Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #151  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick check in for me this morning!

I am up .8 but after all of the great losses I've had these last few days, I expected it. I was on plan yesterday and will be again today!!!

BBL for personals! Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #152  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

This morning started off off-plan. I couldn't sleep last night, and when my son woke up around 3, I was still awake, so I crawled in bed beside him and ended up sleeping. Hubby had the alarm clock and hit snooze until 7:20 this morning. I had to get the kids dressed, a lunch made for my son and everyone out the door for school in 10 minutes. I handed everyone a granola bar and mini bottle of water. Halfway to the school my son asked for more to eat so I gave him my granola bar. From the school I had to go to the vet to pick up our doggie. On the way home I stopped at burger king to grab breakfast. Fortunately, healthy eating has made stuff like that absolutely unpalatable. I took 2 bites of my sausage, egg and cheese croissant and threw it out. How in the world did I ever ENJOY that stuff?! I'm almost gagging thinking about it, even now.

ANYWAY, I'm finally home and things are calming down. I have to figure out why I can't sleep. I'm not able to fall asleep, even if I'm laying in bed in a dark room, until 2-3 every morning. I've tried taking a warm bath before bed (which usually does the trick every time), listening to relaxing music, reading a book, drinking chamomile tea... The only time in the past week that I went to bed early, it was WAY early and only because I had taken cold medicine. I don't know what to do, but it's throwing everything off because I want to eat when I'm tired.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quick check in...

162.2# today! -13 woo hoo! Ok, off to do my pilates before breakfast!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

My new goal:
Well, I have been thinking about this off and on for a while. My sisters are both hikers and they see some amazing scenery and enjoy it a lot. I tried hiking once but at 300 pounds...well its just too difficult. So here is my goal for myself. Next season (which is May thru November) I am going to hike to the summit of Mt. St Helens. I'm also going to invite my sisters. They are so athletic, I never get to do much with them. What an experience it would be.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #155  

Roxanne - That is a GREAT goal! That would be amazing!!!!! I would love to go hiking too, it's been a long time but it is beautiful!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #156  

Hello everybody,

For old friends - hello! Great to chat with you again. For newbies - I'm blueridgegirl and I've been a regular on the daily accountability thread for several months. I was away on vacation to Peru for 2 1/2 weeks and just returned late Wednesday night.

My vacation was great! Really nice to have a break from work (which had gotten pretty stressful in the weeks leading up to my vacation) and also my parents and my aunt joined me on the trip so it was great to have family time with them since they live in a different part of the US. I'm fluent in Spanish and have spent time in Latin America so it was great to be in a new part of the continent and use my language skills. Met great people, saw lots of amazing things (we were in three parts of the country: Lima on the coast, the Amazon rain forest near the Brazilian border, and in the Andean mountain range) and learned and laughed a lot.

I got on the scale for the first time this morning - since I started losing in Jan 2009 this is the first time I've gone so long without weighing, and I'm still basically where I am at before I left home! I pretty much fluctuate within a 5 pound range, and I'm at the top of the range, but still VERY happy that I didn't gain since I wasn't posting daily menus, weighing daily, etc. I'm wearing my skinny pants today and they feel just fine. I did try to limit sweets and balance my carbs with protein, and I only had a few alcoholic drinks to limit those empty calories.

Some NSVs from the trip - my dad just sent me the photos from the trip and I'm content with how I look in them. I remember when I used to cringe whenever I saw a picture of myself, and while I can tell that I'm not at goal yet, I am comfortable with how I look. Also, while I was there I went into a shopping mall in Lima and bought a nice dressy shirt - sizes tend to be smaller in other countries, so it felt great to be able to go to a store, pull something off the rack and have it fit.

My biggest NSV, though, was climbing Huayna Picchu. If you've seen pictures of the Inca ruins at Macchu Picchu, you see that there is a mountain in the background - that's Huayna Picchu. Our tour guide gave us several options of what we could do with our second day at Macchu Picchu and he said "if anyone really wants a challenge, you could try climbing to the top of Huayna Picchu." I was the only one in the group up for the adventure, so braved the 1 hour long climb straight up. I know that I couldn't have done this 2 years ago when I was 40 pounds heavier, and may not have been able to do it a year ago when I was still a newbie runner. It felt like a real accomplishment It helps that my family and the guide and everyone else in my group were impressed, too.

Lots more to say, but that's my quickie update. I'm having a bit of post-vacation blues to be back at work, but it's great to be back together with friends and community members and my SO. Now gearing up for my next challenge - a Thanksgiving day turkey trot 5k.

I missed you all - congrats to all on the progress you've made in the 3 weeks that I haven't been posting. Great to be back with you, friends!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #157  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

LittleL - Thanks! I am getting Married July 6, 2011 in Los Cabos, Mexico, getting very close now! But I am very excited, especially now that I have found my dress

Diana - Thanks, I am very happy with my choice BTW I am sooooooo ready for the weekend! TGIF!

tots - Of course you can join in, were happy to have you! Welcome to the group HaHa! I love your bootcamp smiles!

Muchie - HaHa! I know, what was with those donuts!

Vixsin - Great job on the new low! You are doing so great!

nina - I always forget to bring water with me when I go out, and I always end up buying several bottles. Such a waste of money when I have so many reusable bottles at home.

roxanne - Thanks I def. agree that it is the nicest one too.

seagirl - Have fun on your little getaway

Pink - It's been raining on and off here for the past couple of days as well. Where do you live?? Take a look a this link, it has some very helpful info on calorie counting, it def. helped me. Actually Diana was the one who recommended it to me in the first place. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/1821967-post2.html

cincim - Your day didn't look too bad. Don't beat yourself up about it and no only positive smiles

Pint - I've had sinus issues lately too, it's hard to sleep when you can't breathe, so frustrating
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #158  

BLUE!!! Welcome back!! We missed you!!! Your vacation sounds AMAZING and congrats on climbing HP!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #159  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

blueridge!!!! Welcome back! Great job not gaining during your trip! That's awesome!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #160  

Woot!! I talked to my family about hiking with me. My sisters are in for going with me next year to climb Mt. St Helens!!

I talked to my kids and SO about hiking with me starting this month...after all if I want to make it to MSH I better start practicing. Well, the two older boys (13 and 17) are definitely not impressed and won't be going with us. I didn't even have to ask the twins, I know they will want to go. But the BEST...my SO suggested starting TOMORROW!!! So we are going! I'm not sure which trail yet but definitely going somewhere! We are taking the beagles and the twins and going to have a good time. I'll take pics and post them. Maybe I will start a blog detailing this journey. I'm going to aqua zumba in the morning, then am going hiking in the afternoon. Wish me luck ladies, I haven't been this excited in a long time!!! Well about physical activity that is! lol!!

Thank you ladies, for giving me the confidence and support to start the journey and keep going. I think I would have given up without the support from you guys.

Roxanne

PS I am a little disappointed in my 17 year old, I was hoping to go hiking with him occasionally to spend some quality time with him.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #161  

Blueridge- WOW!! Your vacation sounds great!!!! And congrats on climbing HP!! That's awesome!!!!

Lauren - Not too far away! That's so exciting!!!! I love the dress!!!! Gosh this coming July (the 11th) I'll be celebrating my 4th wedding anniversary...where has the time gone?!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #162  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

hi everybody
roxanne- hiking is my FAVORITE exercise! It's so beautiful and serene, and MAN is it a workout. I remember my first hike in years was an EIGHT MILE monster up and down the side of this mountain. There was one point where the ground was going up almost vertically, and I was practically laying down, gasping for air, barely dragging myself up it. I'd probably still do that today. But the feeling of FINALLY getting back to the car and feeling so thoroughly beat up and worn out was one of the best feelings ever. Maybe your seventeen year old will relent when he sees how much fun everyone else is having. It's so not cool to spend time with your family! :P haha. But maybe get him started on more of a nature trail than a hike, and he might come around eventually. I'm sending good thoughts your way
blueridgegirl- your vaca sounds like so much fun! Congrats on the NSV's
Pint- I hope you feel better soon I get these horrendous sinus infections where my nasal passages swell totally shut and leak constantly, and it usually lasts for about a week, every year. My nose will be chapped and bleeding all around from wiping constantly, and it got even worse at night when I'd lay down, til I nearly wanted to cry about it! (and maybe have once or twice). My advice is to TAKE the meds, anything to make you feel better and hopefully make your symptoms go away. I'm so sorry you're sick

My day has been great so far! I didn't force myself to eat breakfast haha BUT I skipped oatmeal, potato, cereal, and I thinka couple of other things and started my day with some delicious, high-protein tuna salad. I added a packet of taco bell hot sauce, and it really made a positive difference. I had five saltines, and even had to keep reminding myself that they were there. I'm out of Diet Coke so water it is!
I've got the potatoes baking now, and we may forgo the chicken tonight because I think we're going to a party, so we'll probably have something quick (probably a personal pizza for bf, and more tuna or potato for me haha). I may grill up hamburgers if I'm low enough on calories.
Yoga today, no biggest loser dvd. My rear end is SORE! haha. Tmi?
Hope everyone is having a great, on-plan day.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #163  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I've made it to NC and have been loving on the babies. There's been all kinds of drama with the airline - still waiting on my suitcase to arrive. It's apparently in Chattanooga Tennessee. Instead of re-typing it all, if you want to see all my posts so far about this adventure they are on page 10 & 11 of this thread - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...pt-1-a-10.html

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I will try to check in later.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #164  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Blueridge that sounds positively AMAZING!!! How incredible!

Roxanne, I have always wanted to hike. I grew up in Indiana in the middle of a corn field, LOL, so I never really did. By the time I got to NC I had a baby and I was almost 50lbs over max healthy weight. So I have yet to go hiking.

Munchie and Lauren - I battle allergies every year from early Sept all the way until mid to late Feb. This year isn't as bad as last, though. Probably because late last winter base housing removed a moldy ceiling from our leaking utility closet. (it's only accessible from outside, and we never go in there...) Taking steroids for nearly 5 months straight just KILLS any weight loss.

Mama, I'm sorry about the airlines. My husband has to fly commercial sometimes while working (even though he's a pilot, LOL) and they've lost entire groups of the squadron member's luggage. Like, 10-11 guys without their stuff. They always carry extra uniforms in their carry on because the chances of them losing their luggage is way up there. I hope it gets there soon! Enjoy those kiddos!!

I'm still dragging butt. I want SO BADLY to take a nap, I just don't want to have any reason to be awake all friggin night again. I avoided the munchies today, so that's good. I'm making a turkey tenderloin with steamed veggies and cous cous for dinner tonight. *yawns*

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 11-05-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #165  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

mamaP- sorry about your luggage. i'm from Chattanooga your luggage is probably having a FABULOUS time, it's a great city. haha.
glad you're enjoying your trip so far.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote