Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #76  

Smile

Hello ladies!

Sorry I'm so late today!!! I've had a very busy day today, and I hope to be back tonight to play catch up!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #77  
I can do it this time.

Yeah the challenege sounds fun kandice. I'll join
Old 08-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #78  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

so what are the rules? must be present for all the month in order to qualify? or can someone jump in whenever? so like the sept challenge you have to join Sept 1st- at lastest by sept 8th first week.

should we all have different goals? some water- some stairs- or should it all be the same thing like 5% weight?

we need some rules before we start playing... what does everyone think?
Old 08-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

Oooo yeah.....let's do a challenge! This will be great!

I think we should do a 5% of weight challenge. Either that or a minutes exercised challenge. If we do the 5% challenge....the winner is the person who reaches the 5% first. Or if we do a minutes challenge....the winner is the person who reaches a certain number of minutes first.

What do you guys think?
Old 08-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #80  
I can do it this time.

I like the 5% weight change, I think they should be present and since this will probably be a once a month thing then they can always join the next one. Personally I think everyone should have the same challenge. Thats just my opinion.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:09 PM   #81  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Hi - Aquachick

Amanda: I think writing childrens books is a neat concept. I wouldn't know how to do something like that. Good luck with that, I hope you succeed. There just not enough time in the day when we want it. I came up with a really neat idea for a childrens game, toy, you know. I even had a patent lawyer take a look at the idea, he thought it was great and told me how to proceed with it. Can you believe I haven't done anything with the idea yet. I'm such a procrastinator.

Okay Ladies Kandice, sara, and Iwantnewpants, I don't care which we do. The 5% is fine with me. Is it 5% of the goal weight we set for Sept. or overall? And we should all definitely have the same challenge.

Someone could list the rules and we vote? Amanda is in a challenge maybe she can help with rules. Oh Amanda Help us get this going.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:48 PM   #82  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Afternoon all, I'm taking the girls to the waterpark this afternoon so I thought I'd better check in now.

As far as the challenge, love the idea! I did a challenge years ago where it was all based on your own statistics (you take your measurements) and whoever lost the biggest percentage of themselves won. We had a weekly checkin to see how we all were doing. and excel spreadsheet would be really easy to set up for that too, I'd be happy to do it! Something to think about rather than making it a race. The exercise minutes is great too, whoever has the most minutes at the end of the month?

I also think you've gotta be enrolled in the challenge by at least the 7th of the month to make it fair for everyone. And then for the reward, we can set up an amazon gift certificate for the winner and then they can pick whatever they want.

I love challenges! This is what I need to get things rolling!

~melissa
Old 08-29-2006, 07:06 PM   #83  
I can do it this time.

I just want to say I agree with everything Melissa said
Old 08-29-2006, 07:10 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Default OH Yeah, A challenge

Oh, I would love a challenge. That would get me psyched. I agree with Melissa says. Let's do it!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #85  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Sapphire - I'm so glad you didn't have any heart problems. I know that must have been nerve-wrecking. Now you can take a HUGE sigh of relief. Ahhh... Thanks again for the questionnaire. It was fun. The challenge that I'm a part of doesn't involve money. Just the satisfaction of knowing you've reached your goal.

Bonnie - I hope you don't get rained on to much out there.

Brit - Don't be afraid of chemistry. Just stay on top of it. Ask questions, get help right away when you need it and study, study, study. Someone recommended Slim in 6 to me today. Let me know how you like it.
BTW, I'm really sorry to hear about your great-grandfather. I hope he's not in any pain.

Melissa - You're a busy, busy woman! School, kids, PTA.... Please let us know if you hear from Danielle. I'm starting to worry a bit.

AquaChick - Hi there lady. Glad you dropped in!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #86  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone:

Hope everyone had a Tremendous Tuesday. My days are pretty busy these days.

Trish, shocks the heck out of me that you are here in St. Louis and have twins. Have you joined MOTC? I an no longer active. Wow, that is amazing. How old are your twins? My girls are 9 months. We must talk!!!

Okay, here goes:

Name or nickname: Charley or U2girl
Birthday and zodiac sign: 12/9
How tall are you?: 5'8
How much, if any, would you like to lose or gain?: 90 or so pounds
Pet peeves: People that don't wash their hands after sneezing or using the bathroom, people that blow their nose in a restaurants, over the top people, adults that expect other people to clean up after them
What’s your drink(s) of choice?: Strawberry Daiquiri or Amaretto Sour, Pepsi, Cherry Coke
Martial status:? Happily Married
Between you and SO, who is more aggressive?: Definitely me
Anniversary date: 10/30
What type of job do you have:? PT CSA
Own or rent?: Rent
What time do you go to bed?: Too late
What time do you wake up?: 6:30 a.m.
What kind of books do you read?: Biblical, Technical and Self Help
Favorite song: Anything by U2
Favorite movie: BFL
Favorite restaurant:Outback
Favorite quotes: What's up with that??!!
Favorite food or snack: Shrimp Egg Foo Yung
Where would you like to travel?: Hawaii
Worse food or snack: Brussell Sprouts
How many siblings do you have?: 2
What’s your favorite color(s)?: Blue
Any pets:? Yes
What does your screen name mean?: I Love U2 and I'm a girl
What are some of the places you travel on BC?: ???
How do people perceive you verses how you really are?: Think I am snobbish, however, when you get to know me, I allright. Hey, what's wrong with a little confidence?
If you can change one thing about yourself what would it be?: My weight
Do you play the lotto:? No
Lucky number(s): None
If you were given 2 million dollars what would you do with it?: Buy a house for ourselves and our mothers.
What are your plans for the holiday?: Be with my family

That's all she wrote. See you guys later.

Elycia
Old 08-30-2006, 01:18 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 225/220/125

Height: 5'5''

Default Leaving for the long weekend!

Hey all,

I am going to Edmonton, Alberta to see my brother and step-sis and neice for the long weekend. We are leaving early on thursday morning so I hope you guys don't write too much while i'm gone, I might be able to check it when I am there, I am not certain though. Anyways, hope all of you have a wonderful rest of the week, i might be on tomorrow in the morning or early afternoon but it depends if I am all packed, etc. Have fun on the long weekend and stay outta trouble!

Heather

Old 08-30-2006, 06:53 AM   #88  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good morning ladies it is early here this morning. Full of excitment that the Granddaughter will be here in about 6 hrs. Going to be decoration today its her 1st Bday today.

Wanted to say that I have lost 4 lbs this week and I measured and I have lost about a good 2 inches off of my waist The BL diet is doing real good I am so full that I dont want to eat or even have the urge to cheat. Not sure what I will be getting done this week the storm is susposed to be rolling in here tomorrow evening they may even cancel school. I dont think that it is going to be as bad as every one is thinking that it is going to be. I guess that when Hugo came threw it scared alot of people and now they dont take any chances. ( I couldnt tell you any things about that thought I was in the hospital having my son.) I was only around for the after effects.

I better be getting these girls ready to catch the bus will check in later if I can.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:55 AM   #89  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Sorry I never made it back last night, I had a super full day, and then- I worked out with my husband!!! We didn't plan on it, but I think he was trying to show me up or something. I treaded, he treaded... I did some weights, he decided to to some weights...

kandices2ndtry- Hi! I wanted to respond to your question about people treating you bad due to weight, sorry so late in response...

Honestly, my husband is being supportive now. But, I have felt his disgust- and seen it in some his family members and a couple of his friends as well. I do not believe he would leave me over it, but he took it awfully personally. Yes, it had an impact on our sex life. His attraction wasn't really there anymore. Thankfully, certain things have happened because of his attitude towards me that made him change his view. Now he likes to see me working out, he tells me all the time now he's proud of me. He's apologized a lot for being a weiner by acting a certain way towards me over something like body fat. I think he had to see my struggle to lose it to understand how deeply rooted emotionally my eating habits were. It's tough. I'm so sorry to hear about that. She must be hurting right now.

needhelp27- I'm so proud of you for resisting those treats the other day. It is hard, but the reward will come soon enough. That will also inspire you to turn away certain things. I love any music while I work out. I am a Bowie fan, he's on all the time around here. I might be an even bigger ABBA fan, and yes I will work out to ABBA... Have a good time visiting!

Amany- Hi!! I didn't completely disappear!!! lol...

iwantnewpants- A 14 mile walk is really tough! Great Job!

sapphire35 - I'm sorry to hear of your losses. I lost an immediate family member to a heroin addiction in July. We are pretty sure he got some of the tainted stuff, and I haven't heard what the coroner said yet, but it is bad in Chicagoland right now with that bad heroin.

miafluker - Hi! I like your avatar! You are so smilie...

n2luvnlife - Hey, it's pound. No big deal. I hate the scale. DOWN WITH THE HATED SCALE!!!!!! You could have water weight. All you can do is press onward. A lot of people get very defeated by the scale, and then they say screw it, I give up. Don't become a victim of the scale. Do what you gotta do (water, proper diet, excersise) and once a week step on that thing just to show it who's boss. If it insults you with a number, stick your tongue out at it, give it a few choice words, and tell it you meet it next week..... same place....same time.....

u2girl - I love it!!! A calorie assasinator...

Hun.e.B - Shopping sounds good! So nice you got a camera. My husband said his mom is going to buy our children their winter coats this year. I told him that gets really expensive, she doesn't need to, but he said she wants to. I thought that was really sweet of her. She must be missing our babies.

brat_61886 - I hope school goes well for you this year!

Altari - Hi!

lovethatsara - Hi!

Butterfly50 - WAY TO GO!!!!! 4 pounds is a major victory!!!!! I hope the storm is not so bad. Take care of yourself, and your family.

If I missed anyone I deeply apologize. I have been gone and it is so hard to catch up!!! I think of all of you, I promise!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #90  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Morning everyone! Oh, the struggle I had last night...
I didn't do my evening exercise until about 8:50. I was so tired and I just didn't feel like it. I ended up doing Leslie Sansone's Walk and Jog again though. I also tried a new Pilates for Abs. Whoa mama!! It was intense! So, I guess I'll tussle with it for a few weeks. I didn't exercise this morning. I didn't get to bed until almost 11 and I just wanted to sleep this morning. I'll have to get around to doing Harvey's workout tonight.

Bonnie - Cograts on the pounds and inches you lost! You're on a roll aren't you! I'm glad you found an eating plan that you enjoy. Great job.
You've been talking about your grandbaby's arrival so much that I'm starting to get excited too. I hope you all have just the best time ever. Be careful in that storm. I hope you're right about it not being that bad.

Aqua!
It's fun to work out with your husband, isn't it? I was thinking just this morning about how I like doing that on weekends as an alternative to the videos. My husband says he's going to take me to the track when I get my running shoes to help me work on wind sprints. Then I'm going to try and build up to jogging.
I'm glad your husband is on board. Sometimes people just have hang-ups. Until a person deals with his hang-ups he can be difficult. We're all guilty of that. We're all human and therefore, imperfect. He's really making up for it in strides though.

Ok, I've been a bit of a scale addict lately. Not a good thing, I know. But my news is good! I'm down 2 more! Yipppeeee!!!
Closed Thread