sorry to hear about your grandma too. I am glad you guys had fun at Disneyland though.

I am feeling better this week. I have been walking so much. This afternoon it started to rain so I guess I am stuck on the elliptical for my afternoon workout. But at least I got in 3 miles of walking this morning.

Gen, I am at about 1 1/2 pounds total for this month but hey maybe I can luck out and hit 3 by this Saturday. I have gone back to being strict about what I am eating. It sucks but it works in the end. I want to hit 140 because I am pretty comfy there.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:59 PM   #194  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Checking in with a 2 lb gain, argh. ... but I don't reckon I can ask 'why me' when I had chocolate easter eggs and didn't work out for four days and such. The answer is that simple and that hard -- get the heart rate up every day, drink water, eat right. I did take Kenji out for an hour on the coast today. It was beautiful out following a stormy morning.

Tomorrow -- the gym.
Shimmers
Old 04-23-2003, 12:47 PM   #195  

Good morning.
Thanks for all the kind words. It's also great to hear people's determination in spite of missed goals, off-days, etc. I actually had a good day yesterday with food, water, and excersize. Mark that down on the calendar! It doesn't happen very darned often these days. I'm seeing if I can make it 2 in a row. Do we have until Saturday for weigh-in, or is the last day of this challenge midweek?
Jen
Closed Thread