Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #151  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the well wishes girls! I don't know if we'll do anything special, not that I'm for promoting another year older...LOL I think the best gift I could give myself would be getting off my fat butt and getting this weight off.

Mel, sure you don't want the "2" back??? I'm selling them awfully cheap!! I hope you enjoyed your sunshine and it's not too smokey. Heard them talking about it on the news all week--tons and tons of acres burning out there! I hope you got your running around done and can finally enjoy some down time. Can you even believe our kids are in jr. high? I feel really old!

Aqua, how's the day been for ya?

Sara, I'm sorry about your friend. I agree with Aqua tho, maybe she had a good reason for not going with you? I would give anything to have a walking buddy, be patient and talk to her. Great work getting that walk despite of how you were feeling!

Mia, hiya chicky! Sorry about Ernesto. Seems like he's making a huge pest out of himself, isn't he? Just glad that you are safe & sound!
Old 09-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #152  

Smile

lol... I treaded, of course. I'll be hopping on there one more time before bed.

I tread.
I tread.
It's something I no longer dread.
I want to lose the weight.
Don't want no extra freight.
I tread
I tread
I tread...

Old 09-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #153  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Love it, Aqua!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #154  
Danielle-Red Team Member

This is totally not related to weight loss what so ever But.....

Forgot to ask, Melissa what'd you think of BB last night & the eliminations? I still think Erika made a huge mistake by listening to Booger! In the 2nd elimination dontcha think maybe if her and Janelle had voted for Boogie to leave then they could dominate? I tell ya, Will deserves an Oscar for his acting this season! LOL

Anybody else watch Big Brother?!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #155  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I want to say that I hope all of you that live in Virginia or north carolina that every one is going good.I hope that the storm isnt playing with you too hard.

Things here are going good since I have soo amny people in my house right now I have been staying to plan until Dinner and then I have what everyone else is having. Kinda hard to make Seperate meals for eveyone for all of us So I cook one for everyone and With this being the end of the month things are kinda tight here.

I went to walley world tonight and I see that they have three of Jillians workout DVDs not bad priced. The single one is 9.99 and the 2 Disc is 14.99 so not bad their . I picked up the Leslie Pilates I figuered since everyone raves about it I would give it a shot. Her other videos are pretty simple. I like that. My Granddaughter is going home Monday morning I will be able to get back to doing all my videos and stuff and get back into the System again.
GTG Hope Everyone is well and Congrats to all who has llost weight here lately.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #156  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Danielle!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLIN!!
I hope you have just the best birthday ever. Have yourself a good time! Do it up big. Celebrate all weekend. But be good!
What you said about America's Funniest Home videos was hilarious. The sad thing is that I was thinking, "Pilates and aerobics? Hmmm..." So I found a dvd on Half.Com for $4 and ordered it.
Those 2 pounds could very well be water retention because of AF. You're doing beautifully, so don't let it discourage you. I just love the way you're really getting into exercise. Your enthusiasm is infectious.

Aqua Our Poet Laureate.... That was so cute. That treadmill is certainly doing you good. You're rhyming and everything! Adding those handweights is really intense. I love knowing that I can exercise with them. Even when I end up drenched. We're gonna be nice and slim!

Melissa - I didnt walk on my lunch hour, but I did Leslie's Walk and Box this morning with the handweights. It's 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. I keep telling myself that I'm going to do something else tonight too, but it's almost 10. So, I think I'm basically lying to myself. Actually, I will probably still do something. Something short like Tae Bo or the Walk and Jog again. I want to try and tackle those stairs this weekend. BTW, for all my big talk, I still haven't done Harvey's video yet!

Sara - Try to chalk the neighbor up as just one of those things. Even if she preferred to walk with someone else today, doesn't mean she meant is as a slight to you. Besides, if walking by yourself means you can go at a faster pace, then it's a good thing. When it comes to your health and weight loss, you have to be selfish.
When I get up in the mornings to do my aerobics, my husband usually gets up with me to keep me company. It didn't start out that way though. It started out with him trying to convince me to stay in bed with him. In the evening, he'd try to carry on conversation with me while I was trying to pay attention to my videos. Sometimes I listen. Mostly I don't. My point? I'm doint this for ME. And I told him that. I love spending time with him. I love snuggling next to him early in the morning but, when it's time for me to exercise, I'm gonna do it. I was worried that he'd feel rejected, but I didn't let that stop me. I am a person who wants to lose weight, and I mean to do it!

Bonnie - Congrats to you for being able to stay on plan despite having a bunch of people in your home. Extra people can be a distraction and, like you said, cooking all those different meals can be a hassle. You're a strong, strong lady. You may be going a little off skew at dinner time, but you'll make up for it later. Give that granddaughter of yours a few extra hugs!
I hope you like Leslie Sansone's Pilates. Don't get discouraged if it seems a little hard at first. You get stronger really fast.

Lori - I know what you mean about cooler weather. I have yet to accept that fall is coming. I've lived in Michigan my whole life (except for a year), and I've yet to embrace the winter. I really don't like the cold at all. I think my husband and I are going to leave the state within the next five years. We'll see...

Mia - Sorry Ernesto is giving you such a hard time. Thankfully, you didn't lose your electricity though. Come back to us when you get a moment.

Ok, Ladies, g2g. I'll check in a bit later. Or tomorow.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:28 PM   #157  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone! Hope that everyone is doing well and looking forward to the long weekend. I know that I am.

Sapphire, I've been meaning to get back with you. I live not far from the airport off of Natural Bridge. I used to live in St. Charles. Lived there for several years actually. I really loved St. Charles. Well, we will have to catch up. Your PM doesn't work, but somehow we will have to talk. 3FC doesn't recommend us to put our email addresses on here, so we will have to figure something out. If you enable your pm's I can send you my phone number.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Elycia
Old 09-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #158  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good evening sunshines!!

Danielle, now I mean it...you get rid of those 2 lbs! Just throw em out, noone here wants em! LOL! now for BB..well...I wish Janelle would have thrown a big ol whammy out there and nominated booger. OR that Will would have gotten the veto and Erica went. But its okay how it is. I have a feeling Janelle maybe next! With Danielle gone there isnt really any drama now, its gonna be a boring couple of weeks I think. Unless they bring someone back!!

Bonnie I think you are just fine eating with the family, just use your portion control and moderation. You'll be fine!

Aqua...I love your attitude!! Loved the poem too!

Amanda...Harvey scares the heck outta me I dont blame you for not doing him! LOL!!

Sara...I'm sure your neighbor has her reasons, hear them out first. I hope she didnt just ditch you, but like you said, you've got your ipod so you can still walk! Dont let anyone get you down!!

Mia...Glad you are back! And didnt float away! I hope that was the end of the storms for you.

We are having 2 extra girls spend the night tonight and I can tell already that its going to be a LOOOONG night!! And I have nothing but school books to read darn it! I hope everyone is having a great night!! "see" you in the morning!

~melissa
Old 09-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #159  
Melissa

I forgot!! I need some help! My neighbor gave us 3 big zuchini from their garden and I have NO IDEA what to do with them. Any yummy ideas?

~melissa
Old 09-02-2006, 08:48 AM   #160  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Sugar-N-Spice- Thanks, I feel silly sometimes...lol...

Butterfly50- I'm glad you are sticking to plan. That is great. For me, when I wake up, it is the best feeling to wake up the morning after you had a good day. It motivates me to try for that feeling again the next morning.

Amany- I think the old treadmill deserves at least a poem or limerick, a haiku or something...lol....I'm carrying 5 pounds in each hand now. I just added ankle weights too, and I am considering knocking the speed up by .2 MPH. I might wait a couple of days and do that. It is intense, but I know those are the "walls" we hear about because I thought I was gonna die when I first added the weights, now I can move my arms around easily with them, I barely felt it so I added the ankle weights. You just have do do it in bitty increments so you can break the walls without hurting yourself. You don't even realize how strong you are getting. I can still wear my 16's, but they are loose and fit very differently. My behind is definately changing shape, my legs are firmer. And really, if you make this a life long commitment, your body will be fabulous within a year's time or so. Fabulous by how you feel, but also you can't help but notice good muscle tone.

Hun.e.B- You could fry it (not so healthy) Or, you could make a few loaves of zucchini bread and as a good hearted thing give those away. The "pass it on" thing. Neighbor gave you zucchini, you give other neighbors zucchini bread. (just don't eat it.... lol...)

Ack!!!! Girls, all squeaky and giggly!!!! That's what memories are made of though.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:39 AM   #161  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Ladies...

I didn't realize until just now how tired I am. I don't feel like lifting my finger to do a thing.
I woke up this morning at 5. I figured since I was up, I'd go ahead and get my exercise out the way. I felt ok at first. After being up for about ten minutes though, I got really tired. So I went back to bed and slept until 8. Now I'm just sort of dragging. Some type of exercise will get done today, I just don't know what it will be.
My exercise has been lackluster all week long. I've been doing it, but not the same amount. I guess I just need some time to recharge my batteries. I don't even feel like going to the roller rink today, and I love roller skating. There are three books I've been wanting to read. I think I'll read them during my days off and just make sure I get at least 30 - 40 minutes of exercise and some Pilates done everyday.

Melissa - I haven't seen BB since the first season it was on. I think I watch 2 episodes of it. From what I understand, it's gotten a heck of a lot spicier since then. I'm surprised at myself for not tuning in because I like dramatic reality television.
Oh yes, the sleepovers.... There are three nieces that I used to have over at least one weekend every month. One weekend one of them showed up with a friend who loved to scream. Every five minutes.... Over anything. When they would come over all the time, I think the best part was taking them back home. They're in high school now. They still show up on occasion and stay overnight.
I cut up raw zucchini and put it in salad. It can also be sauteed. My mom gave me some from her garden. I've been resisting the urge to make zucchini bread.

Aqua!j - GM Chicky! Five pound weights? Girl, you're really going at it. That's intense! And ankle weights too! You're doing just the most outstanding jog. I'm so proud of you. Isn't it great when your pants are all sagging off of you? It's like a badge of honor or something. I love those muscles that are forming in my legs too.
I hope that six months from now, we'll all be around still posting and sharing our success stories. And posting pics! I'm excited for all of us.
BTW, thank you for writing about these walls. I needed to read that. I'd been starting to wonder if my fitness goals were realistic. I needed to remember that I'll have to push myself, but in stages. Baby steps. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Well, I'm gonna go. I'm about a have a couple of salmon muffins. Yum! I'm going to have to hide my scale. I've formed an addiction. It's down two pounds though! 229! This time I won't post it. I'll wait until Friday...

For those of you doing low carb, you may want to try this salmon muffin recipe. It's really good!

12 - 14 oz of canned salmon (or tuna)
2 eggs
1/4 cup of green pepper diced
1/4 cup of onion diced
1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt
pepper

Preheat the oven to 350, mix all the ingredients together well and spoon the mixture into a six muffin pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #162  

Smile

Hi Amany! I have at least one day a week like that, where I am just so tired. Sometimes if I feel like that I will take my body's cue and make it light that day. You never know, maybe that has something to do with our bodies losing fat, building muscle... some kind of a process going on that requires taking it a little easier. Nothing wrong with that. I have to make sure I know how to seperate natural fatigue from my inclination to want to be lazy (sometimes I am lazy I ain't gonna lie). Your body is changing, I think you might be right about the recharging of the batteries.

I'm proud of you too! If it wasn't for you guys egging me on I might still be on the couch thinking my heart was gonna stop. Coming here made me want to push, it made me stop feeling sorry for myself and move. Now I am feeling better. I don't have all that sugar coming into my body, I make my heart pump and don't flip about it, I made my diet a healthier one without trying to take the fast and easy way out (whaich was a big cause of the problem). You all (and my cardiologist) had a lot to do with what made me stop being a fool and put in real effort. I was inspired, now I'm doing it. Six months from now I will be here. Even when I make goal I will be here, it is a part of my lifestyle now- I owe to much to this place to leave. I will post pics for you when I'm done. Absolutely.

Your welcome about the walls. I think it's easy to forget how amazing humans are- and what we are capable of physically achieving.

Those salmon muffins sound soooooooo yummy! Thank you for the recipe. My husband will love those!

Have a great day everybody! I'll come back tonight~
Old 09-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #163  
Melissa

Good Saturday morning everyone!! I actually got a good nights sleep last night despite 2 extra girls! Woke up this morning and did my measurements...OUCH!! Which btw, just a reminder to fill in those blanks so we can get em put on a spreadsheet! Looks like another beautiful day outside, we need to get out there and enjoy it!

Danielle....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! YOU ALREADY KNOW THE REST OF THE SOOOONG, SO I WONT SING IT TO YOU! lol! I hope they spoil you rotten today!

Aqua...holding weights while you tread!! You rock!! I see you doing your workouts and eating right and all that energy that you have and you just KNOW you are doing the right thing!! If that doesnt motivate someone to get off their tush and get moving I dont know what will!!

Amanda...BB is definetly my guilty pleasure, I just love it! This season is allstars, its been really fun! Of course I'm sure there are better things I could be doing besides sitting on my butt watching it 3 nights a week! LOL!! I'm sorry your energy is zapped. Thats how I get to feeling after doing about a week of lowcarbing. I dunno why it just drains me and all I ever wanted to do was sleep. And work out...pfft yeah right! But you are still doing it!! You still get your tush shaking and that is so amazing!!! Your dedication to yourself is absolutely astounding! maybe vacation is just what your body is screaming for!

Very quiet in here this weekend! where is everyone? I feel like I want to venture over to the farmers market today, but theres not really anything I need. i've got homework coming out of my ears! Have a beautiful day everyone!

~melissa
Old 09-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #164  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Default Iam so ticked off.

Good afternoon ladies , Boy can I tell you that right now Iam soo ticked off right now. You know I love my granddaughter to death and I have enjoyed her being here but!!!!! My step son is about to drive me nuts. Here he is a 23 year old man with a child and a girl friend. He has a job and right now he has made me soo mad . He invited his girl friend and daughter down for almost a week ( With out talking to us first)and Has relied on us to support and handle all the food for them. They didnt even have a thing for the baby to drink I had to go out and buy something for her and eat to might I add. Well I went and picked his check up for him on friday came home gave it to him and he grossed about 850.00 Dollars. He gives her 400 and then goes to walmart and spend 100.00 on baby clothes and all he gives me is 50.00. He has been here for two months and his checks before was all given to his girl friend. Since he has been here we have supplied all the food and gas money and cig money and even some spending money and all he gives me is 50.00 . I dont know Do I sound like a crazed step mother?
It jest makes me mad that he sits here and talkes about them being a family and he has to support his family and they way I see it he is support them and we are supporting him and I for one feel like we are being used to the end of the earth. I can see a mother and father heping his child out and I jest think that this boy is taking it a little too far. I think Iam about used up. Soo need less to say I am a little ticked off right now.
Then if things didnt have to get worst his Uncle ken ken called and said my Dh sister is comming in town and they are having her a bday party and Now I am madder then fire. they expect all of us to come running over and see everyone. I hate some of them they act like they are better then the rest of us and I hate that. It has made me mad they didnt recognise any one elses Bday why should we all bend over and kiss her *** that jest has me all fired up and I am not taking it all to well.
I know you all dont want to hear my problem but I thought I would share they maddness that I have today and I hope things get better before the day is over.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #165  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Hello! Hello!

Thanks girls for the birthday wishes! I just woke up, can you believe it?! I am a lazy butt this morning, not sure how I feel about that!. My intention today is to exercise for at least 30 min. Gotta keep racking up those minutes!!!

Amanda, I think you are doing such an amazing job with everything. I hope you enjoy your days off this weekend just doing "me" stuff. Do you feel okay, hon? The whole thing with being real tired is worrisome to me. Could you possibly be anemic? I don't want you getting sick on us lady!

I love BB! Like Melissa, it's a guilty pleasure. But, then again, all the reality stuff is guilty to me! LOL I think I like it more than regular tv for some reason. There is always drama on there, but most of the time I can never remember that it comes out 3x a week so I miss most of it. LOL

Aqua, you are a treading machine girl! Wow 5lb weights too?! Awesome!!!!! I can only imagine that your body is most definitely changing, look at how hard you work it? Pretty soon those 16's will be falling off you and you won't look the same! That's gotta be a fantastic feeling!

Melissa, I'm glad you survived the munchkins last night! Did Maddie leave you some food? LOL That girl, I swear! Bottomless pit. Lets hope she doesn't grow up and end up weighing 500 lbs! Hopefully you get thru your homework in no time so you can enjoy the long weekend!

Have an amazing day girls! I really hope the others join in today, it's so quiet here. We want to hear how you're doing ladies!
Closed Thread