Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #961  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone

I hope you all had awesome weekends and are looking forward to the week.

It's been a pretty rough start to the week for us here in Toronto, the temps have been crazy cold so it's hard to get up and get moving in the morning. I didn't get out of bed until 8:10 this morning... (I am supposed to start work at 8:30...whoops!) However, I did actually make it in to work by 9 AM so luckily I only have to stay an extra 1/2 hour than usual. Plus, yesterday I made soup for dinner tonight so that 30mins would have been cooking time anyway. All works out in the end.

On another note, I have decided to go back to daily weighing. I find it really helps me to stay more accountable for what I eat every day because if I do eat something I shouldn't have it will show. Weekly weighing just doesn't have the same effect on me and I find I lose motivation very quickly. Anyone else a daily weigher??

Here is my plan for the day Mon 1/24/2011

B - Homemade Smoothie w/ 1/2 banana, 8oz almond milk, a little organic cocoa powder and a little strawberry agave syrup + 2 slices whole wheat bread w/ natural peanut butter

S - 1 cup raw broccoli w/ hummus

L - Homemade Barley Casserole + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 small apple

D - Homemade Cauliflower Bisque - prob. about 1 1/2 cups worth + 1 slice whole toast w/ earth balance

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
Old 01-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #962  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, so today I felt like jogging on the treadmill. I N-E-V-E-R run. Period. But I feel AWESOME today and I felt like running. So I did. I didn't last very long, but I did it. Baby steps, right?!?! Then I hopped my big ole happy hiney off of the treadmill and got straight on the elliptical. Didn't last very long there either, but I did it! I have GOT to get in an exercising routine! It makes you feel so GOOD...and when you already feel good....WOW! I feel like I could run a marathon (as long as it wasn't any longer than my house! )

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-24-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #963  
Diana

Lauren, I weigh daily. I've tried not to, but I still do. I skip some days, but I'm there most everyday. I agree....it helps with accountability, for me anyway! If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to get below 200? (I noticed your ticker). You began at just over where I am now. My goal is to be there by May 23, 2011 (figured on losing 1.5-2 lbs per week). I started this journey on Jan 3rd.

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-24-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #964  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post
I'm not sure how accurate this calculator is but it was helpful for me...
http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-ex...-3146-143.html
Thanks for posting this LittleL, it is very helpful. I'll probably make some adjustments to my goals.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #965  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Okay, so today I felt like jogging on the treadmill. I N-E-V-E-R run. Period. But I feel AWESOME today and I felt like running. So I did. I didn't last very long, but I did it. Baby steps, right?!?! Then I hopped my big ole happy hiney off of the treadmill and got straight on the elliptical. Didn't last very long there either, but I did it! I have GOT to get in an exercising routine! It makes you feel so GOOD...and when you already feel good....WOW! I feel like I could run a marathon (as long as it wasn't any longer than my house! )
Awesome!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #966  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Lauren, I weigh daily. I've tried not to, but I still do. I skip some days, but I'm there most everyday. I agree....it helps with accountability, for me anyway! If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to get below 200? (I noticed your ticker). You began at just over where I am now. My goal is to be there by May 23, 2011 (figured on losing 1.5-2 lbs per week). I started this journey on Jan 3rd.

It took me about 10months to lose 28lbs. I was a total bouncy ball! One month I would be right into my lifestyle change then the next month I wouldn't care and so on and so forth.

I think you could definitely reach onderland if you stick to your plan and focus on your goal. And we're always here to help support and motivate you.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #967  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down

Saturday night I binged without thinking. It started because I had been so good all week I thought I could reward myself with a Dove ice cream bar. That just led to a mindless consumption of bad carbs.

I did much better yesterday, and today is going well. Trying not to beat myself up too much for the slip.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #968  
Diana

Gwen, I've made it my number 1 cardinal rule that this time around I WILL NOT "reward" myself with food. I've done that in previous "attempts" at losing weight. It sets me up for failure every time! I'm finding other ways to reward my goals....Hubby and I were just talking this weekend about how I could reward myself when I reach my first mini goal. I WILL have new clothes then! I'm hoping my reward for achieving onederland will be wearing some clothes that I haven't felt comfortable in in a very long time! I want shorts and short sleeved shirts (not 3/4 length sleeves!). I eventually want to feel good in something sleeveless! (Okay, so that may be a long shot! LOL) BUT if I don't get off my rear and out from in front of this computer, I'll never get there!

Think rewards besides food!!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #969  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Gwen Hi and Welcome! Today is a new day. Get right back on track and go forward. Don't dwell on what happened this weekend, but still learn from it. I agree with Diana(LA) about not having food as a reward. That's what got us in trouble in the first place.

Lauren I am a daily weigher. What did you do to my computer????!!!!! There are all kinds of chocolate desserts on the right of the screen. It's all Lauren's fault, I say! She started it with the cup cakes!

Diana(LA) How am I going to top the granny panties for tomorrow's early morning discussion?

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-24-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #970  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon lovely ladies!

So I'm not going to renew my gym membership next month, unfortunately. My fiancee and I recently let a friend of his move in with us. He is unemployed & doesn't have any income what so ever. We feed him etc etc. That $30/mo. could be better used for food and bills right now. My fiancee has agreed to go walking with me everyday at the park, and **** when I first lost 69 lbs. I went walking on a trail with my sister. Who needs some fancy smancy gym anyway?

Breakfast
Half a cup of coffee - unsure of calories, didn't even finish it. I'm trying to wean myself off of coffee by only getting half of my normal amount.
Half a donut - I don't even want to know how many calories are in the chocolate roll. Some evil person brought them to work for everyone. I controlled myself though and only ate half, proud of myself considering it's my favorite donut

Lunch
Chicken and cheese wrap on a small lowcarb tortilla - approx 300 calories

Dinner
Chicken and cheese wrap (possibly..that or a tuna sandwich) on a regular sized flour tortilla - approx 450 calories.

I haven't weighed myself since TOM..I might go over to my sisters today and weigh myself and see what it is.

Keep up the great work ladies! Stay happy, healthy and beautiful! We can do this!

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 01-24-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #971  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I am a daily weigher. Every morning after my pee before I get dressed or consume anything. I find that this is the only way I stay accountable. If I am up I try to figure out why... if I am down I try to figure out why. I adjust what I eat accordingly for the day. If I am down I can hve some extras if I am up I take the extras away. If I am up I try to remember if I had all my water the day before and make sure to drink more on that day in case it is water weight. If I am up I try to remember when my last poo was... and have a strong cup of coffee if I need to. This weight loss consumes me. It is ok with me though. I am happy I am finally figuring out how to lose it.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #972  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
YAY for running AND the elliptical!!!! Feels great, doesn't it? I think I might be semi-addicted to the treadmill (running)...I feel guilty on days I don't get on it. I just don't feel the same.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #973  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
Saturday night I binged without thinking. It started because I had been so good all week I thought I could reward myself with a Dove ice cream bar. That just led to a mindless consumption of bad carbs.

I did much better yesterday, and today is going well. Trying not to beat myself up too much for the slip.
Don't stress about the "slip up"!!!! Just get right back on plan, and forget about it!!! We have ALL been there.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #974  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaChristine View Post
Good afternoon lovely ladies!

So I'm not going to renew my gym membership next month, unfortunately. My fiancee and I recently let a friend of his move in with us. He is unemployed & doesn't have any income what so ever. We feed him etc etc. That $30/mo. could be better used for food and bills right now. My fiancee has agreed to go walking with me everyday at the park, and **** when I first lost 69 lbs. I went walking on a trail with my sister. Who needs some fancy smancy gym anyway?

Breakfast
Half a cup of coffee - unsure of calories, didn't even finish it. I'm trying to wean myself off of coffee by only getting half of my normal amount.
Half a donut - I don't even want to know how many calories are in the chocolate roll. Some evil person brought them to work for everyone. I controlled myself though and only ate half, proud of myself considering it's my favorite donut

Lunch
Chicken and cheese wrap on a small lowcarb tortilla - approx 300 calories

Dinner
Chicken and cheese wrap (possibly..that or a tuna sandwich) on a regular sized flour tortilla - approx 450 calories.

I haven't weighed myself since TOM..I might go over to my sisters today and weigh myself and see what it is.

Keep up the great work ladies! Stay happy, healthy and beautiful! We can do this!
You definitely don't need a gym to exercise and be successful with your weight loss! Walk/jog, go bike riding (when it's warmer), hike - all free! You can even get workout videos off the internet!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #975  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

okay ladies. I ate too much salt this weekend, and I didn't have my water bottle by my side, so all that led to 1.25 lb gain. I will drink plenty of water and make it all go away!

Just got back from the gym, 30 minutes kickboxing, 30 minutes circuit, and 30 minutes on the bike.
Closed Thread