Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Holy resolution rush! Just got back from the gym. It was so busy! I thought last week was bad I think people took a week to finally make the commitment LOL!

35 minutes on the stair master working in Zones 1 and 2 (I love zone training) then 30 minutes of strength training working chest and triceps. Great workout! Burned 576 calories according to my watch.

Eating has been good today so far a total of 1073 calories.
B – English muffin w/peanut butter
L-Turkey sandwich w/ provolone
D-Tacos
72oz of water so far

Lindsey – A 5k would be a great goal. I would love to run something like that but can’t too many knee surgeries. Can I live vicariously through you? LOL Thanks for the recipes. Yummy!

Diana – Thanks for keeping us on track and going every morning with your smiling face. You have made amazing progress.

Debbie – I would love to hear more about you and your mentor. You can e-mail me if you want, [email protected]. We all struggle I think it is the nature of women LOL!

Stacy – A tattoo? That would be perfect and a perfect reminder. I love kanji symbols maybe something that stands for success or strength?
Vixsin – I love both Bob and Jillian. I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred yesterday and I definitely feel it in my abs today. Keep switching it up it is working for you.

Gaining – 5.2 lbs WOW that is great! Sound like you are making great progress on the elliptical.

Tina – Glad you had a nice day with hubby. Ya I think scales are the devil anyway. Why are we so drawn to them. LOL! I refuse to let it get me down.

Shells – I am so glad you are all safe, what a nightmare. Now you can get a taste small family chores right LOL! Good plan to eat before a party. Stay strong!

Wednesdaymorning – Very cool picture! Nice job on tracking so well. I feel the same about eating so much but my experience tells me that the saying “you have to eat to lose” is so true for me. The closer I get to the calories I am supposed to eat the easier I lose and the better I feel.

Have a great night all!

I love this group! The support ROCKS!!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachaelfoy View Post
Holy resolution rush! Just got back from the gym. It was so busy! I thought last week was bad I think people took a week to finally make the commitment LOL!

35 minutes on the stair master working in Zones 1 and 2 (I love zone training) then 30 minutes of strength training working chest and triceps. Great workout! Burned 576 calories according to my watch.

Eating has been good today so far a total of 1073 calories.
B – English muffin w/peanut butter
L-Turkey sandwich w/ provolone
D-Tacos
72oz of water so far

Lindsey – A 5k would be a great goal. I would love to run something like that but can’t too many knee surgeries. Can I live vicariously through you? LOL Thanks for the recipes. Yummy!

I love this group! The support ROCKS!!!!
WOW! Great work out!!!
Yes you sure can!
I love this group too!!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #438  
At it again

Wednesdaymorning, that is a really beautiful picture. I love B&W photography.

Lindsey, that chicken dish looks yummy. I am on the lookout for new menu ideas. I'm trying to eat carb-lite, so if anyone has some favorites, I'd love to hear them.

Finished Week 1, Day 1 of C25K. I didn't think to note the calories burned or distance - I'll have to remember that tomorrow. My community has a 5K each spring and I'd LOVE to be able to participate. I wouldn't even care if I was the last to cross the finish line; just being able to do it would be great.

So, I'm thinking of investing in an eliptical machine, since I don't really have access to a gym at the moment. And by "invest" I mean not too much money and not too big - I'd love to put it in the bedroom, rather than the basement. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc9142 View Post
So, I'm thinking of investing in an eliptical machine, since I don't really have access to a gym at the moment. And by "invest" I mean not too much money and not too big - I'd love to put it in the bedroom, rather than the basement. Does anyone have any recommendations?
I found a site I really like that might help - www.top-elliptical-machine-reviews.com. It is pretty informative on many different models. Good Luck!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #440  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post
I NEVER thought I'd admit this, but I think I actually LIKE running!
I love that, Linds!!! You're doing so great!

A big congrats to all of the new C25K starters. It's great!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #441  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc9142 View Post
Wednesdaymorning, that is a really beautiful picture. I love B&W photography.

Lindsey, that chicken dish looks yummy. I am on the lookout for new menu ideas. I'm trying to eat carb-lite, so if anyone has some favorites, I'd love to hear them.

Finished Week 1, Day 1 of C25K. I didn't think to note the calories burned or distance - I'll have to remember that tomorrow. My community has a 5K each spring and I'd LOVE to be able to participate. I wouldn't even care if I was the last to cross the finish line; just being able to do it would be great.
I'm not sure if these would be considered carb-lite but they might be worth a try...
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...10000001895912 (AWESOME!)
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...10000001896093 (AWESOME as well!)
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...10000001896128 (Extremely filling!)
http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/reci...ing-for-2.aspx (AWESOME!)
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...10000001896059 (Making this tomorrow! )

Some of those you might be able to tweak to make lower carb, like the flatbread, maybe low carb ones?

for C25k week 1, day 1! I say go for it, run that 5k!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #442  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
I love that, Linds!!! You're doing so great!

Thank you!!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

I've done more than fine today, calorie-wise. I'm at about maybe 900 consumed at this point, probably less, and I burned at least 350 at the gym. I've actually got some catching-up to do if I want to meet my minimum calorie goal, lol. Best problem to have, I'd say.

I'm upset I couldn't run more than half a mile today--my shins are bothering me again. I want so much to run long distances, but I always get these awful shin splints. They're less intense now that I've gotten a pair of decent running shoes, but still a problem now and then. I didn't have this problem when I was 130 lbs so I think my weight might have something to do with it, too. *sigh* Still, as long as I take it slowly and listen to my body, I should be able to get back on track with my running.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #444  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurydice View Post
I'm upset I couldn't run more than half a mile today--my shins are bothering me again. I want so much to run long distances, but I always get these awful shin splints. They're less intense now that I've gotten a pair of decent running shoes, but still a problem now and then. I didn't have this problem when I was 130 lbs so I think my weight might have something to do with it, too. *sigh* Still, as long as I take it slowly and listen to my body, I should be able to get back on track with my running.
I have shin splints too! I used to run cross country in high school and apparently developed them then. They are awful! My advice is take it easy when they are bothering you. Do what you can and like you said, listen to your body! Mine have gotten better since I've lost weight. But occasionally they still hurt.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #445  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I caught up on my calories with 1/2 of another sandwich made the same way as the first and a Cherry Pepsi. My first non-diet pop in several months, and the second carbonated beverage (first being champagne on new years) in a while.

Total calories are 1352.

My legs, back and abs are already just baaarely beginning to ache from the Biggest Loser workout I did earlier. My arms are still weak-feeling. I mean, geez... it didn't LOOK that diffcult!

We are getting iced tonight! I went outside around 10 and there was already 1/8" of ice on top of the snow. Hubby had about 1/2" built up on his bumper. I'm hoping we don't lose power tonight, though school and hubby's work place have canceled already.

Also, Eurydice, I have shinsplints as well. They gave me **** when I was heavier and playing softball. At one point I had to be benched and see a doctor because walking was very painful. Doc said I nearly ruptured them. So much for "pushing past the pain" hehehe. The doc had me ice them after any physical activity involving my legs, literally rub bare ice cubes where the tendon meets the bone, for at least 5 minutes, and keep them elevated for 30 min or so after workouts. It helped a lot. They got better for me when I lost weight too, though I still struggle with them occasionally if I'm putting a lot of stress on them. I'm positive they'll get even better once I lose more weight. Good luck, and do take it easy!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 01-10-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #446  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 1 of being "officially back on plan" after vacation.

Breakfast: plain yogurt (89), tea

Lunch: veggies in peanut sauce (350), melon (70), 6 Pineapple Lumps (100)

Snack: mandarin orange (40)

Dinner: salmon (150), pasta (300), veggie medley (80), 1/2 slice bread with peanut butter (250)

Exercise: 30 min Tae Bo, 105 pushups, squats, bird dogs, planks, 40 min walking

Total calories: about 1430
Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #447  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great day!

Krampus Welcome back! I hope you had a great vacation.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 AM   #448  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Thanks Diana! I did, and now I have a great amount of work to do to reverse the damage.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #449  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Thanks Diana! I did, and now I have a great amount of work to do to reverse the damage.
Oops! Enjoyed a little too much. Hey, that happens. At least you have the foundation and knowledge to take care of it. Get right back on track.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #450  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Happy Tuesday!

I'm still a pound and a half up. I was tempted to feel down about it, but nope! I'm exercising and staying in my calories, so it's all good. I'm going to preach at myself today and reeeeeelax.

Diana--Good Morning!

Krampus--It's so nice to see you again! How was your trip?

Pint--Great work out! Stay safe in all that ice. (yuck!) And that was so scary to hear about your car. Yikes!

Eurydice--I like having that problem too. I'm sorry about the shin splints. I struggle with that, too.

rmc9142--Glad you're joining us in the C25k!

Rachaelfoy--Love that 500+ calorie burn. Awesome job!

Lindsey--That's amazing! Great job on the two miles!

Hi MamaP!

wednesdaymorning--You take wonderful pictures! Awesome! The ravioli was a Lean Cuisine frozen dinner. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but it was really really good and only 280 calories.

Let's make today a healthy, OP day! Let's drink that water, burn those calories and eat sensibly.

Last edited by shellsbrood; 01-11-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread