Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #136  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Just got done with my Biggest Loser workout and OH MY. There are parts of me burning that I haven't felt in months. Halfway through, my legs were shaking so bad that I was sure they were going to give out from under me. I did the easiest one, where you warm up, do "low-intensity" (har har) cardio and then cool down, and I still had to stop at certain points and go back to the basic step. This is the first time I've really worked out other than a few jogging/walking expeditions since i started my journey this time around, and whoooo it kicked my rear.
But I feel AMAZING! already! I'm sweaty and exhausted and I can barely stand up but I feel great. I'm so much happier about my day now. I feel happy and accomplished, and I plan to do that tape every other day at least.
Just wanted to share how enjoyable my workout was
Lindsey--I could DEFINITELY use a buddy. If you'll pm me (I'm still kind of confused by the site) we can swap numbers
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #137  

Munchie....I'll have to check those out when I'm able to control the back pain issues, sounds phenom.

I've been doing pretty great. Dissappointed that there wasn't a loss this morning but I think I'll have to get better control and not weigh every morning.
I've been doing pretty well and keeping on track of how I want to eat. My water has been harder than I thought, mainly because when I'm on the go I forget to take a bottle water.
Today I think I'm going through some withdrawals from the sugars. I have an extremely bad headache (almost a migraine) My tummy has been telling me how hungry it is but I've been in control!
Hope everyone has had a great day!
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #138  
Don't turn back.

ninacali- It's a really great dvd. he keeps your heart rate up the whole time. you do squats, lunges, kicks, punches, and everything inbetween. And you don't need anything but the dvd. You can customize a work-out, or they have work-outs already built that they suggest for you in a certain order, for a certain amount of time. Definitely worth checking out! I found mine on amazon
and I hope you feel better! back injuries are the very worst!

Last edited by munchievictim; 11-04-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #139  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! Are you ready for the weekend?

totsandfries Hi and Welcome!

Total Approx 1285 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (220 Calories)
2 Oiko's Greek Yogurts 220 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Roast beef 300 calories
Turnip Greens 100 calories
Cabbage 100 calories
Green Beans 100 calories
Broccoli 100 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 25
Cardio & Core Dance Blast w/Fitstix
Upper Body Exercises w/dynaband
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Lindsey: Congrats on the scale going down

Lauren: I feel you for T.O.M. Mine is soo errattic and basically spot all month. It's super aggravating. Your dress is beautiful and I think its the best one of all the ones you had pictures of

Carolyn: I so know what you mean! I HATE scales! I started weighing at the Y only because they had ACCURATE scales.

Stacy: Woot!!! congrats!!! Lol, I have to laugh because I weigh myself after my workout (cause I only weigh at the Y and am usually running late for my classes) but I don't want to know if I am heavier before. I'll take that number! lol.

Tots: Jump right in and welcome! I exercise at the Y as well. Watched a bit of those boot camps, they are intense! I do water aerobics.

Munchie: We all have times like that where our eating is just bad! But at least you started again. Good for you!

Vixsin: Congrats on the new low

Well, today wasn't a frantic run, run, run day. It was easy paced but a vindicating one. Had a good day. My eating is on track. I feel GOOD about myself today. Finally made an appointment with my doctor. I'm going to talk to her about my blood pressure. I keep forgetting it. Also want to talk to her about the fact I have been spotting for about a year straight. It gets OLD! PLUS she is the doctor that I talked to when I started losing weight and I want her to know that I have been doing it. I usually just see the PAs.

I ate a little less for lunch, still waiting on dinner and am STARVING. Going to try and make free swim at the Y tonight if I can.

Great day!

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm heading out of town for 4 days with my whole family (sibs, nieces and nephews , etc) Food will be healthy, I'll keep the wine under control, stick with my morning walks, and hopefully get a few good hikes in. I'm bringing veggies, and cereal and some of my staple foods, and will mostly just have fun and not make it about the food (except I'm supposed to make pie.)
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Roxanne!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 134/127/99

Height: 5'0

Today rained all day ugh so I haven't done my 3 mile walk... its supposed to rain tomorrow also I did about 12 minutes of intense cardio so I don't feel completely down from lack of exercise.
How I did today:

Breakfast (394)
1 oz natural pB 200
apple 130
crispbread w/ 1 tsp cream cheese + 1 tsp apple butter 64

Snack (55)
3 pecans 30
1/2 cup tomato soup 25

Lunch (403)
omelet 160
2 chicken flatbreads 143
1/2 banana 50
1 cup v8 veg juice 50

Snack (140)
apple + cinnamon 140

Dinner (195)
1/2 cup kidney beans 140
1/4 cup buckwheat 40
1/3 cup green beans 15

Snack (100)
5 pecans 50
1/2 cup apple sauce 50
Total = 1287

I am afraid I will not lose anything this week. I am short so I keep thinking maybe 1300 is too high to lose weight for me. My weigh-in is Monday 11/8. Its so hard for me because when I don't lose weight I always binge and become depressed over it. I hope I can stop doing that. Its just so frustrating to work so hard eating well counting everything and exercising to the point of pure exhaustion and being sore..
Pinkstar104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Pink - I think 1300 is pretty good for your height/weight. Losing takes time, you don't want to go too low that you end up binging or becoming unhealthy. I just raised my calories up from 1200 to 1400-1500 per day and exercising more. I think that will help. 1200 was on the low end and hard to not go over some days. I was reading a couple nights ago that 1200 is pretty much as low as you can go to be reasonable to be losing weight in a healthy way. Anything under that is not good, and anything under 1000 is just down right dangerous! If you need a buddy to chat with if you're feeling down because of no movement on the scale, let me know! The more the merrier I say! Just stick with it, you'll see the scale move. But, I TOTALLY hear ya, it's hard to stay focused and positive when you're busting your butt and staying on plan and seeing no movement on the scale. I would HIGHLY recommend measuring yourself, if you're not already. I find that helpful if I'm seeing no change on the scale, I at least lost an inch here and there! So, I know it's working!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 11-04-2010 at 09:53 PM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

My calories are under 850 today! Part of me wants to say woohoo! I got really low calories but I know its unhealthy. I guess I can sneak a dessert in. If my son didn't eat all the whipped topping, I've got some awesome flavors of jello but they aren't sugar free so this would be a good night for one!

I'm debating on doing schoolwork, reading a book or going to bed early. Lol, choices, choices

Tomorrow:
B: Special K Bar

L: chicken thigh, 1/2c rice, 1 c green beans

D: chicken paprika, 1 c noodles with paprika sauce (tomatoes and no fat greek yogurt flavored with spices), 1c green beans

Total calories: 895

Exercise: 2 hours light swimming with family at pool. Not going to be a huge workout but will be getting out, getting moving and having fun with the kids!

Total calories burned: 800

I have been promising the kids I would take them swimming but never got around to it, too busy, I am looking forward to it!

I think going to bed early is the winner! lol

Night all,
Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #146  
Don't turn back.

Yay for a day under calories. Now it's time to restrict my calories for tomorrow. Here's what I'm planning on eating:
maple and brown sugar oatmeal with a splash of milk-170 (I made a bowl this morning and didn't eat any of it so I'm going to reheat that for breakfast, which I'm going to FORCE myself to eat even though I'm terrible at eating breakfast)
Baked potato- 210
cereal- 250
orange- 50
tuna salad with pickles and light mayo- 150
Barbeque chicken thighs- 250
baked potato- 210
caesar salad- 100
white wine- 300
total: 1390

My boyfriend went grocery shopping this last time so I didn't get to pick out a bunch of "good" snacks, so I'm kind of having to wing it. However, since I'm calorie counting, as long as I'm under my limit you'll hear no complaints from me.
Good thoughts to everyone stay strong.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

This time I'm seriously late with the check-in...and it's not going to be a good one either .

B - blueberries, raspberries and non-fat yogurt
L - (lunch out with friend) 3 slices of veggie pizza and a shared salad with pine nuts and craisins, diet coke for drink
S - Starbucks Latte and a piece of reduced-fat banana cake (I'm seriously glad there is no Starbucks anywhere near where I live at home!)
D - (dinner at a friends house) homemade veggie soup, roasted veggies with plank salmon, watermelon-blackberry soup for dessert plus 2 glasses of red wine
S - frozen grapes for a movie snack

Workout: 35 mins on the elliptical, strength exercises
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:50 AM   #148  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Check in is late for me too!

I actually struggled to get my calories in today since nothing sounded good or tasted good. (plugged sinuses)

I got my hair trimmed up and looking nice. The place I get it cut at offers free drinks and snacks (it's a spa that also does hair) but I stuck with water and the veggie tray. Had 2 small slices of pizza (both slices wouldn't have equaled 1 regular slice) and a huge salad. All in all I had just over 1300 calories.

Didn't get in any exercise other than 20 minutes of brisk walking with the stroller. I DID find my ankle brace (my good one!!) so I'm going to try running again tomorrow, rain or shine. There's a nice track about a mile and a half from the house. I figure a walk there would be a great warm up, followed by some walking/jogging around the track, and then a walk home to cool down.

I'm having trouble sleeping at night. I think a lot of it is sinus issues. My head just hurts. Problem is, when I take decongestants they totally wipe me out and I'm tired way into the next day. I might just bite the bullet and take them.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #149  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #150  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkstar104 View Post
I am afraid I will not lose anything this week. I am short so I keep thinking maybe 1300 is too high to lose weight for me. My weigh-in is Monday 11/8. Its so hard for me because when I don't lose weight I always binge and become depressed over it. I hope I can stop doing that. Its just so frustrating to work so hard eating well counting everything and exercising to the point of pure exhaustion and being sore..
Pink It may take time to figure out a happy medium with calories. Everything takes time. Normally, if your muscles are sore, they will be holding on to water for repair. It's just a process that takes place. Again time and patience. Make sure you stretch well after your workout and drink plenty of water.