Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:09 AM   #91  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

great- personally i need an end in sight- not just the who loses the most of themselves. it can be a tiebreaker though- if 4 of us reach 5% lost then the one who lost the most by the end of the month? sound good?

I'm good with excel too but melissa if you want to take that one- it's yours!

whoever starts the next thread could you mention it- "join now for the sept 5% challenge?"

The scale is going in the opposite direction right now- 209 this AM! what's wrong?! I've been drinking my water and eating smaller portions but I haven't been real good on exercise. I need to start going to curves again- something just to get me motivated. I packed my change of clothes and tennis shoes and they're in my car for the trip back home tonight to stop by curves.

not a lot of time today- I'll check back in later!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:55 AM   #92  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Time to change my ticker...

I MADE IT!!!! I MADE IT!!!

I have reached my first 5% goal. I actually exceeded it by 0.5 lbs. I am very excited, as you can see. Unfortunately, typically I lose weight great for the 1st 2 weeks and then the rate of loss drops off dramatically after that. Anyways, out to buy my new sports watch. Yep, I changed it, I have been wanting a new sports watch forever! My new pair of shoes will be my next reward.

I definitely want to get in on the next 5% challenge.

See you guys later.

Elycia

Last edited by u2girl; 08-30-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:28 AM   #93  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Wednesday Morning everyone!! A smokey one at that, a new one must have broken out close by because its awful today. Giving me a headache already so that means we'll be staying inside! I went bike shopping yesterday and think I might have found one. Its white, a cruiser! Still thinking about it. I'm a bit tired today, stayed up too late working on those darn flyers for PTA, I need to get to the printers today though or they wont be done by school next week!

Heather...have a nice visit with your family! Keep making those great choices!! We'll miss you and we'll 'see' you when you get back!

Bonnie...I hope you have the BEST time with your granddaughter!! I hope the storm is a mild one. I'll keep you in my thoughts, I think anymore after Katrina we can never be too cautious! WAY TO GO on your loss!!! How exciting for you!!! Keep up the good work!! You are doing so GREAT!

Aqua...funny how life ends up keeping us busy sometimes huh?! Thats so fun that you worked out with dh....left him in your dust though I bet! LOL!! "apologized for being a weiner" HA!! I love it!!! I hope today goes easier for you!!

Amanda....WOOOOHOOOO!!! You worked out even when you didnt want to!! Girl, now that is determination!! You are so amazing!! And a 2 lb loss too!!! Yay!!!! You are my inspiration in such a major way!! keep up the GREAT work!

Kandice...dont put too much stock in that stupid scale. Our bodies just fluctuate too much to take it too seriously. could be retention is it getting close to AF? could be stress, who knows. Just keep making healthy choices for you!

Elycia!! You deserve to be excited!!! That is so fantastic!!! You are doing such a fabulous job and its all paying off!! Now that first reward!!! I'm so happy for you!! Keep up the amazing job!! Way to go!!!

Okay, gotta get going to class! I think on September first we should start a separate thread for the challenge and like Kandice said mention the challenge in our new weekly thread. That way things wont get lost. I'll throw together the spreadsheet later today and figure out how to post it to the web too and I'll dig out that old challenge we did so long ago to see how we did the rules..is that okay?

have a wonderful day everyone!! I'll be back to check on you later!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Lady Girls!

Elycia....WAY TO GO!! I am SO proud of you! Every goal you reach is so important and you reached this one so quickly....NICE work!

Amanda....I think your new nickname should be "Tenacious A". I can't believe you're going to do Harvey later....tell him I said "Hi" and "please don't hurt me!" Also, that is really cool that you write children's literature. Way cool.

Melissa....thank you so much for being willing to put together the spread sheet. I am terrible with Excel, so kudos to you.

Aqua....I cracked up at the "apologized for being a weiner" comment as well. Though, I must say that it's quite impressive that his attitude has changed. I think guys, generally speaking of course, don't understand how difficult the weight issue is for women. There is so much more pressure on us to be fit and trim than there is for men.

Heather....have a wonderful visit with your family! And congrats on the great choices!

Bonnie....I hope the birthday celebration is fantastic! And I will be thinking about you and the rest of the SE folks as you brace for Ernesto. All of you take care of yourselves!

Alright, I know I forgot some people, but I'm just too excited to share my news......I hopped on the scale this morning and I've lost 5 pounds! Woo hoo! I get to move my ticker!

Everyone take care today!

Liz

Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 AM   #95  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post

Okay, gotta get going to class! I think on September first we should start a separate thread for the challenge and like Kandice said mention the challenge in our new weekly thread. That way things wont get lost. I'll throw together the spreadsheet later today and figure out how to post it to the web too and I'll dig out that old challenge we did so long ago to see how we did the rules..is that okay?

sounds great! thank you! I agree new thread on Friday, can we link the 2 threads somehow...

real busy at work- no time to chat!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #96  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Good Morning Ladies:coffee2:

You Ladies are "OFF the Chain" (means crazy, Wild, amazing)!

CONGRATULATIONS

U2girl - Great job on the 5% goal, Yeah!

Bonnie - Great job on the 4 lbs & inches. Have a great time with your granddaughter.

Amanda - Congrats on the 2 lbs. You have an awesome will power you and Bonnie.

Iwantnewpants - Way to drop those pounds. Congrats on the 5 lbs. . You ladies are animals right now.

Kandice - Don't sweat the 1 pound. It'll will be gone in no time. Its probably already trying to figure out how to runaway. lol.

Aquachick - Thats great about you and DH working out together. Love that team work. I'm so glad he apologized and is being supportive thats wonderful.

I do silly stuff to help me keep track of everyone in my head, Like names and weight lose, so here goes. Correct me if I wrong please.

Altari - 249/237/160 - 12 lbs lost
Amanda - 250/229/130 - 21 lbs lost
Aquachick - 185/172/110 - 13 lbs lost
Bonnie - 288/276/150 - 12 lbs lost
Brat - _?_/_?_/180 - 5 lbs lost
Danielle - _?_/_?_/_?_ -
Iwantnewpants - 189/184/125 - 5 lbs lost
Kandice - 211/209/165 - 2 lbs lost
Littlelori - 185/180/125 - 5 lbs lost
Melissa - 248.6/248.6/165 - o lbs lost
Mia - 227/223/150 - 4 lbs lost
Sapphire - 212/209/130 - 3 lbs lost
Sara - 285/272/155 - 13 lbs lost
TriciaK - 212/212/130 - o lbs lost
U2girl - 250.5/237.5/225.5 - 13 lbs lost

If I got anyone wrong just let me know. I just thought maybe this would help all of us if we see the numbers all together every now and then. I'm thinking once a month or every two weeks. What do you guys think?
Old 08-30-2006, 12:29 PM   #97  

Smile

Amany- Back at ya babe! Yeah, I have some days like that too. The way I deal with it is to make a deal that I don't sleep until I get it done. Usually, I am sooo ready when I wake up, but sometimes the workout was so intense the day before that I slept like a brick. So, I just make myself, just like you made yourself do it. Don't worry, I know Harvey can light a fire under anyone's tail.... lol...

kandices2ndtry- You're on the right track, but excersise is half the process. When you do cardio you inhale oxygen- which in turn will help you burn fat. Whrn you tone (adding weights is especially beneficial for this) your muscles become hot, and I'm telling you, this sizzles your body. You burn a lot of calories that way. Curves would be awesome!

u2girl- WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! You are doing so good, you are truly an inspiration to me!

sapphire35- That is amazing! You got mine right. I hope I can move it down some tomorrow.

Hun.e.B- Sorry to hear about your headache. Hope you get to feeling better.

iwantnewpants- 5 pounds!!!! Yay!!!!!

Last edited by AquaChick; 08-30-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #98  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Hey ladies, i was going to post last night but i was soooooo tired. I found out i have to give an oral presentation for my tech writing class and i totally freaked out. I am terrified of standing infront of people. Honestly i feel like its judgement day and they are judging whether i'm going to **** or heaven. i shake and its just bad. last time i had a panick attack. anyways besides that things are okay. i'm going to start eating a lil more. i realized i was only eating like 800 cals a day and i know thats not good. Anyways nothing else new. My great grandpa is a lil better. they got him to drink, which is great considering is was comatose just a couple days ago.

I would love to join the challenge. I'm going to start going back to them gym when i get home from this weekend. But seeing as my cousin and her kids are coming ill have a work out just with that!!!

Trish, I think keeping track of everyones weight would be awesome. Its so hard to keep up with people all the time and honestly i usually forget or get peoples weightloss confused.

Liz- Congrats on the weightloss thats awesome!!!!!!

Melissa- Be careful with the fires. We have a burn ban going right now and only a few local ones got a lil crazy. It was kinda scary to watch. For the first time in my life i felt bad for cows and considered letting them out!!! As for the bike, its a great workout. Back when i really didnt workout or more except to go the fridge or bed, i road a bike and i got a good 5-10 miles, and i honestly wanted to do more. Go for it. you'll love it.

Elycia- Congrats!!!! thats awesome!!!!!! go girl!!!!!

Amanda- i know how you feel. its hard sometimes to get up and workout, but sometimes thats your body's way of saying just rest and let me catch up. Sometimes if its not dark just going for a short walk will wake u up a lil and then u wanna work out.

Aqua- Thats so cute u and ur husband worked out together!!!!!!! i think the last time i got to talk to you, you were at the doctor, but its sounds like everything is good now. I'm so happy!

Butterfly- u go with the 2 inches. thats awesome!!! keep it up. your granddaughter is sooooo cute!!! hope you had a great time with her!

Heather- have fun!!!!!!!

Kandice- I was pretty lucky. ive never really been treated bad by anyone. I wasnt really teased in school or anything like that. I think i'm harder on me then anyone else could ever be. When I feel fat its like i tell myself i'm not good enough to be friends with certain people, or that i look stupid going to a club and dancing. So i stay in my apartment alot. For some reason though the past couple of weeks have energized me and i feel like i can accomplish anything i want too. But as for people saying things to me my dad gets to me the most. thats one of the reasons i stay away from him. I remember one summer i came home to texasand i was doing the herbalife diet and i had lost 15-20 pounds (i was living in mexico with my grandparents and we would come home to texas in the summer). I had woken up one morning and he walked in and he looked at me and said to my grandma right infront of me "Mamma she might have lost 15-20 pounds in the front but if you look behind her you can see them." that was the end of the herbalife diet for me, and then end of my relationship with him. the sad part was i was only like 11 years old. but he isnt in my life now and i feel stronger without him.

Anyways i'm going to end this. I know i forgot people but if i didnt stop it was going to take up the whole page!!!!!!!!
Have a grea day ladies!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #99  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Default Honey, I'm home!!!

Hello you lovely ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA the last few days. Thanks Amanda and Melissa for checking on me. Frankly, with the size of our little group & the speed of posting, I didn't think anybody would notice. You guys are posting like wildfire!

I have been doing a workbook for compulsive/binge eating and it has been VERY trying. I hadn't anticipated the emotional toll it would take on me, leaving me physically exhausted by the end of the day as well. I think I am finally getting down to the core of what my issue is with food and hopefully learning some things to do when I feel those urges again. Amazing how much stuff from 20 years ago can affect who you are today regardless of how much you think you've forgiven & forgotten.

I finally did get my book about the GL diet. Interesting to a point, not sure I'm completely sold. His theory is that you don't need to force all the water that is told to everyone to drink. He claims that there is enough water in all the foods we eat that while primarily water should be our main source of liquid, he just thinks we should gauge our "thirst" to be our meter for how much we choose to consume. I am not even halfway thru it yet so still have lots to find out. So far though it's interesting how this works...mainly just staying away from refined carbs, and all breads of all types. I'll let you know. So far tho, I am just enjoying watching my portions and keeping sugar low. I haven't weighed (I'm askeered to! lol) so no idea what I weigh now. I know that my appetite has been big the last few days and no exercise so I know I definitely haven't lost. I'll be happy if I maintained at this point.

Did the BL workout this morning. Good Lord Almighty! It irks me that I have such issues with those lunges and squats! I feel it mostly in my knees instead of where I should either in my thighs, hips or buns! LOL I think I figured it out tho, my core strength is not much. So I am going to concentrate on maybe some pilates or yoga to build that and see if that doesn't help with the other workout. I love the BL workouts, I just wish I was feeling the burn in the right places!

I am SO in for the challenge for September!! I think it's a brilliant idea girls and something I think that will really keep me motivated. 5% for me is like almost 13 pounds. but I definitely want to try and get as close to that as I can.

I am SO proud of all the losing that's been going on around here. You guys are absolutely amazing! I tell ya, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have all of you everyday. I seriously think I might be depressed and feeling like it's all hopeless. Thanks for everything ladies! ♥

I will try and get to personals later today...I am WAY behind. I wanted to let ya'll know that I'm still alive and doing alright. Hanging in there and determined not to give up, just trying to clean up my "mental messes" once and for all.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:40 PM   #100  

Smile

brat_61886- Hi!

Sugar-N-Spice- I missed you!!!! Wow, that is pretty intense, the workbook you have been working on. I don't believe gauging by your thirst. That is a sign that you need water, so you are already dry. Plus I can say from personal experience that water has improved my skin, and I am sure it helps me with the migraines I get sometimes.

I am up for a challenge too. I didn't catch all the details, but I think something like that will be a huge motivation.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #101  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Aqua, the deal with the water......this is exactly one reason why I'm on the fence about this guy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my water. It has so many health benefits that I find it hard for someone (especially a cardiologist) to say that water isn't something to try and get in every single day. Of course, this book was written eons ago, so go firgure... Water definitely helps with skin and hair IMO. My son's orthodontist also told us that one big reason why he (my son) was probably having jaw pain was that he was dehydrated and to up the water and see what happens. It definitely helped, I was shocked! BTW, thanks for missing me. I missed being here, but really needed to take a few days and try and regroup.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #102  
I can do it this time.

Good Morning ladies. My 5% would be 13.6 Danielle. wow in one month hmm lets see thats about 3.4 lbs a week... I CAN DO IT! I gotta do a lot of walking and now more than ever am I going to have to not cheat (I had pasta from pizza hut last night ) and do some more of those excersize videos I have at home that I dont use. Maybe in the morning do the video and at night do my walking. or maybe after my walk I can do one of the videos. We can do it! good luck everyone
Old 08-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #103  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

WOOOHOO Liz!! Way to go on an EXCELLENT loss!!! You are doing so GREAT!

Oh Trish...I'm just not liking that zero lost for me!! gonna have to change that! LOL!!

Britt...I'm glad to hear your grandpa is doing better, you better be eating girl! Your body needs fuel to lose! I have to share a funny little story. My freshman year I took public speaking and had to do 4 speeches...they were ****! My final speech had to be a commemorative. And I did my best friend from highschool, It was very emotional for me and I started totally bawling right there in front of the whole class. But I made it through! And you will too! Everyone else has to do it too, and they arent judging you!

Danielle...there is no way in **** I would miss you not being around! And I think everyone agrees with me on that one! Interesting points on the water, I learned the same about supplements. But, I do agree with Aqua that once you are thirsty you are already on your way to dehydration. You need to be drinking it before that happens. Way to go for getting that workout done! I hope you are feeling better! Hopefully we can find some time to chat one of these days!

Okay, I've gotta run to the printers with these stinking flyers and then I can throw together challenge stuff. I was thinking we should do both % of ourselves but keep track of exercise minutes too in case we need to do tie breaker...what do you think?

~melissa
Old 08-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #104  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Danielle!!!! I'm so glad to see you! I'm sorry, but I don't think we can let you go on trips anymore. We have to keep you tied your computer all the time. Or make you wear some sort of tracking device.
It's courageous of you to work through that workbook. That sort of thing can be heavy. But I'm glad you're doing it. That means the rest of us won't have to. You can do all the hard work and then diagnose the problems the rest of us have. I think I like that deal very much!
I know what you mean about squats and lunges. Especially lunges. Squats got better for me when I improved my form. You're to pretend like you're about to sit down then changed your mind. Then you push back up with your heels. Lunges just stopped hurting so bad. I can't really pinpoint what made them better. Could be the Pilates, my legs now being stronger or the weight loss. I do know that the more I exercise, the less painful they are. I think I'll even be ready to try my bellydancing dvds again soon. There's a lot of lunges in the workouts.
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is BL?

Kandice - Don't stress over the pound. Fluctuations happen all the time with weight loss. Especially with women.
I understand exactly what you mean about need to have the end in sight. It's good to have a few mini-goals.

Liz - Congrats on the five pounds chicky! And thanks for the new name.

Hi Trish! - I would love to be able to say that I've lost 21 pounds. It's only been 19 though. I changed my stats right away!! I was so tickled pink that I just couldn't control myself.
I think it would be great to see our numbers every two weeks. It would help to keep us all motivated and remind us of how far we've come.

Aqua - What you told N2 was so funny! Step on the scale and show it who's boss!

Britt - I understand completely what you mean about public speaking. I hate it! I remember many times breaking out in cold sweats and getting the "shakies" so bad that it was a distraction.
Thankfully, I've grown a little more confident. It's not quite as bad as it once was, but I'd still rather eat dirt. It does get better though.
I'm glad to hear your great grandfather is getting better. Yes, you do need more than 800 calories a day. If you can't bring yourself to eat a full meal, try 4 - 5 small snacks a day. Spaced out. That will at least keep your metabolism going.

Hi Sara! Yes, you can do it! This challenge is going to be good for a lot of people, I think.

Well, I'd better go. I'll try to catch up with all of you later.

Bye!!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #105  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Amanda BL is Biggest Loser. Bob really has a way with those lunges and squats. Only thing that drives me nutty about this dvd is that no one stays together! 2 are the same, the other 2 are a different way and then there's Bob somewhere in between. LOL I love squats, love feeling that burn. Only thing is that all the dang lunges come before the squats, and by that time, all I can feel is my knees! I think I really do need to work on my core alot and see what happens. I am going to keep riding the bike too, get my legs and lower back conditioned back to where I used to be. Girl, you are on fire with that weight loss!!! I am so incredibly proud of you. You are definitely working for it tho with all that exercise. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Aqua, hows the WW coming along? Did you today?

Melissa, lol, I sorta figured you would notice, only cause we've been glued at the hip for, what, how many years now? Yeah, the water thing is sorta strange to me...cause my understanding was the same, that if you're at the thirsty level then you're already past dehydration. ? This author is a big proponent for low carbing, and had lots of positive things to say about Atkins. His switch for a lower carb plan is to not omit the veggies, fruit or milk, claiming that in fact, these things can only help you lose weight. I only read a few more chapters this morning and that's as far as I got. His only thing he says to stay away from is starch, starch, starch. When you look at it from a g.i./g.l. point of view it definitely makes sense. Letcha know what other tidbits I find out. I do not know how you are balancing school, with pta, with being a mom & wife, and then us and our challenge. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for offering to do the sheet for us Mel! Its very much appreciated!!!!

Sara, you and I are almost in the same boat with the 5%--mine's 12.55. This terrifies me to no end but I'm gonna give it my best shot. You sound like you've got a good workout routine in place, the weight will have no choice but to melt off ya chicky!!!

Brat, I am glad to hear that your g-pa is doing a bit better. I just got word last night that my g-ma is sick and they don't know what's wrong with her. Best of luck on your presentation, I am sure you'll do wonderful! I am not a good public speaker, I tend to mumble. lol I also feel like I am being judged the entire I am speaking, and usually feels like it's about my weight. Have a great time visiting with your cousin and chasing the kidlets around!

Trish, thanks for posting everyone's stat's. Nice to see it as a whole. How has your day been?

Liz, congrat's on the 5!!!! Great things are definitely happening aren't they?! You are doing beautifully missy, keep up the good work!!!

Kandice, thanks so much for the idea of a challenge. It came at a super time to help me get motivated and finally, just maybe, get some of this weight off. Hope work isn't keeping ya too busy that we miss seeing you again today.

Elycia, WTG on reaching your 5%!!!!!!!!! That was really great to read today, you've been working so hard on this. How is the new job? I hope you like it. I gotta tell you, every time I see your girls pic, I wanna just grab their little cheeks! They are just absolutely precious!!!!!!

Bonnie, I hope you and your family are staying safe with all this storm stuff hanging around. Enjoy your grandbaby!!!

I feel like I've forgotten people, if I did please forgive me. I am so behind in posts its not even funny. Dh teased me this morning saying that I didnt need a job cause trying to just keep up with you all was work enough. Of course he can't even comprehend what goes on here, he just knows that when I'm parked in front of the box here I am posting.
Closed Thread