Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #106  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone wow i missed alot first congrats on everyone's weight loss
i have not been doing so well this week (can someone please kick me in the behind) im doing good with water but i havnt been on my ww plan much this week i just lost track or either didnt eat anything like today my hubby had surgery and i was there with him all morning first i was cranky for having to get up early then i didnt get to eat and when i did it was a sausage biscuit at mcdonalds i felt really disgusted with myself and because im moping around tying to budget a way for me to get turbo jam i havent done any exercise..... i have not weighed any this week because im scared that i gained all of my 4lbs back i really need to snap out of it.....

can someone tell me the rules of this challenge maybe this is what i need
thanks
you guys are doing great even if my scale dosent go down im glad someone else's is
Old 08-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #107  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Mia......KICK!! How's that? LOL!
~melissa
Old 08-30-2006, 04:52 PM   #108  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Gotta get in on the action!

Name or nickname: Danielle, Dani...or as my husband referrs to me as HM(high maintenance)

Birthday and zodiac sign: September 2 Virgo

How tall are you?: 5'4"

How much, if any, would you like to lose or gain?: 110

Pet peeves: clutter, people who chew with their mouth open, LOUD NEIGHBORS , people who act like their better than me

What’s your drink(s) of choice?: water, diet dr. pepper; alcoholic- seabreezer

Martial status:? Married

Between you and SO, who is more aggressive?: ME

Anniversary date: June 9

What type of job do you have:? SAHM--so this means:cook,dr,accountant,chauffer,launderer,refere e,psychologist, and teacher.

Own or rent?: Rent

What time do you go to bed?: midnight usually

What time do you wake up?: 6am

What kind of books do you read?: murder/mystery, girly stories, and I love trashy (read: jackie collins) novels once in awhile.

Favorite song: Reach for the Sky-Social Distortion, anything by Gwen Stefani, and the one stuck in my head for days..... the new Justin Timberlake song!

Favorite movie: Pretty Woman, anything by John Huges, Dutch

Favorite restaurant: Rock Bottom

Favorite quotes:

Favorite food or snack: steak with all the trimmings, ice cream

Where would you like to travel?: Italy, Japan

Worse food or snack: liver, clams/mussels,

How many siblings do you have?: 3 sisters--I'm the oldest. Youngest sis is 20 years younger than me.

What’s your favorite color(s)?: black, blue,

Any pets:? NO, but I want a puppy!!!

What does your screen name mean?: DH came up with it...gonna have to ask him!

What are some of the places you travel on BC?: ??????

How do people perceive you verses how you really are?: some may think I'm *****y, others may assume I'm quiet and reserved...SO not the case!

If you can change one thing about yourself what would it be?: My weight obviously, and my lack of self confidence

Do you play the lotto:? No

Lucky number(s): 2, 4, 6 and 13
If you were given 2 million dollars what would you do with it?: Pay off my bills, buy a home, travel, set up college funds for my kids

What are your plans for the holiday?: No idea....
Old 08-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #109  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

thank you okay im back now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Mia......KICK!! How's that? LOL!
~melissa

5% of my weight is 10.9lbs
Old 08-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #110  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Hope this is right?

Altari - 249/237/160 - 12 lbs lost
Amanda - 250/231/130 - 19 lbs lost
Aquachick - 185/172/110 - 13 lbs lost
Bonnie - 288/276/150 - 12 lbs lost
Brat - _?_/_?_/180 - 5 lbs lost
Danielle - 254.5/251/140 - 3.5 lbs lost
Iwantnewpants - 189/184/125 - 5 lbs lost
Kandice - 211/209/165 - 2 lbs lost
Littlelori - 185/180/125 - 5 lbs lost
Melissa - 248.6/248.6/165 - o lbs lost
Mia - 227/223/150 - 4 lbs lost
Sapphire - 212/209/130 - 3 lbs lost
Sara - 285/272/155 - 13 lbs lost
TriciaK - 212/212/130 - o lbs lost
U2girl - 250.5/237.5/225.5 - 13 lbs lost

OKay Amanda I think I got you right now . Thats was making me nervous all those pounds you had lost, I didn't know how was catch u. Nice weight lose for real tho! I can't wait til I can say I've lost 19 lbs, its such a hugh accomplishment. This is just not easy, you have to really want this new look and healthier life style.
And I know we all want this more than ever. Just looking at the numbers lost by everyone is a hugh incentive to me.

Hi Danielle Glad your back!

I wish I could see results already. I think thats what makes me so frustrated early on. That may be why I never really stick to a diet or exercising. You feel better and you can feel the pains, but it takes so long to see the results.

Funny story, My mother-inlaw call yesterday. She was all upset. She has really bad knees and weighs roughly 260 lbs (she is 58yrs old). Well she wanted to go buy a car yesterday and she asked her cousin to take her. He's a lot fun, kinda the life of the party at functions and he's a few years younger than her. He takes her to this car dealer. She goes in to look for a car and its all Trucks, this nut took her to a truck dealer ship. She got reallly pissed and started yelling at him at the dealers. She asked him what the F#%!was she going to do with Truck. He told her he felt she needed one, he was tired of always having to pick her up because her car broke down or come having to come an move some stuff for her. The salesmen were cracking up.

My husband and I was dying laughing. Because This cousin is off the chain. He's wild. He knows she can't even climb in her car let alone a dually.

Anyways me 5% weight would be 10.45 lbs. Lets doing it ladies, I'm ready.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:07 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Sooo mad!!!

I just spent 20 minutes typing a long reply to everyone and the server booted me off. Sorry ladies!!! Just makes me MAD!!!!!

Aqua, I posted "I AM THE BOSS" in the bathroom above my scale. LOL
My husband loves it.

Sapphire: LMAO - that story is absolutely hilarious. Thanks for sharing. I wish I had somene like that around me to keep me going, I wouldn't have time to get depressed. Thanks for putting all of our weights together. Keeps things in perspective.

AManda - MY HERO!!!! Like I said before, when I grow up I want to be just like you. I am gonna catch ya though.

Miaflucker - I was gonna kick ya, but Melissa beat me to it.

Danielle, glad your back - I haven't been on here long, but always enjoyed reading your posts. Can't wait to get to know you better.

Brat, I know how you feel. I had to get up last year for work in front of 300 people. I thought I was going to die, but I did it. YOU CAN TO>>>> I worried to much about it. They have to do it too. Keep telling yourself that.

Lovethatsara, I am with ya! More exercise after eating Mexican tonight. BAD Me!!!

Sugar-N-Spice - I feel like you. Hard to keep up with all the posts. This goes at lightning speed. I love it though. I think I need to start posting three times a day instead of one. Maybe I could keep up better.

I feel bad if I forgot anyone. Please forgive me, you were probably remembered on the posting I did before this one that is in cyberspace somewhere. Kick me in my butt for eating Mexican with my husband tonight. Not on my Atkins diet. But, small victory - I had only 10 chips instead of the whole basket. and opt'd out of the rice and beans and settled for chicken quesadillas. Oh, well tomorrow is another day.

Bye chickadees.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:34 PM   #112  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

If you guys wonder if you can ever get in shape again, don't doubt it. Check out Ms. Morjorie at 86.

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/20...03/naked.shtml

Danielle, so good to see ya back. Missed ya!

Elycia
Old 08-31-2006, 12:32 AM   #113  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I posted the challenge info

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92749
Old 08-31-2006, 06:57 AM   #114  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Sugar-N-Spice- I understand about regrouping. Sometimes that's extremely important. Oh yeah, I tread everyday. I have to. I'm replacing my ice cream addiction with a daily workout. You'd be proud of me, I turned down a KitKat last night!!! Went to bed and got up this morning to tread.

lovethatsara- Hi!

Hun.e.B- Hi! Thanks for posting the challenge info.

Amany- I do squats every day, and yep- the sitting in the chair and changing you mind- is definately the correct form. When you begin to feel the burn you know it's working. I think form is a big key, but you are so right, the stronger we get the *easier* it is, but it is always going to be hard. It has to be, we have to keep up the challenge.

miafluker- Mia! My scale barely moved!!! 1 pound! I think I am retaining water. That's okay, if this is the case it will move in my next weigh in. I don't care about the scale anyway. My body is changing shape, and I can feel a difference, so it's okay.

sapphire35- I know what you mean. Sometimes I'll be walking and I'll say stuff like, "why can't you just go away?".... (I'm talking to my fat) of course it just sits there and does nothing. lol... It's hard to have to endure the long process, but it will be worth it. I'm staring at my old jeans everyday and I know I fit into them once before- I can do it again!

n2luvnlife- lol... I'm glad you put that up there. You're only obligation to the scale is to walk all over it. Do not let it hurt your feelings, it only gauges where you're at.

u2girl- Good morning hon!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:06 AM   #115  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

GOODMORNING

U2 girl - I want to be just like the 86 yr old. Amazing, now thats impressive. She got her nerves showing us up like that at her age. Hey U2 where do you live in St. Louis. I'm in st. charles.

Hi Danielle

Melissa thanks for getting the new thread going. Your an extremely busy woman, I don't see how you jungle so much in one day.

N2luvnlife: Way to scold that scale. Love the quote, good one. I haven't even got on the scale lately. I'm afraid of being disappointed. I feel like I'm loosing weight, but scared to really find out differently. I'm going to have to get one the girls to measure me at the gym. I don't even know my inches.

Hi Amanda, Brit, iwantnewpants, sara, mia, kandice, aquachick, littlelori, altari, bonnie, and triciak. Whew I think that was everyone, I hope.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:10 AM   #116  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey all. I've been AWOL and it's taking a toll on my eating. I worked from 8:30AM to (literally) midnight on Monday, with an hour and a half break to go home, shower, change and eat. Since Saturday I've clocked 42 hours. I still have to work on Friday!!!! I've been living on fast food and pizza.

Today's my day off, though, so I plan on loading up on vegetation - and finally getting some exercise in.

u2girl - love that article! Great figure for an old lady!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:43 AM   #117  

Smile

Altari- Wow, you were working a lot. Well, it happens. My only advice to beat those times (and that was rough!!! ) is to pack your own stuff. I know it's a pain in the butt when you are super busy like that, but I don't know how else to get around it. I used to binge for comfort among other things, so I think if I worked a shift like that it would test me, that's for sure.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #118  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

thanks for the new thread! I know weight can fluctuate and so I'm just taking this in stride today too- but the scale this AM said 206! please please please let it be right! I would do a carrot dance!

today is stair day again- i sweat enough on those it's gotta be doing something and my bum and hamstrings after shoot like little shocks- kinda like when your foot falls asleep and comes back- same type of thing almost. does anyone else have these after exercising?

also when you're walking does anyone elses hands feel tight? like they're swelling up. Asked DH when we went for a walk last night and he said yeah a little but I think he was just saying yes.

DH is on plant shutdown all next week so he'll go on walks with me in the evening. I like it- that's our time to talk and catch up and not sitting in front of the tv or anything.

sorry no personals- I've been way to busy at work. seems like when I get here people want everything! hello! let me check my email and phone first! yesterday I got so frustrated at people. we have a parking garage and I buy "tickets" to validate our members parking- and some of the staff buy them too (from me) I'm the only one that can sign for it. yesterday was payroll day and I have a deadline to get it in to TX by- we're part of a bigger org ClubCorp from Dallas, TX- and this girl was coming in every 15 minutes- have you bought tickets yet- they were for her. fianlly said, I'm doing payroll- do you want to get paid or do you want parking tickets?! ugh! she must have told people because everyone stayed away the rest of the day until payroll was done! LOL!

I'll check back again late today!

Great job everyone!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:47 AM   #119  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Lovelies.

Hi AquaChick! - You are really rockin with that tread! You're doing such a great job. You're motivating the rest of us to stay on track. Squats too? You go chicky!!
I agree with keeping things challenging. It's so good for our muscles, including our hearts. Which, of course, is a muscle too. I've been writing a lot about jogging lately. I don't really even know why I want to jog after all these years, but I loved it when I was younger and did it for fun. I loved that "thump, thump, thump" I'd feel in my chest and the way that second wind felt. I guess I'm trading addictions too.

Melissa - I can't wait for you all to start the challenge! It really makes me happy to read about someone losing weight, drinking all their water and losing inches. It keeps me going. I think a lot of people are going to surprise themselves when they find out what they're capable of. This will give everyone an opportunity to rise to the occasion.
Since I'm not going to participate, I'll take side bets with people on who I think will win. j/k

N2 - As and advocate of nonviolence I refuse to kick you. It's no biggie, just get back on track. I had Mexican last Sunday. Deep-fried Mexican. I know. I'll do better next time...
I know you'll catch me. I expect it anyday. As soon as I hit my stride and think I'm doing ok, you and Sapphire will be passing me up. She said she was going to get me too. I'll be looking out for the both of you! I love that you put a sign on your scale. You and Aqua crack me up!

Speaking of Sapphire...
Yes, I really want a new body bad. That's why Laila Ali is my avatar. If I had to pick someone to motivate me, it would be her. She has the type of body I want. Of course I don't have the luxury of personal trainers and dieticians like her but, when it comes down it, it's still about eating right and exercising right? She still has to do the work, just like me. So maybe I can close in on her a bit. At least that's what I tell myself.
Thanks for the compliment BTW.

Mia - It's really, really important to forgive yourself right away. And not to get too hung up on the numbers. Don't allow yourself to sink into a depression and give up. If you let yourself stay down too long that is exactly what will happen. I know what you mean about being afraid to look at the scale though. Before starting this, I would avoid the scale for weeks and months. Confront it and deal with it head on. Do like Aqua and N2 and show it who's boss!!

Danielle - I keep hearing that BL is a great workout. I've been hearing about that, T-Tapp, Slim in Six and Turbo Jam. I'm trying so hard to stop buying sooo many videos. My resolve is starting to weaken though.
Isn't it funny how we see something new being advertised, or hear about it, and say, "Oooo.... If only I had that I'd be fit!". Then it just sort of sits there until the next thing gets out attention and we think, "Oooo.... If only I had that I'd be fit!". I'm glad we're all starting to actually use those videos now.

Yesterday I was too weary to exercise. I've been exhausted for about three weeks and it just wears on me at times. I didn't do anything this morning either, so I must do something sometime today. There's a small golf course behind us for the engineers. They also shoot arrows and play volleyball back there. Isn't that cool? The CEO wants them to spend 10% of their day doing something like that to spark their creativity. We have the cutest and sweetest(with the exception of a few guys) geek squad ever. Anyway, I think I'll take a brisk walk back there today. I may have to run to avoid the arrows!
I'm going straight to the State Fair after work. Morris Day and the Time will be there. I've never seen them perform live and I heard that they were excellent in concert. I so excited. Maybe I'll do The Bird when I get there.

Last edited by Amany; 08-31-2006 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:51 AM   #120  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Good morning gang! I can't believe that another week is almost over. Guess time flies when you're having fun?

I am so sore this morning all over, it hurts to breathe! LOL I knew I would be after that workout yesterday, but will just keep plodding thru. No pain no gain right?

Will be back for personals, time to go get kiddies up for school. C-ya!
Closed Thread