UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #31  

Thanks for birthday wishes BritNJ.

Miche I hope your mum is ok.

Knightbabe - enjoy Dublin! I watched a repeat of 'Coast' and did not realise what a lovely beach they have there. Mind you the water is apparently always cold. The presenter paddled in the cold water and then said he was going off to cry!!!

Fea - good luck on the essay - I did not do that well on my first Tutor Marked assignment- I was so worried about the number of words I was allowed to use I did not do the thing justice.

I really have to get studying this week as my tutor will be phoning on Thursday and I have to start the next Tutor Marked Assignment then. Panic!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #32  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Morning all

I've just had a lovely walk with Pen and Lew, it's almost tropical outside compared to last weeks weather, over 40 degrees!

Food has been good over the weekend, I feel as if I am back on track and I want to introduce more exercise to the day... the needs more use, I just need to brave the cooler basement of an evening to use it more as it doesn't really fit into my day schedule. Not that chilly should matter as I work up a sweat anyway..

Michelle, hope your Mum is doing better,

Peacock, did you enjoy your birthday? What did you get up to?

KB, enjoy Dublin, my friends went over last year and said it was fantastic

Ok, time to do some washing... I feel like a washer woman... it's never ending....

And.. where's Cat and CG? What are you two up to?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #33  

Hi BritNJ - Well my birthday was the first day back at work!!!!!! Many people were taking an extra week off so I was on my tod with no one to play with!!

Plus I don't normally do anything as friends are still doing Christmas family stuff or whatever.

Anyway a friend did treat me to a panto - Beauty and the Beast - normally not my most favourite but done panto style it was bearable! Quite a laugh in fact! Very kind of said friend as she was suffereing from the lurgie and had to go straight home afterwards so no celebration for me!!!!

Fancy my mum having me at such an inconvenient time!! At least if I was a Christmas Day baby I could pretend the day was all about me me me!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

My mum is much calmer, transpires she has been spitting her tablets out in the bin!!

I've lost 3lbs i'm thrilled. I'm going to weigh my self Thursday and see if I've managed to lose a bit more. I'm ten stone 2lbs now.

I'm just about to head up to bed i'm worn out. Peacock what is it you are studying? I've either forgotten or missed it somewhere.

Goodnight godbless
Michele
Old 01-08-2008, 05:09 AM   #35  

HI Miche - well it will be Introduction to the Humanities as of February but at the moment I am doing 'Making Sense of the Arts' which has 10 points counted towards it. This involved poetry , history (struggling with that now) and Art history.

Well done on the weight loss.

Is your mum at home or in care? I was wondering who can stop her spitting out her pills?

How's your Dad by the way?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #36  
Slow and steady

Morning ladies,

Michelle, glad to hear your Mum is feeling a bit calmer.

I just had a good workout on the am sweating quite profusely which is a good thing I plan on cleaning out my pit of a car in a mo, it's very mild out today so I will make the most of getting things sorted outside before the nasty cold weather returns.

CG, hope those nasty twisters didn't come anywhere near you though the night Looks horrible on the news.

Hannah's working today, she's a new employee at Curves... I shall go in later before she finishes her shift and work out and then we're off to return Harry Potter as she found the version she wanted after I'd already bought this one!

Have a good day all.... and come in here and tell me all about it
Old 01-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #37  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

I lost 4lbs this week. I have started spring cleaning. My puppy daren't sit still in case he gets polished, moved, hoovered or put in the bin. Also spent more time in the post office today sending yet more parcels. I've applied for a job as a dispensing assistant at our local Tesco. Although I have just realised that they don't have a pharmacy, so I assume it is something that will be in store soon. Only other jobs available at moment are cleaning. Not even worth me getting out of bed to do that as they are no more than 14 hours a week! Oh well, I best go run the OH's bath and finish tea off.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #38  

Well I had a busy day at work. I went to the gym first thing as well so i am

its the second day of being back on plan. I fully expect to have put on weight when i go tomorrow thanks to the weekends activities, however hope to lose next
Old 01-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Well done knightbabe on your weightloss. Chris how is Hannah these days I kind of got behind in everyone's news.

Peacock my mother lives at home with my father, she hasn't had a problem taking her mediction since she was last on the ward nearly nine years ago.
My father gives her the medication every day but from now on he will watch her take them instead of her going into the kitchen and spitting them in the bin. My dad seems ok but it's been very hard for him since my mother has been very unwell he had three very bad nights when she was convinced the house was on fire and other deluded thoughts, she is improving now though thank god. I'm not going round there this evening as I'm just worn out, couldn't even go out walking with Mandy and Ken as I just don't have the strength.

My eating is still going well, and I'm going to weigh myself again Thursday and hope I've lost another pound maybe.

Thats about it really I got very dull.

Take good care everyone

Michele
Old 01-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #40  
Fea
My Reality Check bounced.

S/C/G: 168/159/126

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone.

Michele I hope things continue to improve for you mum

I had a busy and rather unusually happy day at work. I bought a friend a gorgeous bracelet for her birthday which Im going to give her as uni tomorrow. I hope she likes it.
I went to mums after work but didnt stay too long. Home now and not ate about 8 hours not good. But I just have so much to do and Im still not finished. I have some curry left over from last night (home made) that I think Im going to heat up. Mmm-mmm-mmmmmm
Old 01-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #41  
Slow and steady

Fea.......... curry.... yummy naughty of you not to have eaten in so long though, remember our bodies think they are starving if we don't feed them on a regular basis Don't want to be a nag to you, but as I say to my hubs and kids, it's not nagging, it's loving..

Michelle, Hannah is 110% better.... thank God. She is doing briliiantly. She's taking college courses for her senior year this year and will graduate in june, she'll be 18 in a few weeks!!! Thanks for asking.

Well I had a very busy morning, I wore myself out and it was because I didn't eat sufficiantly myself...so I'm nagging myself about it too. I know better, and yet I still manage to forget to eat within good time limits and I know what it does to me...I was so knackered, I had to have a nap for an hour!

SG, don't worry about a gain from the weekend, it was your birthday, you'll soon get it off again if there was even a gain, you may be surprised, just remember to get your fluids into you

KB, at you cleaning and your puppy being scared, my two dogs move out of the way pretty sharpish when I'm cleaning, they don't know where to go at all because as soon as they settle somewhere, there I am with mop or broom or hoover and they have to move again, I shut them outside this morning and had to sit out there with them while my floors dried...bless 'em, they weren't impressed.

Back to work tomorrow for me....and a good workout while I'm there.

See you all tomorrow
Old 01-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #42  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hello .

Everything all right here we had some vicious thunderstorms but no tornadoes. My youngest was a basket case and was fretting all night. I ended up taking her downstairs and she slept on one couch and I slept on the other.

My friend and I weighed and measured ourselves yesterday. We will try and weigh each week together.

Chris you have to eat breakfast. Don't wait too late in the morning before you eat.

I love curry.

Take care everyone.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:32 AM   #43  

Hey Everyone

Warm and tropical today, it's weird but I love it, running outside is January.

Chris I'm so glad to hear Hannah is doing well.

Michelle hope your Mum continues to improve, we have kids at school spit out their medicine all the time.

Peacock glad you had a good b-day, mine is on Sunday, not sure what I'll be up to, I'm having people over on Saturday for the Patriots game. I told them that someone has to bring a cake

I have put on a few pounds that are really bugging me, so I'm hoping to deal with them this week.

Have a great day all.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #44  
Slow and steady

Morning

It is mild here, windy too, I'm just about to walk the dogs and then head to work, must have some brekky first though... thanks for the reminder CG, sorry to hear H was fretting, has all calmed down now? At least you have nice comfy couches to kip on though

RSG, where have you been? Nice to see you back for Sunday, hope you get all that you dream of and a nice cake to boot.

Ok, tum is a rumbling... time to feed the beast.... see you all later.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #45  
Fea
My Reality Check bounced.

S/C/G: 168/159/126

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

BritinNJ, everything you say is true. I hate not eating in so long, not just because Im bloody starving lol but because I know its not good for me and theres also the chance that I might end up eating something I shouldnt just because its quick.

All worked out well in the end. 6lb off this week. Its my first week so I expected a loss of water but I did better than I expected.
Closed Thread