Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana - Thank you! And congrats on passing your goal weight! AMAZING!

CLV, Neb & Echo - Hi!

Pink - Congrats!!!

Shells - Glad you're feeling better!!! You were out for quite a while, glad you're back!

Roxanne - No worries, it's a new day, new week! Hope you're leg is feeling better!

Vixsin - Congrats on the NSV this weekend! Awesome!!!

Anajjana - Hi! Sounds like a good plan this week!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I had decided I wouldn't weigh myself but once per week...well I thought geez, I worked hard this weekend, ate lots of fruits & veggies..stayed on plan..I'll weigh myself this morning even though it's not my weekly weigh in til Wednesday. Seriously, 162.2#! This plateau is p*ssing me off! But, I read some info about plateaus, quite interesting really.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ing-ideas.html
Kelly_S posted some helpful, interesting info. So, I feel a little less p*ssed, it's still frustrating though! I guess I'm just getting too anxious to see 150-something! I haven't seen anything in the 150's since probably 2007..?

My hubby started insanity! I think this eating healthy and working out is rubbing off on him, which makes me very happy! He doesn't need to lose weigh by any means, he's a rail. But, I just want him to be healthy and in shape. He said that video (insanity) was harder than all his years of PT in the military! lol I've never seen him so pooped! I'm proud of him!

Ok, enough gabbing, here's my plan for today ladies...

B- Fiber One honey clusters w/ milk & banana cut up in it..yum! 320

S- 1/2 c. low-fat cottage cheese 90

L- Spicy spy patty w/bun, light mayo. Baby carrots & applesauce 430

S- mini bag of popcorn 100

D- Chicken Caesar salad 260

S- Chocolate mousse & 1/4 c. dried cherries 200

Total 1400

~80 oz of water

Exercise: Walking (~1.2 miles) 20 mins, Jillian Michaels 30DS 20 mins

Oh btw, that Fiber One cereal is pretty good...awesome w/ the banana! 16g fiber (including banana)!! I'm trying to be more conscious of eating higher fiber foods, more fruits, veggies & protein!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 11-08-2010 at 03:48 PM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #227  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone! I hope you all had good weekends. Mine was too short as usual.

Welcome to the group CLV, Neb & Echo. Glad to have you join us!

Diana!!!!! Great job making it to and past your goal weight, thats awesome!

Here is my plan for the day Mon 11/8/2010

B - Homemade "Green" Smoothie - Almond milk, banan, strawberries and spirilina + 1 small whole wheat bun w/ natural peanut butter

S - Cucumber and carrot sticks w/ hummus

L - Veggie Stir-Fry about 1 1/2 cups worth

S - Handful or tortilla chips and salsa

D - Stir-fry w/ marinated tempeh, kale, snow peas, soba noodles and a tahini sauce.

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water

Exercise: 30min brisk walk with the dog

Have a happy, healthy and OP day

Last edited by L R K; 11-08-2010 at 12:54 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #228  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Lauren Hi! Thanks. I agree about the weekend being too short. I think you and I need to figure out a way to retire.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #229  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Lauren Hi! Thanks. I agree about the weekend being too short. I think you and I need to figure out a way to retire.
HaHa! If only ...
Old 11-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #230  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

thanks so much for the very warm welcome LittleLindseyLouHoo and LaurenA

i'm about to go and workout. being accountable is really working for me today
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #231  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Echo Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary for joining 3FC's. I remember I joined the check-in with you, Sunni, & Jen. Everyone made me feel very welcomed.

I went back to find my original post. Here it is: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3009708-post431.html

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-08-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #232  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon! Today has been on plan so far. I've had vitamins, choco-calcium ball (25 calories), breakfast and lunch.

B - 2 T natural pb & 1T organic strawberry preserves sandwich "grilled" in a non-stick skillet w/o oil or butter, 2 egg whites - 390 calories

L - 1 cup of tuna mixed with a lot of celery, 1 baby carrot shredded, garlic powder, powdered mustard and dill on 2 red lettuce leaves - approx. 180 calories

D - 4 oz. grilled turkey cutlet, 1 c. steamed broccoli, 1/3 c. cous cous - 541 calories. (I don't care for cous cous, so eating that 1/3 c. may or may not happen... I may sub something else...)

Total is approx. 1136 calories. That leaves a little room for a snack if I want one. (I have to leave a little wiggle room ) (edit: Added a Fiber One bar for 130 calories)

Diana, Echo - Aww!! How awesome for you two! I'm looking forward to my 1 year anniversary. I hope to look back and say, "Dang I'm glad I did this!" LOL

Lindsey - They guys who are deployed do P90X and insanity while they're over there. My husband said Insanity is aptly named! I'm watching fiber too. I've made that one of my "nutrient" goals on fitday, so now it logs fiber and highlights it if I get too little. (edit: after checking my own plan for the day, I was just over halfway to my goal! I worked a fiber one bar in, 130 calories, and got my fiber AND my calories where they needed to be!)

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 11-08-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #233  

Echo - You're VERY welcome! Glad you're here. Sounds like you have a GREAT plan!

Pint - The hubby was luckily never deployed (a canceled deployment before his DOS)...but I've heard that. I know some people in his shop did P90X, he did too, but it's been forever! He and I both did SOME P90X for a while, it's definitely hard. Insanity looked harder...I just watched! I'll have to check that out on my fitday, I didn't know you could do nutrient goals! Good to know. I think I calculated about 30g of fiber today, which I think is a new high for me! How are those Fiber One bars?? Tasty? Btw, your pb & jam grilled sandwich for breakfast sounds amazing!!

Oh snap! Jillian Micheals DVDs have arrived!!!!!!!! Today I'm starting 30DS! Let's see if I can kick this plateau's a$$! lol

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 11-08-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #234  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post
Oh snap! Jillian Micheals DVDs have arrived!!!!!!!! Today I'm starting 30DS! Let's see if I can kick this plateau's a$$! lol
HaHaHaHaHaHa! Oh snap!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #235  

Hello friends,

Still getting back in the habit of daily posting since being away for two weeks. Yesterday was an off eating day because I didn't plan (won't bother posting the details, but basically, too many calories, too many carbs, not enough veggies), but on track today. I haven't worked out really in the five days I've been back from vacation (bad) because I had this niggling pain in my back (I think from sleeping in a weird position for hours on the airplane) but yay, it's gone today. Planning on taking an hour long brisk walk with my SO - did I mention it's great to be back with him after being away on my trip?

Now that I'm settling back in, I'm thinking about goals. We're 7 weeks from Christmas, and in that time I want to run a 5k (got a turkey trot picked out on thanksgiving day) and I want to be at 194 by Christmas. That's about 1/2 pound loss a week. Things should be calmed down at work, and I don't have any other big trips or things planned, so hoping I can settle into a routine of slow and steady losing.

Okay, time to catch up on personals:

Lauren - you made it to the 180s while I was gone! WTG!

Lindsey - hope you enjoy 30DS. I have the video, I've never done it daily but I have done it quite a few times since it's a great way to get cardio in when I don't have a lot of time.

Diana - happy anniversary! You've come so far in a year!

Pint - congrats on staying on plan!

CLV, Neb and Echo - welcome to the thread! happy to have you!

Echo, your plan sounds solid. I try to space out carbs, also, and balance them with protein. It's so easy in the name of lower fat and calories to OD on carbs whcih makes the blood sugar and metabolism all wonky. I love your idea of not sitting for more than 1/2 hour - I try to always get up from my desk to refill my water glass - it's a reason to get up and walk, and also a way to ensure I'm getting enough liquid.

Vixsin - congrats on NSV! woot woot! I had no idea BK salad had that much sugar...geez...! Hope you can catch up on some sleep.

Roxanne - hope the doctor's visit went well.

Shells - hope you keep on feeling better!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #236  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Hi hope everyone's having a great monday (ugh). Way to GO Diana!!
Lindsey, you are zen you can defeat the plateau. you know I'm thinking about you girl!
Roxanne, good job getting back on plan. It's always so frustrating when the universe throws these obstacles in front of us. As if weight loss wasn't hard enough already!
As for me, I'm typing this on my phone on the way to class, so I apologize if anything comes out wonky. Good day so far, the scale is still moving in the right direction.
Breakfast- sf jello boston cream pie (in love with this), teriyaki beef jerky, pomegranate
Lunch- cheese quesadilla with pico de gallo
Dinner- cheeseburger and fries not even a splurge, I'm still under calories!
I'll add exact calorie counts when I get home.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #237  

Lauren - Yes, oh snap! I was excited to get those DVDs and for Jillian to whip me into shape!

Blueridge - Thanks! So far I really like the video..first workout today! Sounds like you have awesome goals just in time for Christmas!

Munchie - Thanks girl! I just finished Day one, Level one of 30DS! It's harder than I thought. I have NEVER in my whole life been able to do a push up, so hopefully after this I can. I struggled with those. I really tried to focus on my form more than reps, but I kept up pretty good! Umm..and please share with us...what is this boston creme pie jello?! Omg, and a quesadilla w/pico! I'm jealous! I need to get some darn tortillas, I want quesadillas! lol AND 6.5# lost?! Holy crap sister! Awesome!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!

Just ordered a new scale! My scale is seriously annoying when I step on it's all over the place. The reviews on this one are awesome! It's really accurate so woo hoo!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 11-08-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #238  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Echo Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary for joining 3FC's. I remember I joined the check-in with you, Sunni, & Jen. Everyone made me feel very welcomed.

I went back to find my original post. Here it is: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3009708-post431.html
OMG that is so spooky Diana! hehehe

yah i totally remember when you first joined in! awww so happy to see you succeeding in your weight loss, i am so proud of you!!!! you are an inspiration and really great you kept it going!

cool - at finding your first post, i went to read it you TOTALLY did it !!!

===========
Thanks Pint Sized terror (lol love your nickname!!)

yeh you can totally do it!

i once heard a quote that said something like " a year from today, you wished you would have started today".

Thanks LittleLindseyLouHoo !!

blueridgegirl -thanks for the warm welcome
good luck with your plan, it sounds like a great idea to use xmas as a goal date! - thanks so much for your encouraging words regarding my plan
getting up to get water, is a great idea!

munchievictim - impressed by your ability to multi-task, walking and typing and on the phone too!

---

just finished working out whilst watching biggest loser hehe

JM dvds are GREAT! i love Jillian Michaels

hello to everyone else i missed!

Last edited by Echo; 11-08-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #239  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Hi, Echo! Welcome back! Thanks for sharing your info from the podcast. I'll definitely be using some of that.

Lindsey--Ugh, I'm ticked off for you! Stupid plateau. I know you can totally kick its butt!! And thanks for the welcome back. I'm trying to eat more fiber too. This losing weight thing has made me a bit...irregular.

Munchie--Heh, my dh always emails me from his phone and some of the predictive text things have me

Blue--I've been pondering a 5k, too. Obviously, not now, but definitely in the future.

Pint--Great job staying OP today. Your menu looks awesome! We had couscous too, but I love that stuff.

Lauren--I've always wanted to try a green smoothie. What is spirilina?

Welcome, Jana! I love your picture, btw...so beautiful!

Roxan--How was your doctor's appt? I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Vixsin--That sleep deprivation is a bear, but way to go staying OP for a whole week! You are my new hero!!

Pink--3.3 lbs, WOW!!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #240  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Goodness, I don't know what was up today, but I was ravenous! I tried eating things that I thought would hold me for a while (banana, hummus, chicken, whole grains), but my stomach would be growling like crazy an hour or two after.

Today's Info:

Weight: 1lb down
Exercise: 80 minutes cardio

Breakfast: 1 cup Special K red berries cereal. 1/2 cup light soy milk. Peppermint tea.
Snack: Quakes Sweet Chili, banana
Lunch: 1/2 can tomato soup, 1 slice whole grain bread, 1 tsp butter, coffee w/ cream
Snack: Pretzel sticks and roasted red pepper hummus
Dinner: Spinach Chicken w/ mozzarella, brown rice couscous

Calories: 1,217
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote