Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #496  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachaelfoy View Post
I tried to reply to your last post but it gave me an error. 12 inches and 16 pounds. That is so awesome! Congrats! Your feedback is inspiring and so is your commitment.

Rachael
Thanks so very much! That means a lot to me!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #497  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
I spent hours looking online for ideas... I looked at some Kanji symbols... I like thosee too... will have to research more. I saw stars going up ankles and I thought of getting a star for every 5 or 10 pounds... maaybe small stars for 5 pounds and big stars for 10... but it seems like stars are pretty popular and I might want something more original. Still open for ideas... I wonder what the kanji symbol for willpower would be? When people ask me how I am losing weight I say "willpower and determination".
仕付 is self-discipline
Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #498  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post
Pint - Is the BL workout on the Wii or a DVD? I'm interested in it! Do you like it? Other than it making you sore! I remember that feeling when I did P90X...I needed help sitting and getting up!

Rachael - I haven't signed up yet. I talked to the hubby and he's down for doing the 5k with me! I will probably sign up this weekend.

LadyLai - Chocolate monkey smoothie! I'm guessing chocolate banana?

Ande - Your homemade split pea soup sounds good, I've never had it. But, I like peas!
Lindsey, you got it! 1/3 of a small banana, 4tsp. cocoa powder, flax seed, 40g protein powder, ice and water! Settles my chocolate craving quite well.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

LadyLai - I'm going to have to try that!! Yum!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #500  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning! It's hump day! We are half way to the weekend

I'm thinking TTOM is getting ready to start. I had a little bounce in my weight and I am starting to get some other symptoms. We'll see what happens. I am hoping with my weight loss TTOM will eventually improve for me.

I don't change my ticker for daily fluctuations. Do you?

Weigh In: 166.6

Up: .6
Old 01-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #501  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Diana- I don't change for daily fluctuations. I only change once I have weighed the same for two days in a row.

Krampus- thanks for the symbols. I am still deciding and not quite under 200 yet.

Yesterday I did the ellipitical for 45 minutes then strength training with my trainer for 30 minutes... then I went back in the PM for Body Combat. It was my first time and I wasn't real good but it was fun and different. I am a bit sore in the shoulders from it- and my whole body is tired from the working out. But, I am still back to the gym this AM for spin class at 9:45.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #502  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Scales went up slightly today. I'm thinking it's a combo of all the sodium from the chili yesterday and the remains of that workout. My body is still massively sore though. I heard bananas (potassium) and protein help, but we're out of bananas.

Linds, the workout is on Wii. You weigh in, pick from a list of workouts that vary from a 4 week beginner's program to a 12 week super fat burning program to one that is not recommended for me at this time. It's called "Marathon man" or something like that. It has the option to "compete" with someone during workouts too. It's kicking my butt all over the living room.

I'm going to HAVE to get to the grocery store today!! I'm running out of fresh fruits and veggies! We didn't go when they were predicting the snow because, well, they only predicted a "light dusting" of snow and we thought we'd be fine. Wrong. The light dusting turned into 4-6 inches with ice. This is supposed to be the last day before it starts warming up.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #503  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, last night's WW mtg was better than I had hoped for. I started actually doing WW last week, but didn't do my first weigh in til last night so I was kinda bummed that my 5.2 lb loss for last week wouldn't count toward my goal....but I explained what I had been doing and THEY ALLOWED ME TO COUNT IT!!!! I was soooooo glad!! Sooooooo....that pumped me up a bit!! lol On the down side, I went slightly over my target of 1242 calories....went over by 50, but I don't include my exercise......so I'm probably good. I know, that's pretty messed up..... I didn't technically get to work out yesterday (work then an extra long mtg didn't let me get home til after 9 p.m. last night, put the kids in bed and then crashed myself)....I figure it all works out.

I'm lovin this board! I know I keep sayin' it, but it helps me day to day to stay focused.....and I need that. I can't figure out why I ever stopped coming to begin with.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #504  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I ate more than I intended to today. I didn't have time to make lunch because I overslept, ended up buying the school lunch (which was BIG), and then had dessert twice in the evening time. Did cardio and pushups etc though so I feel OK.

Breakfast - missed

Lunch - School lunch: "chicken rice," a hamburg patty, a small piece of tofu, tamagoyaki (I'll just say it counts as one egg), 3 pieces of radish in a sweet sauce, half a mandarin orange, small amounts of seaweed and pickles. Totally unsure of the calorie count. I'll say 850.

