Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Pinkstar/Anajjana- I am hoping slower is better, too. I think the faster I lose weight the faster I gain it back. Although losing weight motivates me to stay on my diets… we have to find a balance. I certainly need this to be a life change and don’t want to gain ANY back!

Roxanne- Isn’t it fun when we people notice our weight loss!

I think it is unanimous and we all love Kashi Go Lean. My doctor told me to eliminate pasta, rice, potatoes, bread and sugar. Do you think I can add Kashi Go Lean for breakfast? I had just taken it away b/c of the carbs?

Vixsin- I love True Blood, too. But I watch it when it gets to Netflix!

Todays Menu:
Lunch- Salad with roast turkey, tomatoes, cashews, craisins.

Dinner- Morningstar chicken patty, brocolli and navy beans.

I am skipping breakfast today as I am just hanging out at home and I have been sitting at 220 for about 6 days. Thought I would try to shake up my body with that little change. Tonight I go workout so I should be refueled from lunch.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning all~
I finally went out with SO last night, had dinner at red lobster and had one Mai Tai. Wow those calories were HIGH.

Woke up late this morning and had both my sons to deal with. After a huge mother has had enough argument with them, I am ready to start the day. sigh

I don't know what I am eating today. I need to go grocery shopping as well but it is going to have to wait till Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll see you later on today.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Diana - Congrats on the new low!!!

Krampus - Awesome job with sticking to your plan & your shopping! I love sale stuff, can't resist!

Princess - Glad you had an awesome day yesterday!

Belinda - I just noticed your ticker, 99 pounds GREAT WORK!!!!

Well ladies, today's my official WI for the week...definitely a bummer.

163.0# SAME as yesterday. (Today marks 6 weeks since I began)
Who in the **** goes for a 5.2 mile walk, stays on plan and loses NOTHING!?!!!???? ME!

I even measured myself, a 1/2" here, nothing major, a lot of it was the same as last week! I'm feeling super discouraged this morning! I guess it bothers me that I've stayed on plan other than Saturday and didn't veer too far off and exercised and have seen little progress this week! I haven't been feeling so hot lately, maybe that has a little something to do with it, haven't been "regular" and my tummy actually hurts/feel tender to the touch...*sigh*

This week I'm going to go up to 1400 calories/day and exercise more, we'll see if that produces results!

Sorry for the ranting!! Just very frustrated!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day, I'll be back later!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 11-03-2010 at 11:32 AM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #94  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda0509 View Post
Mama P - Looks like you are following an interesting diet with the protein shakes. Are you losing weight quickly? That would be sooo motivating.
I usually eat a much more normal (somewhat low carb) diet. I almost always have a protein shake for breakfast - just because it's easy for me. The last few days I've not really been in the mood for food and I know I have to have something so that's why so many protein shakes. I'm also trying to flush out some water weight from an absolute carb-overloaded weekend. I'm also trying to use up my sliced roast beef (which I love anyway) before I go out of town this weekend because it will just spoil if I don't. I'm sure I will have some bounce back once I go back to my normal eating. No, I'm not losing weight quickly - slow and steady wins the race. I've lost about 46 lbs since February 25.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #95  

Here's the plan for today:

Breakfast (410)
Strawberry oatmeal w/milk, 1 turkey sausage link, egg w/cheese, whole wheat toast w/jam

Lunch (380)
Sandwich (2 slices deli chicken, 1 slice muenster cheese, mustard, 2 slices whole wheat bread)
1 c. Progresso beef vegetable soup

Dinner (610)
Hubby took me to Chili's!
Caribbean Salad w/ chicken -

Not gonna lie, I did eat three tiny bites (like I "shaved" off a piece tiny!) of the hubby's dessert. I'm going to guess 100 calories.

1500 calories
Although I went 100 over, I still feel ok with this number.

64 oz water

Exercise (60 minutes) - 25 minute brisk walk, 20 minutes of Pilates, 15 minutes elliptical

Last edited by LindseyLou; 11-03-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #96  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

diana, congrats on the new low!! and i feel ya on the sodium! =)
lindsey, i hope your foot is doing better it looked really painful! and i feel ya about weighing in with no budge when you have done everything right. that's one of the reasons im weighing in monthly now, just stick with it and it has no choice but to come off! =)
Everyone seems to be doing well from the little i could read, have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
nicolewoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #97  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Congrats Diana! Way to go!

Vixin, I'm glad you found the abscess. Those things can be very dangerous! I'm also SUPER glad they gave you something for the pain! Get well soon!

Last night ended on a terrible, but lesson-teaching note. I made oven-fried skinless chicken, steamed veggies and couscous for dinner and had some of all of it. At that point I'd had around 1300 calories for the day. 8pm rolls around and hubby's sitting there on a pizza website. -_- I refused to go pick it up for him. He couldn't go because, well, unfortunately he was a 6-pack in. I thought the situation was averted because it's very rare for someone off base to deliver on. Well, tonight he got lucky. He ordered a large pizza from someplace that was the size of our stovetop. NOT. JOKING. The slices about 6 inches wide at the crust, and it was covered in olives, pepperoni, cheese, onions and sausage. I ate some. Thing is, I don't even LIKE pizza. In fact, I hate olives, pepperoni and sausage, as well as greasy pizza and this one was dripping. I ate it anyway. Booooy did I pay for it. I was up until 2am with terrible stomach cramps and the urge to vomit. Indeed, lesson learned.

Today I've had:

B- bowl of Fiber One shredded wheat w/ 1/2 (or a little less) of skim. (it's wheat, I know, but I've found it's the one cereal that helps a lil bit in keeping me going) and 1 cup of orange juice.

L- Small piece of oven fried chicken, 1 1/2 cups steamed veggies.

I don't have dinner planned yet, as hubby used (and burned) the turkey sausage I was planning to have in a pasta dish (my first gluten-free pasta dish!!) so I'm having to scramble.

Either way, I'm hoping the sodium swell and gut-pain from last night's pizza goes away soon!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #98  

My day just got easier, client cancelled so I'm home for the most part. I knew I didn't have enough water intake yesterday and feeling the water weight so I'm trying to make sure I re-fill, re-fill all day.

Hope everyone does great today!
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #99  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
I thought the situation was averted because it's very rare for someone off base to deliver on.
Where in North Carolina are you guys stationed?
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 190/188.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Where do you all go to track your food/calories? Thanks!
princessummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #101  

I use fitday.com Love it!
Old 11-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

I use activetrax
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #103  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Over the past eight years my weight has been up and down 30 pounds several times now due to medications. One type makes me hungry all the time and my brain screams at me to eat. Another cuts my appetite completely.

Right now I'm beginning to lose the weight again due to the combination of drugs I'm currently on and because two weeks ago I stopped eating sugar and a week ago I stopped eating wheat. Both are my triggers to eat and eat and eat. If I have 1 cookie, I have 10. If I have one piece of bread, I have 5 pieces. So cutting them out completely seems to be my only way of controlling what I eat.

I slipped up Monday night when I was babysitting and their snacks were too tempting. I ate 3 chocolate covered coconut health bars, 2 chocolate cupcakes, and several handfuls of animal crackers.

Tuesday I was back in control and today I'm not having the hunger pangs.

Right now, I look like the left side of my avatar, but am working to look again like my right side.

Last edited by clvquilts; 11-04-2010 at 12:17 PM.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #104  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

clvquilts Hi and Welcome!

princessummie I use dailyplate.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #105  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

MamaP - I sent you a PM.

I'm very happy today. I got hubby to go to the gym with me!! He didn't do much, but at least he went! I did 70 minutes and 6.5 miles on the elliptical. Hubby did 3 minutes walking on the treadmill, 10 minutes on an arm bike and the rest of the time doing "yoga" (lol, laying on the mats). My ankle is still sore from jogging, and I limped a little out of the gym. My husband said 70 minutes is way too much for me to be doing. He just looked annoyed when I told him I do it every time I go to the gym. LOL!!!!!

He offered to make a healthy dinner, but got frustrated about the mess in the kitchen (that he'd made earlier and I refused to clean up) so he said he was going to get sushi. He told me I "am not allowed" to snack before he gets back. I was starving by the time we got out of the gym, so I simply couldn't wait for him to get home from the grocery store to eat something. My mind was already thinking about what, how and how much I was going to eat when I got the opportunity. I was basically fantasizing about food. LOL I had 2 crackers with 2 cracker-sized slices of cheese. It was just enough to take the edge off and it's not going to kill me.

I am SO dripping with sweat. Time to shower then have some dinner!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote