Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post
I have shin splints too! I used to run cross country in high school and apparently developed them then. They are awful! My advice is take it easy when they are bothering you. Do what you can and like you said, listen to your body! Mine have gotten better since I've lost weight. But occasionally they still hurt.
I was trying to tart running, too... and I couldn't keep it up b/c of shin splints? Is tat something you always get? I might wait a bit to try again.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Good Morning Everyone.
Thank You all for Your support....I did struggle a bit yesterday, but i must get my butt back in gear.

Thank You all for the personal messages!!

The board moves so quickly!

Rachael i tried your email twice but no luck. So [email protected]

Have a super day everyone.

debbie
Old 01-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #453  
At it again

Good morning everyone! This thread does move quickly, but a lot of participation = a lot of support.

We were supposed to go away for a quick overnight trip to celebrate my birthday next week (it's a BIG one!), but my husband called this morning to say that his work schedule has changed and he has to work on Sat. Boooo! He was so upset . . . I think he feels worse than I do!

We'll have to put the trip off till sometime in Feb now, but that's ok. I'll have a few more weeks to be on plan and will buy a special (smaller!) outfit. AND, now I'll be getting that elliptical machine I want for my birthday.

Yesterday: 1225 calories, Wk1D1 of C25K!!, 64 oz of water. I have to work on getting more calories in earlier in the day. I tend to eat later at night. Since starting plan, I've been good about never missing breakfast or lunch - something I used to do routinely. Now, I think I have to bulk up those meals, so I'm not consuming so many calories so close to bedtime.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by rmc9142; 01-11-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #454  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone!! Today's gonna be better than yesterday......a positive attitude HAS to help, right?!?!

Not looking forward to work today. It's gonna be a boogerbear.

I finished off yesterday right on track! You guys make it sooooo much easier!!!

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #455  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachaelfoy View Post
Stacy – A tattoo? That would be perfect and a perfect reminder. I love kanji symbols maybe something that stands for success or strength?

I love this group! The support ROCKS!!!!
I spent hours looking online for ideas... I looked at some Kanji symbols... I like thosee too... will have to research more. I saw stars going up ankles and I thought of getting a star for every 5 or 10 pounds... maaybe small stars for 5 pounds and big stars for 10... but it seems like stars are pretty popular and I might want something more original. Still open for ideas... I wonder what the kanji symbol for willpower would be? When people ask me how I am losing weight I say "willpower and determination".
Old 01-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #456  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

LOOK EVERYONE DIANE has but 1 lb to lose to GOAL.

Lets CHEER OFF that 1 lb!

Diane YOU can do this!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #457  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Cheering with debbie..... You can do it Diane!!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #458  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Old 01-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #459  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

The word for today is WHOOOOOSH!!!!

I am down 1.6 today! Yay!

I am SUPER sore today so I am hoping for some more losses as I let my muscles rest today and possibly tomorrow too. I did get a yoga mat, so maybe some yoga tomorrow. Had a GREAT workout at the gym last night. I did my second 30 minute run. I ended up breaking it up because my brain talked me out of it at the 15 min mark, so I walked for 2 minutes and then ran for 15 more mins. I felt great. I've got 1 more 30 min run before I up the time to 33 mins. I'm excited!!

BBL for some personals. Must get some work done now.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #460  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back krampus!!

Diane, awesome job! 1lb to go?? I'm so jealous!

Vixin, great job on the loss!

rmc, that stinks about your birthday plans being canceled, but now you can add birthday AND Valentine's day together! Romance romance romance!

Shells, we're freezing here too!! Brrr!!!

We got about 1/4" of ice last night. EVERYTHING is covered. Our 65lb puppy escaped from the front door this morning. He went running across the yard, and the sound of the ice breaking on top of the snow scared the heck out of him! Hubby had to go pick him up and carry him back into the house, slipping and sliding the whole way.

I was down .2lbs today. Yay! Any loss is still a loss!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #461  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Krampus - Welcome back!

Shells - Thanks! It's a chilly day..perfect for relaxing in the warm house!

Stacy - They don't bother me every time I run. They used to though! What I would do, is start out slow, do what you can and when they hurt, rest them! Eventually you will build up and they won't hurt. At least that's how it worked for me. I haven't really had a problem with them lately (knock on wood!).

RMC - That stinks you can't go on your trip, but you're right you can get a smaller outfit! Might make the trip even better! Where are you going? Great work on the C25k yesterday!

Gaining - A positive attitude does help! Have a great day!

Diana Woo hoo! 1 more pound!!!!!!!!

Vixsin - Whooooosh is right! Yay for 1.6!!!! ANOTHER 30 minute run, girl - you're on fire!!!!!

Pint - Yay for the loss!!!

Down 0.6 this morning to 151.2! 24 pounds lost! I WANT....MUST see 149.x SOOOOON!!!!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 01-11-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #462  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
Our 65lb puppy escaped from the front door this morning. He went running across the yard, and the sound of the ice breaking on top of the snow scared the heck out of him! Hubby had to go pick him up and carry him back into the house, slipping and sliding the whole way. !
That will teach him to escape!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #463  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Lindsey--Sadly, not so warm. Our poor furnace is overworked. It's been running non stop and can't get our house to get over 65 (and that's where the thermostat is...other rooms are colder). We have a very drafty place. The kids and I are wearing layers and staying away from the windows. Sounds like a good soup and hot chocolate kinda of day.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #464  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Pint: what a rotten day shopping you had. I am laughing at the thought of your puppy escaping and getting scared by the ice. It reminds me when my beagle got out and then realized it was so cold and she wanted back in but couldnt get back in because of her shock collar. She waited by the fence for someone to take her back in!

Lindsey: Thanks, my first day back went good although I am still sick. Got my classes situated and finished my first week of school for my one online class. Oh, I found some of that mousse that you were telling me about but haven't felt up to trying it yet. Congrats on running two miles! That is awesome

Eurydice: Congrats on finding ways to avoid eating when you aren't hungry!

Diana: Fall is my favorite season as well

Stacy: I think the tattoo idea is neat but no ideas here. I do like the idea of the willpwoer symbol. That is cool

Vixsin: As always your attitude amazes me and inspires me. Congrats on the woosh

Gaining: Congrats for the loss!! That is awesome!! It is nice of you to let the kid be there. I was also someone that was afraid to spend much time at home as a kid. I can't imagine the amount of plans I ruined because I had no where else to go other than a friends house because it wasn't safe at my house.

Lady: My dogs revolt if I try to take them out in the cold weather! lol What type of dog do you have? I have beagles

Shells: I am so glad you are all ok!! Scary with the cracked axle on the van! Our house is the same way as yours. It says 70 but I know that its only one room like that. My bathroom! The twins have taken to sleeping in my bathroom at night because its warmer than the rest of the house! Lol, it is weird to wake at night to go potty and stumble over sleeping kidlets!

Wednesday: That photo of the giraffe is beautiful

Kris: nice to see you!!

Rita: Great job on starting C25K

Krampus: Did you have a good vacation?

Still sick here. Yesterday I had two pieces of pizza and a cup of blueberries. I was hoping I would be well enough to go back to aqua zumba today but am not. Am going back to bed.

School went well yesterday. Have today off and am going back to bed. Meals have been sooo offkilter. I haven't cooked hardly at all. The kids are fending for themselves. Yesterday I bought pizza for them and then went to bed. The only reason I ate was because my oldest brought me some! lol

Ok going to head back to bed.

Roxanne
Old 01-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #465  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Lindsey--Sadly, not so warm. Our poor furnace is overworked. It's been running non stop and can't get our house to get over 65 (and that's where the thermostat is...other rooms are colder). We have a very drafty place. The kids and I are wearing layers and staying away from the windows. Sounds like a good soup and hot chocolate kinda of day.
Yikes! I definitely say bring on the warm soups and hot chocolate!!!!
Closed Thread