Snacks - 2 Pineapple Lumps and 1 donut-mochi thing, 150.

Dinner - Subway Tuna on Wheat with shrimp, lettuce, tomato, onion, green peppers; 1 cookie, 1 regular Baskin Robbins ice cream, 800.

Total: 1800 or so.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #505  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!

Snowed in today. We've already got something like 12 inches and are still expecting atleast another 6. My tiny car is completely stuck in our driveway. Our street isn't plowed at all so there is no way that I can go anywhere.

So I am down another .4 today. I am LOVING IT! I LOVE slow and steady losses. My muscles feel better today. I am planning on doing Bob's 15 min ab workout today and I'm also thinking that I'll try Bob's 20 min strength training. I was supposed to run today but I can do that tomorrow. I won't get to the gym today, that's for sure.

Hope everyone has a warm, and OP day!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #506  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

Wow! I have missed a lot since I have been out of town on business.

I have fluctuated this whole week with a pound loss/gain. I did survive some massive temptations while I was out of town. So hopefully my weekly weigh in tomorrow will reflect this.

I'm looking forward to spending my 15 minutes on the elliptical tonight. I haven't been home since Sunday night.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Stacy-I like the idea of a tattoo! I may steal that from you

Debbie-I'm curious to know about this mentor that you are accountable to. If you don't mind sharing with me how it works.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #507  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

I don't change my ticker for daily fluctuations. Do you?
Nope. If it's lower, yes...that would be my "new low." If I'm up a day or two I don't change it. I know I'll be back at that weight again soon!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #508  

Stacy - Awesome workout!

Pint - Thanks for the info about the BL workout on the Wii. I'm gonna look for it on Amazon. Be careful in that ice/snow mess! I can't believe NC is getting hit this hard...crazy! When I lived there I think it snowed like 3 times, one time though we did get about 6 inches and ice!

Gaining - I'm so glad to hear your meeting went well! Yay for the 5.2 pounds, that's GREAT! Over 50 calories...no biggie, that's awesome! And eating 1200 is hard! I hear ya about this board, I LOVE it! I seriously don't think I could have done this all without my ladies here at 3FC, specifically this board!

Krampus - I think you did pretty well! It's hard sometimes when you miss a snack or meal, kinda throws your whole day off.

Vixsin - 12 inches + another 6 coming?!?! Holy cow girl, that's crazy!!! I lived in Michigan for 20 years and I don't remember THAT much snow! I hear ya about the run, I was planning on going tonight, but it's snowing and it's like 20 out! Too cold IMO to run outside......so I'm going to do other things today and go Friday when it's 36 out!

Novelista - for avoiding the temptations!! That is so hard when you're not at home!
Down 0.6 this morning!!! 150.6#...getting SO close to the 140s! Maybe by this weekend? I hope I don't jinx myself now. Hope you ladies have a great, OP day today! Off to work on some homework and start a paper! No running today, elliptical instead. Stupid treadmills in our building are on the fritz still, BUT the elliptical works! Running Friday and Saturday when it will be MUCH warmer out!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #509  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Happy very snowy morning everyone!

School has been canceled today, so I have all four kiddos at home and probably won't be around as much. Dh is also home, but he's working from home.

Yesterday my calories were 1,554. I was in my calorie range, but I ate WAY too many carbs! With the switch to a more vegan lifestyle, I'm finding it hard to keep the balance with carbs. I need to push a lot more fruits and veggies and get creative.

Wow, it's snowing so hard here, I can barely see the house right across the road! We're supposed to get 18+ inches of snow today.

Last edited by shellsbrood; 01-12-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #510  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay guys....I'm starving today for some reason. I've had over 500 of my 1242 calories for the day already and I'm shaky. I've hit the elliptical for a little bit, but wanna do more....if these shakies go away. I don't wanna bomb the day out of fear that my blood sugar is dropping. Suggestions? According to livestrong about half of my calories today have been carbs..the rest are a mix of fiber and protein. I'm thinkin' I need a BIG OLE rich, gooey dessert! HA!! Just KIDDIN'!!! What I need is suggestions from my wise friends at 3FC!!! Gimme what'cha got girlies!!
Closed Thread