UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #211  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Forgot to say, have a great time seeing Pink...how did you get back stange passes? you sem to be our celeb person...always meeting famous people HM

Katie, don't worry about the weekend, you'll be ok, tomorrow is another day.

My dinner was bloody gorgeous...I ate every mouthful, it was filling to say the least... there's leftover veg too, so it'll be bubble and squeak tomorrow and the next day Tootsville, here I come again.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:47 AM   #212  

I'm cranky, I still feel awful I was up all night coughing and I really want to call in sick but someone else on my team has the day off and I have to finish some testing with the kids.

Good news is a good weigh in today which usually never happens on a Monday due to my weekend activities.

Have a great day everyone.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #213  

Peacock sicky too. My Bp is raised agian. I dunno why I spent most of the weekend in bed nursing a cold and trying to relax so BP would go down. Probably the 'excitement' of the blasted fire alarm at 11 am on Sunday (could have been worse - it has been 3 am before now!). But of course I had been a sweaty greasy haired piggy in bed and not washed, brushed teeth or anything (I wasn't going out) and felt too weak to get to the shops (that meant the bother of washing and dressing). So of course I had to heave myself from my stinking pit and go 13 floors down to the exit when the alarm went. Of course I had to find some clothes first. So of course I think to myself, I might as wel go to the shops and get some juice for my throat, etc. So all of Sainsbury's see this creature with 'Cherie Blair' style hair do, snuffling and walking in an odd cross legged fashion cos everytime I coughed, I tinkled!

So I go to the Dr today about my BP and it is raised again. Probably the thought of work... or may Beechams hot blackcurrent are not good for BP - I know some cough medicines aren't.

If these is any justice in the world , please let me have lost some weight!!!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:11 AM   #214  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

RSG - Hope you feel better soon - the scales aren't much consolation when you feel miserable.

Oh dear - showing my age here... I've not heard of Pink before Just Googled her and I'm not really much wiser!

Chris - I heard that a Bosnian town is celebrating the Cabbage by raising a monument to it. (Apparently it is their staple food!) They are joking about it making the population windy and I immediately thought of you.

Have you tried Anthony Worral Thompson's low GI bubble & squeak cakes for using left over veggies? Basically they are equal parts cooked cabbage (I've also used sprouts) and mashed new potatoes with the skins on mixed with a mashed can of red kidney beans, salt and LOTS of pepper. Mix it all together add in leek or onion and some onion seeds if you have them - garlic is nice, too, then shape them in to cakes and use that spray fry stuff to fry them until they are brown on either side. And very nice they are too! Very nice with leftover roast and pickles/chutneys.

The scales were looking good for me this morning - but its not 'official' until Thursday. it stays the same (or better).

Has anyone heard of a book called The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger?
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:30 AM   #215  

Yes Sarah Ann I have heard of it and in fact read it for my book club! It was a good book but you had to keep up with the guy travelling back and forth in time!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:14 AM   #216  
Consistency + Balance

Thank goodness for that. The old dear across the road (the one who recently lost her husband) gave it to me to read and said she was looking forward to hearing what I think about it. Last time she did this to me the book was awful but she's so lonely that I had to read it anyway so that I could go and talk to her about it.

Just read that paragraph back and it seems like a totally daft reason to read a book....
Old 11-13-2006, 08:20 AM   #217  

Any reason to get you reading I guess.

Without wishing to give much away - you may get confused when his future self has to try not to meet his past self. It'll make sense when you read the book though! I think it was a past Richard and Judy choice but don't let that put you off. I think I rmember most of my bookclub liking it and we are a pretty mixed bunch I think.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #218  
Consistency + Balance

I love reading - its just that I usually like to chose my own books and my heart sank when she said its a romance - just so long as its not like Mills & Boon!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:33 AM   #219  

**** no!

Yes there is a romance but it is not enough to put you off - one of our ladies does not like romance at all (see we are a mixed bunch. No it won't putt you off.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #220  
Consistency + Balance

Thank goodness for that! I'll let you know how I get on with it. Just got to finish Marley & Me first. Now that is an excellent book - I've cried with laughter reading it.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #221  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Morning .

I am having a right day today. To start off with I got to the gym, did my thing, took stuff to shower and oops, realised I hadn't packed a shirt (the second time I've done this). Luckily I have my zip up fleece so can get by wearing that all day. Secondly, I decided to wear a cute pair of shoes today that I bought from Faith years ago but I haven't worn in forever. Figured they'd go very cute with my boot cut white trousers today. When I put them on however, I remembered why I hadn't worn them in forever, my feet were killing me! So I had to take them off and put my yucky gym trainers back on.

I look like a right chav now! Zipped up fleece, white trousers, nike trainers. Can someone please pass me a nice burberry flat cap so I can feel complete? THANKS! Actually, I'm not sure your average american knows what a chav is so I might be saved!

All this before I got to work!

I had a pretty good weekend, yard sale didn't happen Saturday due to rain so hubby and I hung out round the house. Saturday evening we went into the local town with friends, each year the town holds a "Host Of Christmas" event, it's a bit like the lighting of the chrimbo lights back home, it launches the holiday season. We had a great time window shopping, there was a gospel band playing (I live in the south, it's what they do!), food, it was a lovely time. The oldest street in the town decorates itself with lights and candles, it was really magical. Sunday I watched Layer Cake. Daniel Craig. Yum. He may have a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp but there's something dead sexy about him and that bod! Mmmmmm!

Hubby is now en route to Colorado Springs and I'm missing him already .

Redsoxgirl and Peacock I hope you are both feeling better.

Homersmummy I hope the meeting with Pink goes well! She's a pop star that I like, she comes across like she could kick seven different kinds of butt without smudging her mascara.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #222  

Thanks for the well wishes, I live by school so I'm home for lunch and my period off, it's going to be hard to get off this couch But I feel better.

OK I have to ask, what is a chav???

I want to meet someone famous.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #223  

LynneA - don't you dare tell anyone where you live that this is how we dress in the UK!!! Only a mega lot of us!

Red sox girl - see these links for more details

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/howto.php

http://www.chavworld.co.uk/new-identity/
Old 11-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #224  

Also for Red sox girl and anyone else not knowing (yet!!) what a Chav is, here's our fave Chavette Vicky Pollard! (From Little Britain).

http://www.littlebritain.tv/characters_vicky.htm
Old 11-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #225  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

i have some friendsat college going to see pink tonight aswell im sure everyone will have fun.
im sat at home feeling rubbish about my diet, im eating good,m but i think its gonna take a while to repair the damage of london, im just not in the mood for it anymore. I dunno i was doing so well, and although i dont crave food, i just feel a bit blue about the whole thing, didnt wanna put weight on (and i think i put on like 2lbs) i dunno seems extreem for only 2 nights of drinking. with the amount of walking i was doing aswell, youd think id burn at least half of it off :-(
any advice to get my bizz for dieting back/.?
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote