Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 05:36 AM   #16  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!

brat_61886- Hi! Glad to see you back! Way to go on the 5 pound loss! Man, that is awesome!

Butterfly50- Good job letting those skittles alone! This is really good you did this. It was an act of kindness on your husbands part, but now he knows, and he can see what you are trying to do- which takes a lot out of a person to resist, so it is probably good that it happened.

u2girl- Hi!

sapphire35- Yay 3 pound loss!!!!

Altari- Oooooh, good one, reflections in the store windows make me e-mo-tion-al!!! Especially the walking in view, I can see the front of my thighs. I also wear my husbands clothes (even though he weighs less than me, he wear XL so it is baggy on him) Sheesh, another motivator for me could just be wearing women's clothes and feeling feminine for the first time in a very long time!

I'm in a pretty good mood this morning. Hubby told me last night he is very happy for me, and proud of how I resisted all those fattening yum yum's he put under my nose.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:31 AM   #17  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Whew!! I just completed Donna Richardson's 30 Days to Slimmer Arms and Abs. I loved the toning and stretching sections. They're really challenging. The aerobic part is even more challenging cause it's gonna take me a week to get all that dancing! So I'll be doing it every morning this week until I get it. Dang it!

AquaChick - I agree. Harvey is really scary, but there's nothing he can do to me from the television set. On the video it's funny when he says things like, "Suck in the danggone gut and do the danggone warm up." or "You will git off yo butt and do it!".
Isn't it great when your husband notices how hard you've been working? Awww.... It seems like he's really starting to empathize with what you've been going through. Good for him! You've been doing a great job of resisting those temptations.

Oh, Danielle.... Where are you Chicky??? Hope you had a great weekend.

Melissa - Let us know how the weigh in goes. I'm cheering for you! Did you ever pick up your mat?

Hey Britt!! - Congrats on the 5 pounds girlie. So good to have you back.

Elycia - Don't give up on Ebay so soon! I just looooove Ebay! Sometimes I get carried away though. Sometimes I buy things and forget. I don't remember it until it arrives!
I got a Tania 2001 fat calculating scale. With the shipping it all came to about $14.

Sapphire - Fantastic job on the exercise. Pretty soon you'll be a workout queen like Bonnie. So glad to hear about your miracle baby. What a blessing. She's been fighter from the very beginning, huh?
Congrats on the weight loss.

Hi Altari. You can catch CFC again. VH-1 will replay a billion times between now and next Sunday. It was a great one too. Lotsa drama, just the way I like it!!1
You're doing a fantastic job by the way. 11.5 inches! That's outstanding girl.

Bonnie! Your husband is just the sweetest guy. Yeah, they forget things sometimes, but he was thinking of you.

Well, I'd better start getting ready for work. My husband is on the couch knocked out. He gets up with me at 445 to keep me company (not participate ) when I exercise. Then he falls asleep! Oh well. His heart is in the right place.

Remeber ladies to challenge yourselves this week with the exercise!! At least 4 days of aerobics, at least 15 minutes each time. If you haven't started, then start! If you've been doing it, then kick it up a notch!! BAM!!! Oh wait.... I was having an Emeril moment. I'm sorry I forgot where I was....
Old 08-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #18  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Good Morning Ladies:

I start my new job, well training, this morning, so i definitely won't be around as much. I am going to have to play catch up because I know you guys will be posting away.

Hello Brat, congrats on that weight loss and welcome back!

Sapphire, congrats on that weight loss. It's a good idea to compensate in another way when you don't meet your goal of water. Good idea!

Altari, I hear ya on the shirts riding up around my waist. I bought a shirt without trying it on not too long ago and I was like "What is going on?" That sucker kept riding up. It was making me so mad. I put that shirt away and haven't worn it since. It will be nice when you whittle down that waist. Don't give up and neither will I. We will be there soon.

Bonnie, I missed your skittles post. Good for you. Wow, you are doing great! That is definitely an NSV in my book. You passed on a snack that would have cost you 250 calories. Even making sure that you look at the labels is great. Great job, Bonnie! Great job!

Aqua, I am so glad that your husband is being more cooperative. Now we just have to stop him from eating that fattening stuff in front of ya. Well, there is a good side to that. If you can PERSEVERE through that, you are really seeing your strength. You are seeing how strong you are and that will help you in moments of weakness. You are doing great Aqua!

Amanda, it sounds like you have a variety of workouts as well. That is great! Variety is the spice of life as they say. That's so nice that your hubby gets up to support you. I wish my husband would because if he did, I could probably get him to workout with me. It was so funny, one time I did a FIRM workout and tried to get him to do it. My husband is such a "guy", and he was like :NO WAAAAY! That's a girly workout. " I got him some Gilad, but he really can't stand working out. I will get him though.

Well, I gotta work with my girls. Unbelievably, they are still sleeping. What is up with that?

Well, I will talk with you guys later and let you know how today was.

Ciao!

Elycia
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 AM   #19  

Default AHHHH monday.....

I can hadly believe that it is Monday already and I am seriously getting ready to go back to school. I just took about 6 trips to the car to load up boxes to take to school. My finace is still sleeping. I told him he had to get up at 830 so I am letting him sleep til then. I cannot wait to see my classroom. Someone told me no air and that it is the hottest class in the school... not something to look forward to, but oh well, some teachers do not even have a classroom.

Well, the brunch was a bust.... it was bad food galore. THe choices were eggs benedict, prime rib or begian waffles... I went with the belgian waffle with fruit. I also ended up eating junk like bacon and sausage. My body did not appreciate that on bit. I became very ill when I arrived home. I think it was the combination of too much grease. My body just was saying no way... so it goes to show you that when you are getting your body in check, it will let you know what it accepts in it. ha ha..

it sounds like you have alll done a most incredible job. I am hopingthat I can post tonight after i am done at school, but I am staying at Michael's. If I cannot, I am thinking of you all... make good choices today....
Old 08-28-2006, 08:44 AM   #20  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Altari I havnt done Jillian yet I was thinking of giving it a shot today. Since Dh and DS has gone to work and the other kids are at school. I watched it and it seems very tough. The one I got was not expensive I got it at Kmart for 9.99 that . I almost flipped I thought it would of been more then that. I believe their are some that need like the step bench to use I dont know for sure Ithink iam going to search the internet and see what up.

Elycia I got my Walk and Kick from Walley world it was only 9'99. Not a bad price You can only find them in the Exercise Section in sporting goods. The three I got yesturday was Two in the weight Loss Series 30 min walk and then Walk and strong and that one every few minutes they do strenght traning then the last one was The walk Diet 1 and 2 miles on one dvd. other two was only 9,99 and the one with 1 and 2 was 12,99 that wasnt bad at all.My husband asked me last night If I wanted to go get some more and I told him not right now may be later after I get my new computer out of layaway. Then Iam getting high speed service.

For everyone else I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:46 AM   #21  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey everyone! Happy Monday Morning!

My 2cents for the day- don't forget to drink milk during your diets. 9 out of 10 girls and 7 out of 10 boys don't drink enough milk- on my milk carton this AM. we want toned muscles and healthy bones!

it's going to be a busy and tempting week though- esp the end. the battle of the bridge football game- we take football seriously down here in NC. against the city across the river. that's on friday and the whole town goes! seriously my first year of living down here and they played I went out that night and the streets were empty and I mentioned it to the coworkers "gee, there were no cars on the street last night" "oh it was the battle of the bridge" and You always have to get food. - hotdogs or burgers and peanuts... we have a couple of birthdays in the office this week and everyone gets a cake and gets to go out to eat. ugh.

ANyone have a good reliable pedometer? I had a couple cheap ones before and it never seems to record all my steps. Sometime I'll count and then check it and it's not right. where can I get one?

Back to 208 this AM but I will do better this week. still it was 3 lbs last week...

Amanda- congrats on the ebay purchase- I saw those at walmart- I thought I'd like one too because we all know muscle weighs more than fat. make sure you post your results!
Thanks for the motivation challenge- least 4 days of 15 minutes! we all should be able to do that!

Heather- welcome! These are a great group of supportive ladies. I was an overweight teen all through highschool - I'm 26 now- but I was always in a 16/18. had 1 boyfriend. definitely does something to your selfesteem! so all the best- and we'll be here to keep you in line! good choices the other day!

5 things that help weight loss?
1. the clothes I used to wear and want to get back in them and the easier shopping trips.
2. of course the winning losers- I said when I first rejoined that I need you guys!
3. kinda goes with number 1 but seeing my muscles- I know they exist and I like seeing them esp my strong legs- quads and hamstrings and my tight belly/abs. I know it's there and I want to see it again!
4. water- while drinking so much water throughout the day I tend to stay away from the worse soda and koolaid.
5. stamina, wanting to be able to do more activity without getting winded so soon. My DH and I walk for almost everything- march of dimes, race for the cure... and I feel silly getting out of breath so soon, so working up to that.

bonnie- I look at the labels now too and make decisions off of that. wtg on passing on the skittles.

trish- oohhh that drives me crazy too- the thighs rubbing together. that's a good one!

off to do some work- will check in later!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #22  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Lovelies!!

Hey, I have a little tip for you. Try holding your stomach in for as much as you can during the day. As you do it more, it will become easier. Here's why....

1. It will strengthen your abdominal muscles, giving you a sleeker look.
2. When your abs are stronger, they will help the back support you. That way all of the strain is not on the back.
3. This will force you to use your lungs more. A lot of us have a tendency to inhale and exhale using our stomachs more than our lungs; sometimes causing the stomach to stretch. So this will also make the lungs stronger.
4. Muscle burns fat even while you're at rest. Adding muscle boosts your metabolim. BTW, the real reason that our metabolism slows down as we get older is that due to our lose of muscle as we age. Build a little muscle, burn a little more fat. You don't have to be bulky. Lean muscle is what we're going for right? Muscle tone.

Kandice - I hate milk!! Yuck! Got my yogurt though!
Hey, a three pound weight loss is still good news.

Bonnie - Having variety with your workouts will make them better. At least it does for me. It takes the boredom out of it, and prevents my muscles from getting complacent.

Tricia - I hope your week, even with it's challenges, will feel like a breeze. Or at least breeze by I know what you mean about your body letting you know that it doesn't want certain things. I ate some full calorie, full fat ice cream about a month ago. Oh, did I suffer...

Elycia - Have a great day today lady. Sometimes I'm grateful for when my husband falls asleep during my work outs. He thinks some of them are hilarious. So he laughs, which makes me laugh and throws me completely off. He was up for like the first 5 minutes or so of my Donna Richardson work out today and he was like, "It looks like you're in a Janet Jackson video.". Then he started singing "Control" and laughing. He's a mess!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #23  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hi ho Hi ho its off to school I go! LOL! Just had to pop in and let you all know the horrible ugly details!.....248.6 OUCH!!! Big difference from my other scale, but I can see it once and let it all be down down down from here right!

I'll be back to catch up with everyone this afternoon, I'm running late and parking is usually a nightmare, but I had to wish you all a FANTASTIC on plan day!!

~melissa
Old 08-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #24  

Smile

Amany- It is pretty great to feel noticed. I guess Harvey is just doin' his doggone job.
I hope I'm not stepiing on anyone's toes or offending anyone when I say this, but some of those fit clubbers p@#$ me off! I know we all have a tendancy to fight with our food and lose. I know, I understand. But, we do not have personal one on one help the way these people do. The audacity to order a pastrami sandwich, carrot cake, to moan about her heart (I do not have congested heart failure, granted)but I do have an arrythmia that freaked me out too when I began my journey.(remember? ) But once my cardiologist said, Ma'am, you are overweight. You need to help yourself to feel better- I knew I had to push past my fear of dropping dead, and get some sense when it came to how to eat to lose weight (ahem*liquid diet*cough*). She is keeping that crutch even though her cardiolgist basically gave her a green flag, told her nutritionist she needs this, and told her it was to get a little better. (you never recover from congested heart failure) She's also diabetic, what the **** is she doing eating all that bread and carrot cake? I guess I am mad because people that keep wishing never get anywhere. I'd be mad if she was on my team. Excuses. If you don't really want to, it's your business. She should have never signed up for the show. Man I'd go batty if my husband wanted to chat while I worked out. Me: muscle....burning.... ouch..ow..ow...ow... *looks at husband looking at me* WILL YOU GET OUT OF HERE so I can whimper in peace..." lol....

u2girl- Good luck on the new job today!

TriciaK- It's hard to say no when you are out with people at something like that. I am barely learning to grasp ahold of myself with stuff like that. I haven't had to go out to dinner with anyone yet. I'm such an obsesser...I'm already figuring out what I will order out of an array of like 5 different places that we will probably could be having dinner at with my in-laws in the near future. I'm just gonna say it, and not look back. What's hard is when people say things like "that's it? Oh, honey, eat, we're here to have a good time" They wanna derail your diet, and make you feel like your commiting a crime by trying to teach yourself a new way of living. My family is sooooooo bad about that. My mom gets mad if I order salad in a public place! I know for a fact it's because she doesn't want to see me eat healthier than her. Her and my sister are bad about just dropping by McDonald's and getting you some lunch to be "nice"- er, when they know you're on a diet.... I have no respect for that kind of sabotage, and I have been mentally prepping myself to stand up for myself and say something like "Thanks anyway, but I don't eat like that anymore". I've worked too hard. It's about us baby!!! For once!!! To us!

Butterfly50- Hi! I hope your day is going wonderful!

kandices2ndtry- I hate milk. I do take calcium supplements, do you think this is enough? Calcium is so important, I know.
We take football dead serious in this house too...well, my husband does, I'm dragged along for the ride. Pretty soon I am going to be designated to cook a feast for his friends for a game. I love doing it, I really do. It makes them so happy, but the temptation will be unbearable.
My sister has been overweight her whole life. I can't remember her being small. I feel bad, because she was the youngest and I was the second youngest. My mom totally gave up on cooking and we were raised on McDonald's and other fast foods, I believe with all my heart that set her down the road to obesity before she was 5 years old. By the time I was a Freshman in high school, I got sick of it and refused it. It gave me a special appreciation for home cookin'. Of course now I have to eat frozen dinners to put myself in check... McDonald's is highly addictive though, I think because they put so much sugar in it. My sister will go almost daily- even if she has to hide the fact.
I picked up my ice cream habit from both of my parents. My mother hid and ate it at night while we slept, my father would blatantly smash a cookie or peice of cake into a premium vanilla every night. Then he would look at me and say, "this is awful. I only have a fat belly because of this habit." I still picked up the tradition though and my Haagen Daaz habit added over 70 pounds to my 110 pound frame!!! I think if my husband brought something like that in the house right now I'd break down and cry. It is a drug to me.

Okay sweeties, I'm on a ramble this morning. I don't know what got into me, I must've had an adreniline rush from my morning workout... lol...
You all have a good day, I'll be back tonight to check on ya...
Old 08-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #25  

Smile

Hun.e.B- Have a great day, and don't worry about the dumb old scale!

Amany- Oooooooohhhhh, that is a solid tip! Thank you!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:59 AM   #26  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Jest something Quick. OMG I tried to do Jillian but I did the 5 min warm up and then 5 minutes into I was so exhausted and tired I could hardley catch my breath so I think Iam going to use it as a gaol . Witch will be the next time I do it I would like to get beyond the 5 min warm up and 5 minutes of the exercise. Before long I know I will be able to finish the whole thing. Yeah that will be great.

I looked into the Jillain videos and she has 4 videos. I went to collagevideos and it lets you have a 60 sec preview of the videos. But boy they cost Any where you can get them cheaper??? Let me know.

Thanks for the encouragment on the skittles they are still on top of the frige. I started the BL diet and it is full filling Im not hungry I look at the clock and think boy its time to eat again. This jest might be what I was looking for and its real food. Dairy, Protein, Veggies and fruit and it even lets you have whole grains. GTG lots to do 2 more days till granddaughter gets here.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Lady Girls!

It's been several days since I posted.....our computer system at the office was going HAYWIRE! Anywho, it's great to see some new members. Altari...I noticed you live in Chicago, so do I! What a great city, eh?!

I continued training for my breast cancer walk this weekend and did 14 miles on Saturday! It was TOUGH! But I felt so good afterwards (even though I couldn't really walk). Ha!

I love the 5 motivations.....so here are mine:

1. My high school cheerleading picture. I know that sounds ridiculous because it will be very difficult to get down to that weight, but it is a great piece of motivation.

2. My sister.....she just had twins and weighs about the same as I do right now. So (though I haven't told her), I've decided to "compete" with her in terms of weight loss. It's healthy competition. And my theory is that if she can handle two babies and a healthy lifestyle....I certainly should be able to!

3. My boyfriend.....for 2 reasons. First, he is so supportive and has made it abundantly clear that he loves me no matter what. Last night he told me that he would love me if I was 900 pounds and grew a third leg. He said we could start our own circus! Hahahahaha! He has such an amazing sense of humor and keeps me in smiles. Second, he weighs less than I do....about 170, so my first goal is to weigh less than him.....then I'll set another goal from there.

4. The Winning Losers! Though I've only been a part of this group for a short time, you guys are so inspiring. And I love the fact that we all come from different backgrounds and have different lives and are surrounded by different people......yet we all share this common goal! It's SO great!

5. WATER. I love water. I can't say this enough. I drink soooooooo much water and it really helps curb my appetite and ward off cravings. It's FANTASTIC!

Now for some shout outs!

Bonnie....way to go on the Skittles! And it's awesome that they're still sitting on top of your fridge. I would have had to give or throw them away! That is really really cool!

Aqua....I'm with you on Harvey. He scares the pants off me. I actually think Billy Blanks is really scary too. But, CFC, is AWESOME this season! I mean the drama of course. I was really annoyed at Angie too. This week was all about excuses. My favorite is Bone Crusher. He's so funny! And it seems like he's really sticking to the plan. Did you see him sumo wrestling?! Comedy at it's finest.

Amany....you're so inspiring. Getting so excited about a scale! That's so great! And I think you have about the nicest husband in the world. That's really cute that he gets up with you so that you have company.

U2Girl....good luck with the new job! Change can be scary, but is ultimately so exciting and so much fun.

Sapphire....your baby is really an amazing source of motivation. My eyes definitely welled up when I read about that being one of your motivations. That is so sweet. Obviously toughness runs in the family so I am pulling for you!

Tricia....I definitely know what you mean about the body rejecting certain things once you start eating more "cleanly". I find that my body even gets to the point of no longer craving certain things (like refined sugar, "bad" carbs, "bad" fats) when I've been eating healthily. I'm sorry you didn't feel well, but seriously, that's a really good sign. Way to go! You've obviously been taking very good care of yourself!

Hun.e.B....I can certainly relate to the scale plight. That happened to me last week. But, you just look at that number and say "fine." And know in your heart and mind that you won't have to look at that number for very long! And when you reach your goal weight.....you can brag about how much you lost! Woo hoo!

Okay, I know I missed a bunch of people, but love love love to everyone! 2 more days until my next weigh in!

Liz
Old 08-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #28  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

[SIZE="5"]Good Morning Everyone[/SIZE]

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Weekends come and go so quick. I do all my running errors on the weekend because I don't have much time during the week.
You Guys Are Not Going To Believe These Turn Of Events
I went to a friends funeral this weekend. He was diving off a clif in Hawaii and hit a coral reef and broke his neck. Very good swimmer, he didn't realize of course that it was shallow there. Very sad and unexpected 39 yrs old. Get this on top of all that, another friend of our family daughter just died on Friday. She was walking in St.louis and collapsed and died. Tashia has been on drugs off and on for a while tho. She got clean again and got married, was doing great. Has a three year old son and 16yr old daughter. She had the daughter at 15yr old. We definitely believe she lapsed and got a hold of some bad drugs. Her funeral is Wednesday. I know your not going to believe me but another friend of mines baby just died 8.5 months old. Cardiac arrest, this one really broke my heart. She was a preemie survivor like my daughter and was born 1lb 4oz. She never got to leave the hospital. OKAY sorry for that downer news. I just had to get all that.

Brit Great job on the 5lbs. Gotta love those grandaparents. There so Sweet aren't they!!

Kandice I thought we couldn't really indulge in milk. And I don't like skim milk at all. But I love 2% milk but have not been drinking any since I started this diet. I can drink a gallon of 2% in 2 days.

Tricia Well tricia its time to get back to the books. Good Luck at your new school. Lets us know how your first day went.

Elycia[/COLOR] I don't undestand e-bay either. I mean I guess I understand it, but I can never out bid anybody. It just keeps going and going. I don't like the amount of time they give you to bid like 6 days or something weird like that.
I agree with you whole heartedly on how this group Winning Losers make you check-in. Its really exciting just to see what people are doing and check on there goal accomplishments.

Amanda If you get up at 4:45am, geeze what time do you go to bed? Your husbands sounds great, nice support. You're definitely and inspiration to follow. Your're like a machine right now.

Aquachick Glad to hear you're having a good day especially on a MONDAY. I'm glad your husband is being nice and thoughtfull. Family and spousal support is key to our success right now.

Okay if your still reading sorry for the long post. Lol. Did anyone see Fantasia from American Idol show about her life on Lifetime last week? It was really good I watched it twice. Lifetime reported that that was the biggest rating they have ever gotten in there history on television.

How About Tiger Woods yesterday, Love him.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #29  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

im with you im ready for this week u2 good luck on your first day of work, and everyone else thanx for the good tips i need them my 5
1. well during the preg. with my 6 month old i had gestational diabetes and pelvic dislocation (which dr said my size contributed) i was put on bedrest from 7months to birth, and she weighed 9lbs 11oz
2. to be a healthy role model for my girls
3. you guys keep me going
4. to build my self esteem so i can see what my husband sees in me
5. so i can become more active and fit into my clothes in the closet( im still wearing maternity tops)

i have a ? have anyone done pilates i have the old winsor tapes and i watched them the other day and the exercises look close to impossible to do i accidently said out loud i cant do that crap im not flexiable of course my dear old husband heard me and go on my case about being so negative anyways for anyone that kinda heavy are these exercises doable?
thanks
i hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by miafluker; 08-28-2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

Oh my gosh, Sapphire. My heart goes out to you. That is such a horrible turn of events. I don't even know what to say. Hang in there.

Miafluker....to answer your pilates question....I have done Windsor pilates and I love it. It definitely is hard, but you can modify just about all the exercises and then work towards doing them "hardcore".....and then work your way up to the longer tapes from there. And you will notice results IMMEDIATELY. You feel infinitely more toned after just one session. It helps with flexibility. I have back problems and I find that it has really helped with that...I think mainly because you are strengthening your core. I've found that it even helps with my posture. And even that 20 minute workout feels like quite a workout! Good luck! Let me know if you try it!

Liz
Closed Thread