UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #136  

I asked my Dad if he received the picture and whether or not Mum had seen it.

His reply:

Yes,yes, I pinned it up in the dining room and waited for Mum to see it. Looooong wait, so I pointed at it. Head turned to avoid it, so I stood by it saying "Have you seen this?"
Response at last = "No, I haven't"

This is typical of my mum!

Dad once bought her a microwave. She was out at evening class and we decided to surprise her. We turned the kitchen lights off and when she came in we all hinted that we wanted a tea. She huffed about us sitting there not bothering to make one ourselves and to pay us back went into the kitchen without putting the lights on. So when she came back out with the teas I asked her if she had noticed anything different. No came the reply. I asked her to go back and look. Sher was not happy to do so. She still saw nothing. My dad had to take her into the kitchen by the hand and point to it!!! She did see it then and was pleased with it!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #137  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacock 2 View Post
Did anyone see the Jamie Oliver thing about those fast food addicts and what they eat?
No but I saw a bit of that superskinny v supersize last night I was upset as Gillian McKeith turned up on it without anyone warning me. I was too scared to watch Jamie as I read there was an autopsy on it.

Last edited by veggie; 01-23-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #138  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

I read somewhere about Jamie Oliver and an autopsy so I didn't watch it either. Also missed superskinny v supersize - mainly cos I forgot it were on. My memory isn't what it use to be.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie View Post
No but I saw a bit of that superskinny v supersize last night I was upset as Gillian McKeith turned up on it without anyone warning me. I was too scared to watch Jamie as I read there was an autopsy on it.
Someone else doesn't like Gillian McKeith either! lol
Old 01-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I was disappointed by the supersize vs superskinny - it actually could have been a good opportunity to look at habits/instinctive eating that people have but I found it to be a bit too gimmicky for my liking
Old 01-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #141  

I've been a bit quiet cos I was on call at the weekend and the phone just didn't stop. I was so tired Sunday night I forgot to set my alarm! I only overslept slightly cos I got another call at 8am Monday morning!!

however the enforced non-drinking paid off cos i lost 2lbs this week This means that i've lost all the Xmas wieght plus one more pound.

A group of us at my WW are starting to walk on Sunday mornings which might be fun. I'm thinking of going this week.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #142  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

It is 12:45 and I have just realised why my belly is rumbling. I didn't get round to eating my breakfast this morning!! So I am eating my breakfast and dinner in one. Have listed 48 items on ebay and got about another 20-30 to go, but need to do pics first. My clothes rail is looking rather empty now.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #143  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning everyone. Brrr it's cold.

Ebay I have so much stuff I could sell on there. I have no clue as to how to go about it. I have given so much stuff to Goodwill the past few weeks.

My weigh in day and I lost 3 lbs

I've no idea who Gillian McKeith is. Why does everyone dislike her so much?

Chris sent H's card yesterday sorry it's so late.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #144  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Moring all

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrass monkey weather here too....and we're forcast some bloody snow this evening... great for moving the curves guff over the night tonight and tomorrow...

CG, watch BBCA in the afternoon and you'll meet GIllian MCKeith, she's a self professed 'Dr' and she tells people what to eat and checks their pooh...she's Scottish

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Hannah Veggie... yes 18... must mean I'm like 30 something now I reckon She had a good day though, bless her. She's working at the mo...she comes home and I leave for work.

Congrats on the three down CG... brill of course...you too SG...I must weigh myself tomorrow, prob put on by having birthday dessert... must work out more.

Ok, must hang some washing up and do some bits before walking Pen and Lewdo.

See you all later, stay warm.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Peacock just love your humour! Hope Hannah had a great day Chris blimey I remember my 18th as if it were yesterday. I thought I was so grown up.
Clydegirl well done on those 3lbs.

My son has recovered thank god but he took today off school. I am absolutely exhausted as my mother has been admitted into hospital she wasn't really improving but she went voluntarily so it was a relief hopefully she will only be in there a few days. Anyway the house needed tidying the dishwasher had conked it, so I paid my son a tenner to clean up oh I am just terrible, he was pottering away and shouted does that tenner include the washing up I went to say no darling I will do that but instead I said ok sweetheart do that too!! Anyway a great job has been done annnnnnnnd he has agreed that I can tell Martin (my husband) that I did the housework and so I will look truly saintly!!!

Parents evening tonight for the big fella. Then dash to the hospital then pop in to see how my father is. It's all go but I'm fine.

Yesterday i did eat a load of biscuits but managed to get a grip as I don't want to do the comfort thing.

Hope you are having a good day

Love Michele xxxxx
Old 01-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #146  
One pound at a time.

Default Oh brother!!

Well my doctor just called with my blood work results.

Everything was good except my cholesterol.

It came in at a whopping 275

I'm going to go over tomorrow and get the results in paper.

I am really motivated to get this weight off now. I've to repeat it in 4 months and he wants me to lose wieght and cut down on the fat.

I've lost 6 lbs since new year and have started exercising. So that's a good start.

It's never been this high but I was out of control the last few months of '07.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #147  
One pound at a time.

This has to be in a seperate post.

I'm going on a girl's night out tomorrow with a friend that I volunteer with. I don't know the other people.

We have a pot luck at one of the girls' house. Then we're being picked up by limo and driven to a local winery where they are having a comedy night. I'm looking forward to it as it's a while since I had a night out.

I will report back on Saturday.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #148  

Peacock one time I bought a fish and put it in a bowl on the kitchen counter, my roommate didn't notice for a whole weekend!!!

CG, wine is good for cholesterol

Been to the gym every day this week, planning to go tomorrow and sleep and lounge on Saturday.

Have a great night all.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:45 AM   #149  

Just popping in to wish you a good weekend everyone!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #150  

I've rejoined slimming world I was half a pound lighter than when I weighed at Boots on Tuesday so that's good.
Closed Thread