Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #31  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassiebby1124 View Post
Another confession. It bugs the heck outta me when the women in the locker room gladly flaunt their nakedness. I understand that you need strip to put clothes on, but must you walk around like it's one big party?

And I get jealous when people around run less and burn more calories than me..
I actually envy those women who are comfortable enough with their bodies to be seen naked. Maybe one day I will be one of those women (of course I still wouldnt, but the fact that I would be comfortable enough with myself is the key point!)

My big confession : I hate working out with men in a unisex gym. HATE IT. I used to attend an all female gym and I loved it, but now I live near my school campus and have to use the gym there. Nothing makes you feel worse then hot college girls walking around in sports bras and itsy bitsy shorts being checked out by the horny college boys while you fade into the background.

Last edited by Candeka; 03-05-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileysmomma View Post
Amen. I've had to move from my treadmill several times in the past because people stink. It isn't that I'm working out and sweating stink. It's I haven't washed my crack in days stink. Ugh! Makes me so mad!!!
EXACTLY!! I expect some degree of stench (and certainly others have to deal with mine as well) but when it's wafting in my face from four ellipticals away, that's a problem.

The cologne/perfume thing bugs me, too!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #33  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

I also can't stand when someone is right next to me - the kickboxing bags in my class are pretty close together but there are seriously like 60, so there is no need to be right next to one another...yet it happens - drives me nuts!!

I also can't stand when a group of girls comes for the same class and all they do is laugh and make jokes an BS - like seriously go to brunch for that...

I always put a towel over my machine if I'm running - 100% and I have to listen to my running playlist if I'm on the treadmill.

Those are def. big pet peeves of mine!!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't have a gym membership but I do use one at my complex.
I would say that my biggest pet peeves are:

1) No daycare, so mom, dad, & whoever thinks nothing of walking their kids through the room letting them run around. Especially when they refuse to use the bathrooms at our pool. So half the time they weren't even using the gym!

2) Not cleaning the machines or simply not having materials to clean them with.

3) I hate that my gym has wifi. People shouldn't be talking on their phones etc sitting on computers while there. I have this secret fear that someone would record or watch my fat butt jiggling while I run on the treadmill and let the whole world see it.
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 165/?/STRONG

Height: 5'5"

What a fun thread!

1. My biggest gym pet peeve happens to the be the skinny-minis that come with with full makeup and jewelry, with their hair done - and barely work out at all. Or the group of girls that come in and play with their iPods more than they work out. Why bother??

2. I like to watch football when I'm working on cardio. Those guys are so athletic.. it's amazing!

3. It's not the hot guys that motivate me at the gym, it's the girls that are extremely fit and working their butts off. They're so inspirational!
CeeStahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #36  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
t bugs the heck outta me when the women in the locker room gladly flaunt their nakedness
100% AGREE on this. I was in the locker room relaxing after a particularly hard workout and the entire time I was in there, a women was hogging up the big mirror checking herself out. Not a quick, lets see how in shape I am look but a "OMG I'm in love with myself" 10 minute(liderely) look and smile thing.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 158/125

Height: 5'8.5"

haha, I don't go to the gym.
PamelaViktoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I have a few gym confessions.

1. I purposely speed up my pace to pass the people talking on their phones when on the track. The people that chat on their phone barely breaking a sweat while using up an in-demand piece of equipment drives me crazy.

2. I absolutely do not socialize in the gym because for me, it is about business. This has only recently become an issue as I have apparently transitioned from someone that needs to get to know the gym into someone that knows her way around the gym and get asked about equipment from new members.

3. I feel too uncoordinated to participate in classes so I am a lone wolf with my workouts.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #39  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

1. A lot of times, I'll go to the front of the class, because being near the instructor keeps my accountability in check.
2. I hate when people look at my numbers on a machine. Mind your own business!!!
3. I don't like it when people "play" in the gym. It shouldn't bother me, but if you're not going to give it a serious effort, why try?
4. I sing to the words of my music when working out alone. If no one is around me I'll sing out loud. I often dance too...or at least work out to the beat of the music.
5. I'm terrified of Zumba class, because I am very uncoordinated. It gets worse when my muscles are tired.
6. I often close my eyes when I work out.
7. I like sweating when I work out. It makes me feel like I've done something. The more sweat, the better.
8. I always wish to be one of those people who can do 5am workouts.
9. People who talk in class piss me off, and I'm not even the instructor. If you're talking in class you're not working hard enough!!!
10. I once went to spin class with a hangover. WORST.CLASS.EVER.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 03-05-2012 at 05:43 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #40  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

Whoo, boy. I've slacked the last couple of months, so I don't know that I'm qualified, but here goes.

1.) I hate the women who come in, set up on a treadmill, and--really, this is the only objectionable part--turn off the freaking fan. Now, I know they're in shape, but I'm not. I'm still pretty big, and when I work out, I sweat. Plus the window to the room has a southern exposure, so it gets pretty toasty on sunny days. I can understand turning it away so it doesn't blow on you, but at least ask the other people in the room if maybe they'd like it on. To be fair, this doesn't bug me as much as it did 60-70 pounds ago. But, man, I get so rageful.

