Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #31  
I can do it this time.

Good Morning ladies, I am glad to see that everyone enjoyed the 5 reasons that help me with my weight loss. I thought it would be kinda fun and it was interesting to see everyones reasons. I could relate to almost all of them I'll write more when I get off of work I just wanted to say I miss you guys and Keep up the great work
Old 08-28-2006, 12:54 PM   #32  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

melissa- sorry about the scale but now you know and that'll be the last time you'll see that number!

it's just calcium I believe. I don't know I've seen conflicting things about milk. Curves has a milk campaign and then other places I see don't drink milk. I got freaked out a little while ago because my maternal g-grandma broke her hip and my materal grandma has had problems with her back all her life and my dad's mom- has shrunk so much. I started taking Tums just for the calcium. now I take the multivitamin and it has everything in it, but still- something to think about. strong bones, healthy heart!

Liz- that's great- HS cheering picture. When I got down before I think I was even smaller than I was in HS. All I can ever remember is being size 14/16/18 and at 175 I was starting to fit in some 12s. my 10th year reunion will be coming up in 2008 and I would love to go back to it looking good and esp to rub it in a couple of people's faces that called me names. shallow I know, but there has got to be a piece of that in everyone.

Trish- wow, sorry for all the events this weekend! we'll keep your family and friends in our prayers!

question- I was originally going to ask if there were any males but it could be anyone- are there any people in your life that bring you down re: your weight? several of us have spoke a little about this anyways....

mine- not directly, my my father just left my stepmom- well in April this year, after 20 years of marraige (20 years- 8/16/06) because of her obesity. he said he couldn't stand to look at her anymore and had asked her to change and she wouldn't. (I'm not a good judge of weight on a person because I don't think I look 200 lbs but I'd say she's 5'6 and 300 or 325)
While I know that my DH is not my dad, and I'm not as big as my stepmom, and I KNOW my DH would never leave based on that alone, it is a thought that I have in my head sometimes. like I looked GOOD at the wedding and now I'm big again (I was this weight when he met me though) but you know what I mean, I want to take care of myself for him too.... so my answer would be my dad.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 225/220/125

Height: 5'5''

Hey ladies,

Guess what! My mom baked an apple pie yesterday and offered me some...and she makes the best apple pie ever, i'm not even joking, its soooo good, and I said NO! well i said no thank you lol but you get my drift! I went up to my room and almost cried cuz i was so happy and then i drank a bottle of water in like a minute to try and not think about the apple pie! Then I went out with a few friends last night and we went to tim hortons (canadian donought shop like krispy cream but not as good.. if you don't know what it is) and they have the BEST iced cappuchino's in the universe and one of the guy's parents came and offered to buy us all one, and I said no also but it was really hard and I was like maybe I should just cheat this once then I thought of my goal and I said no. Then we went to a park which has a river beside it and me and another girl went swimming with our clothes on, it was fun... and then we sat on the beach after and we were really cold lol. Anyways even tho I just started this whole new outlook on life, etc. I will tell you my top 5 motivations...

1) Like someone said before but I can't remember who... to get legs where they don't rub together when i walk cuz I hate that too!
2) You guys, u guys are awesome and I really doubt that I would be able to keep going if it weren't for you guys!
3) My graduation...I hate pictures and graduation is when there are A LOT of camera's around and I don't wanna be the fat girl in the pic or if I am in the background I don't want ppl asking who's that big girl in the background. And I want to fit into a size 6-10 dress because my friend want to take me dress shopping in Spokane, Washington at David's Bridal (Prom) and I don't want to have to look for a size 18W when we go.
4) The look on some people's faces when I get to be a size 6 and who used to call me names because of my weight.
5) Health... I want to live till at least 95 and my dad's side of the family has a lot of health problems and I don't want the same sorts of health problems when I get to be older. My dad's side has heart problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, cancer and my mom's side has arthritis and cancer. So I don't have that great of genes and I hate needles so I am determind not to get diabetes. I also want to be a healthy young mom and be able to run after my kids and not have to stop every few minutes for a rest.

Everyone have a great day and keep working hard, we are all here for you no matter what!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #34  

needhelp! you're doing great!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #35  

Thanks, do you have msn messenger?
Old 08-28-2006, 02:00 PM   #36  

no- just AOL-IM, sorry! you can pm me anytime or I can give you my email address.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:01 PM   #37  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Heather Way to go on saying no .I still have the Skittles on the Fridge I think I will let me girls have them when they get home from school today. It is real hard to Say no all the time But these Ladies are making it easier for me to do that. I knw what youa re saying about Kids at school . I can never remember a day going by that someone didnt tease me in school. My heart goes out to all kids or adults that gets teased Not much fun. Keep up the good work Graduation going to be here before you know it and you will great. I never had one I got married when I was 16 and Never went back to school

Kandice I know all about tums I take them for heart burn though. But I was looking threw my diets ( I have Several) I wanted one that let me have dairy most of them dont. I believe that your body needs it It very important to your body.

Sara I hope that youa re having a good day at work.

Liz I have the windsor pilates but I never looked at them I have about 200 Exercise Videos. I have a set of the firm too I jest could never get into them. Any suggestions.

Mia I hope that your day is going great for you. So far mine is HAve to drink more of my water though.

Trish Iam very sorry for your loss I hope that your day gets Brighter

By the way who is Harvey and what does he do I have never heard of him.
For everyone else I hope that everyone is having a great day..
Old 08-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Bummer!!!!!!

Okay, it officialy sucks. I gained one pound. Not that time of the month either!!!!!! I have been doing everything that I am supposed too. I am at 180 as of this morning.

I was soooooooo busy over the weekend and couldn't stop in to post anything. You guys move at lightning speed. So here it goes on my top 5:

1. My skinny pictures when I was 30 - size 2!!!!

2. I don't want the extra chin anymore.

3. Myself, I keep myself motivated and am my own best friend.

4. My husband for loving me.

5. My fat ankles.

And the question about who brings you down about my weight, MY MOTHER! She is skinny, always has been skinny ( I am adopted) I love my family dearly don't get me wrong but they are skinny. They don't know how to be nice about being overweight. They try but it comes out hurting my feelings.

I am doing great today, drinking all my water and I hope everyone else is having a great Monday.

Melissa: Don't worry about the new scale, take it in stride - that means it will all go down from here. Keep your head up!

needhelp27: Great Job at not eating the APPLE PIE. Great Will Power mojo working on your part.

Trish: Sorry for your loss's. Breaks my heart. You are in my prayers as long as the families of those close to you.

u2girl: good luck on the job!!!!!!!!

Amanda: You bring me up when I am feeling down. Just reading your posts and all your motivation. Thanks!

Big hugs to everyone else and I am thinking of each of you and keep up the good work chickadees.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #39  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Heather - you are doing wonderful turning down all the temptations. You're going to be the skinniest one at graduation. You just watch!! Keep it up girl. Take it day by day, one step at a time.

Liz Thanks, it was just one weird weekend, they say death comes in threes.

Melissa Don't you worry about that new scale. You'll show it!

You guys have so many videos and work out tapes. I have got taboe the entire series, pilates, ablaster, buns of steels, and denise austin. I don't have any of this new stuff you girls are talking about. For some reason I feel funny doing those exercises at home by myself. So I go to the gym. I think I'm motivated by people around me doing things, I like to watch sometimes and try to out do them on one of the machines. Is that crazy or what?

kandice There is really nobody that brings me down per say. I think I bring myself down, just because I know I shouldn't be this big. I was a size 6 throughout high school. I was 7/8 when I got married now I'm any where from 16-22 depends on the clothes. That just urks me so much.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

Trish -- I've heard that before.....it's just so eerie. In any case, keep hanging in there!

Bonnie -- You are so funny! I can't believe you have over 200 exercise videos! I don't even think I have that many CD's. As far as recommendations, I have to say, I'm probably not the person to consult. I've lived in various apartments since I graduated from college, usually on the 2nd or 3rd floor, so I've refrained from doing anything too high impact out of fear of disturbing/crashing through my neighbors' ceilings. Ha! But, I have done a lot of toning/pilates/yoga videos and of those, Windsor Pilates is the best. Sheesh, I feel like a commercial.

Kandice -- yeah, the HS photo is pretty hilarious. I have to say, I was that annoying blond skinny cheerleader. GRRR! And it's crazy because I look back at that picture and would kill for that body again. But, I also remember how self-conscious I was at that age. It's crazy how your mind works, you know? My ten-year reunion is this year, though I don't think I'm going. It sounds kind of nuts, but the reason I'm not going is due, in part, to my weight. I found myself getting so stressed out about taking weight off by that certain date and decided that it was a really unhealthy attitude. Obviously I want to lose weight, but I also don't want to be crazy about it and put any more pressure than I have to on myself. I figure I'll see everyone at the 15 year reunion and knock them dead with my killer 32 year old bod. Ha!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #41  
I can do it this time.

Bonnie - Those dvds sound really interesting that you can print out all that stuff. Let us know how they pan out for you. So good to have a husband who is so supportive like that. Thats nice of your husband to geet you skittles he was trying to think of you, I know matt doesnt really look at the back for calories either I usually have to remind him to look at the back for me but I thank him for the gesture anyways.
Amanda - I wish my family had a vegetable garden like your mom does. That's great! I really need to kick up a notch with the Aerobics! I have so many of these dvds and I never use them at least I'm walking though.
Trish - congrats on the 3lbs loss. Your doing good and no coolers thats great! You feel good when you resist temptation.
kandice - I cant get enough milk. I love drinking milk but now i traded my 2% milk to lowfat.
Aqua - I can see how that could be frustrating when people say they are going to do things and they dont. As for the husband in the room thing. I really dont feel comfortable excersizing when matt is even in the next room. I dont know why i just feel like hes watching me even if he isnt. weird i know
Heather- you are on the right track, good job making better choices when going out to fast food.
Brat - Congrats on the 5lbs loss thats awesome!
Needhelp - thats awesome. All those temptations and you never caved once! Be proud of yourself!

I dont know who asked the question about "who brings you down about my weight" but I saw lori's post and figured I'd answer it. My nana, (grandma) she trys to help and but hearing it all the time whether good or bad just made me wanna eat and eat and eat but instead now when I get frustrated I go running instead of heading for the sweats. "When you get skinny you'll look just like a model" I'm sorry but I love myself big or small. I personally would rather be skinnier but when people constantly talk about how I need to lose weight or how nice Id look when I get there it irritates me.

Anyways I am at work and I figured Id drop in. I lost 2lbs so I marked it down but my official weigh in is on wednesday. I'll be sure to tell you guys how I did. Hopefully I go down but i really need to get a tape measure i want to get rid of some of these inches!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:55 PM   #42  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon Lovelies.

I was just thinking that one of the things I love most about our group is that when newer people come, the transition is seamless. When I came along, I think you guys were into the second week, and I immediately felt at home. You all are so, so special. I'm really blessed to be a part of this.

Liz - Girl you're literally working your hiney off with all that walking. You're doing such a great job.
I would love to visit Chicago again. I haven't been since I was 10 or 11. That's really ridiculous considering that I only live about 5 hours away. I'm really kicking myself for not having done any traveling over the summer.
I can't wait for you to knock em dead at the reunion! If you really want to stick it to them, pretend like you don't remember their names or who they are.

Melissa - I'm sorry to hear about the scale. I have a new scale coming this week, so it's possible that we'll find ourselves in the same boat. The scale at the doctor's is always 5 - 7 pounds more too. And that's with my shoes off. *Sigh*.... Damn numbers!
Chin up, Sweetie. That still doesn't negate the success you've had so far.

Sapphire - I'm sorry to hear about all the bad news. Good grief! When it rains it pours. One of cousins died last Friday of AIDS. She was only 6 months older than I. She and I were not close. Honestly, I really can't say I cared for her all that much, but it's really sad when someone dies way before it's time. It's tragic. My heart definitely goes out to you.
It's not strange at all that you prefer to exercise with a group. That's what keeps some people motivated. You should do whatever keeps you motivated and is fun.

Mia - Fear not chicky! You'll be done with those maternity shirts soon enough! We'll have nothing but success stories around here. I really believe we will all reach our goals. Even if I reach mine before some other people, I'm going to stick around to help everyone see this through. And help celebrate the success stories.

Kandice - I guess I'd have to say that my family, esp my parents, have brought me down in the past. I say the past because I just don't allow them to have that kind of power over me anymore. The last time my father said something rude to me I just told him to mind is own business. Disrespectful, I know. But I've just about had all I'm gonna take. 33 years is long enough.
The problem I'm encountering now (that 3 people have taken notice of my loss) is people trying to discourage me from me goal. They want to tell me what's "good enough". I think I'm at the point where I want to politely let some people know that I have a goal in mind, but I'm going to keep it to myself.

Needhelp - I know what you mean about those Iced Cappuccinos! I have craved those things more than anything else.
Hey, great job on turning down the apple pie.
I know what you mean about the gene pool. I have all those same ailments in my family. We're literally fighting for our lives aren't we?

Bonnie - Yes, get rid of the Skittles!!!
Harvey Walden is the drill sargeant on Celebrity Fit Club. He's hilarious! The thing about him is that you either love him or hate him. Personally, I love him, but I can see why other people would feel differently. He's probably partly deranged. He has a great fitness video though. The quality is a little cheesy, but the work out is good. Well it looks good. I've not done it yet. I've only watched it and I think it will give me the type of challenge I've been wanting.
BTW, who is that beautiful child? Is she your grandbaby?

Aqua and Liz - Angie got on my nerves too. I just knew she'd be like this. I just never dreamed it would be this bad. From an entertainment viewpoint, I love it. That's what makes reality television so great. From the view of a person trying to lose weight, though, she's infuriating. Did you hear that excuse she made for eating the sandwich? She said that she ate it because they had it there at Fit Camp. So what?? She's such a drama queen. I wonder how many more times she's going to threaten to leave before the show is over this season. I agree with you Aqua. What in the world did she think she was coming to? She had to have known that she'd be expected to eat right and exercise. She's nuts. I love it though!!!

N2 - Awww... Thanks. You're such a sweetie. If anyone is helped by what I post, then that makes me feel good. I get so, so much from this thread. If I'm putting a little back in that makes me happy. Right back at cha!

Sara - Congrats on the two pounds! I love your statement about loving yourself regardless of your size. I love that!

Yeah, my husband really is rather sweet to get up with me in the mornings. I've said it many times, but he really is a prince. He does a lot of nice things for me. When we first started going out it used to overwhelm me because I just wasn't used to it. I'm grateful.

Well ma'ladies, I'm gonna shut down now. I try to catch up with you later.

Last edited by Amany; 08-28-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #43  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Someone asked about Pilates...

It seemed undoable to me at first. Then I bought Leslie Sansone's You Can Do Pilates. It's an instructional / beginner dvd. Now that I've gotten stronger with the exercises, I think I can move on. Definitely not to an advanced one! But I definitely feel strong enough to move on. It took me about 3 or 4 weeks to get to this point. At first even the Leslie Sansone was a challenging. The results are quick though.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:29 PM   #44  

Hey ladies,

Kandices: I would love your email.

N2: Don't worry! You will lose that pound so quick plus a whole bunch more and it will make everything all better. Keep working out and eating right and as some wise ppl here have said, it doesn't matter if you screw up, just get back up and work a little bit harder. Don't beat yourself up for it, its not worth it!

Trish: Thanx, you are sweetie and I don't know if I will be the skinniest but hopefully one of them.

Amanda: We are fighting for our lives but we can do it! We may lose some battles but we are going to win the war!! Do you have an email address I can contact you at?

I have a couple questions for anyone who might be able to give me an answer.
1) I heard it wasn't a good idea to buy an outfit or dress when you are trying to lose weight because it can hinder what you do and if you don't accomplish that goal of fitting the outfit, then its not a good thing. I was thinking maybe in march i would do the dress shopping with my friend so I can get a good selection, but I am not sure if I will be able to buy it then and get it because what if i don't lose all the weight and can't fit into the dress then its like $200.00 down the drain. I am not sure what to do.
2) I have heard and seen horror stories about women who lose all this weight and then they end up with excess fat on their stomaches, legs, arms, etc. But because i'm young and I have elasticity still, would I get abs that I can see or will I have access fat that won't ever leave unless I get a tummy tuck, which I could never afford?
3) What is the best kind of calcium chews? Do they taste good? Would pills be a better way to go? How much do they cost? Can you get them anywhere?

Everyone, have a great day and keep workin those pounds off!
Old 08-28-2006, 06:38 PM   #45  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

thanks for all of the input about pilates i think i will try it
today i already know is not a good day, its been kinda stressfull and i did what i shouldnt have done and snacked my problems away and hubby brought me a coolers light home, but its not too late to do my exercise so im going to at least complete that i messed up on water and food though thank god tomorrow is a new day hope you all had a better day than me
Sara congrats on the weight loss
Closed Thread