UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:47 PM   #166  

SarahAnn - I wonder if Ellie is coming into season ro whatever it is called? Of course it could be a sign of 'overgrooming' if she is a bit anxious although she does seem to be settling in nicely!

LynneA - I call him Greek God because he doesn't half fancy himself! He takes my teasing though.

Bu**er, I thought my sore throat was down to 'sawing wood' last night (snoring) but I have a horrible feeling as I have been sneezing that some sod has passed on their germs to me! Ah well - it is not often I get a cold (touch wood).

BritNJ - Lew sounds like quite a character! Especially the bit about jumping in the pool then getting on the bed! I remember our little cat, Topsy, used to love to wind in and out our legs when she was very wet , shake herself like a dog, and if she could sit on your lap too in that wet state, so much the better. She used to give us this"what?" look when we went "Gerroff, your're wet!"
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:29 PM   #167  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

I'm back, I feel ever so popular, load of people have rung to chat including our very own CG (we always talk on a weekly basis). If talking could take pounds off, I'd be ever so thin by now ya know.

Peacock, Lew is a character, he thinks he's ever so special and can get away with anything, his coat I ordered came today, he does look dapper in it, Pen's is on back order, she's not in need of it as much as Lew, she has thicker fur and becasue he's got thyroid probs, he shivers, it's so sad to see, so now when the cold spell starts back over the weekend he'll be looking very warm and smart in his new coat.

I think CG and I have figured where the four piggin pounds have come from. I ate out on Tuesday at Olive Garden, had soup and salad which doesn't sound bad in itself, but breadsticks come with it and I ate three of them and their not low points...also, am extrememly windy after all my greens last night, have emptied out a few times, (TMI) I know :wink: but feel there could be more to come....it's very pongy around here... Dr. Oz was talking about bodily functions a few weeks back on Oprah and he said when you fart and it smells, you should always walk away from it, and give yourself a little shake of the bum, as the smell then won't linger in your pants, because you let some air in it to move it away... there'll be a lot of shaking of bottoms in this house this evening

Ok, must go and see to some dinner... with more veg.... Posie who was on here years back used to eat massive amounts of veg every day, I'll have to look up some old threads and see if she had windypop problems.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:14 AM   #168  
Gym'll fix it!!

LOL Chris i'm picturing you walking around your house wiggling your arse and leaving a bad smell in every room you're right it IS TMI Rain stopped today it was lovely. What we're used to but round two is coming tomorrow not the 'pineapple express' that we just experienced but wet just the same Where is Veggie
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:12 AM   #169  

A colleague and I were laughing at the 'doggy coats' in the Harrods catalogue. Supposed to be for terriers. Well she has a terrier and it would be off him in seconds! He has a raincoat that is like a cape so he looks very Dracularish. I have a feeling he is not happy in it. Whenever I think of dogs and cats wearing clothes I think of the fil Anger manangement with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson where Adam's character makes clothign for 'husky' cats. A huge ginger cat called meatball modelled some er... delightful clothing!

I know some dogs like yours BritNJ need coats and I am not taking the pee, but I am afraid whenever I think of doggie clothing - that film comes to mind!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:42 AM   #170  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

The other day we were buying some doggy supplies and the shop had got in their Christmas stock - they had some amazing stuff - loads of bling collars and leads and huge selection of coats, macs, jumpers and jumpsuits - even hats - none of which would have suited my boys. I did giggle at a very cute little lilac sparkly, fur trimmed sort of jumper thing that fits all four legs that was in giant dog size because I couldn't imagine wanting to put a giant size dog in something like that but now, seeing the way Ellie suffers with the cold, I'm thinking about getting her something to help her keep warm (although maybe not the lilac sparkly fur trimmed one.)

Chris, like Cathy, I've got this mental picture of you walking around giving a little wafty wiggle every now and then I must remember that trick next time I eat sprouts ... which will be on Sunday, I think.

I remember Posy / Ali's picture of one of her dinners - she had a HUGE plate with about six different kinds of veg on it topped off with some red cabbage and a small 250 cal ready meal - I just found the picture and I'll try and upload it - just the dinner plate, though - not fair to upload a picture of Ali/Posy unless she's given her permission.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dinner.jpg (45.8 KB, 23 views)
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:07 AM   #171  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Well, that was a bad idea. I have loads of work to finish off today, I haven't packed yet, and I need to pick various things up to take over to Spain for my mum from various places in Leeds. Last night was a work social and I said I'd just go for one drink...

...but I woke up at one point last night on the bathroom floor, using a pack of loo roll as a pillow and with ominous looking vomity remains down my top. I think the plan went badly wrong somewhere between the first drink and the... erm... last one.

Luckily I'm not feeling too bad today (or not as bad as I should be feeling at least) and I seem to have got through most of the work I needed to do this morning, leaving this afternoon for the "nice to get done but can wait" jobs.

Then this evening I have to wash, pack, do the magazine interview, shop for some last minute stuff and get some parcels from my grandmother. Easy!

But at about 8.30 tomorrow morning all the stress should be forgotten, and I'll be on my way!!! Sunshine!!!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:32 AM   #172  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP1 View Post
...but I woke up at one point last night on the bathroom floor, using a pack of loo roll as a pillow ........
Been there... done that... Hope your tummy holds up for the plane trip. Have a lovely holiday!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Oh Helen I don't envy you at all - as Sarah says I've 'Been there... done that...' and it's not the nicest of feelings. Glad to hear that you're feeling so well today though - have a great holiday
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat90 View Post
Where is Veggie
I'm here

Poor YP I have a huge bruise on my back I have no idea how I got it but it was after drinking last week.

I saw dog Santa outfits in Asda yesterday. I was tempted.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #175  

I think BritNJ was in my Polish Deli - there was a definite 'windy pop' smell in there - unless it was me of course ...surely not! And YP1( Helen) has been round outside my flat near the dustbins,with her vomity top - I can smell it- now this was NOT me!! God those were the days - coming back from cocktails with the girls and doing technicolour yawns. I don't drink much now. I love the bit about using a loo roll as a pillow - what on earth goes on (or not) in our brains when we are plastered???!!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #176  

Helen your post made me laugh, you always seem so disciplined, you earned your night out. Have a great trip.

I like this group, with some other groups I've chatted with I felt like I was the only one ever hungover or complaining about drinking too much

We have today off for veterans day, so I worked out and now I'm on the couch. Yesterday I was joking with one of my students and I said something about pushing him into his seat, he said "miss you can't move me, you weigh like 50 lbs." I love those kids and their misperceptions!!!

Beautiful fall day here today so I'll probably go for a walk once I peel myself off the couch, I'm hating men right now so all I want to do is have ice cream and stay under the blankets
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Just a quickie. Saw all your posts you all make me smile so much.

I'm out tonight for a friend's birthday no doubt I shall be moaning tomorrow that I am hungover.

Right I must go and make myself glamourous big big big big job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a lovely evening

Michele xx
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #178  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxgirl View Post
I like this group, with some other groups I've chatted with I felt like I was the only one ever hungover or complaining about drinking too much
Yes, I know what you mean. Its like they'e put their lives on hold while they're trying to shift the pounds.

I don't think theres any of us here like that... is there???
Old 11-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #179  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm doing the magazine. I did feel slightly less than inspirational today as I talked to her with a hangover and while a M&S pizza into my mouth... Ah well!

I've got most of my jobs done now, except packing. I'm so tired that I'm tempted to leave it til the morning. After all, I only need to leave at 8.30, so if I get up early enough...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #180  

I'm definitely getting the mag when it's out. Have a good trip.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote