Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #361  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Breakfast was 290 calories:

1 Nature's Own English Muffin
1 egg
2 slices lower sodium turkey bacon
1 slice 2% reduce fat cheese
Diet Coke (my weekness....I'll mostly give
it up eventually)

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-09-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #362  
At it again

Hi everyone! I've been absent the last few days. Hit a mental roadblock, but apparently, not an eating plan roadblock. I stayed pretty close to plan and am down 5 lbs since Jan 1st. Not the great woosh that I usually have at the start of a diet, but that's ok. None of the other diets have worked!

Great job on all the losses I see and even to those who are struggling, but still trying. You really inspire me.

Yesterday: 1325 calories, 30 mins on treadmill, 64 oz water.

I am off to find some menus. Woman cannot not live on chicken alone!

Have a great day!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Breakfast was 290 calories:

1 Nature's Own English Muffin
1 egg
2 slices lower sodium turkey bacon
1 slice 2% reduce fat cheese
Diet Coke (my weekness....I'll mostly give
it up eventually)
I would challenge you to give up the diet soda for 2-4 weeks. I firmly believe that artificial sweeteners interfere fat burning. Every time I trade my soda for water I lose and I feel less bloated. Fresca is my weakness and I reward myself with it one day per week. Today is the day Yea!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #364  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Debbie- don't feel bad about rules... we all have to do what we have to do... I have rules too. I think no deserts until losing 40 pounds is very reasonable. I waited 5 months before adding a treat. You are doing great and don't let a momentary loss in will power effect the rest of your week... just get right back to work on theis weight loss.

I don't know about the rest of you but this is work. I think about my desires and my diet all day long. It is a conscience effort of willpower, dedication and determination... plus a community of people who support me, praise me and help me when I need a lift. One slip up happens... just don't let it happen two days in a row or three or four....
Thank you sweetie. It was my first slip up since dec 28, so thats pretty good. Even with the calories added, its not bad bad! But its the sugar, and the loss of control that i felt again. Thanksss muah d
Old 01-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #365  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Happy Sunday!

Lindsey--I'm ready for Monday!! I need to catch up with you, because you're knocking it out of the park with your running! How's your knee doing?

Ok, you girls know I love you all right? Well, your big sister has some sisterly advice. If you don't want a lecture feel free to skip the following:

Y'all need to reeeelax! We are on an amazing journey of health and fitness, but we aren't perfect. And you know what? That's ok! In a perfect world, we would eat the exact calories we need, we'd exercise the perfect amount of minutes, we'd stay away from saturated fats, sugar, dyes, HFCS, eat tons of veggies, the right amount of fruit, no additives, no preservatives, only whole grain, drink 8 glasses of water a day, ect ect ect. But, we're not. We're going to mess up. But, we're learning. We may fall on our face one day, but don't beat yourself up about it while you're down. Get up, celebrate your accomplishments! Yes, you may have eaten that candy bar, but you stayed within your calorie range. Or, yes, you may have blown your calories, but you did say no to the chocolate cake.

Obviously, I'm not saying to not care anymore and eat whatever you like. But, I am saying to accept the fact that slip ups happen and they're ok.

I hope y'all don't mind me saying all of this. You guys mean a lot to me and I care about you. I worry when I see you guys beat yourselves into the ground and I want to empower you to reach your goals healthily! We're in this together, we can do this and we can still love ourselves despite our faults.

Ok, I'm done now...
Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #366  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Was up 1.4 this morning but didn't let it stop me at ALL today!

I shoveled snow to get the car out. Then I went to the gym and ran for a FULL 30 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in total awe of what I accomplished today. I have never been able to do that. I can really call myself a "runner". That is such an amazing feeling.

I'll be back later to post my food. I am doing good so far and keeping it nice and "clean" today. Loving it!!!
^^^^THIS^^^

This is what I'm talking about. This is the attitude that will produce amazing results both physically and mentally. Vixsin, you are an inspiration!!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
What the **** kind of elliptical are you on??? It takes me 40 minutes to burn 400 calories? Does yours do arms and legs? Are you at a high resistance? How fast are you going? Why can't I burn 400 calories in 14 minutes?
Me too! I need to know LadyLai!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #368  

Debbie -
Pint - Thanks! You'll get there soon! I couldn't believe I could do a mile! It was cake!
Gaining - Your breakfast sounds yummy!
rmc- Hi!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #369  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Happy Sunday!

Lindsey--I'm ready for Monday!! I need to catch up with you, because you're knocking it out of the park with your running! How's your knee doing?

Ok, you girls know I love you all right? Well, your big sister has some sisterly advice. If you don't want a lecture feel free to skip the following:

Y'all need to reeeelax! We are on an amazing journey of health and fitness, but we aren't perfect. And you know what? That's ok! In a perfect world, we would eat the exact calories we need, we'd exercise the perfect amount of minutes, we'd stay away from saturated fats, sugar, dyes, HFCS, eat tons of veggies, the right amount of fruit, no additives, no preservatives, only whole grain, drink 8 glasses of water a day, ect ect ect. But, we're not. We're going to mess up. But, we're learning. We may fall on our face one day, but don't beat yourself up about it while you're down. Get up, celebrate your accomplishments! Yes, you may have eaten that candy bar, but you stayed within your calorie range. Or, yes, you may have blown your calories, but you did say no to the chocolate cake.

Obviously, I'm not saying to not care anymore and eat whatever you like. But, I am saying to accept the fact that slip ups happen and they're ok.

I hope y'all don't mind me saying all of this. You guys mean a lot to me and I care about you. I worry when I see you guys beat yourselves into the ground and I want to empower you to reach your goals healthily! We're in this together, we can do this and we can still love ourselves despite our faults.

Ok, I'm done now...
Slips ups make us human! And WHO in their right mind could possibly resist chocolate forever??!!! Personally, I think ALL diets need room for treats, especially chocolate!

I agree with you Shells! I often get on myself for my slip ups and you're right we need to celebrate our accomplishments! I'm glad you posted this!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #370  

Shells - Surprisingly, my knee is feeling ok! (Knock on wood! ) I'm ready for Monday! You will kick butt @ running!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #371  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Talking Good Sunday Morning!!

Stacy and Lindsey.. LOL! I don't think it's so much of what kind of elliptical I'm on it's the heart rate monitor. If you use the monitor that's on your machine it isn't going to be accurate. Sure if I had to go by that, my calories would be under 200. I wear a heart rate monitor that straps around my chest. I had to input my height, age and weight. It then calculates how many calories I burned based on that info and the length of time I exercise. I do have an elliptical that works arms and legs, I go for 130/135 steps per minute on resistance 3. I'm a bigger girl, so I'm going to probably burn more calories than someone smaller.. my heart rate at it's highest (which I know is far beyond target range) can get to 180!

Sorry ladies no time for personals.. I'm going to take advantage of hubby's full day off! hehe! I'll definitely be back tomorrow for some catching up!!

I do have to say, excellent advice Debbie and Shells!!

Let's make good choices today!!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi, everyone! I'm joining in a bit late. Accountability is key to my success so I thought this thread might give me an extra boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Then I went to the gym and ran for a FULL 30 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in total awe of what I accomplished today. I have never been able to do that. I can really call myself a "runner". That is such an amazing feeling.
Wow, I cannot wait to get to where you are. I really love running but my motivation to do it is up and down so I never really get past the running 1 mile mark before I have to stop and wheeze for a bit. Still, better than what it could be! I'm actually on my way out to go to the gym and get on the treadmill for the first time in ages, so we'll see how far behind I've gotten...
Old 01-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 191/187/125

Height: 5' 00"

I've been playing the WII FIT and YOUR SHAPE for the WII for Christmas plus I also have the Shape-up Shoes. When I started using them I was 191lbs, now I am 187lbs.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Frustrated today! Back up to my starting weight. I am not going to stress about it because I have made a decision that this is not a diet it is going to be my way of life. It took me a while to put this weight on so I can’t expect it to be gone overnight….right? I wrote about this in my blog yesterday (www.treadmill-truth.com/blog). I realize I am going to have good days and bad days, hopefully more good than bad. It is my day off from exercise but I am still going to try my new DVD, Jillian Michaels 30 shred (wish me luck). It is also my cheat day where I am allowing myself my favorite drink, Fresca, it is so Yummy  I tried some running this week, my back was not happy with that (I had back surgery 1 year ago). I think I will stick to elliptical and stairmaster.

Debbie – What is a Mentor? I guess I don’t understand why you are so stressed.

Gaining – So did you decide to track daily on www.livestrong.com? What do you think?

Rmc- Nice job on your loss. Sounds like you are doing all the right stuff.

Lindsey – So glad your knee is feeling better. Take it easy this week.

Ladylai – Have a fun day with the hubby.

Crystal – Way to go on your loss. Keep going on the WII Fit.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Rachaelfoy; 01-09-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Hi ladies
Still feeling like crap. School starts tomorrow and I already have my lunch packed. Some chinese bbq pork, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 cup of cauliflower and 1 cup of green peas.

Dinner is going to be fish tacos and southern slaw. The recipes came from accent health
http://www.accenthealth.com/Patients...es-Detail/147/
http://www.accenthealth.com/Patients...es-Detail/152/

I will figure out the calories later. We are rearranging the house today. I am still exhausted so SO is doing more of the rearranging.

Roxanne
Closed Thread