2.) I get really self-conscious when someone very fit comes in to work out. I know I don't look that good. It's not really an inspiration, because I can't exactly stare at them. That would be stalking. That would be bad.

3.) The gym that I go to has a separate women's room--this is the room that I use. It's relatively small. The gym also has a huge unisex area. I use the women's area because I like smaller spaces, and because I'm often the only one in there. This means that if things need adjusting--wedgies, boob migration, etc--I can just do a quick look around, see if there's anyone in the room, and correct the problem. Easy peasy, if a bit declasse.

4.) If I'm using a weight machine, and I have to adjust the weights up before I use it, I feel a little zing of pride.

5.) All of the lifeguards, male and female, are really hot. This makes swimming more appealing.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #41  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunrio View Post
2. I absolutely do not socialize in the gym because for me, it is about business. This has only recently become an issue as I have apparently transitioned from someone that needs to get to know the gym into someone that knows her way around the gym and get asked about equipment from new members.
THISSSS

From the moment I set foot in the gym, I am doing something. I am NEVER idle and I don't sit around and chit chat before the classes. I'm on the treadmill, I'm lifting weights, I'm hoola-hooping, etc. People like to talk to me or ask me questions about my weight loss...It's not really an issue if I'm hoola hooping or on the treadmill, but when I'm trying to lift weights it's very annoying.

I know some newer members probably think I'm unfriendly but I'm not at the gym to socialize. I'm there to workout.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #42  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassiebby1124 View Post
Another confession. It bugs the heck outta me when the women in the locker room gladly flaunt their nakedness. I understand that you need strip to put clothes on, but must you walk around like it's one big party?
My pet peeve while I was back in America for the holidays was the opposite. I couldn't stand how shy everyone was about being naked! I've gotten used to lots and lots of nakedness here (communal bathing at the gym and also at onsen resorts), so it was weird and confining to feel stared at for not having my body completely covered by clothes or a towel at all times.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #43  

This thread is too funny!

1. I live in a college town and I love staring at the gorgeous men in the gym, even though I work out with my boyfriend.

2. I get insanely jealous when a skinny girl works out next to my boyfriend. But it motivates me to work harder so i can look like that one day.

3. I have serious anxiety attacks before entering the gym. I feel like people judge me cuz I'm the "fat girl".

4. I stare at myself in the gym mirror way too much.
Kelseyj325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:50 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 154/148/135

Height: 5' 4"

I hate that I have to work my schedule around an instructor that can handle having a deaf person in the class (and thus give adequate visual clues) instead of around my time.

I'm embarrassed that I have to not only be the uncoordinated out of shape chick up front but I have additional things that signal me out. I may be moving the same direction as the instructor and not the class, moving 2 beats behind and sometimes I might even be standing in a completely different position than the rest of the class just so I can see clearly and mimic (rather than trying to figure out what the instructor has said). I don't mind being different. I just hate that I look like a fool because nobody knows why I'm marching to my own beat. (I do tell the instructors).

I hate that I can't wear proper tennis shoes and I'm still trying to find a foot solution, while living abroad and not having choices.

But you know what...
I do it anyways. I have to regularly block those things out of my mind or I would never go. If I look like a fool, so be it. I'm in it for me.

Last edited by kcoftx; 03-06-2012 at 02:55 AM.
kcoftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

1) I HATE inappropriate gym attire. My gym has rules but does not enforce them. Examples: a) the teenaged boy in a fancy flat brimmed baseball hat, a polo shirt, and cargo pants who hovers near the weights, uses them for 2 minutes, then talks the whole rest of the time I'm at the gym. b) the woman who is working out in CROCHETED SLIPPERS wearing FUZZY LOUNGE SOCKS. c) the people in street clothes walking at 2MPH on the treadmills when I want to run and sweat but there are none left. d) the people in PAJAMAS walking on the treadmill at 2MPH. e) the people talking on their cellphones walking on the treadmills at 2MPH (Not attire but still annoying). Basically anyone screwing around on a treadmill. If I can't get a treadmill and you're playing on it, I'm pissed at you.

2) I secretly like it when my gym buddy can't go. I feel like I push harder when she's not there. She's my height and 50lbs lighter, I can't keep up with her so I don't even try anymore.

3) I hate that it's March and my gym is still full. It was a ghost town in December.

4) I hate that my gym serves pizza the first Monday of the month. It makes it IMPOSSIBLE to find parking and people only show up to socialize and eat free pizza.

5) I secretly cheer on anyone who is putting in real effort. "You go, girl!"

6) I keep an eye on regulars I recognize and pay attention to what they are doing (Creeeepy).

7) I will mouth the screaming lyrics in my metal music. I'm pretty sure I look like an angry lunatic.

8) I wear Vibram FiveFingers and am constantly on the look out for other VFF fans. There's only 3 of us that I've seen so far.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote