UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Well done Moosey and Knightbabe

Chris feel free to use my wodge of podge so to speak!!!

The little fella definitely has tonsilitis, hubby took him to the GP this morning.
The poor child must think I'm bonkers I pulled the duvet off him at the crack of dawn to check he didn't have any rash. The GP said what a healthy boy he is since hadn't seen him in five years. Those months of having bosoms that had more milk than a cow have done some good then.

I've not weighed myself again but I'm still doing well. I was at the big fella's school tonight as we had a meeting about his Rome trip so couldn't gym and tomorrow is my father's birthday he will be 66 so I won't go now until Wednesday.

Right I must get to my bed

Goodnight godbless
Michele

Last edited by micheleherts; 01-21-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #122  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxgirl View Post
Workout Day
1. multiply your weight (in lbs) by 18
2. Subtract 500 from that total to get your calorie needs for the day

Non-workout Day
1. multiply your eight (in lbs) by 15
2. subtract 500 from that total to get your calorie needs for the day
If I'm doing this right-I should be having 4378 calories on work out days
And 3565 calories on a normal day-that's never right?

PROPER peed off today. I measured myself and I've not only put weight on I've put on 2" around my belly! I seriously don't get this. Oh well... fingers crossed for next week!

Congrats on the loss Moosey! You can carry on calling me Skully or whatever if you want hehe!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #123  

Hello one and all - congrats to the 'losers' amongst you!

Sorry I have not been here for a while I have been trying to write an essay -800 words no less (I know - small potatoes to those of you who are doing essays regular like but I have not done one for over 20 years!!!).

I get in to day to work to findI cannot get into any files on my 'pooter and IT are so uninterested. Waaaah! I managed to save them to another file and did n't have to retype from scratch the day before I have to send it off!!

Yes I know the answer is to save it to disk but I cannot as the disc thingy does not work. I am having it looked at.

It is Peacock's Mummy's 77th today. She is in a chirpy mood which is different to the mood she was in when she left the doctors. She gets very swollen legs and ankles (we are talking elephantitis here!). All the doc said was put your feet up. The skin swels so much it cracks! The hairdresser even commented that she was not her usual cheery self.

Anyway I got her 2 videos including the Keira Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice. She got 2 pair of shoes and most importantly my little neice and nephew got her 'rubby out pens' for her crosswords!!!! (i.e. ink pens that can be erased). She is still on such top form that she still o'ked making me a lemon meringue pie when I come down this weekend. Hurrah!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #124  

Happy Birthday Mummy Peacock.

Last edited by veggie; 01-22-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie View Post
Urgh PCOS... after my scan and internal exam last year I got a big 'you've probably got it' from my helpful doctor.

Well done Moosegirl on the 5.
Veggie, me too not a lot of help from the gyn except lose weight…
Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 PM   #126  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxgirl View Post

Two calculations---for non workout days and workout days put together by a sports nutritionist (and backed up by the citations/references in the book New Rules for Lifting for Women) for an approximate 1 lb loss per week (which is considered a safe level that helps preserve muscle mass while dieting)

Workout Day
1. multiply your weight (in lbs) by 18
2. Subtract 500 from that total to get your calorie needs for the day

Non-workout Day
1. multiply your eight (in lbs) by 15
2. subtract 500 from that total to get your calorie needs for the day
I think that could be wrong, it tells me I should be having over 5000 KCAL a day... god if I ate more than 3000 I would gain weight... I am only having around 1500 - 2000 a day at the moment, not as though I am closely monitoring it but then on the other hand I am not hungry and full of energy!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #127  

Talking

Michelle – I hope the little one is feeling better soon.

My friends little girl is in hospital today she had her tonsils out this morning!

HM – I did that calculation and it said I should be having over 5000kcal a day… somehow I think that was way wrong! Lol

I bought a juicer today… a good one much better than the cheapy one I last had which didn’t last two months! Ordered a juicing book so I am looking forward to whipping up some fruit and veggie juices!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #128  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosegirl View Post
HM – I did that calculation and it said I should be having over 5000kcal a day… somehow I think that was way wrong! Lol

I bought a juicer today… a good one much better than the cheapy one I last had which didn’t last two months! Ordered a juicing book so I am looking forward to whipping up some fruit and veggie juices!
Mm, I think it's wrong too!

I've had it drummed into me since being on Slimming world, not to juice fruits. Something to do with the sugars or something.

I ate pretty well today more than usual-but I bet I gain again!

Got another hours walk tomorrow. I'm aching just thinking about it!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:14 PM   #129  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello all to peacock's Mummy...

My baby's birthday today too... she's 18, an adult in her own right. She's had most of the day with me as she doesn't go back to school until tomorrow so we've had a wonderful time together, went and got manicures and pedicures, my hands and feet are ravishing...then we had a healthy subway lunch and this evening I took her out to dinner and was a bit of a and had a choccy sort of dessert... will work extra hard tomorrow at work and on the to work it out, although this evening I did do some hand weights so that's something

I did that sum too girls, it was something daft like 3000 cals... RSG, can you help us out with this?

Also, I was saying before about NOT going under 1200 cals a day, because your bod shuts down.. but most people can lose weight on 1200, 2500 depending on their weight and exercise, so sorry if there was any confusion.

Ok, well time to set the coffe pot and do a few dishes before beddie byes... see you all tomorrow, sweet dreams :sleep:
Old 01-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #130  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersmummy View Post
Mm, I think it's wrong too!

I've had it drummed into me since being on Slimming world, not to juice fruits. Something to do with the sugars or something.
That’s the reason I don’t follow diet plans, I don’t agree with half the crap they say! Lol

Juice is full of natural sugars, as a diabetic I should not be having so much sugar even in natural form but since my diabetes is now under total control I am going to juice for England!

I am really going to use it for gaining the vitamins more than anything a complete more natural approach to this diet…

As for the juicer going to have to trek back to Tesco to take it back as part of it is broke, hoping they have another in stock as reading the instructions it’s really easy to use… some great ideas in the juicing book I bought in ASDA for recipes!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:27 AM   #131  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

I tried the calculation as well and in order to lose weight it said I had to be eating 3,500 cals per day!!! Way out I think. I am sat trying to type with the puppy sat on the laptop. Struggling to see half the keys.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #132  

Sorry Ladies...I can't really help, that was sent to me by a friend who got it from her trainer. It has me at over 2000K which I don't think I would lose on either. I'll ask her if there are any stipulations like people in a certain weight range should use it????? Who knows.

I work out a lot so I try to eat about 1800 a day and I can usually lose with that.

I miss running, I need this weather to get better here, the wind is crazy.

Off to school I go, my kids were nuts yesterday lets hope today they are a little more relaxed, I think 3 out of 10 got suspended yesterday!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #133  

Thanks to all for Peacock's Mum's birthday wishes. I am a rotten daughter - I found a photo of her from a few Christmases ago where she was very poorly and had the duvet round her on a chair. I entitled it 'Party girl 'aving it large' and sent it to my Dad!!!!

She has already seen the photo but will not be pleased to see it again!!

I am feeling quite calm after yesterday's hysteria of not being able to get into my course work on the 'pooter and the help (NOT!) from the IT dept. I have now sent my essay off and when I am paid tomorrow I am going to celebrate!!! Talk about blood, sweat and tears!

I am going to relax at Mum's this weekend (not too much I have another tutor marked assigment that needs to be in by Feb 1st - aaaaaagh!).

I haven't even weighed myself but as I am not struggling too much to put my trousers on it must be ok.

Did anyone see the Jamie Oliver thing about those fast food addicts and what they eat?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 176.5 /160 /126

Height: 5' 1"

Haven’t posted for ages. Have been jumping on and off the old diet bus all year. It’s one step forward and two steps back with me. So I’m trying again because really if I’m not taking it off I’m putting it on (and I’m only five foot...well five foot square actually). Am thinking about going to WW this evening. I prefer counting calories but the weekly weigh in is a good thing for me. (Although I find it hard to make the time every week.) mmmm can’t decide. (Wish I could say that was out of character but sadly it isn’t.)
I have two lovely sons and the oldest one has just moved out so I’ve been clearing out his wee bedroom, getting rid of ephemera going back a few years, a lot of happy memories in there...although the lad is only twenty minutes down the road it’s a sore one right enough, I have to keep telling myself that a packet of cream crackers and half a pound of Lurpack won’t make me feel any happier. (Does anyone one else like cream crackers, or is it just me?) Off for a walk in the icy rain now, it’s coming down like stair rods.
Might listen to some Lenny Cohen on the iPod...Just to cheer myself up...he he.

Have a good day.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNJ View Post
Hello all to peacock's Mummy...

My baby's birthday today too... she's 18, an adult in her own right. She's had most of the day with me as she doesn't go back to school until tomorrow so we've had a wonderful time together, went and got manicures and pedicures, my hands and feet are ravishing...then we had a healthy subway lunch and this evening I took her out to dinner and was a bit of a and had a choccy sort of dessert... will work extra hard tomorrow at work and on the to work it out, although this evening I did do some hand weights so that's something
Happy Birthday to her too. 18! Blimey!
Closed Thread