Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Yes, fun thread. I don't go to the gym yet. Probably, I am not quite ready but I used to go and didnt like it too much (I am honest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeStahr View Post
What a fun thread!

1. My biggest gym pet peeve happens to the be the skinny-minis that come with with full makeup and jewelry, with their hair done - and barely work out at all.
I found out that this doesn't bother me at all. I am from Russia and woman there wear full make up and etc everywhere because you can find a good husband even if you go to throw out the garbage. So gym is much better place and you should be ready.
PrincessSophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #47  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
I wear Vibram FiveFingers and am constantly on the look out for other VFF fans. There's only 3 of us that I've seen so far.
THISSS THIS THIS...I just bought a pair 2 weeks ago. Best shoes ever. My sister has a pair as well. Besides us, I think i've only seen 1 other person wearing them. And planet Fitness is HUGEEEE

Last edited by baker23; 03-06-2012 at 02:53 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #48  
YOLO

S/C/G: 156/128-130/Fit(ter)

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunrio View Post
2. I absolutely do not socialize in the gym because for me, it is about business. This has only recently become an issue as I have apparently transitioned from someone that needs to get to know the gym into someone that knows her way around the gym and get asked about equipment from new members.
This.Is.My.Biggest.Pet.Peeve.Of.ALL
My father is friends with some of the people in the gym so they feel it's cool to talk to me when I'm in the middle of beating my abs/legs senseless. And when I stop, I lose enough energy that it feels like I'm starting all over again. And I hate it.
Please Do Not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #49  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

My biggest gym pet peeves are:

-women who bring their way-too-old-to-be-in-a-woman's-locker-room male child into the locker room. C'mon. Up to about age 3 I can see- 4 maybe. But older than that, it makes me uncomfortable. There are family changing rooms for a reason, if you don't think your kid can be trusted to change their clothes by themselves or don't trust the guys in the men's locker room. It makes me extremely uncomfortable when a 6 or 7 year old kid is staring at me while I change. I don't feel it's appropriate at all.
-People who are all "look at me, look at me!" at the gym. There was this one guy that used to come in to my gym that wore sunglasses most of the time when he worked out. Sometimes he'd flip them up on top of his head and he didn't show any sensitivity to light, but most of the time his shades were down and it just made me think he thought he was cool. What was funnier was that he was in his late 30's or early 40's. Too old for that, IMO.
-Grunters
-People who sit on a machine and text instead of workout
-People who talk on their phone when working out
-People who wear perfume or cologne- it's overpowering in a gym situation
-The marathon runner who wears the short-shorts that shows off the bottom half of his butt cheeks.
-People that take the fan I had set up directed at me and re-position it in a completely different direction as though I wasn't there first and don't exist.
-People that come over while I'm working on a piece of equipment and actually take the handle off and walk away to use it on a different machine. Yes, this actually happened to me. I was using a cable machine alternating arms and a personal trainer came up and grabbed the handle on the side I wasn't using right that second without even asking if I was using it. Since I was alternating sides, I was.
-People who don't wipe their sweat off the machines when done
-Women who lift insanely light weight and you can tell it's not anywhere near enough to actually push them.

On the flip side:
-I love watching women lift heavy
-I love when someone really overweight comes in and I always mentally cheer them on
-I love watching the group fitness classes and wish I wasn't such a clutz and could do Zumba because it looks fun.

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 03-06-2012 at 04:00 PM.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post
THISSS THIS THIS...I just bought a pair 2 weeks ago. Best shoes ever. My sister has a pair as well. Besides us, I think i've only seen 1 other person wearing them. And planet Fitness is HUGEEEE
Yeah! There's only one other person besides my gym buddy and I. They are so great. I got mine for Christmas (Sneaky boyfriend measured my foot and I didn't even realize it!) and I am already planning out what pair I want next. Probably the KOS. I have the Sprints. What did you get?
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #51  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

I used to go to the gym but now I work out at home.

What bothered me:

- 14-15 year old stick thin girls walking on the treadmill for 5 minutes then leaving. Not to mention the fact they need to go have fun at that age rather than worry about their figure
- People trying to strike a conversation with me when they can clearly see I'm wearing earphones and don't want to talk
- The intimidating men with the fake-looking muscles always hogging the free weights area. They do nothing but sit or stand their half the time, and it's just too much for me to even bother.

What I liked:

- The hot men
- Watching people my size work their butts off like I am
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Schubunny - In defense of the 14 -15 year olds who "don't need to worry about their figure".....if they get into the habit of going to the gym and worrying about their figure now, they might not ever reach the point where it becomes a problem somewhere down the road. I agree that 5 minutes on the treadmill does nothing for them, but going to the gym can never be a bad thing.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

I can't stand when I see people (usually older men) who just seem to lamely sit on the exercise equipment and gaze around the gym with lackluster interest, as if they wished they were anywhere else but there. I suspect that they're the ones who are in the gym only because their wives insisted that they be there.

Last edited by tricon7; 03-07-2012 at 08:52 AM.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 229/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I am new here but gonna put in my 2cents.

I don't like the perfumed ladies. The whole floor smells like them.
I don't like the guy that comes for 2-3 hours a day just to talk to everyone. Every time I look at him he is talking and doing nothing.
I don't like the woman that has obviously had major work done. She is the perfect size. Unfortunately she had to pay to be that way and you can tell because she paid for her boobs being lifted and her face(although if you ask me she left some money on the table on that one.)
I don't like when people talk to me either. I only have so much free time to get my workout in and if I am talking to you I can't be working. Not to mention that my heart rate is dropping.
erh12275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #55  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/gym
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #56  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Hilarious, I love it!!!

Here's another one:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/f...flowchart.html
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #57  
Ally

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

This is a great thread I'm at the gym a lot and here are my confessions :3

- I love sweat during work outs. It helps me remember why I'm there, and motivates me to push harder.
- I can't stand the girls (usually) that get onto a machine and talk for an hour without doing anything other than texting. The machines are there for everyone, and they just take up space that they're not benefiting from.
- I always look angry when I'm working out because I'm concentrating, and it is wayyy too off-putting for all the attractive guys in there. But I know I will never seem as 'cute' as the tiny girl on the treadmill...
- I use going to the gym as an excuse not to hang out with certain people. I'm in college right now and I use my workouts as a stress reliever.

They're basically mine, so far
musicismysoulfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsgurl0531 View Post
I HATE HATE it when people go on the machine next to me when there are plenty of empty ones everywhere else. I have actually moved machines (probably too dramatically) when people take one right next to me and there are empty ones all over the place. I understand when it is busy... but if I'm the only one working out in a row of 10 and someone takes the one right next to me... makes me rage a little.

I couldn't agree more! I hate that! Why crowd me when the entire gym is empty???
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #59  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

starved baked potato. LOL
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I remembered this thread right after having the thought " I wonder if other people do that." Since I am not very social but sometimes people watch I have found that I just assigned celebrity names or personalities to fellow regular gym goers. There is Don Johnson, he likes the elliptical next to my favorite. Paris Hilton is there on Saturdays then there is Jillian Michaels, who is probably the hardest working woman there.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote